Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/1/2023 at 9:42 PM, Experiment1996 said:

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I read your posts yesterday, but forgot almost everything again.

1. At which month were you 100 % healed (without symptoms) from protracted withdrawal from Lexparo  ? 48 months? 

You wrote in your signature that your last dose of Lexapro was February 28, 2008 and that you were cured around 2011. 

Can you remember at which month you were healed in 2011 ? So I can calculate the months myself. No, I can't remember. 

2. At which month were you 100 % healed (without symptoms) from protracted withdrawal from Cipro ?  12  months. 

->

Numbers are very important to me as I am at month 39 and still not cured. I'd stop that...don't set up a timeline for yourself. 

If I knew your exact number, I could set a goal and hope to be healed by this month. Don't do that. 

Every success story that has lasted longer than my current number gives me motivation and hope.

Thx.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/5/2023 at 7:50 PM, Rchicken said:

@Aeroman Thank you for sharing your experience, I’m having a rough time since stopping Lexapro. I couldn’t find your full story anywhere but have been reading your response to people over time. So my story is I took 20 mg of lexapro for about 2 years then stopped quickly probably did a 2 weak tapir. I was doing okay for a month had bad stomach pain but just thought it would pass and had some sexual issues like PE so I decided to go back on Lexapro. 3 days after taking it I started having a panic attack that lasted for a weak while taking lexapro I stopped and they put me on Prozac and three days after taking it I started having the panic attacks again. So I stopped I decided I don’t want any ssri’s anymore, I’m now on month three coming on month 4. I’ve been struggling with health anxiety and some waves of depression that don’t normally last more then a day. I have been having stomach pain that has been checked by doctors and scans and is nothing and chest pain that I’ve been told isn’t related to my heart(upper left pectoral).since stopping my heart rate has also been higher then normal I don’t know if that’s from anxiety or anxiety just makes it worse, cardiologist have told me there’s nothing wrong with my heart. I was wondering if you had anything similar and how long it lasted for. Thanks 

Hello, sorry for my late response. How are you feeling now? I had a different experience with the medication that I only stuck with one and withdrew from Lexapro. What you describe was what I recall as coined as SSRI merry-go-round. That is when you get off one, start up on another, then they adjust the dosage when it's not working, on the while you are going through withdrawal and start up adverse reactions with the new medication.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/14/2023 at 7:42 PM, Hello20 said:

Hi mate, how long were you on it for and how long did it take you to be free of symptoms?

2.5 yrs, 4 yrs

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, Hello20 said:

@Rchicken I'm going  through the exact same thing. I came off on the 31st of March CT and 3 weeks later went back on to escitalopram and then about 3 weeks later changed to Fluoxetine and have been off that for about 3 weeks. Can i ask how you are currently and if you still have any symptoms? I've recently developed insomnia.

I had insomnia for about 4 to 6 months and it went away on its own

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Everyone!  I just wanted to check in with everyone who has followed my threads/posts and see how you are doing.  I have been good, just keeping busy.  Hope you all are well.

Hey Aeroman, 

Your story has been very inspiring to read through. I reference it whenever I'm having intrusive thoughts and it really helps calm me down. 

Quick question, did you suffer from Depersonalization/Derealization? And if so, when did it start getting better? 

Thanks. 

2021 September 24th-27th- Cymbalta 20mg

2021 November 5th - 8th - Cymbalta 60mg

2021 November 20th -December 15th - Effexor 37.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, minokjapa said:

Hey Aeroman, 

Your story has been very inspiring to read through. I reference it whenever I'm having intrusive thoughts and it really helps calm me down. 

Quick question, did you suffer from Depersonalization/Derealization? And if so, when did it start getting better? 

Thanks. 

Hello!  Glad to hear!  Yes, those intrusive thoughts were not good.  They will go away.  Yes, I suffered from DP/DR.  I don't recall when it went away but the good news it, it will.  I know mine took awhile but don't use my timeline as the same as yours.  TIME was the only thing that helped.

23 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

Hello!  Glad to hear!  Yes, those intrusive thoughts were not good.  They will go away.  Yes, I suffered from DP/DR.  I don't recall when it went away but the good news it, it will.  I know mine took awhile but don't use my timeline as the same as yours.  TIME was the only thing that helped.

I'm so glad to hear that. I'm about 1 year and 8 months off drugs and still suffering pretty severe DP/DR. But stories like yours keep me going. Knowing I'll recover. 

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone. Recovery stories are so important. 

2021 September 24th-27th- Cymbalta 20mg

2021 November 5th - 8th - Cymbalta 60mg

2021 November 20th -December 15th - Effexor 37.5mg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 2:47 AM, Aeroman said:

Hi Aeroman- off one horror show and more sensible taper on the next which I'm learning! 

Thanks for a great positive story. You are a fella that hit home to me in relation to your partner. 

I'm having ups and downs and expected horrid anxiety and one of these links to keeping my relationship and guilt with my partner. I'm still months off finish but the rollercoaster is hard for my partner. How did you do this at the worst times and how can I help them be happy while I work through this? 

Cheers

Blessed

lockquote widget

Cipramil 2010-2023 current taper

Mirtazapine 8/2022- 12/2022 rapid bad effects

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, Aeroman said:

I spoke a lot to God and I asked Him to not let me go.

Thank you, Aeroman.  I’m in a Lexapro taper now and I read all 18 pages of this thread, holding on to words of encouragement like precious stones.  This hit me the hardest.  Sometimes I feel like God has forgotten who I am.  Thank you for your reassurance that withdrawal isn’t a permanent hell.  I need to hear that now.

2002-2020 fluoxetine 20-60mgs

2020-2022 fluoxetine 20mg

Jun 13, 2023-July 18, 2023 Wellbutrin 150mg; Jun 13, 2023-August 19, 2023 Buspirone 7.5mg

Jan 20, 2023-May 15, 2023 Vraylar (cariprazine) 1.5mg

May 15, 2023 cold-turkey stop of Vraylar on prescriber’s advice.  Awful 2+ month w/d

November 26, 2022 Lexapro 10mg; July 18, 2023 Lexapro 7.5mg; August 5, 2023 Lexapro 5mg; September 12, 2023 Lexapro 3.5mg; October 20, 2023 3.0ml (switch to liquid); November 9, 2023 2.7ml; November 29, 2023 2.4ml

• 3 months later...

Hi Aeroman,

I hope you are well and congratulations on your recovery a very well done to you for persevering 👏.

I’d like to ask you a question if I may. Did you experience muscles tightness, jerks and tremors?

I have all of these although they seem to be diminishing slowly.

💕

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Giuly88 said:

Hi Aeroman,

I hope you are well and congratulations on your recovery a very well done to you for persevering 👏.

I’d like to ask you a question if I may. Did you experience muscles tightness, jerks and tremors?

I have all of these although they seem to be diminishing slowly.

💕

Hello and thank you. Yes I did. Especially in my legs. It resolved itself over time. 

1 minute ago, Aeroman said:

Hello and thank you. Yes I did. Especially in my legs. It resolved itself over time. 

Thank you Aeroman ❤️😊

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, Giuly88 said:

Thank you Aeroman ❤️😊

You're welcome! Yeah, all of my issues resolved over time. I tried supplements but nothing seemed to work. Just time. You got this. 

36 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

You're welcome! Yeah, all of my issues resolved over time. I tried supplements but nothing seemed to work. Just time. You got this. 

Thank you again Aeroman for your support. I know supplements are tricky. I myself tried both magnesium and fish oil and not only did they not seem to be doing anything but instead ramped up my symptoms.

Nature repairs without interference and so I’m, like you did, allowing natural undisturbed healing  to occur.

Hope you have a good day. Here in the UK it’s a gloriously sunny today ☀️

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Giuly88 said:

Thank you again Aeroman for your support. I know supplements are tricky. I myself tried both magnesium and fish oil and not only did they not seem to be doing anything but instead ramped up my symptoms.

Nature repairs without interference and so I’m, like you did, allowing natural undisturbed healing  to occur.

Hope you have a good day. Here in the UK it’s a gloriously sunny today ☀️

Thank you, I hope you have a great day too especially with the Sun out! It is supposed to rain over here throughout the weekend LOL. The same thing happened to me with magnesium. It just made things worse and I got so frustrated I just put everything away and just did my best to hang on for the ride. I remember watching a lot of movies that were funny and watching things that were neutral so it didn't trigger my anxiety or make my depression worse post Lexapro. But as I learned from the doctor Claire week's method, with anxiety, you want to welcome it and pretty much give it a big hug. She teaches us to face it and accept it and let time pass and it really works when one practices it over and over and over. Looking back, I feel like my brain just had enough and put a big white flag of surrender and just said whatever, just let it be and let time pass. Withdrawal was on my mind everyday for many many months. The moment I knew I was healed was when I was focusing on my car project and reading more about car restoration then how to survive SSRI withdrawal. I had a group of online friends that I would keep in touch with almost every day and check in. We would all validate ourselves that this was temporary and we were just going through an episode of brain stuff because of the effects of antidepressants. I would have never have guessed that getting off Lexapro was going to be a nightmare for me. I know friends that got off their medication and nothing happened to them but the majority of people I know, do go through something for a while. I did a lot of walking to burn off the energy that was used for my anxiety issues and at the end I think it helped me sleep. I just let it be, I couldn't speed up the clock so I decided to make use of it by watching good comedy and reading stuff that was of value. I lived on the forums reading up on withdrawal and reading success stories and that helped a lot. At the end of the day, I believe we all shall heal on our own timeline. Everybody's story is different but the pattern of behavior is almost predictable across the board. I get a lot of messages asking for hope about healing and I say the same thing, keep in touch and ask as many questions as you want and I will keep reminding you that you will be okay. But not only will you be your 100% normal, you will come out even stronger after going through an ordeal like this. You will put things in better perspective about life situations that otherwise would have triggered you. I'm here if you guys want an ear to listen to. Be well.

25 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

Thank you, I hope you have a great day too especially with the Sun out! It is supposed to rain over here throughout the weekend LOL. The same thing happened to me with magnesium. It just made things worse and I got so frustrated I just put everything away and just did my best to hang on for the ride. I remember watching a lot of movies that were funny and watching things that were neutral so it didn't trigger my anxiety or make my depression worse post Lexapro. But as I learned from the doctor Claire week's method, with anxiety, you want to welcome it and pretty much give it a big hug. She teaches us to face it and accept it and let time pass and it really works when one practices it over and over and over. Looking back, I feel like my brain just had enough and put a big white flag of surrender and just said whatever, just let it be and let time pass. Withdrawal was on my mind everyday for many many months. The moment I knew I was healed was when I was focusing on my car project and reading more about car restoration then how to survive SSRI withdrawal. I had a group of online friends that I would keep in touch with almost every day and check in. We would all validate ourselves that this was temporary and we were just going through an episode of brain stuff because of the effects of antidepressants. I would have never have guessed that getting off Lexapro was going to be a nightmare for me. I know friends that got off their medication and nothing happened to them but the majority of people I know, do go through something for a while. I did a lot of walking to burn off the energy that was used for my anxiety issues and at the end I think it helped me sleep. I just let it be, I couldn't speed up the clock so I decided to make use of it by watching good comedy and reading stuff that was of value. I lived on the forums reading up on withdrawal and reading success stories and that helped a lot. At the end of the day, I believe we all shall heal on our own timeline. Everybody's story is different but the pattern of behavior is almost predictable across the board. I get a lot of messages asking for hope about healing and I say the same thing, keep in touch and ask as many questions as you want and I will keep reminding you that you will be okay. But not only will you be your 100% normal, you will come out even stronger after going through an ordeal like this. You will put things in better perspective about life situations that otherwise would have triggered you. I'm here if you guys want an ear to listen to. Be well.

You are such a lovely guy with a big heart 💔 thank you so much.

