Kittygirl: Introducing Myself

Kittygirl

Hi everyone,

I've been here for awhile.  I came from Paxil Progress.  I don't post much.  I just come for some support and encouragement.  I've seen every corner of hell there is.  See my signature.  I had a 2 week window in February and now in another wave.  Bad one.  So tired of feeling like this everyday.  And I still have 25 milligrams to get off of.

Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

Thanks for listening.

Kittygirl

In December 2008, I hit menopause and had a nervous breakdown. After 6 months, I couldn't take it anymore so in June of 2009 I saw a psychiatrist and was given 100 milligrams of Zoloft. Way too much. That Dr refused to get me off of some of it so I found another Dr. who I'm still with.  She got me down to 50 milligrams.  Pure concentrated hell!  Stayed on 50 milligrams for a few years.

October of 2013 - 44 milligrams.  

January 1st 2014- 37 1/2 milligrams.

March 1st 2014 - 31 milligrams.

April 10 2014 - 25 milligrams.

Yes, my Dr. had me go too much too fast.  Almost a year later, I'm still in withdrawal hell and holding at 25 milligrams.

6 1/2 years in one corner of hell or another and still counting.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope you get another window soon.  Hang in there (I know, easier said than done)

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Wow so sorry you've been suffering so long..same time as me really..I didn't realise it was all the drugs..

Wishing for a window for you..we will beat this..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Kitty, you've found a great forum full of people who care and will give you the reassurance you need to get through this hell. We all heal and get to the other side. I believe it. Hugs to you.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thank you everyone!  I appreciate your kindness.

In December 2008, I hit menopause and had a nervous breakdown. After 6 months, I couldn't take it anymore so in June of 2009 I saw a psychiatrist and was given 100 milligrams of Zoloft. Way too much. That Dr refused to get me off of some of it so I found another Dr. who I'm still with.  She got me down to 50 milligrams.  Pure concentrated hell!  Stayed on 50 milligrams for a few years.

Yes, my Dr. had me go too much too fast.  Almost a year later, I'm still in withdrawal hell and holding at 25 milligrams.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Kittygirl,

Thank you for posting and introducing yourself.  I'm sorry you have been suffering for such a long time, trying to get off Zoloft.  What symptoms are you having?

Have you ever felt well since starting on this medication?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you for writing to me.  No, I haven't felt well in over 6 years now.  The nervous breakdown was horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  I thought I lost my mind.  I lived in that aweful black hole for 6 months before finally conceeding to taking medication. 

The best I felt was back in February of this year when I actually had a 2 week window.  Up until that window, I had only had a window for a couple of hours and then on rare occasion, a day here and there.

I felt this wave coming on on March 6th.  Was starting to feel uncomfortable again.  On March 15th, I noticed my shoulders getting stiff, then my neck.  By the end of the day, I was getting these muscle cramps going up the back of my neck and shooting up my head.  Agonizing, painful muscle cramps.  In the middle of the night, I noticed my ankles were swelling and then knees swelled up.  By morning, I couldn't walk.  I spent 3 days in bed because I couldn't walk.

That pain has all subsided now but at the moment, I feel the awful depression, the anxiety shoots up regularly, I can't focus, I have that inner shaking, weakness and extreme fatigue.  Hopelessness, crying spells.

It's been almost a year since my last decrease.  It'll be a year on April 10th.  Shouldn't the withdrawals be letting up some by now?

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for writing to me.  No, I haven't felt well in over 6 years now.  The nervous breakdown was horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  I thought I lost my mind.  I lived in that aweful black hole for 6 months before finally conceeding to taking medication. 

The best I felt was back in February of this year when I actually had a 2 week window.  Up until that window, I had only had a window for a couple of hours and then on rare occasion, a day here and there.

I felt this wave coming on on March 6th.  Was starting to feel uncomfortable again.  On March 15th, I noticed my shoulders getting stiff, then my neck.  By the end of the day, I was getting these muscle cramps going up the back of my neck and shooting up my head.  Agonizing, painful muscle cramps.  In the middle of the night, I noticed my ankles were swelling and then knees swelled up.  By morning, I couldn't walk.  I spent 3 days in bed because I couldn't walk.

That pain has all subsided now but at the moment, I feel the awful depression, the anxiety shoots up regularly, I can't focus, I have that inner shaking, weakness and extreme fatigue.  Hopelessness, crying spells.

It's been almost a year since my last decrease.  It'll be a year on April 10th.  Shouldn't the withdrawals be letting up some by now?

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it.

Unfortunately there are no "shoulds" where this stuff is concerned. There's a great deal of variation from one person to another. If you want to be sure it's not something else, you can get a thorough medical checkup, but it's not unheard of or even all that unusual for people to be having trouble with withdrawal after a CT or too-fast taper a year out. 

Usually the best thing to do in your situation is focus on the suggestions in the Symptoms and Self-Care area to see if you can get some relief and help stabilize your nervous system. Hopefully you'll get another window before long.

Again, I'm so sorry for your suffering.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thank you Rhiannon.  I should know all that but you know how it goes, the withdrawals are blinding until they pass.  I've had a ton of bloodwork done and everything comes back normal so I'm not going to keep doing that.  I just have to keep riding it out like every other poor soul who is going through this.

I've pretty much lost all faith in Drs.  I swear they trade in their common sense when they get their degree and license.  My first Dr told me that there were no withdrawals with Zoloft.  I'd love to give him a piece of my mind right now but not sure I can afford it!  LOL!!!  And it certainly wouldn't change anything.

Can I ask you, how I'll know when it's time to decrease again?  I know the 10% rule now and I have a compounding pharmacy near by so that problem is solved.  I just don't know how long to wait.  I'm not comfortable decreasing it now.  Maybe I should assume that I'll just know when it's time?

• 3 weeks later...

Could use a little bit of encouragement.  Still in a horrible wave.  It's been a 1 year and 1 week since my last decrease.  I still have 25 milligrams to get off of.  I woke up crying this morning.  I've been dragging my butt around since I got up.  I keep reading the success stories looking for something to hang to.  Please, someone tell me when I'll get some relief from this.

Hi Kitty. Hugs to you during this awful journey. You'll get some relief soon. Every single day is a little closer to complete recovery. The torture is in not knowing when it will end. Some have it easier than others. Keep thinking that tomorrow will be the day it's over.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Yes, that is absolutely the torture in all this.  The "not knowing" and the indefiniteness of more than 6 years, crawling around the gravel streets of hell, has been intolerable.  Thank you for your kindness.

• Administrator

Kittygirl, I am wondering if perhaps you and Zoloft never got along, and you have been experiencing adverse effects from Zoloft all along.

I don't know if any of these doctors can help http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/988-recommended-doctors-therapists-or-clinics/but since you've been having such a bad time for so long, you might consider a switch to Prozac to go off Zoloft.

Also see The Prozac switch or "bridging" with Prozac

There are absolutely no guarantees for this. The only reason I mention it is because a doctor I know who is relatively very knowledgeable about getting people off psychiatric drugs would use the Prozac switch in a case like yours.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for your suggestion.  My Dr. suggested this but I'm afraid.  There's the devil that I know and the devil that I don't know.  I think I'd rather stick with the Zoloft and when I'm ready, just take a small baby step.

• Administrator

I understand perfectly.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Could it be that 25 milligrams is just too much now?  Is it still withdrawals or is it side effects now?

Maybe you should just continue with the taper? You should definately be stable after one year. Maybe it's like for me. If i dont taper (also zoloft) I feel so much worse. I have been tapering around 4-6 percent every 3-6 weeks. I still feel wd, but tolerable.

I feel for you, six year is a long time. But dont despair, you will feel better. You will get off. Maybe you could try just a tiny drop? To 24 mg. See how it feels.

All the best.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Yes, I thought about that.  I haven't been in withdrawal hell for 6 years.  In the beginning, it was a nervous breakdown.  I was given Zoloft.  My dr had me go to fast when she started having me taper.  Dropping 25 milligrams in 6 months time was too fast.  I know it's not uncommon to have withdrawal problems a year later after going too fast.  I just was hoping for some input for others.  I may just drop 1 milligram and see how that goes.

Ok, sorry Kittygirl. I thought you never really tolerated zoloft, and it that case better try to drop slowly off. I hope others will chime in.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been 1 year and 3 weeks since my last decrease and finally, I get a little relief now and then.  I'm starting to notice a twinge of improvement each week now.  I will look at things again in July and perhaps do a small decrease then.  We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm having a horrible wave right now.  All I can think about is increasing the Zoloft (I've gotten to hate that word).  I'm at 13 months since my last decrease.  I read somewhere, here or maybe on PP, that if you can make it to the 15th month mark, that it starts to lighten up.  Can anyone tell me if that's true?  Or true in some cases?  I haven't had much in the way of windows.  Just times when it's not quite as bad as it is now.

I can't believe I still have 25 milligrams of this crap to get off of.

Just looking for some hope.

Thanks

So sorry kitty..I'm still on the drug also and feeling terrible.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

I know Love, I've been following you for awhile.  So sorry you're having such troubles.  Hugs!

Yes, maybe don't look on my thread for optimism and cheer ;) thank you. Hugs back. We will get there one day.

You're getting withdrawal symptoms because you are tapering too fast. You have to really slow down, especially during the second half of tapering. Contrary to common sense, things usually get more difficult the lower the dosage. It took me 4 years to taper 75 mgs of Effexor. When I got down to 5 mgs, thinking I was near the end, I tried to drop faster and ended up with a lot of very bad withdrawal.

After that I reinstated a little and then proceeded at a much slower pace. After every 10-25% drop I waited a month and a half and made sure I was feeling OK before making another drop. After slowing down I did fine with the rest of my taper and am now 7 months into my post-taper and still doing very well. There is no fast way through this thing for many people. You have to make up your mind to take as long as necessary. Trying to "wait it out", "push through"  or "bite the bullet" almost always means years of terrible and unnecessary suffering. It only took me 1 year to get to the half way point in my taper, but the second half took 3 years. I'm assuming you're taper from 100 mgs to 50, was too fast to begin with. The withdrawal symptoms you're experiencing shows that 25 mgs in six months was also too fast for you. You should back up to the last dose where you were still feeling OK and hold for a good long while, and then proceed much more slowly-mostly based on how you're feeling.    

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

Thank you Silver Star.  Yes, I know now that I went too fast with the first 25 milligrams.  At the time I started decreasing, I hadn't found this board and just followed my Dr's directions.  Now I know better.  That's why I'm at 13 months and holding where I am.  I will not decrease it again until I feel ready.  Even if I have to wait another year.

The first 50 did not go well either but again, my dr had me go too fast.  I survived it though and I know I'll survive this.  From here on in, it will be very slow.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kittygirl, I moved your new topic to your original intro thread, it is one topic per person here in the intro forum, it keeps your  updates in one place for continuity. 

Sorry to see that you are still suffering. Sadly there is no pattern, everyone is different and some recover faster than others but it is a good sign that some days are better than others, even if they are still not 'good' days. No-one can say how an updose would affect you at this stage, if you do decide to do that make it very small to see how it goes.  You will get stable eventually but I understand perfectly how hard it is to cope while you are waiting. Withdrawal teaches us patience! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

KIttygirl, can you see either of the Illinois doctors here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/988-recommended-doctors-therapists-or-clinics/ ?

It could be if you found a doctor you trusted to know what he or she was doing, you might be able to switch to Prozac.

I was just pointing out that if you're feeling horrible at the moment you might not want to ride it out because that could mean a very long time. If I'd chosen to ride it out I might still be feeling horrible now  3 years later. Of course it could be that your horrible isn't my horrible. There was no way I could've continued in mine without changing something. Just keep in mind that there's a really good chance you've gone way to fast, in which case you're not likely to stabilize for a very long time, and that reinstating just one step back in my taper really worked for me.

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!