MeAngel Prozac Withdrawal Help.

MeAngel

MeAngel...I am not a moderator as you know....I am sorry you are feeling frustrated....how are your withdrawal symptoms today?  Are you still totally off of prozac?  My bridge/reinstatement from effexor to prozac is not working.

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MeAngel

• scallywag

• JanCarol

• PatriciaVP

Top Posters In This Topic

MeAngel,

I am not a moderator, just a regular member. I don't understand what you are expecting through this site. It gives you support but it cannot do the work for you. When I came in here I was 6 months off a cold turkey of Paxil after 11 years of taking it. I was in a dark place, which I feel you are at right now. The links they posted here helped me immensely. I don't know where I would be without it. 

Your talk about government conspiracies you have totally backwards. It's the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies that have created this epidemic. This site is trying to help people live lives off the drugs. You catastrophizing about brain damage and conspiracies is doing nothing to help you right now. Since this is only an online source the situation is in your hands. If you keep acting the way you do you will only end up in some inpatient clinic on more drugs. There are plenty of threads in the success stories part of the forum about how the body and brain heals. And also ones spread out through the introductions themselves. But as I have heard Alto say before if you want to live in the mindset that your nervous system and brain won't heal, we cannot help you with that. You may want to check this link out because it shows that we do heal https://beyondmeds.com/2016/08/05/life-better/. Honestly it is up to you what you want to do. But abusing members and mods on this site is not the way to go.

Paxil 20-30mgs since 2004.

Three previous withdrawal attempts 2008,2012 and 2015 all cold turkey.

Reinstated 10mg February 20th 2016

3/20/16-9mg 4/5/16-8mg 5/5/16-7mg 5/25/16-6mg 6/25/16-5mg 8/7/16-updose to 6mg 9/7/16 5.5mg 10/10/16-5mg 11/10/16-4.5mg

One thing that helps me is to see your withdrawal process as your own personal journey. Do not internalize someone else's withdrawal as your own. 

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."  - Maya Angelou

How am I abusing by pointing out someone being rude?

If you don't know the details, it's best to keep quiet.

On Prozac (Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4 months Jan-May. Stopped cold turkey 5 weeks ago. Currently experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. No other SSRI history. First psych med experience.

Out of everything I wrote, that is what you took out of my message. All I can say is I am sorry where you are at right now. 

Paxil 20-30mgs since 2004.

Three previous withdrawal attempts 2008,2012 and 2015 all cold turkey.

Reinstated 10mg February 20th 2016

3/20/16-9mg 4/5/16-8mg 5/5/16-7mg 5/25/16-6mg 6/25/16-5mg 8/7/16-updose to 6mg 9/7/16 5.5mg 10/10/16-5mg 11/10/16-4.5mg

One thing that helps me is to see your withdrawal process as your own personal journey. Do not internalize someone else's withdrawal as your own. 

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."  - Maya Angelou

• Moderator Emeritus

MeAngel, I'm locking this thread for now, as all of our members are in sensitive and vulnerable states, and your posting has caused enough concern.