sarah82a

sarah82a

Hi. This is Marsha on behalf of Casey. Casey has tapered from 40 mgs of citalopram to 25.07 mgs. His doctor prescribed 60 20 mg tablets. He is going to take one 20 mg tablet and make up the rest as a liquid. To get the 5.07 mgs would I dissolve a 20 mg tablet in 20 ml water and then draw up 5 ml of liquid? I have 3ml syringes.

Hello dear. I have been on Sertraline and Chlordiazepoxide 5 for a year now. I am writing from Iran (far from you) so I can't have access to your doctors or any suggested clinics. my problem is I want to taper but the psychiatrist who prescribed that is unwilling to help me taper so I did not go to his office any more and I am googling how to taper chlordiazepoxide 5. I also wrote to dear professor Heather Ashton and I was directed very kindly and patiently to a great page written by her. that is a lengthy page. I will read it but please if you can help me with any suggestions how to taper chlordiaz5, tell me that. ok? I have tried during the past three months to reduce my sertraline intake from 25 down to near zero. I am willing to reduce the intake of chlordiazepoxide but I fear so much from withdrawal symptoms. I also don't know how to make solutions. so I have bought clordiazepoxide 10 mg (instead of my own 5 mg) and cut it to quarters (which equals nearly 2.5 mg). am I doing right? please help me if you know how. ok? there are no one around to help me.

I really need help. my psychiatrist did not help me taper. he dis not give instructions and when I asked for help to taper he doubled the chlordiazepoxide dosage up to 10 mg. though he said two things: 1) you should taper chlordiaz at least three months after sertraline taper and 2) to taper chlordiazepoxide is a very difficult job. he refused to comment any more. People if you hear me pls help me. I really need it. ok? there are also so many ppl in dire need for help at this page

https://www.madinamerica.com/2012/10/theres-no-duct-tape-for-benzo-withdrawal/

there are some men and women who really need your help on withdrawal. pls tell them if you know. ok? thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

sarah82a: -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine medication.  Have you checked out the website, Benzo Buddies?

Also, you may wish to post in the Members-only benzo forum on this site.

There is information in this topic, Ashton and beyond in benzo tapering, from a doctor who developed safe ways to taper off drugs like chlordiazepoxide.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet