Manu: questions about tianeptine

Manu

Is anyone taking tianeptine here , want to know about this medicine.

Depression + Anxiety + Panic Attacks + Hypothriodism

I was on Paroxetine 37.5 mg  +Dosulepin 150mg +Clonazepam 1mg ( a day) since 2005 

Replaced Dusulepin to Fluoxetine since 2011

Tianeptine 12.5mg Mor and Eve + Dosulepin 50mg Mor + Eve + Desvenlafaxine extended release from 2016-18 ( Sideffects Fasculation,Twitching)

Started ( escitaloprám 20mg + Clonazepam .25mg Since 2018)

Reduced ( escitaloprám 10mg from July 2021 +Clonazepam SOS)

Suppliments : Omega3+ Magnesium + winter cherry

• Moderator Emeritus

Manu,

What dose of desvenlafaxine are you taking ?

What symptoms are you having, if any?

Links that may be helpful:
Tips for tapering off Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)
Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know.
Why taper by 10% of my dosage?.

We don't have specific topics about tianeptine or dosulepin.

Your best way to find people who have posted about either medication is to run a Google or Bing search with the name of the drug and including site:survivingantidepressants.org as a search term to get pages on this site at the top of your search results.

Please let us know how we can assist you and how you are doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 10 months later...

Manu any update...?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 3 years later...

Hi There,

I am heaving cramps near nose bone on the left side,it extends upto Glabella.

I also feel pain on my head if i press some points gentely , Is it a withdrawl symtoms of SSRI.

I also feel my surrounding  sometime unreal.

Any idea about these symtoms ?

I was on Paroxetine 37.5 mg  +Dosulepin 150mg +Clonazepam 1mg ( a day) since 2005 

Tianeptine 12.5mg Mor and Eve + Dosulepin 50mg Mor + Eve + Desvenlafaxine extended release from 2016-18 ( Sideffects Fasculation,Twitching)

Thanks for the response CC.

After 2017, i had serious sideffects of tianeptine,then my doc moved me to escitalopram 20mg + Clonazepam 0.25mg.

I am in tappering mode now, with escitalopram 10mg + Clonazepam SOS Only since July 2021.

I think i am able to achieve it with the help of Yoga,Paranayam and herbs.

I am still havinf heavyhead and picnging sensation in head sometime, fatigues is there as well.

My traget is to reduce another 5mg of escitalopram by Dec-Jan 2022.

• Moderator Emeritus

We need to know information about each of the drugs you have taken.  If we do not have the proper information it makes it very difficult for the staff to make suggestions.

For each drug we need to know:

• the name of the drug
  • the date when you started it
  • if you changed the dose, the date of the change and the new dose
  • the last dose you took of any drug that you stopped

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

@Manu, we have heard from you in years. Since then, you've gone on a different set of drugs.

It appears you reduced escitalopram from 20mg to 10mg last July? How did you feel after the reduction?

If you got withdrawal symptoms, did you talk to your doctor about them?  Did you talk to your doctor about these symptoms:

3 hours ago, Manu said:

Hi There,

I am heaving cramps near nose bone on the left side,it extends upto Glabella.

I also feel pain on my head if i press some points gentely , Is it a withdrawl symtoms of SSRI.

I also feel my surrounding  sometime unreal.

Any idea about these symtoms ?

Why do you think these are withdrawal symptoms, 3 months later? You might have a sinus infection or other medical problem. This is only a peer support site, we cannot diagnose your pains from afar.

If you've already gotten withdrawal symptoms from reducing from 20mg to 10mg, your proposed reduction from 10mg to 5mg is too fast. See Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

18 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

We need to know information about each of the drugs you have taken.  If we do not have the proper information it makes it very difficult for the staff to make suggestions.

For each drug we need to know:

• the name of the drug
  • the date when you started it
  • if you changed the dose, the date of the change and the new dose
  • the last dose you took of any drug that you stopped

Hi Chessiecat,

Here are the details below.

I was on Paroxetine 37.5 mg  +Dosulepin 150mg +Clonazepam 1mg ( a day) since 2005 -2011

Replaced Paroxetine 37.5 mg +Dusulepin to Fluoxetine 40mg since 2011-2016

Tianeptine 12.5mg Mor and Eve + Dosulepin 50mg Mor + Eve + Desvenlafaxine extended release from 2016-18 ( Sideffects Fasculation,Twitching) 2016-2018

Started ( escitaloprám 20mg + Clonazepam .25mg Since 2018)Stopped Clonazepam March 2021

Reduced ( escitaloprám 10mg from July 2021 +Clonazepam SOS) 

Thanks

Manu

Hi Altostar

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@Manu, we have heard from you in years. Since then, you've gone on a different set of drugs.

It appears you reduced escitalopram from 20mg to 10mg last July? How did you feel after the reduction?

If you got withdrawal symptoms, did you talk to your doctor about them?  Did you talk to your doctor about these symptoms:

Why do you think these are withdrawal symptoms, 3 months later? You might have a sinus infection or other medical problem. This is only a peer support site, we cannot diagnose your pains from afar.

If you've already gotten withdrawal symptoms from reducing from 20mg to 10mg, your proposed reduction from 10mg to 5mg is too fast. See Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Hi Altosrata,

I got married in 2018 so i was busy in shaping my career and work.

It took me 5-6 months to reduce escitalopram from 20mg to 10mg last July ( March to July)

Since i was taking some herbs and doing yoga which helped me to reduce escitalopram.

It was 1st time in three year that i manage to travel alone out of city for 15 days in the July month.

But after August my stress level has increased and i feel headahce and pricking sensation in head.

I am taking Magnesium as a suplement as of now.

Any other supplement which reduces the withdrwal symptoms of SSRI?

• Administrator

We do not know of supplements that will compensate for tapering too fast. How did you decrease from 20mg to 10mg?

Your were taking clonazepam every day since 2018? How often are you taking it now? How did you reduce clonazepam dosage?

In your signature, please add approximate dates you started each drug.

When you went on escitalopram, did you discuss how you would go off escitalopram with the doctor?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@AltostrataI had reduuced escitalopram 10-15% per month.

clonazepam is now SOS as mentioned in the signature.

HAHA, how can you even imgaine a doctor would recommend you to take off medicine, my doctor tried to reduce escitalopram from 20mg to 15mg in one go but i did it gradually and slowly, bez i know my body.

I only issue now is the withdrawal sysmtoms like lethargy, headache and bodypains sometimes.

• Administrator

How did you decrease escitalopram? Why do you think your current symptoms are withdrawal symptoms?

@AltostrataAs mentioned above i decreased 10-15% per month. I read it somewhere, i never had these symptoms before.

• Administrator

How did you reduce clonazepam dosage from daily to SOS? When did you do this?