☼ bromor

bromor

Cutting buspar again. Feel pretty decent. Finally getting on thyroid meds & the right supplements has made all the difference. Of course, DARE has totally changed how I deal with the physical symptoms. I don't care if I feel anxious ~ anxiety is welcome to come with me as I live my life. Electric sensations, head pressure, feeling out of it ~ all are welcome! Just try it ~ get rid of the fear of the sensations, stop thinking about them all the time. Just accept & live. You'll find that even if the sensations don't diminish quickly, you're still able to go and do.

**stepping off my soapbox**

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bromor

• apace41

• brassmonkey

• Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus

Of course, DARE has totally changed how I deal with the physical symptoms. I don't care if I feel anxious ~ anxiety is welcome to come with me as I live my life. Electric sensations, head pressure, feeling out of it ~ all are welcome!

B-

You are doing so well!  You have found your way of dealing with the "stuff" of withdrawal.

You will be a success story!

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• 2 weeks later...

Cutting buspar again. I really want to just jump off since I'm at .75 mg.....however, I think it's wise to cut, hold again & then jump. Symptom wise I feel pretty decent. I feel kinda guilty saying that yet, I've walked the road of cold turkey WD & those symptoms lasted a good 2 years. I'm stabilized in my dose & taper. My original plan was to be off buspar in April and taper Zoloft. But y'all know what is said about our best laid plans! I'm glad I held on the Zoloft ~ my body is healing and I'm SO much stronger in every way. I'm grateful for this journey as it's led me to such a close relationship with God. That is priceless.

Just a side note on my diet. I've been careless in eating. Sugar has been part of my diet & so has gluten again. Boy can I tell a huge difference. Not a good one. Sugar is so addictive but makes me feel bad after I eat it. Gotta get back to making one healthy choice at a time. Don't worry about the next hour & my sugar cravings. Just make the right choice now.

Hope everyone is staying cool. 100 temp here with high humidity ~ it's a sauna! Grateful for ac.

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• 2 weeks later...

Ready for another baby buspar cut. Not jumping off yet. Seem to be handling the taper well, no use in rocking the boat by jumping off right now.

Got hit with an ear infection & uti at the same time. Very sick. Told the doc who wanted to give me cipro that I was allergic. Ugh!! Have the docs not read up on the side effects? He really pressed me but I held firm. So he put me on Bactrim & augmentin. To say that my stomach was ripped apart is an understatement. Plus the Bactrim made me feel very bad. Am just on the augmentin now. Part of the reason I had the ear infection is I have really bad allergies & fight taking meds for them. "Uncle". I'm going to get allergy meds tonight. Something in the air makes my head & sinus pressure get unbearable. It's not worth it!

Anyway, my goal is to be off buspar by Oct. Then I'll start tapering Zoloft either dec or jan. I want to give my body a chance to really stabilize before starting my last taper.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bromor,

I've read your journey and am happy to see how well you are doing - it's encouraging. Sending good thoughts your way.

Medicine History

June 2011 I was put on 10 mg Olanzapine. I stayed on that for 7 months then went down to 5 mg for 3 months and then went down to 2.5mg and slowly went down to less than .3 every few days. I have tried to come off 4 times, each time getting down to less than .3 before having to go back on at 5mg or 2.5mg. I would cut by 50% each taper. From Jan 2015 to June 2015 I reduced from about 5mg to .3 mg. This last time I went on 2.5 mg last June 2015 until July 2, 2016. July 3, 2016 I went down to 1.25mg - withdrawal hit. Up dosed to liquid 2 mg July 23, 2016.

Medicine Current

2 mg Olanzapine as of July 23, 2016

Supplements

Omega 3 1000mg, Vitamin E 400 UI, Vitamin C 1000 mg Time Released, 200 mg Magnesium Bisglycinate, Multi Probiotic, .25 mg melatonin for 3-5 days as needed

thanks for stopping by!!!  I really hope to be an encouragement.  This is a tough road & I'm not always glad to be walking it.... But, I know we can all overcome huge obstacles. 

just a quick update ~ I'm really working with my naturopath to detoxify my liver and lymphatic system which are directly tied to my sinus issues.  If you read up on SSRIs you'll find they cause liver issues with long term use.  Anyway, I'm juicing kale, cucumber, ginger, tumeric, flax seed, lemon juice & 1/2 an apple each morning now.  Yikes!  The first time I drank that concoction, I about threw up.  It's better now because I tell myself that I'm giving my body what it needs.  Have a few more days on my current Buspar dose then will taper again. Doing baby cuts every 7-10 days seems to be working well for me. 

Not too many anxiety issues ~ but I always leave that invite open in case anxiety wants to come visit. DARE is amazing and I credit that book along with prayer and scripture to really helping me get over the hump of crazy withdrawal sensations. 

Anyway, I'm off to jump on my treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Did well on my last buspar cut. Getting ready to jump off. Not much else to update. It's been almost a month since I've updated! I think I'm going to hold on Zoloft alone for at least 2 months before I taper it. Think it's good to let my body stabilize. Hard to believe just a year ago I was suffering so much with the withdrawal symptoms. I'm proof that our bodies & brains can heal.

Off of buspar. Have had a few surges and such. Dared my way through. Been supplementing with L theanine again & used some essential oils to help me relax. I find myself wanting to focus back on my health ~ critiquing every sensation. And we all know how slippery that downhill slope is....

All in all, I don't feel too bad. Definitely holding on Zoloft so my body can heal from getting off the buspar. Feel very much like a turtle! But have more than learned my lesson with cold turkeys & fast tapers.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awesome, update, B!

You've made a ton of progress and this is a great place to stop, rest and gather yourself for a while.

Kind of like "base camp" before you attempt the next ascent.

Enjoy the "one down, one to go" nature of it all.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thanks Andy. Appreciate you stopping by. Not going to lie, it feels great to only have to cut & weigh one med now!! Whoop!! Hoping by next year at this time that I'll be almost off of Zoloft. Have a great weekend. ????

Had a couple of rough days right after going off the buspar. Feel better now. My sleep is pretty good. Only take 2 kavinace at night now & no melatonin. Very grateful. Just keepin on ????

I"ve read some of your posts and it looks like you're doing really well being off one med and only one left to taper. I read this post and thought to myself you know he's right:

"Of course, DARE has totally changed how I deal with the physical symptoms. I don't care if I feel anxious ~ anxiety is welcome to come with me as I live my life. Electric sensations, head pressure, feeling out of it ~ all are welcome! Just try it ~ get rid of the fear of the sensations, stop thinking about them all the time. Just accept & live. You'll find that even if the sensations don't diminish quickly, you're still able to go and do."

I dared myself today and did what I wanted to to today instead of telling myself that I did not feel that well and should just stay home. I felt better about things when I returned home.  I think I will try this from now on.

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

• Moderator Emeritus

Had a couple of rough days right after going off the buspar. Feel better now. My sleep is pretty good. Only take 2 kavinace at night now & no melatonin. Very grateful. Just keepin on

Just keep taking your time, B.  Just keep taking your time.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy. Always appreciate your support.

Marie ~ I'm so glad that DARE helped you! I have the book and go back and read over chapters whenever I need a bit of help. I think we all can fall into the trap of focusing on our symptoms & then spiraling downward. I know it's not easy to dare and live when you feel bad. But it's worth if!!!

• 1 month later...

Long time, no post!  I've cut down on the Zoloft - been working with a total body modification practitioner.  I am really starting to feel better! Still being cautious in my weaning. Not much more to report than that.  My life has been very busy - so much so that I've not gotten on here to post.  I have to be careful that I don't overdo and become exhausted.  If I do, then I have some side effects. 

Feel oh so grateful to be in a much better place than I was a year ago at this time when I first found this site.  Blessings to all ~

• Moderator Emeritus

Feel oh so grateful to be in a much better place than I was a year ago at this time when I first found this site.  Blessings to all ~

Great update, B! So happy to hear you are doing well.

Keep us posted.

Best,

Andy

That's such excellent news Bormor.  I'm so glad to see that life is keeping you busy, because that's what we are aiming for.  Like you said, watch your pacing and don't get run down, but keep going.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  I had cut a bit too much on Zoloft... had some unpleasant side effects...went back up.  If I've learned one thing, it's to go slow slow slow & not get discouraged if you have to pop back up a wee bit to help stave off some symptoms.  So I'm at 7 mg and not planning anything else until the new year.

Also want to give encouragement to those out there struggling.  Even when you've reached a good point, sometimes those crazy sensations will hit you out of the blue.  Happened to me this week...2 times I felt my old friend, panic attack, try to visit.  At first, I wanted to fight against it...but practiced my DARE response.  Yeah, I would rather panic go visit someone else...but, he & his pesky sensations are welcome.  Acceptance is key.  Eventually, your CNS does calm down!!

Thank you Tom & Andy for stopping by...and for your words of encouragement. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Good to hear that you were able to right the ship, B. 

You have done a great job with D.A.R.E. and learning how to practice acceptance.

