Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

Thank you for your feedback@Aeroman, It’s really appreciated. I work really hard to accept and not fight or react to the symptoms.Claire Weekes helped heaps.  It’s tough though, I thought year 3 would see me heal.  I do have terrible attacks of anxiety/ depression/ Suicidal Ideation. I have no motivation and of course feel that this is me for the rest of my life. Having heard your response I feel a bit better. I can do the waiting/ distraction thing, I’ve become an expert to be honest but I can’t do the pushing myself through the lack of motivation at the moment it all seems too much to contend with. I wonder what residual symptoms you live with now? P.s. no coffee. 
Take care Aeroman, Warn Regards K

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Katy398 said:

Thank you for your feedback@Aeroman, It’s really appreciated. I work really hard to accept and not fight or react to the symptoms.Claire Weekes helped heaps.  It’s tough though, I thought year 3 would see me heal.  I do have terrible attacks of anxiety/ depression/ Suicidal Ideation. I have no motivation and of course feel that this is me for the rest of my life. Having heard your response I feel a bit better. I can do the waiting/ distraction thing, I’ve become an expert to be honest but I can’t do the pushing myself through the lack of motivation at the moment it all seems too much to contend with. I wonder what residual symptoms you live with now? P.s. no coffee. 
Take care Aeroman, Warn Regards K

you're welcome.  It is tough, that is for sure.  I have been good overall but funny you ask....I drank Espresso yesterday and got a horrible panic attack.  Just riding the wave as they say.  Accept.  Accept.  Accept.  Good idea on the coffee.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

2 hours ago, Aeroman said:

you're welcome.  It is tough, that is for sure.  I have been good overall but funny you ask....I drank Espresso yesterday and got a horrible panic attack.  Just riding the wave as they say.  Accept.  Accept.  Accept.  Good idea on the coffee.

Like most things related to AD withdrawal, I have / had to learn the hard way. Dark roast coffee destroys me. I won't have any for a couple of weeks and then think I can handle it. Occasionally, I can handle one cup and then go another 2 weeks without any adverse effects. But usually, I either have more than one cup over the course of the day or days, that sends me over the edge of an anxiety cliff, or the first cup does it almost instantly. I know, stupid is as stupid does. I just really need to never touch coffee again, and be done with it.

I love reading the dialogue on this thread. Thanks for continuing to respond Aeroman and continued healing.

1999: Paxil ?? mgai (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) - stopped cold turkey
2001-03: Celexa ?? mgai (Citalopram Hydrobromide) - switched to Lexapro
2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 7, 2019-April 28, 2019: Lexapro 3.548 mgai - updosed to level out
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!
September 2, 2020: Lexapro 0.000 mgai / 0 mgpw / 100% Taper COMPLETE!

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Iowan said:

Like most things related to AD withdrawal, I have / had to learn the hard way. Dark roast coffee destroys me. I won't have any for a couple of weeks and then think I can handle it. Occasionally, I can handle one cup and then go another 2 weeks without any adverse effects. But usually, I either have more than one cup over the course of the day or days, that sends me over the edge of an anxiety cliff, or the first cup does it almost instantly. I know, stupid is as stupid does. I just really need to never touch coffee again, and be done with it.

I love reading the dialogue on this thread. Thanks for continuing to respond Aeroman and continued healing.

Yep!  I am learning the hard way.  I will remember not to do that again.  I assume dark roast coffee has a lot of caffeine?  I am not a coffee drinker for the most part, let alone, Espresso.  Yes, the same thing happens to me!  I will have some coffee here and there and I am ok.  Diet Pepsi for lunch, no big deal.  Next morning, coffee, no big deal.  But yesterday was a different story.  I think I chose the stronger of the caffeine from the little dispenser and bam!  30 min later, rush of adrenaline all over my chest and tummy.  Same here...leave the coffee for the coffee drinkers :)  you are very welcome.  I was helped a lot many years ago and I am trying to do the same.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Hi everyone. If I may chip in on the topic of anxiety, these two books helped me immensely when that was my main withdrawal symptom: Claire Weekes' book "hope and help for your nerves" which you all seem to know but also "Dare" by Barry McDonagh. The latter especially. Brilliant. Weekes' book I used to listen to on audiobook and her voice comforted me. But Barry's book is full of powerful natural tactics and ideas that really helped nip fear in the bud in the onset of an anxiety attack. Hope this is helpful 🙏

