☼ dcrmt: 2 years off

dcrmt

Well, as of mid April, I've been off SSRI's for two years. The real definitive withdrawal symptoms had eased off by the end of the first year, but there's lingering stuff that's still there.

-Emotional depth is... well it's there, but the thing is I'm not used to it. I've been on psych drugs since I was 10. SSRI's since 14 and I was completely nuts from about age 18 to 25, so I'm not really used to 'normal' human emotions. I've tended to get over emotional, tended to get too angry, too sad.

-I have PSSD. It's not particularly bad, but I still have issues with anorgasmia - it's somewhat intermittent and can be overcome, but it's definitely there.

this was 100% the lexapro IMO, it wasn't like that when I had sex as a teenager while on zoloft only. 

-I'm still stuck trying to sort out my life. I've gone back to uni and am actually keeping my head above water, but I have all this stuff hanging over my head because of the choices "I" made while on lexapro. It's actually worse than if I'd simply been in prison or something and done absolutely nothing because among other things "I" went to uni and ballsed it up, I have student debt from that and it's created other issues that I have to deal with now and may not even be able to overcome.

-Ability to concentrate is way better. It's impossible to disentangle from the amount of stress and distraction that's affecting me at the moment. 

-Sleep is fine. I can sleep just fine, I only wish I had more time to sleep. I do still find that it's easy to disrupt my sleep patterns, that they're not very 'set' but I have no problem getting to sleep at night. 

I really struggle to believe that it's all real sometimes. That whole period of my life just doesn't feel real. That sense has only deepened the longer I've been off drugs - when I was in withdrawal I'd actually fluctuate day to day, even during the day - sometimes I'd be 'connected' to that time and those memories, sometimes I wouldn't. My actual ability to remember things kept shifting.

It doesn't now, it's just stuck on "feels like a horrible dream".

The other thing, totally not relating to withdrawal itself, is that I hate society now.

I hate the foul society that poisoned me when I was just a child, wrecked my life before I ever got a chance to grow up, stole my youth from me - for nothing.

I hate this country and I hate everyone in it - because it wasn't just my parents or a handful of doctors - it was a system, a system that most people support.
Psychiatry is treated as a 'real' medical discipline and respected as such - people tell you to trust doctors, to trust these god damn pricks.

Teachers single out children (mostly boys) for abuse - teachers who themselves are god-damn morons who'd never have been allowed near a university or professional job 50 years ago.
People all over the place push people toward uncritical acceptance of medical treatment - you see it all the time, you see it will all the beyondblue **** that gets thrown up whenever the media can't help but peripherally acknowledge a suicide.

"IF YOU'RE FEELING DOWN GET HELP!" - oh yes, get a daily dose of suicide pills, of failure pills. 

This isn't simply a medical phenomena - it's a social phenomena. From the beginning Psychiatry has never done anything but maim, whether they were torturing people in asylums, sticking ice-picks into their brains, frying brains with electricity or destroying them with psychotropics. It's never been about healing people, it's always been about ******* them up.

That society pretends it's something else is just a sick trap, a sick game as victims are pushed toward the abusers, the professional poisoners. The truth is that this is a society that is totalitarian - it's just so subtle and insidious that you don't see it. You don't see the obscenity that people are convinced to take drugs to change the way they think because they are inconvenient for others, that children are forced to take drugs to make them think-good, to neuter and chemically lobotomize them.

The entire premise of 'depression' is a lie - peoples lives are ****, so they feel bad. That's the basis of 9/10ths of it, more even.
It's not them, they're only human - it's the environment. You can't put a rat in a maze and then complain that the rat doesn't take the right route through it, that it doesn't do what you want it to - it's only a rat. It can only do what a rat does.
The rat is always right. - so really when people who're suffering because their environment is ****, because there are no jobs, or because they're stressed at work, or because they're being crushed by a ridiculous mortgage, psychiatry blames the individual, declares them defective and tells them they need to be on drugs for life to help them get by in our complex modern world with their defective brain. Psychology in general is no better - it's just less destructive. 
All of this mental health **** is social control and nothing more. There's no such thing as mental health, it's all bullsh*t top to bottom. 

So in summery, the drugging of children, or the pushing of these poisons onto people young and old isn't simply a crime by the medical establishment, by psychiatrists or pharmaceutical companies - it's a collective crime committed by society against the individual.

Really I just want to get this degree, work a few years and then leave never to return. I don't even care where I go. 

I've already ditched my hometown, where all this happened by ~1200 kilometers, but more would always be nice.

Heya..I feel like this also..

Actually I'm starting to think that I was damaged by a vaccine at 5 yrs old which started off treatments, which started new medical problems and the cycle continued.

We may, as we heal manage to forgive and more on but right now..it's seems unbelievable to me and like a very sick joke.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Not feeling safe with the medical profession and trying to deal with withdrawal and day to day uncertainty, change in perception..more than enough to bring on depression. How ridiculous.

I'm bitter and angry but we must find a way to overcome this eh? Or they win.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

I perhaps shouldn't have posted the second part. I'm extremely bitter and angry at the whole thing.

To be honest it's probably the only thing keeping me going - anger, rage, outrage. Like some kind of heat engine tapping an enormous energy reservoir.

We're all bitter, but we calm down after a while, because what are you going to do?  Sorry you're going through this. You're in a good place.  Someone , will be along soon. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

http://recoveringfrompsychiatry.com/video/

First vid "how I grieved.."

Thought you might like it.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dcrmt,

You have been here for a while.  Have you previously had a thread in the intro section?  If so, I will merge this one with your original one.  Its one thread per member in this forum

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi dcrmt,

You have been here for a while.  Have you previously had a thread in the intro section?  If so, I will merge this one with your original one.  Its one thread per member in this forum

Dalsaan

I actually haven't - sorry, I realized I buggered up the naming of the thread.

If it's possible could this thread just be renamed appropriately?

• Moderator Emeritus

well that explains why I couldnt find one!   I have put your username in the title to make this your personal thread that you can to ask questions, document what's happening for you, get stuff off your chest etc

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hey dcrmt, glad things are a little better for you after that first year. I have a question though, did you have sleep problems early on? starting mid taper and now 1 month off completely after a 15 month taper from 10 mg. paxil I have awful sleep and can never sleep past 3:30 or 4:00 AM. I noticed you mentioned your sleep is good and I was wondering if it was ever bad and for how long. Thanks

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I love your rant, please don't apologise for it or regret posting it! It is exactly how most of us feel but especially those who were drugged as children! 

Eventually we have to let go of the anger because it just doesn't  get us anywhere, but it is so hard when you are suffering so badly.  

I hope that you finish your degree and manage to put the hurt and trauma behind you, heal and be happy, you deserve it after what you have been through.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

dcrmt, thank you for updating.

It sounds like it may be difficult, but you're starting to see this long period of suffering in the rear-view mirror. Perhaps you can transmute this into a greater understanding of the plight of others, even a career direction. How about as an advocate for children and teens, in some capacity?

I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Dcrmt,

Your anger is understandable. I have felt angry too and still do. But try not to hold onto anger and bitterness as it is not good for the soul or for the heart.

I gathered that you are from Australia. Getting help through community organizations is hard. Unless you are suffering from psychotic ilness there is 0 support, especially if are suffering from Ad's induced WD.

It all looks good on paper, when s...hits the fan, there is no help insight.

This is what makes me angry too.

I think that it is fantastic that you have gone back to uni and that you are going to rebuild your life.

Well done on that. All the best in the future!

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty anger, bitterness and hate is just about the only thing driving me at the moment.

...if you have a heat well which is at a higher temperature than a heat sink (eg the enviroment), you can use that difference to generate work. 1st year thermodyamics right there...

Oh yeah, and I'm going to turn 28 next week.

• 1 month later...

I've actually just started back, didn't do much with the holidays aside from dealing with a long running problem I have, which will hopefully be resolved by the end of the year.

Anyway, that was last semester

[image: top grades of Distinction in 4 courses]

Shame I didn't get the opportunity to do this when I was 18.

Edited by Altostrata
deleted image at request of poster
  • Moderator Emeritus

Shame I didn't get the opportunity to do this when I was 18.

Don't take this the wrong way, dcrmt, as feeling like you've lost years is never going to sit well, but there is good news that you are still only 28 and you have a full life ahead of you.  You have the choice as to whether you dwell on the negative or seek the positive.  It is totally and completely a choice.  Anger, hate, bitterness, resentment will fuel you for a while but at some point you will need to do what you want to do because you choose to do it and see it from the positive side.  Far be it for me to lecture you about how to conduct your life, but given the possibility that you could have 50 or 60 more years of living time, find a way to see the contributions you can make to others.  You are clearly a smart dude -- share that with others.

I'm glad you are generally improving and hope that over time you can learn to accept, move forward and flourish.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

yes 28 is no age at all really. congratulations on coming through the hell that is AD Withdrawl. I'm nearing the 2 year milestone myself.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

Your thread has really touched me. You so eloquently put into words how I feel. I wasn't drugged as a child but feel that I have missed so many years as a mother after starting to take these drugs after the birth of my first child.

I do believe one day that the dangers of these drugs will be known. 5 or 10 years, I don't know, but one day.

We are all angry and disappointed at what has happened to us. The unfairness of it, and the corruption behind it.

I hope that one day we can all find peace so that we can move forward and live lives that we deserve. We've done this the hard way. Hopefully our journeys will save others in the future.

Ali.

2003 Zoloft for PND. No other Psych history before this.

2009 CT. Huge withdrawal. Voluntary hospital admission. Successfully stabilized on 40mg Prozac.

2012 CT after 2 years of tapering to 10mg. Another Disaster. No hospital admission. Stabilized 40mg Prozac

2014 CT after 2 years of tapering to 5mg. Destabilized but not as bad as previous. Found this site. Reinstated 5mg. Stabilized quickly but held for 6 months.

Feb 2015 4mg Prozac

March 2015 Tramadol for Pain after an OP. Didn’t realize it was an SNRI.

March 2015 3 mg Prozac

April 2015 2.5mg Prozac

May 2015 2mg Prozac

June 2015 Destabilized (After research believe it was delayed withdrawal due to the Tramadol)

July 11th 2015. Updosed to 2.5mg

• 3 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 10:50 AM, dcrmt said:

The other thing, totally not relating to withdrawal itself, is that I hate society now.

I hate the foul society that poisoned me when I was just a child, wrecked my life before I ever got a chance to grow up, stole my youth from me - for nothing.

I hate this country and I hate everyone in it - because it wasn't just my parents or a handful of doctors - it was a system, a system that most people support.
Psychiatry is treated as a 'real' medical discipline and respected as such - people tell you to trust doctors, to trust these god damn pricks.

Teachers single out children (mostly boys) for abuse - teachers who themselves are god-damn morons who'd never have been allowed near a university or professional job 50 years ago.
People all over the place push people toward uncritical acceptance of medical treatment - you see it all the time, you see it will all the beyondblue **** that gets thrown up whenever the media can't help but peripherally acknowledge a suicide.

"IF YOU'RE FEELING DOWN GET HELP!" - oh yes, get a daily dose of suicide pills, of failure pills. 

This isn't simply a medical phenomena - it's a social phenomena. From the beginning Psychiatry has never done anything but maim, whether they were torturing people in asylums, sticking ice-picks into their brains, frying brains with electricity or destroying them with psychotropics. It's never been about healing people, it's always been about ******* them up.

That society pretends it's something else is just a sick trap, a sick game as victims are pushed toward the abusers, the professional poisoners. The truth is that this is a society that is totalitarian - it's just so subtle and insidious that you don't see it. You don't see the obscenity that people are convinced to take drugs to change the way they think because they are inconvenient for others, that children are forced to take drugs to make them think-good, to neuter and chemically lobotomize them.

The entire premise of 'depression' is a lie - peoples lives are ****, so they feel bad. That's the basis of 9/10ths of it, more even.
It's not them, they're only human - it's the environment. You can't put a rat in a maze and then complain that the rat doesn't take the right route through it, that it doesn't do what you want it to - it's only a rat. It can only do what a rat does.
The rat is always right. - so really when people who're suffering because their environment is ****, because there are no jobs, or because they're stressed at work, or because they're being crushed by a ridiculous mortgage, psychiatry blames the individual, declares them defective and tells them they need to be on drugs for life to help them get by in our complex modern world with their defective brain. Psychology in general is no better - it's just less destructive. 
All of this mental health **** is social control and nothing more. There's no such thing as mental health, it's all bullsh*t top to bottom. 

So in summery, the drugging of children, or the pushing of these poisons onto people young and old isn't simply a crime by the medical establishment, by psychiatrists or pharmaceutical companies - it's a collective crime committed by society against the individual.

Really I just want to get this degree, work a few years and then leave never to return. I don't even care where I go. 

I've already ditched my hometown, where all this happened by ~1200 kilometers, but more would always be nice.

OH wow dcrmt what a piece of writing dam I liked it 👍 .just a brilliant surmise of society's ill s 

I hope your doing ok on your journey .

Focus on what serves you and leave who ever wants to stay asleep to themselves .I know I will .

Total resect .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• ChessieCat changed the title to ☼ dcrmt: 2 years off
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey dcrmt. Im just across the Tasman from you. Im on a pretty good path myself, but would love to hear from you and see how your doing. Cheers! Nick

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, dcrmt said:

This was all written quite a while ago, will have to update it at some point.

When you feel ready,  please update. 

I hope you have been well and got your degree at the end. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Mentor

You have every right to be angry.

2000–2015: sertraline 50mg, eventually up to 150mg for most of those years. Prescribed for dysthymia and generalized anxiety disorder. Two major attempts at discontinuing per psychiatrist's tapering advice were failures; each failure resulted in the dose being increased by 50mg. Those were my only increases in dose over the first 15 years

2000–2002: clonazepam .5mg 3x/day, then tapered quickly with no withdrawal
Jan 2015–Dec 2016: tapered sertraline from 150 to 50mg (relatively slowly from 150 to 100 and then pretty quickly from 100 to 50); severe withdrawal at 50mg
Jan 2017-Aug 2018: increased dose of sertraline from 100mg to 150mg to 200mg/day over the course of a few months per psychiatrist, who also added aripiprazole 1mg/day and clonazepam .5mg 2x/day

Found SA; Aug 2018-May 2023: Slowly tapered off clonazepam and abilify from 2018 to 2020; sertraline 200mg/day (200 mgai)

Taper: May 2023, 200 mgai; June 2023; 190 mgpw; July 1, 185 mgai; July 29, 181 mgai; Aug 27, 178 mgai; Oct 31, 175mgai; Dec 1, 171mgai; Jan 21, 2024, 168mgpw

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @dcrmt, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.