I wish you all the best to you and your family.

Giuly88

• 1 month later...

Your story (and others) keep me positive. I’m an ADR from one pill bupropion. Did you lose hunger/thirst cues and then not know when real hungry or full? I didn’t eat much the first couple months I was numb and lost a lot, then now it seems as if I even eat a piece of lettuce I gain 10 pounds. Metabolism non existent. 

And the man parts, and I know you answered everything works fine again, but was it overnight? Windows/waves? Gradual? 

Thank you so much. 

May 8, 2023

One pill Bupropion sr 150mg

That’s it.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Onepillbupropion said:

Your story (and others) keep me positive. I’m an ADR from one pill bupropion. Did you lose hunger/thirst cues and then not know when real hungry or full? I didn’t eat much the first couple months I was numb and lost a lot, then now it seems as if I even eat a piece of lettuce I gain 10 pounds. Metabolism non existent. 

And the man parts, and I know you answered everything works fine again, but was it overnight? Windows/waves? Gradual? 

Thank you so much. 

Hello. I lost appetite for a while after my last dose of Lexapro. It took a few months to get it back. I was also nauseous a lot so I barely ate. Yes, man parts came back. For me, it took a long time. But it came back. 

13 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

Hello. I lost appetite for a while after my last dose of Lexapro. It took a few months to get it back. I was also nauseous a lot so I barely ate. Yes, man parts came back. For me, it took a long time. But it came back. 

Thank you. Can’t quantify. Your story is very helpful to me, and others I’m sure. Thank you. 

May 8, 2023

That’s it.

• Moderator Emeritus
39 minutes ago, Onepillbupropion said:

Thank you. Can’t quantify. Your story is very helpful to me, and others I’m sure. Thank you. 

Thanks for your message. Ask away. You'll get better! Takes time. 

Hello, I have 2 questions. @Aeroman

1. did you ever suffer from POTS? (Heart racing, dizzy etc when standing up)

2. Did you have inner akathisia & did it go away? (mental torment, intrusive thoughts that aren’t yours, inner vibrations, terror, extreme fear & anxiety) 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Hello, I have 2 questions. @Aeroman

1. did you ever suffer from POTS? (Heart racing, dizzy etc when standing up)

2. Did you have inner akathisia & did it go away? (mental torment, intrusive thoughts that aren’t yours, inner vibrations, terror, extreme fear & anxiety) 

Yes to both. They both went away over time. I tried all sorts of different supplements and nothing worked for me except time. I would say the inner akathisia was one of my worst symptoms ever. 

1 minute ago, Aeroman said:

Yes to both. They both went away over time. I tried all sorts of different supplements and nothing worked for me except time. I would say the inner akathisia was one of my worst symptoms ever. 

@Aeroman does body vibrate internaly in akathisia???

Does akathisia and restlessness both are same??? 

Can you share your symptoms of akathisia??

. 2018  took prozac olanzapine for only 3 months . 

2021 took paxil  12.5mg and xanax for year.2023 in july took prozac 25mg and olanzapine 3mg for only 3 days cause akathisia . july 2023 took sertalline 100mg  and olanzapine 2.5mg for a month cause ocd and akathisia . august 2023 took lexapro 5mg only for 2 days cz extreme akathisia .August 2023 took paxil Cr 12.5mg cause agitation  and kolonopin 0.5mgoctober 2023 cut pill haf6.25mg .December 2023 cut 1/4 (3.125mg) coated pill as per psy advice.last December quit cold turkey after 7 days then reinstate(3.125mg).January 2024 contine 3.1mg paxil cr .january 5 -2024 as per psy took pill 3.125mg at other day(skiping days)  for 15dJanuary 20-2024 skiping dose at gap of two days . feb 5-2024 1/4 of paxil cr 3.125 and kolonopin continue 0.5mg also taking pregabalin 100mg from September 2023 till now 

10-feb-2024: switch to home-made 1ml paxil solution. +0.5mg k+100mg pregabalin 

Akathisia, depression, anxiety,throat choking, extreme fear,physical pains.  

• Moderator Emeritus
35 minutes ago, Belajazi said:

@Aeroman does body vibrate internaly in akathisia???

Does akathisia and restlessness both are same??? 

Can you share your symptoms of akathisia??

No, no vibration for me. It was inner restlessness on a whole different level for me. Anxiety at its worst 

34 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

No, no vibration for me. It was inner restlessness on a whole different level for me. Anxiety at its worst 

@Aeroman Thanks alot.

I was really confused between Internal akathisia and restlessness. 

2021 took paxil  12.5mg and xanax for year.2023 in july took prozac 25mg and olanzapine 3mg for only 3 days cause akathisia . july 2023 took sertalline 100mg  and olanzapine 2.5mg for a month cause ocd and akathisia . august 2023 took lexapro 5mg only for 2 days cz extreme akathisia .August 2023 took paxil Cr 12.5mg cause agitation  and kolonopin 0.5mgoctober 2023 cut pill haf6.25mg .December 2023 cut 1/4 (3.125mg) coated pill as per psy advice.last December quit cold turkey after 7 days then reinstate(3.125mg).January 2024 contine 3.1mg paxil cr .january 5 -2024 as per psy took pill 3.125mg at other day(skiping days)  for 15dJanuary 20-2024 skiping dose at gap of two days . feb 5-2024 1/4 of paxil cr 3.125 and kolonopin continue 0.5mg also taking pregabalin 100mg from September 2023 till now 

On 2/27/2024 at 11:47 AM, Aeroman said:

Thanks for your message. Ask away. You'll get better! Takes time. 

Loose skin? Minimal sensitivity when touched? 

May 8, 2023

That’s it.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Onepillbupropion said:

Loose skin? Minimal sensitivity when touched? 

Nope

@Aeroman how long you have had akathisia??? 

Had you have akathisia during tapering or after weaning off medicine?? 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Belajazi said:

@Aeroman how long you have had akathisia??? 

Had you have akathisia during tapering or after weaning off medicine?? 

A few months. It was awhile on and off. I was very sensitized. I didn't really taper. More like a cold turkey. Happened about 4 or 5 months post last Lexapro dose. 

6 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

A few months. It was awhile on and off. I was very sensitized. I didn't really taper. More like a cold turkey. Happened about 4 or 5 months post last Lexapro dose. 

@Aeroman Thank you so much.You humbly respond to everyone.

Your story is very helpfull for us .

May GOD bless you with happiness 

• Moderator Emeritus
56 minutes ago, Belajazi said:

@Aeroman Thank you so much.You humbly respond to everyone.

Your story is very helpfull for us .

May GOD bless you with happiness 

Thank you. Hang in there. That's what I was told even at my worst days. I was literally down on my knees during SSRI Withdrawal. It's not forever...it will pass! I was told over and over again that I'd get better, even though I didn't believe it. And they were right. For me, it just took time. The hardest part was trying to explain my issues with someone that hadn't gone through it before. Someone needs to write a book on this! 

46 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

The hardest part was trying to explain my issues with someone that hadn't gone through it before. Someone needs to write a book on this! 

@Aeroman you said right, my family totally unaware of withdrawals /akathisia.i can't explain them what torment i am going through. 

• Moderator Emeritus
35 minutes ago, Belajazi said:

@Aeroman you said right, my family totally unaware of withdrawals /akathisia.i can't explain them what torment i am going through. 

I understand. Don't focus too much on convincing people anything. You're the one going through it. We understand. You'll get through this. 

Was there anything that helped your depersonalization/lack of positive emotions other than time?

• 2011 (age 10) - 2019 100mg Sertraline then cold turkey'd. Took it very sporadically. 
  • June 2021 - July 2022 50mg Sertraline then cold turkey'd again

• Moderator Emeritus
33 minutes ago, princefan777 said:

Was there anything that helped your depersonalization/lack of positive emotions other than time?

No. Maybe watching movies/comedies to pass time. I'd tell people that I felt like I was in a waiting room waiting for my name to be called to get out of the funk/withdrawal.