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Summer 2018: tapered down by 2.5 mg every few weeks

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

• Moderator Emeritus
14 minutes ago, SolarPlexus said:

Hi everyone. If I may chip in on the topic of anxiety, these two books helped me immensely when that was my main withdrawal symptom: Claire Weekes' book "hope and help for your nerves" which you all seem to know but also "Dare" by Barry McDonagh. The latter especially. Brilliant. Weekes' book I used to listen to on audiobook and her voice comforted me. But Barry's book is full of powerful natural tactics and ideas that really helped nip fear in the bud in the onset of an anxiety attack. Hope this is helpful 🙏

thanks!  Does anyone know where Dr. Weekes' mp3 audio recordings are at these days?  I could no longer find them online.

8 hours ago, Aeroman said:

thanks!  Does anyone know where Dr. Weekes' mp3 audio recordings are at these days?  I could no longer find them online.

I bought it on Audible

• Moderator Emeritus

There are videos of Dr Claire Weekes on YouTube.

A lot of results from search on YouTube for:  claire weeks audiobook

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

In my view, Solar, withdrawal is a process of trial and error.  You don't know what you can add back into your diet, routine, etc. until you give it a shot and see how you react.  I didn't do coffee at all for a long time.  Lots and lots of chamomile tea (which I still drink).  I tried on several occasions to add in some decaf and finally was able to do that without activation.  Then I tried adding in a little regular coffee and it wasn't great so i backed off.  A few months later I added it in again and no activation.  I worked up to a cup of "half and half" every day.  After enough time I went to a cup of regular coffee and it wasn't great so I backed down.  After enough time I was able to do a cup of regular a day.  I'm now at the point where I have one cup of regular and one cup of half and half which seems about right and I plan to stay here for the foreseeable future.  Again in my view there are no magic rules that apply (the one exception might be for alcohol in benzo withdrawal because of the overlapping effects on the GABA receptors, but, otherwise, my view is that so long as you are willing to suffer the consequences of trying something that might agitate your CNS, there is no permanent damage to your taper you are doing by trying coffee.  The fear that is creating by thinking that way is far greater than the actual physical risk.  

I'm sure others have differing views, but that's been my approach.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

There are videos of Dr Claire Weekes on YouTube.

A lot of results from search on YouTube for:  claire weeks audiobook

Thank you, that did it.  Glad they are still online (YouTube)

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, SolarPlexus said:

Random question. You all mentioned abstaining from coffee. I do drink decaf which has some caffeine. It doesn't rev me up now as it used to earlier in withdrawal. Will I still heal if I drink it or should I stop it completely? I know it's a weird question but then again withdrawal is so weird that no question seems off limits. Thought I'd ask cause I do feel it perks me up a bit (but not enough to worry me) but then afterwards I think of how shunned it is in withdrawal and wonder if I'm doing the wrong thing by drinking it. Any inputs would be great 🙏

This is a really good question.  During w/d, I was too freaked out to touch any caffeine for the mere fact I was going through insomnia.  And I was also freaked out to get another panic attack at the time.  I slowly brought in caffeine by drinking diet Pepsi and I was ok.  I did notice if I drank Diet Pepsi after 4pm, I would have trouble sleeping but no anxiety.  Then, as time went by, I would drink a little coffee...not because I wanted a pep but because I love the smell and taste.  For the most part, I was ok on coffee here and there.  What happened on Monday morning for me was very different, intense...I took a look at the Espresso machine yesterday and it appears I chose the 9 out of 10 strength option.  I didn't put much thought into it and poured it into my chocolate protein shake.  I chugged it down within 10 minutes.  About 30 min later....wow!  It wasn't just a pep but a major panic attack and it hit me without warning.  I placed fear over fear (2nd fear) and I became disconnected with my reality for a bit...I was too freaked out.  Yesterday morning, I wasn't 100% but as the day went by, I started to feel like myself again - calm.  Sleep was good too last night.  Woke up this morning ok but still have residual stuff on my chest...like adrenaline/cortisol.  Hard to explain.  I think it is like PTSD from panic attacks?  I don't know.  But I did what I was taught - face my fear, accept it.  Don't shy away from it.  

• Moderator Emeritus
29 minutes ago, apace41 said:

In my view, Solar, withdrawal is a process of trial and error.  You don't know what you can add back into your diet, routine, etc. until you give it a shot and see how you react.  I didn't do coffee at all for a long time.  Lots and lots of chamomile tea (which I still drink).  I tried on several occasions to add in some decaf and finally was able to do that without activation.  Then I tried adding in a little regular coffee and it wasn't great so i backed off.  A few months later I added it in again and no activation.  I worked up to a cup of "half and half" every day.  After enough time I went to a cup of regular coffee and it wasn't great so I backed down.  After enough time I was able to do a cup of regular a day.  I'm now at the point where I have one cup of regular and one cup of half and half which seems about right and I plan to stay here for the foreseeable future.  Again in my view there are no magic rules that apply (the one exception might be for alcohol in benzo withdrawal because of the overlapping effects on the GABA receptors, but, otherwise, my view is that so long as you are willing to suffer the consequences of trying something that might agitate your CNS, there is no permanent damage to your taper you are doing by trying coffee.  The fear that is creating by thinking that way is far greater than the actual physical risk.  

I'm sure others have differing views, but that's been my approach.

Best,

Andy

"The fear that is creating by thinking that way is far greater than the actual physical risk." - I absolutely agree here.

Hi Aeroman. I am over 5 years cold turkey now and crippling anxiety worse than it ever was. Had so much stress last few years plus the world is all weird on top. I am almost housebound with anxiety and the tension of it is causing severe physical pain where I am so afraid of how I feel.  Did you have crippling anxiety ? I try to accept it but it's with me all day every day. I can't work and this is causing even more anxiety as the financial worries are scarey now too as thought I would be healed by now. The anxiety is enough to make me jump and causing depression now too because of my limiting life. Can you help me at all ? Appreciate if you can. Have read and listened to Claire Weeks over and over but anxiety is still insane and brutal. 

Waves 

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

Citalopram for two weeks only May 2016  to June 2016, last AD taken and CT'd.

2012 to May 2016 Duloxitine 60mg. Doctor switched to Citalopram 20mg May 2016.

2 hours ago, waves12 said:

Hi Aeroman. I am over 5 years cold turkey now and crippling anxiety worse than it ever was. Had so much stress last few years plus the world is all weird on top. I am almost housebound with anxiety and the tension of it is causing severe physical pain where I am so afraid of how I feel.  Did you have crippling anxiety ? I try to accept it but it's with me all day every day. I can't work and this is causing even more anxiety as the financial worries are scarey now too as thought I would be healed by now. The anxiety is enough to make me jump and causing depression now too because of my limiting life. Can you help me at all ? Appreciate if you can. Have read and listened to Claire Weeks over and over but anxiety is still insane and brutal. 

Waves 

@waves12 try this book "Dare" by Barry McDonagh. Really helps with anxiety. All natural methods, very effective, and helps you understand what's going on during anxiety. I wish you all the best 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, waves12 said:

Waves 

HI @waves12 it sounds to me like you are going through a setback.  Similar to what I am going through at the moment. Yes, I had crippling anxiety my first year of withdrawal.  I understand you said you "try to accept" which tells me you are not doing it correctly.  I am saying this because I was/am in the same boat.  You have to fully accept it into you.  I will echo was @SolarPlexus said: get the DARE book - it follows the Dr. Claire Weekes' Method which I am a HUGE fan of.  It is an easy read.  I am actually reading it myself right now because I thought I had mastered accepting years ago but it appears I have not.  Overall, since my recovery in 2012, I have been 100% good, which includes 2-3 / per year anxiety waves followed by depression.  It has not been a big deal to me anymore because I know it "too shall pass", I "accepted that my mind was triggered by x, y, z" and "they were just thoughts".  When I would get into a funk, I would remind myself that it was "ok not to be ok" and I know tomorrow will be better.  So, my advice:  reread the Dr. Claire Weekes book (Hope and Help with your Nerves), listen to her audio on YouTube, listen to "The Anxious Truth" on YouTube, and the DARE book.  I am currently reading the DARE book and I love it.  I have been mainly reading it in the morning because mornings tend to be tougher with anxiety.   Let us know how you feel after doing what I recommended.  It takes time but you will get there.

Hi aero... I thank you very much for this hope... Did you notice any changing in personality during WD ? I became very pessimistic and my thinking is very negative.. Like anxiety from everything and all my personality changed did you go through that?  Like iam another person.. And if you gone through will I get back to my past personality?  Thanks a lot. 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

16 June, cipralex 10mg , buspar 5mg

17 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

18 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

19 June zero dose

• Moderator Emeritus
22 hours ago, arielS said:

Hi aero... I thank you very much for this hope... Did you notice any changing in personality during WD ? I became very pessimistic and my thinking is very negative.. Like anxiety from everything and all my personality changed did you go through that?  Like iam another person.. And if you gone through will I get back to my past personality?  Thanks a lot. 

You're welcome Ariel.  The only change to my personality was a growth in confidence.  Also, I became a funnier person per people around me (I beg to differ :) )  If there was any change, it was positive.  

You became very pessimistic and that is normal  Who wouldn't?  It is not like w/d is day or a week for many...it can be more and the brain/mind grows exhausted.  Mentally exhausted.  Anxiety can trigger depersonalization/derealization which can make things look foggy, disconnected, etc.  It sure can make one feel like their personality changed.  I would look up DARE (get the book on Amazon), DARE YouTube Videos, The Anxious Truth on YouTube, and read Dr. Claire Weekes.  They are all aligned with Dr. Weekes' method.  It is the method that really works!  It takes time but well worth it.

To answer your question, in my case, yes, my personality remained intact.  I was sensitized.  It does feel scary when you go through it.  You shall get passed this.  Keep us posted how you do.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:03 PM, Aeroman said:

HI @waves12 it sounds to me like you are going through a setback.  Similar to what I am going through at the moment. Yes, I had crippling anxiety my first year of withdrawal.  I understand you said you "try to accept" which tells me you are not doing it correctly.  I am saying this because I was/am in the same boat.  You have to fully accept it into you.  I will echo was @SolarPlexus said: get the DARE book - it follows the Dr. Claire Weekes' Method which I am a HUGE fan of.  It is an easy read.  I am actually reading it myself right now because I thought I had mastered accepting years ago but it appears I have not.  Overall, since my recovery in 2012, I have been 100% good, which includes 2-3 / per year anxiety waves followed by depression.  It has not been a big deal to me anymore because I know it "too shall pass", I "accepted that my mind was triggered by x, y, z" and "they were just thoughts".  When I would get into a funk, I would remind myself that it was "ok not to be ok" and I know tomorrow will be better.  So, my advice:  reread the Dr. Claire Weekes book (Hope and Help with your Nerves), listen to her audio on YouTube, listen to "The Anxious Truth" on YouTube, and the DARE book.  I am currently reading the DARE book and I love it.  I have been mainly reading it in the morning because mornings tend to be tougher with anxiety.   Let us know how you feel after doing what I recommended.  It takes time but you will get there.

Thank you for your reply and advice. 

I have all the books and audios and belong to few forums pro recovery from anxiety and see lots of members getting better with DARE and other things. 

I have 24/7 anxiety and I just don't get any better at all. My nervous system seems fried and I'm very scared of the intense symptoms cursing through my system it makes me want to jump. Maybe I'm just not going to recover due to be so isolated and alone and unable to barely live the house because of the intense symptoms. Nobody seems to understand none of my friends or family so they stay away from me as when with me I'm not present at all and detached from them and can't engage in conversation at all. What a sad life it is and not worth living just existing. Feel very broken and lost cause with little hope of ever being me again that could do and go anywhere. Sorry so negative but feel my life is over. 

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

Dear @waves12. I’m so sorry you are having such a hard time. I believe you need to find a therapist that can help you sort things out. If this is still wd, then you will heal eventually, but you might need someone to help you through this journey. (I still had severe physical symptoms at year 5 and made a full recovery, so there is no reason to give up even if this is 100% wd and beyond your control)

If there is something else going on, then there are ways to solve those problems. Self-help books are a great tool, but sometimes we need a real human being that can sit with us and help us see the solutions that we can’t see ourselves. You might need to try several different therapists until you find the right one.
   Please be kind to yourself and reach out for help. There are people out there that would love to work with you and help you through this. ❤️

Aurorax

2001 Januari-May: Paxil 20 mg
2001 Oktober-December Xanax 1 mg, 0 to 4 pills/day (no wd from quitting Xanax)
2002-2003 Paxil 20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2004 Tries to come off Paxil, reinstates after 5 months off
2005 Paxil 30 mg
2006 to end of 2007: Paxil 15-20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2007, december: Increases to 30 mg but Paxil is no longer ”working”
2008 Januari to september: Tapering from 30 mg to 10 mg.
2008 September to december: 10 mg to 5 mg
2009 Januari to end of april: 5 mg to 0 mg.
2009 march to januari 2010: Various sleeping pills: Propiomazine and Promethazine for a few days, Alimemazine on and off for months. No benzo.
2010, January until now: 100% drug free.

53 minutes ago, Aurorax said:

Dear @waves12. I’m so sorry you are having such a hard time. I believe you need to find a therapist that can help you sort things out. If this is still wd, then you will heal eventually, but you might need someone to help you through this journey. (I still had severe physical symptoms at year 5 and made a full recovery, so there is no reason to give up even if this is 100% wd and beyond your control)

If there is something else going on, then there are ways to solve those problems. Self-help books are a great tool, but sometimes we need a real human being that can sit with us and help us see the solutions that we can’t see ourselves. You might need to try several different therapists until you find the right one.
   Please be kind to yourself and reach out for help. There are people out there that would love to work with you and help you through this. ❤️

Aurorax

Thank you for reaching out and yes do need a therapist but tried so many and they just don't know how to help with the anxiety and say I need meds to be able to do the work as they feel they are just talking to the anxiety. My system is revved up so high with anxiety 10 out of 10 every waking moment. I had so much stress since WD. The last 3 years have been so bad and ongoing due estrangement of my youngest son. A living heartbreaking nightmare every day. I don't know what type of therapist to get....an anxiety expert, a grief therapist, a trauma therapist, a CBT therapist .....I just don't know. Had talk therapy for a year about my son but the anxiety was so bad all I spoke about was how bad my anxiety was. I'm so so lost. My son's baby died aged 5 months in March 2019 and now my son won't talk to me or see me. I first started falling apart during their pregnancy in summer 2018 when we knew the baby had heart problems at 22 week scan. I was off meds 2 years at that point and doing better than I am now this last 3 years so I don't think it's withdrawal so much now I just can't cope at all and am just a shell. I feel so beaten and spent. Doctors have no idea what to do and have offered no help at all nor the mental health team other than meds. 

Last AD's taken:

@waves12, I have posted an answer in your topic ❤️

Aurorax

2001 Januari-May: Paxil 20 mg
2001 Oktober-December Xanax 1 mg, 0 to 4 pills/day (no wd from quitting Xanax)
2002-2003 Paxil 20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2004 Tries to come off Paxil, reinstates after 5 months off
2005 Paxil 30 mg
2006 to end of 2007: Paxil 15-20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2007, december: Increases to 30 mg but Paxil is no longer ”working”
2008 Januari to september: Tapering from 30 mg to 10 mg.
2008 September to december: 10 mg to 5 mg
2009 Januari to end of april: 5 mg to 0 mg.
2009 march to januari 2010: Various sleeping pills: Propiomazine and Promethazine for a few days, Alimemazine on and off for months. No benzo.
2010, January until now: 100% drug free.

Hey Aeroman-  I see you’re a big believer in Claire weeks Methods anxiety.  I’m an anxious truth follower and find it very intriguing.  I’m curious did you use this with your symptoms in general?   At times I believe some of my symptoms may be anxiety driven although I definitely am dealing with WD.  There are times I try to just move forward but it seems my symptoms can get worse if I’m too active.  Just Curious if you used it just for  anxiety or for all of your symptoms.  

thanks!  

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

Zoloft  100 MG April18-april 22, 2020

Buspirone 20 mg from April 18-May 18

10 mg from May 18 - May 27 2020

Lexapro 5 mg from April 22 through May 1st

10 mg from May 1 through June 1

5 mg from June 1 though june 18

2.5 mg from June 18 through June 25

1.25 mg from June 25 through July 4 2020

Ambien -  2.5 mg  April 21 and 26 2020

Trazodone 50 mg-  3 times late April and 4 days the first week in June 2020

Supplements:  Melatonin .23 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, Fightinghard said:

Hey Aeroman-  I see you’re a big believer in Claire weeks Methods anxiety.  I’m an anxious truth follower and find it very intriguing.  I’m curious did you use this with your symptoms in general?   At times I believe some of my symptoms may be anxiety driven although I definitely am dealing with WD.  There are times I try to just move forward but it seems my symptoms can get worse if I’m too active.  Just Curious if you used it just for  anxiety or for all of your symptoms.  

thanks!  

Hello.  Yes, a HUGE believer.  DARE and the Anxious Truth both reference Dr. Claire Weekes as the pioneer in nervous illness/anxious issues.  Yes, Drew does a nice job of laying out the tips and tricks to getting through anxiety.    I did use it for my symptoms.  I let go.  I accepted and I surrendered. I still need to master the acceptance part though.  I thought I had it figured out but looks like I need to practice some more.  Withdrawal symptoms are real.  Many are physical and many are mental.  They're chemically induced from the withdrawal.  It is horrible but there is absolute hope.  What sort of symptoms get worse if you are too active? I have used it for anxiety and depression.  Actually, I have used it for almost 100% of my withdrawal journey.  After seeing zillions of doctors after getting off Lexapro, I finally flew my white flag of surrender.  I let time pass.  I forced myself to do things that my brain didn't want me to do.  For example, if the thought of visiting my parents was a colossal thought, I acknowledged the thought and acted anyway.  I hopped into my vehicle and drove off.  And guess what?  The reality was better than what my brain conjured.  I just did.  I am not the type to be in my home all day but the initial months of withdrawal I had to admit that it was OK not to be ok and let myself time pass.  Then I started by going for a walk.  Or getting out to get some sunshine.  The moment I started realizing the aroma of flowers or the beautiful sound of a chirping bird, I knew I was on the right track.  It takes TIME.  Be patient - what's the rush?  

You’re awesome!  Thanks for responding!  My symptoms seem to be slowly calming down. My most frustrating ones are I easily get overstimulated.   My legs get ‘sensitive’ if I do too much. I’m doing much better compared to a few months ago where I was in my room most of the day. Now I’m walking everyday further and further.  I’m going to different stores and places to get food.  I want to get out.  I’m ready to get moving but I just seen too sensitive.  I get amped up and I’ll get chest discomfort if I drive.  Even talking on the phone or watching tv get me.  Again, things are calming down but still tough.   I think I had akathisia with the restlessness, etc.  I get it now with short waves.   The great positive is emotionally I’m feeling better. Like I’m able to enjoy things and feel things. I’m noticing things now.  So My challenge is do I push though the ‘sensitivity’ to driving?  Tv?  Do I need to desensitize to some degree. I’m not saying I’m going to the Metallica concert next week but I mean doing more simple things and letting the symptoms be.  The sensitive things are frustrating. I used to see a bird fly by and I’d jump and fear would be there.  Now I ‘feel’ it in my head.  Sorry to ramble. Many days I feel better, do things and then I’m in a wave.  I just never know what I should do.   If this trend continues, I think these limitations will decrease and soon be less of a hindrance.   I just need to get back to work!  I can only do so many loads of laundry.  I’ve ruined enough of my wife’s shirts!  