So impressed with how things have gone for you.

Thanks for stopping by my thread.

Best,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. So ~ December hasn't been kind to me symptom wise. It has been very discouraging to find myself dealing with physical sensations that have been gone for months. But I keep on ~ I use DARE (even tho it feels like I'm starting over!) ~ exercise, go to work, live my life. The extra sugar & gluten that I've eaten ate definite triggers. Trying to exercise some will power! Anyway, I did cut just a tiny bit more & will continue to every few weeks. That's when I do the best. Who knows, maybe the increase in anxiety is because when I cut in half I ended up increasing too much to level out..... still, in a much better place than last year. Cholesterol down 71 points & blood sugar level down 9!

• 1 month later...

Quick update. Have had continued anxiety symptoms followed by a week or 2 of none...then back again. Working with my total body modification lady, eating right & exercising. I pray & just practice DARE. I'm down to 4 mg and holding. I would like to be off of this stuff but know the wisdom in taking it slow.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: physical symptoms wax/wane... I know it's from my big cut from 9 to 5 mg in Nov.  I should have known better... ugh!!  But instead of beating myself up, am just continuing on doing what I know to do.  Getting pressure from my TBM lady to get off of the Zoloft.  I don't think it's right & since I'm the one struggling with the symptoms, I'm going to continue to take it slow. 

Anyway, been following Trudy Scott and her anti anxiety food solutions ect (highly recommend!!).  She had a great interview with Dr. Brogan about tapering off of SSRI's.  It was so good to read that this w/d stuff is NOT in our minds... that it's very hard slow work to come off of these drugs...especially when it's been over 10 years for me.  But I will not give up hope. I'm on 4 mg of Zoloft after being on 100 mg, Trazadone to sleep, Xanax as needed & Buspar.  I continue with DARE, meditating on scripture...knowing that God is here with me through all of this.

• Moderator Emeritus

B-

You are doing great!  So happy for you and proud of you.  

You have an incredible inner strength and resilience.  You will definitely get there.

Update your signature -- take credit for being at 4mg! 

Best,

Andy

Update your signature -- take credit for being at 4mg! 

Thanks for the reminder & for stopping by. :)

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update. Been doing well. Still have occasional symptoms. But just DARE them & accept that I've had them for how many years & surprise....I'm still alive! Still on 4 mg. I didn't want to cut while dealing with my daughter's high school graduation & party. Am now starting my "final descent" of getting off Zoloft. I feel strong enough & have great resources to support myself physically, spiritually & emotionally. 

Adrenal fatigue is my huge battle so I am supporting with good supplements & giving myself grace when I need to rest more. 

Keep the faith & know you can do this!! Make sure your body is strong before doing any more tapering. Just my opinion ?

Way to go Bromor.  Best of luck on your renewed taper and congratulations to your daughter on her graduation.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/24/2017 at 11:07 AM, bromor said:

Just a quick update. Been doing well. Still have occasional symptoms. But just DARE them & accept that I've had them for how many years & surprise....I'm still alive! Still on 4 mg.

B!

You are doing great!  So happy for your success and proud of how you've DAREd to handle all this (see what I did, there?).

LOL.

Good luck on the final descent.  I know you will do great.

Best,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Down to 2 mg.  Getting SO close... part of me wants to just be DONE with the cutting and weighing... But, the other, cautious, part of me says to keep tapering. Some anxiety symptoms but nothing I can't handle.  The hardest thing is that I'm concerned my scale isn't always the most accurate ~ especially since it's such a small amount that I'm taking.  Anyway, no complaints. Continuing to supplement for my adrenal fatigue.  I find that I feel much better if I just go to bed earlier when my body is telling me to! (which can mean 9 pm at times...)

Lots of changes coming up with my oldest going to college in August and my youngest starts her senior year.  All good stuff but leaves me wondering where the years have gone. 

This has been a hard yet very worthwhile journey.  I know that these drugs have definite physical symptoms/withdrawals.  I also believe that our minds and thought patterns play a huge part in how our body feels.  Where the mind goes, the body follows.  Today, I choose to be grateful for the journey & for how in tune my mind is to my body... ;) Now, to keep turning those negative thoughts into positive ones!

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, bromor said:

Down to 2 mg.  Getting SO close

So awesome, B!  Don't let yourself fall into the trap of thinking you are close because of the number.  Remember the occupancy charts.  You need to have a careful taper from 2mg to avoid problems.  That can take a while but harm reduction is the key.

9 minutes ago, bromor said:

This has been a hard yet very worthwhile journey.  I know that these drugs have definite physical symptoms/withdrawals.  I also believe that our minds and thought patterns play a huge part in how our body feels. 

You have done SO incredibly well in managing your way through this process.  I hope you are proud of yourself -- you should be.  

Continue with the steady approach and it will all be yours in time.

Best,

Andy

Edited by apace41

• 2 months later...

At less than 1 mg.  I'm basically melting tiny pieces in my mouth at night...because my scale can't measure them.  Had a couple of great months with no anxiety at all...

Got very sick in August/Sept with bronchitis. Tried everything natural, had to take antibiotics (Z pack) & use an inhaler.  I'm still coughing some & feel that terrible "I can't breathe/chest pressure".  Which I freely admit has ramped up my health anxiety.  I get down and feel like I've taken 5 giant steps back.  BUT. I just refuse to accept that.  I know anxiety causes chest pressure/pain & coughing (yes, I've had EKG, echo & 24 hr heart monitor - nothing wrong!).   I'm using EFT & Dare.... and just trying to accept and float through these wonderful sensations.

When I was at the doctor's, the nurse asked me about the Zoloft (I still show at 25 mg on their system).  I told her I was still tapering.  She shared with me how she cold turkey'd off of a benzo...and lost a year of her life! She couldn't work ect.  But, she healed...obviously since she was working! It was so comforting and helpful to share with someone who has experienced that terrible chemical anxiety/panic.  She mentioned that what helped her was this website.  I felt like it was a little God smile to encourage me that day.

So, all in all, I've come a long way from Feb 2014 when I first experienced withdrawal symptoms.  I'm on the tail end of this taper... will probably get off for good after the holidays. 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 minutes ago, bromor said:

At less than 1 mg.

Wow, B!  Proud of you (and a little jealous).

You are doing great.  Almost there and then just a little more time to heal.

Best,

Andy

31 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Proud of you (and a little jealous).

And look at you ~ how far you've come! You're amazing.

2 years since I discovered this site... and started my final descent from a whole 9 mg of Zoloft & 2 or was it 3 mg of Buspar. 

I know I've said it before...but I'm saying it again....

THANK YOU!! thank you to people like you, Andy, who are supportive and caring while fighting your own battles.

This website helped me to realize I wasn't crazy ~ that it was what Zoloft/Trazadone/Xanax did to me. 

Onward & upward :) 

Hi Bromor--  Those little tiny doses are such a pain to measure.  I use to weigh out the smallest amount possible and then visually divide it into little piles to get the smaller doses.  It ended up being more trouble than it was worth so I just stopped.  Get down as far as you can before jumping off, but when everything tells you do do it, go for it.  I'm so excited that you're in the home stretch.

I can really relate to the chest problems.  I picked up something in China last March that got into my lungs.  Just got the all clear from the doctor last week.  He said that it will take several more months for the last of the inflammation to clear up, but other wise things are alright.  My favorite cough medicine is a strong tea made with the herb Thyme.  Works really well at bed time.  Also breathing over a menthol cough drop while I sucked on it seemed to help relieve the tight chest thing.

Hope you feel better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I did it.  The last time I took Zoloft was the night of Oct 4th.

I had a panic attack while getting my hair done  Saturday, Oct 7th.  That sent me down a fear spiral (not going to lie!!).  I didn't want to go back on Zoloft ~ so I just tried my best to remain calm, DARE through the sensations, and to change my thinking. To know that my body has been hyper stimulated with stress of moving my daughter to college, work, being sick for so long...

I am finally feeling better after almost a week and a half.  The anxiety is starting to lift again ~ I just picture my brain cells rebuilding and healing. I can't believe I'm finally off.  I know that because I tapered & didn't cold turkey this time that my body was able to heal along the way.  I did find another website that was very  helpful to me during this last time of anxiety ~ to know that anxiety is fear based & is my body's flight or fight reaction & that I can heal from this. I've been healing from the chemical anxiety and so now it's good and right to make sure I heal from the inside out, so to speak, from the reasons why I went on Zoloft in the first place. :) 

I'll still check in from time to time ~ hope that my story can give others hope. We CAN get off the drugs, taper slowly, support yourself in everyway and allow your body to heal.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, bromor said:

I'll still check in from time to time ~ hope that my story can give others hope. We CAN get off the drugs, taper slowly, support yourself in everyway and allow your body to heal.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU, B!

You are a rock star!

Here's to it getting better and better.

Best,

Andy

Congratulations on making the jump.  Things will be a bit rocky for a while, but there are big improvements ahead.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Brass