kimba21: caught on so many meds

kimba21

• Moderator Emeritus

i could try taking 2.5 in the morning and 5mg in the evening and see if that helps and 25mg of lyrica in the morning and the 100mg at night with me taking 125mg helps for sleep tho

It may help with the sleep, but as you reduce, you will lose that effect in any event.  It's up to you... noisy sleep, or sleepless quiet.  :wacko:

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimba21

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Right. I don't mean make a change after 4 days, I mean give it 4 days and see how it goes. Then we can figure out what to do next.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

yeah now the ringing in the ears are so bad is killing me since I went up and I don't know if I should stay on the second 25% cut  and since im on 125 mg lyrica I don't know how to split the doses like skyler said

all I know is I cant go on this way I don't know what doses to take can you please tell me

im scared and don't know what to do

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

please help me im going insane maybe I should have stayed on 100mg lyrica ....in nausuas and not handleling life

I know your here on line please if you can tell me what to do

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

• Moderator Emeritus

yeah now the ringing in the ears are so bad is killing me since I went up and I don't know if I should stay on the second 25% cut  and since im on 125 mg lyrica I don't know how to split the doses like skyler said

Kimba, I don't think splitting your valium will make much difference one way or the other, and given it seems to be causing some confusion, let's pass on that for now.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

yeah ill stay at my 2 doses of valuium

what I needed to know was how to split my 125mg lyrica to make things go a bit stable at this stage I have taken 25mg this morning

do I take 100mg stonite

my main concern now is my lyrica doseage and how to space it out im not sure what will help to settle things down

• Moderator Emeritus

yeah ill stay at my 2 doses of valuium

what I needed to know was how to split my 125mg lyrica to make things go a bit stable at this stage I have taken 25mg this morning

do I take 100mg stonite

my main concern now is my lyrica doseage and how to space it out im not sure what will help to settle things down

ASK ALTO!

Moved here from the benzo thread.

as I said on the benzo post I will stay at my 2 doses of valium

what I need to know is how I will manage the lyrica with dosages

at the moment im taking 25mg morning and 100mg nightly

I just want to know a good splitting dose for lyrica

and if I should continue with the lagctil decrease at the moment as from last night I took half of a 25mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Kimba, I have locked your benzo thread for now, and please do not PM me with the same questions as you just did.  You pepper me with questions, and by the time I've finished answering, I find I've gotten away from what Alto is trying to accomplish. This needs to stay with her.. for you to ask both of us questions gets matters way too confused and it's not good for you, or us.  Thanks for understanding.

okay thanks its just that alto is not on line and you were and I hoped you could help me its just that im scared alone and want to get this right I know alto is great but she is so busy and the time difference is crazy

its tough for me I want to get this right and thought you were a good one to ask as your life experience with lyrica

I thank you for helping me andi will need to sort this out my self it seems at least for today

thanks kimba

• Moderator Emeritus

okay thanks its just that alto is not on line and you were and I hoped you could help me its just that im scared alone and want to get this right I know alto is great but she is so busy and the time difference is crazy

I thank you for helping me andi will need to sort this out my self it seems at least for today

Yes, you may have to wait for Alto's input tomorrow and deal with your anger in the meantime.  That's the way the forum works.. 

hi alto I think I have confused skyler and im sorry if I have I just want to know about this dam lyrica the dosing im doing is 25mg morning and 100mg nighly

just want to find the best solution to my problem since the ringing is so bad and find out from you the best solution  I find the large dose helps me sleep at night

just want to fnd out what most people do with there lyrica  dosage and what may be best for me to tone down the ringing

thanks for your help ill stay at half a lagactil for now and sit on that and see how I go in the next 4 days

I don't know what to do with so many drugs in me and trying to get help but at the same time depressed and

life has got so bad for me im trying but nothing seems to be working and I don't know what to do about it all

im suppose to see my doctor today and don't know if I can get there im trying to hold on but its all so hard

I hope it gets better I pray but nothing is happening im trying to be strong but im so weak ...ill keep trying for now

Kimba, you have to stay strong.  For some reason, you've  alienated the mods.  You're lucky , that you got "the time of day".  Not everybody, does.  Stay strong and stay "focused".  Wishing the best for you.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

thanks ang im trying here to stay sane I know all the moderators are trying to help me

its just so many meds clashing

I just need to sort things out my body is all over the place

I usually take all my meds at night but that's messing now with the ringing bad ringing

thanks for caring ill pm you and have a chat

im hanging in there love to you

hi alto things are a bit messed up for sure im going to stay on my first 25% cut of lagactil the jump was way too quick

as for my lyrica its harder ive been going all over the place that's for sure

skyler suggested to spread my doses out of lyrica but just not sure how to go about it cos I need my sleep at night and it helps but the ringing in the ear is a killer as I take my full dose at night but skyler says I may need to spread it a bit maybe trying 50mg morning and 75 at night but im not sure how much sleep I will get