my plan is to use the teaching on the anxious truth and approach my symptoms that way.  I’ll be smart and just start small. I had a set back in May/June and up to then I didn’t think much of driving 5 hours in a day.  Since June I don’t believe I’ve driven 5 hours total.  But yet I think I feel better than I did in May.  It’s a bizarre experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to resting respond!  All the best to you! 

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

Great info

Thank you

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/12/2021 at 4:21 PM, Fightinghard said:

You’re awesome!  Thanks for responding!  My symptoms seem to be slowly calming down. My most frustrating ones are I easily get overstimulated.   My legs get ‘sensitive’ if I do too much. I’m doing much better compared to a few months ago where I was in my room most of the day. Now I’m walking everyday further and further.  I’m going to different stores and places to get food.  I want to get out.  I’m ready to get moving but I just seen too sensitive.  I get amped up and I’ll get chest discomfort if I drive.  Even talking on the phone or watching tv get me.  Again, things are calming down but still tough.   I think I had akathisia with the restlessness, etc.  I get it now with short waves.   The great positive is emotionally I’m feeling better. Like I’m able to enjoy things and feel things. I’m noticing things now.  So My challenge is do I push though the ‘sensitivity’ to driving?  Tv?  Do I need to desensitize to some degree. I’m not saying I’m going to the Metallica concert next week but I mean doing more simple things and letting the symptoms be.  The sensitive things are frustrating. I used to see a bird fly by and I’d jump and fear would be there.  Now I ‘feel’ it in my head.  Sorry to ramble. Many days I feel better, do things and then I’m in a wave.  I just never know what I should do.   If this trend continues, I think these limitations will decrease and soon be less of a hindrance.   I just need to get back to work!  I can only do so many loads of laundry.  I’ve ruined enough of my wife’s shirts!  

my plan is to use the teaching on the anxious truth and approach my symptoms that way.  I’ll be smart and just start small. I had a set back in May/June and up to then I didn’t think much of driving 5 hours in a day.  Since June I don’t believe I’ve driven 5 hours total.  But yet I think I feel better than I did in May.  It’s a bizarre experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to resting respond!  All the best to you! 

Yes, you just do it.  Drive.  Maybe start a little and then work it up by going farther?  You need to completely desensitize by accepting 100%. I love Metallica btw, haha.  Yes, let the symptoms be.  Thanks, all the best to you too.

Thanks!  I’ll get to it!  One more question though.  When did your mornings get better?  My sleep seems to be getting deeper and I’m having longer continuous stretches more often where I’m now about 5:30-6 hours with occasional 7 in there.  Usually I wake up and I can dose off fire either 1-2 hours. But I wake up feeling bad.  I’ve had a few decent mornings in the last month or so Abe generally they are less intense but it seems like the better I sleep and more I sleep I feel worse.  I’m guessing my body will adjust to more sleep. I still try to sleep even knowing I’ll feel worse most days.  I think it has to be healing.  Anyway did your morning get better after a few years?  How long?  I know we’re different.  I’m just Curious if during your Anhedonia phase your mornings were still hard. I won’t bug you anymore!  Thanks man!  

