Healing

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

EmergingFromTheVoid

Is there any correlation between healing faster or slower, and a rapid window/wave pattern or a slow window/wave pattern?

If I had to guess, I would think that a slow pattern is better as it would be less stressful on the CNS. On the other hand, a fast window/wave pattern could indicate that there are more rapid repair (wave) and stablizing (window) actions going on. 

Thoughts?

gardenlady

I've been slow-tapering for 2 years and have never had a window, so I don't think there is any correlation between speed of taper and window/wave pattern. I have the same symptoms as those who rapid-tapered or went CT.  

Altostrata

You've had an unusually bad time, gardenlady.

Pens
On 12/13/2019 at 7:02 AM, Nevertoolate said:

It will take time but just take reach day as it comes. Listen to your body be kind to yourself and just know all of this will pass. 

Thankyou, I read this post. I’m 63 as well and am feeling low. It encouraged me! Happy for your success.

Tom37

Just wondering if anyone here has started feeling a lot better and had a long period at baseline to only then fall backwards and go back into a nasty cycle of bad waves?

And can you get bad waves while close to recovery or does having these bad waves mean I’ve still got a long way to go?

sunnysideup69
48 minutes ago, Tom37 said:

Just wondering if anyone here has started feeling a lot better and had a long period at baseline to only then fall backwards and go back into a nasty cycle of bad waves?

And can you get bad waves while close to recovery or does having these bad waves mean I’ve still got a long way to go?

I read here and on Bloom in Wellness that you can have your worst wave before total recovery.....anything is possible :)

Katy398

I read that somewhere too. So fingers crossed Tom 🧡

I have a window/ wave pattern that I’m not sure others have experienced. I’m interested in opinions.

Everyday I experience waves and windows. It will either be a wave heavy day with a bit of a window in the evening when I’m with my family or vice versa when a wave comes mid afternoon. I cry most days at the moment when in a wave. I try to hold it together but just don’t seem to manage it. 

Is this a withdrawal pattern or more a relapse pattern.

Take care everyone breathe in the energy and hope those windows offer and breathe through the waves they will pass.

Kx

Nena59

I know over the past 3 years my baseline has improved but I am so tired of feeling depressed, lack of desire to do anything, and at times anxious. I usually have a window in the evening, but more than half of my days I am in a wave and have to PUSH myself to do things. I can't figure out any pattern. My concern too is that if this is supposed to gradually get better, I am in for a much longer recovery than I thought. It can be really discouraging. I'm so glad to have this forum, some hope!

Ali75

I’m in a similar situation. Almost 2.5 years off and feeling like I’m in a wave most of the time, albeit with a baseline that is generally improving. It’s very discouraging, but I have had windows that lasted a few weeks at a time, which gives me hope that I can fully recover. I had hoped to feel better by this point, but after being on a drug for over 20 years, I guess recovery takes some time. 

getofflex

Perhaps the anxiety and depression, etc is more than just a sign of PAWS.  Perhaps there are underlying issues we have that need to be dealt with.  Someone told me that in another thread, and I think they were right.  For me, I returned to AA after being gone for years because I was tempted to go back to drinking.  I've discovered that I indeed have some deeper emotional and spiritual issues that need to be addressed.  I am feeling SO much less anxious and depressed since returning to AA.  One huge thing AA and my sponsor do is get me out of myself.  She is having me do service and help other alcoholics.  This helps me focus less on me and my problems and suffering, and more on someone else.  This breaks the pain cycle for me, and it gives me joy and a sense of purpose, even when I'm not feeling good.   I have a very strong sponsor who is taking me through the 12 steps, and this is helping immensely! Therapy can also be a big help for anxiety and depression.  It could be that the underlying emotional issues make the physical withdrawal worse, or vice versa.  Our minds and bodies affect each other that way.  

Nena59
7 hours ago, getofflex said:

Perhaps the anxiety and depression, etc is more than just a sign of PAWS.  Perhaps there are underlying issues we have that need to be dealt with.  Someone told me that in another thread, and I think they were right.  For me, I returned to AA after being gone for years because I was tempted to go back to drinking.  I've discovered that I indeed have some deeper emotional and spiritual issues that need to be addressed.  I am feeling SO much less anxious and depressed since returning to AA.  One huge thing AA and my sponsor do is get me out of myself.  She is having me do service and help other alcoholics.  This helps me focus less on me and my problems and suffering, and more on someone else.  This breaks the pain cycle for me, and it gives me joy and a sense of purpose, even when I'm not feeling good.   I have a very strong sponsor who is taking me through the 12 steps, and this is helping immensely! Therapy can also be a big help for anxiety and depression.  It could be that the underlying emotional issues make the physical withdrawal worse, or vice versa.  Our minds and bodies affect each other that way.  

I have been wondering that for awhile. I have tried several counselors and they want me to go on drugs or try that new brain zappy thingy. I'm waiting for a call back to a new counselor now. I went on Prozac 20 years ago for pms. I wasn't suffering from anxiety or anhedonia...both a part of my life after quitting. I get discouraged because I do have windows, so I know what it can be.

Nena59
On 1/27/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ali75 said:

I’m in a similar situation. Almost 2.5 years off and feeling like I’m in a wave most of the time, albeit with a baseline that is generally improving. It’s very discouraging, but I have had windows that lasted a few weeks at a time, which gives me hope that I can fully recover. I had hoped to feel better by this point, but after being on a drug for over 20 years, I guess recovery takes some time. 

That's great that you have such long windows! I will just keep plugging along!

thecowisback

like you nena i was on prozac for 20 years. i tapered too quickly and had 2years with very few windows. i went back on a low dose of prozac a year ago but things are still rough. 

i hope you start to see some light at the end of your tunnel soon xxx

getofflex
2 hours ago, Nena59 said:

I have been wondering that for awhile. I have tried several counselors and they want me to go on drugs or try that new brain zappy thingy. I'm waiting for a call back to a new counselor now. I went on Prozac 20 years ago for pms. I wasn't suffering from anxiety or anhedonia...both a part of my life after quitting. I get discouraged because I do have windows, so I know what it can be.

I'm just speaking for myself personally here.  I hope to never ever have to go back on psych meds, and will do whatever I can to avoid them, if possible.  It is just too damn hard and painful to wean off of them.   At least for me, I feel the meds were covering up issues, and not truly solving any problem.  Jennifer 

emerik

i CT celexa , 20mg was 1 year on it. didnt know better and i forgot tbh.
3 months later it hitted me just in time for new year. !

reinstated 20mg of celexa under 2 weeks because though symptoms coming back.
 20mg on 10 of january its been a month now
i had so many weird waves, windows

in my waves i cant really sleep, sometime 0 hours sometime 2, sometime 4.
in my last windows i have been totally normal for 10 days and sleep fine and did everything, though i was cured, classic.
but it came crashing again. have you guys had those intense windows? ive feel better than last week but still.

Miko789

Im 3 years off paxil.

Now Im 2 almost 2 years off risp.

I have btw back and forth wave. I think my system is destabilised. 

Or i suppose its burst of anger caused by wd o med. 

My plan is 6 months to move ahead until August stressful events were root.