I took 25mg lyrica morning and 100mg at night but that wont do much for the ringing from what skyler says

so I will

1..stay with my 25% cut of lagactil

2..take my 100mg lyrica for tonite

and see what you sugest to me in the morning

im sorry if I have confused you guys just so dam confused with things

and ill see what we can come up with that worksbest for me

my doctor wants to contact the syc doctor and admit me and strip me of everything wow I think that would kill me taking everything away

and she is talking about cutting off my mirtazipine and starting me on a low dose of dothiepin on Tuesday not sure that's a good idea

ill just take what I told you above and see what you come up with for me

thanks for all your help

kimba

• Administrator

kimba, I'm confused. How much Largactil are you taking now?

Other than the ringing, what are your symptoms?

Are you now taking 25mg Lyrica in the morning and 100mg at night? Yes, stay with that for a while. Let's see how you do.

Please take all your drugs at the same times each day. Please do not make any more drug changes for a week, at least. Then, let's talk.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

hi   alto no the huge change of lagactil was too much so I went back to my first cut of 25% 3/4 of a 25mg 

the ringing is still bad it was better just taking all my dose of lyrica at night and is good for sleep but that does not help the ringing so have been trying the 25mg morning and 100mg nightly...I may need amore even dosage of lyrica for the ringing to dye down but not sure what dose is the best that's why I wanted to ask you a good dose to help

the mirtazipine makes me nausus and im trying to deal with that too......

as for other syptoms the lyrica gives me bad issues with bowl its probberly all the meds constipate me badly

I know skyler said that with lyrica you needto even out the lyrica dose to settle down the ringing but she told me to ask you what to do

I think its just trying to get a good mix with the lyrica as was told you should take it even morning and night that's where I wanted your help trying to get the dose right

my doctor wants me to get rid of mirtazipine cold turkey and switch to 25 mg of dothiepin on Tuesday but not sure if that will just totally cause my body to go into over drive...

and she wants me to detox of everything in hospital going down that road may kill me as thing s should be done slow

just thought you may sugest a good even dose of lyrica that would suit me as I said the 125mg at night helps me sleep well

I will do what you say for now until you can think of a better cause o f action for me

do you think me taking 125mg of lyrica at night cos it helps me sleep will settle down my ear....maybe going up the the lyrica and keep a dose even in the the morning and a dose that helps me sleep im not sure

thanks for staying with me on this and trying to help the last thing I want is to go into a public hospital and get stripped off everything that's not a good way to go

my gp said for me to take 125mgs of lyrica at night for the sleep as long as I sleep it helps things but at this stage does not improve the ringing

I took 25mg of lyrica this morning and will take 100mg tonite

but if I don't sleep on that tomorrow night I may have to take all my lrica at night ill see how I go tonight with sleep  I feel better taking all my lyrica at night for sleep dizzy in the morning but that wears off

I know my situation with my meds is a hard one for you to work out I just want to get stable for now so they don't put me in a syc ward and strip everything of me

looking forward to what you think a good plan will be for me

regards kimba

hi alto just wanted to add the ringing today is not quite so bad

kimba

well the ringing was very short lived it piercing quite load tonite what am I doing wrong...

maybe skyler may have an idea cos she has up dosed before and felt the effects the thing is with lyrica is so good for anziety

• Administrator

kimba, I am confused again. How much Largactil are you taking, in milligrams?

Symptoms will come and go for a while. Please do NOT change your drugs again. Do NOT take extra Lyrica to sleep.

You need to let the drug changes settle down before deciding anything.

I am sorry, you may not be able to sleep for a while. Unfortunately, that is what happens. When you keep changing your drugs, you add to your problems. Stop changing your drugs.

ok then I will im taking  3/4 of a 25 lagactil meaning I went bk to taking a quarter out

my doctor wants me to cut he mirtazipine out this week and stay stable on the lagactil what is your view on doing this

I think its risky with all the changes I have made

and thinking on putting me into hospital and stripping everything my gf did that and she nearly died it was too much on her cnsystem

• Administrator

I am sorry, you may not be able to sleep for a while. Unfortunately, that is what happens. When you keep changing your drugs, you add to your problems. Stop changing your drugs.