• Moderator Emeritus
37 minutes ago, Fightinghard said:

Thanks!  I’ll get to it!  One more question though.  When did your mornings get better?  My sleep seems to be getting deeper and I’m having longer continuous stretches more often where I’m now about 5:30-6 hours with occasional 7 in there.  Usually I wake up and I can dose off fire either 1-2 hours. But I wake up feeling bad.  I’ve had a few decent mornings in the last month or so Abe generally they are less intense but it seems like the better I sleep and more I sleep I feel worse.  I’m guessing my body will adjust to more sleep. I still try to sleep even knowing I’ll feel worse most days.  I think it has to be healing.  Anyway did your morning get better after a few years?  How long?  I know we’re different.  I’m just Curious if during your Anhedonia phase your mornings were still hard. I won’t bug you anymore!  Thanks man!  

I don't remember to be honest.  When we say "better mornings", we are talking about not waking up at 3am with adrenaline and racing thoughts.  Better mornings mean waking up with restful sleep instead of sleep feeling like you blink and hours went by (unrestful sleep).  I just remember my first year of w/d was HELL.  I think your hours of sleeping is pretty darn good.  I remember I went from 30min to hours of sleep and that was going the right direction.  When you wake up feeling bad, what does that mean exactly?  Depressed?  Anxious?  Both?  I believe your body will adjust to more sleep - recovery isn't linear.  Anhedonia was with me 24/7 until the end of w/d.  I started doing more in the garage and less SSRI wd website surfing.  I didn't force myself to do that - it just happened. I remember I would get relief in the evenings with anxiety and depression.  I felt more peppy.  Hard to describe.  But come next morning, I felt like someone hit a reset button in my head.  The funk was back.  It was exhausting.  No, bug me all you want.  That's why I am here for!

• 1 month later...

Hello aeroman, how are you ? 

I would like to ask you of you had habe Panic and fear attacs while being in a wave After 1,5 years ?? It was so much better, now back in horror 😭 

Thank you ! 

best regards 😊

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Kara2302 said:

Hello aeroman, how are you ? 

I would like to ask you of you had habe Panic and fear attacs while being in a wave After 1,5 years ?? It was so much better, now back in horror 😭 

Thank you ! 

best regards 😊

Hi Kara, how is it going?  I believe I did have anxiety issues 1.5 years after my last dose of Lexapro.  Recovery is not linear, comes in windows and waves.

Uffff my Wave is more intensiv every day. I have no power anymore. 😞

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I got a steroid injection on my forearm for tendonitis last Thursday.  I am wondering if this triggered my latest bout of anxiety?  It started about 2 days after the injection.  Mood is off too.

• Mentor

@Aeroman I have those shots too. Don’t know which is worse tendinitis or shot. I finally learned what helped and what inflamed elbows. Took a few years. Ice really helps.

cleavland clinic and drug watch says steroids can cause changes in mood, restlessness, nervousness etc. in folks who haven’t been through ssri wd. Is the anxiety real bad? Could your wd symptoms just be steroid side effects? 

https://www.drugwatch.com/prednisone/side-effects/

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/drugs/4812-corticosteroids

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Moderator Emeritus
51 minutes ago, Heath said:

@Aeroman I have those shots too. Don’t know which is worse tendinitis or shot. I finally learned what helped and what inflamed elbows. Took a few years. Ice really helps.

cleavland clinic and drug watch says steroids can cause changes in mood, restlessness, nervousness etc. in folks who haven’t been through ssri wd. Is the anxiety real bad? Could your wd symptoms just be steroid side effects? 

https://www.drugwatch.com/prednisone/side-effects/

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/drugs/4812-corticosteroids

thanks for the response.  I figured the steroids can do that.  The anxiety is unpleasant but I wouldn't call it really bad.  I recovered from SSRI wd back in 2011/2012 so I think this steroid injection could have been a one off episode?  " changes in mood, restlessness, nervousness" sounds about right.

• Mentor

I would agree @Aeroman. I say it’s probably normal side effects. Maybe say if it gets really bad then I might would consider it having a little to do with wd, sensitive cns. And investigate more if.

Because we don’t know nobody does. 

I have trouble knowing what’s causing what nowadays in my tapering process. 

I been through the cipro side effects too. 
take care

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed.