☼ bruno2016: Hello everyone, off Celexa

bruno2016

So encouraging ....so glad that you are doing well. I also came off Effexor very fast and it was a huge mistake. Thank you for coming back to share this 

it is so important that people do.....Alll the very best to you and congratulations ! 

Bruin

Anti Depressants for  25 years. Valium between 2006 to 7 tapered off over a month without too bad withdrawals.

For last 15 years 150 mg of Effexor and 30 mg of Mirtazapine. Occasional short term benzo use without habituation.

March 2015 stopped Effexor after rapid taper. 6 weeks. 

One month fluoxetine June 2015...stopped CT July 2015.

October 2013 to December 2015 Zopiclone 15 mg at night,

Dec 2015 to Early March 2016 Lyrica 75 mg at night. 

Stopped too quickly as  adverse side effects.

January to May 2016 tapered Zopiclone to 7.5mg 

Crossed over to Valium and now ..March 28th 2017 Benzo Free.

Also on 30 mg Mirtazapine and holding until have finished Benzo taper.

IN protracted WD from Effexor.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruno2016

• Altostrata

• spectio

• Petunia

Well done i went off effexor on a longer taper but jumped from 28mg to nothing. Great to hear you are doing so well.

I am off all meds 16 months I had been on olanzapine, Effexor zanex and assorted sleeping meds for approx 2 years.

Weaned off 375 mg effexor over two years, I had previously come off xanax, rivotrill and olazapine. Reinstated 75mg of effexor on the 22/12/16

Thanks for the update Bruno (I remember you) and glad to hear that your life is on track. Like you, I am 5 years off and functioning quite well (such a relief after living through the horror of acute WD). Also like you I still have what I call 'residual issues' ........ especially low stress tolerance ......... but I am grateful to be living life and who knows ....... these 'issues' may improve in time. Best wishes for your future life!

• 11 months later...

hello,

just to let everyone know I am now roughly 6 years off. Life has really improved so always remember that. I have done many things post srri (I was on ssri's for nearly 8 years and went COLD turkey). I am now about to complete an LMT school/course, am a Fitness Trainer, have a girlfriend, and also have another full time job. Life has been really good. I still travel (road trips, backpacking abroad, etc) and have many great things since being off SSRI's.

I would say I am about 85% fully recovered. The only things that remain are a sensitive ANS (but I had anxiety prior), some lingering fatigue, burn out easily sometimes, and a sensitivity to various foods so I must eat super healthy and clean (primal diet)...I must be careful with getting too stressed but I suppose that's with everyone.

I used another name before and you can read all my old posts (was under the name zepp2011). I haven't been here in a long time but felt it was a good time to say hi and give some encouragement to you all. If anyone needs a friend here in texas or anywhere else, I am here for you! Take care!

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

• Administrator

Hi, bruno. Good to see you again, and it's really good to hear you're doing well.

I've merged your old Introductions topics with your new one. Only one Intro topic to a customer. :) Please put your updates in this topic.

Now we can see your whole saga!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

Hi, bruno. Good to see you again, and it's really good to hear you're doing well.

I've merged your old Introductions topics with your new one. Only one Intro topic to a customer. :) Please put your updates in this topic.

hello, do you remember me? i was called zepp way back when. I was one of the first people here. Boy time flies. Glad this site is still around. 

Glad to hear you are doing well!!

I too eat a primal diet.  Except, I'm a bit more lenient.  I can tolerate fruit and nuts.  But yes... eating a high fat diet has really improved my symptoms.  Glad to hear the same for you!

Good luck!

Early 2000s: 4 years Paxil (CT).    Mid 2000s: 4 years Lexapro (CT).  6 years on Wellbutrin XL 150. 2012-2017.

Mar 26 2017. Began Wellbutrin XL 150 taper : Mar 31 2017. Wellbutrin IR 75mg : Apr 7 2017. Wellbutrin IR 65mg

Apr 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 56mg : May 30 2017. Wellbutrin IR 37.5mg : Aug 14 2017. Wellbutrin IR 28.125mg : Sep 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 26.5mg  Sep 13 2017. Wellbutrin IR 25.4mg : Sep 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 24mg : Sep 20 2017. Wellbutrin IR 23.2mg : Sep 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 22.4mg 

Oct 3 2017. Wellbutrin IR 21.6mg : Oct 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20.8mg : Oct 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20mg : Oct 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 19.2mg

Oct 27 2017. Wellbutrin IR 18.4mg : Nov 2 2017. Wellbutrin IR 17.6mg : Nov 11 2017. Wellbutrin IR 15mg : Nov 16 2017. Wellbutrin IR 12mg

Nov 19 2017. Wellbutrin IR 9mg : Nov 23 2017. Wellbutrin IR 6mg : Nov 24 2017. Wellbutrin IR 4mg 

Nov 27 2017. 0mg.  Stopped Wellbutrin 

• Administrator

I sure do, zepp. Thanks for keeping in touch, seeing someone progress towards healing means a lot to us all.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 minutes ago, divegrl said:

Glad to hear you are doing well!!

I too eat a primal diet.  Except, I'm a bit more lenient.  I can tolerate fruit and nuts.  But yes... eating a high fat diet has really improved my symptoms.  Glad to hear the same for you!

Good luck!

i was just in oregon this past may, was my first time there. I took a class on herbalism in the southern part of oregon and really loved that area. Was super gorgeous. 

Diet has by far been the main factor in my recovery and symptom reduction. Once I changed to a primal way of eating (mainly wild fish, lots of berries, lots of veggies, some other wild meats, etc) I saw lots of improvements. I stopped getting colds, had lots more focus, and the list goes on. I literally have not been sick in YEARS. The last time i was sick was in 2014 and that was ONLY because I got some type of exotic infection while traveling in central america. I was in terrible shape but I eventually pulled through. 

On 11/4/2016 at 4:51 PM, caperjackie said:

Thanks for the update Bruno (I remember you) and glad to hear that your life is on track. Like you, I am 5 years off and functioning quite well (such a relief after living through the horror of acute WD). Also like you I still have what I call 'residual issues' ........ especially low stress tolerance ......... but I am grateful to be living life and who knows ....... these 'issues' may improve in time. Best wishes for your future life!

hey there how have you been? its been a long time

1 hour ago, bruno2016 said:

hello,

just to let everyone know I am now roughly 6 years off. Life has really improved so always remember that. I have done many things post srri (I was on ssri's for nearly 8 years and went COLD turkey). I am now about to complete an LMT school/course, am a Fitness Trainer, have a girlfriend, and also have another full time job. Life has been really good. I still travel (road trips, backpacking abroad, etc) and have many great things since being off SSRI's.

I would say I am about 85% fully recovered. The only things that remain are a sensitive ANS (but I had anxiety prior), some lingering fatigue, burn out easily sometimes, and a sensitivity to various foods so I must eat super healthy and clean (primal diet)...I must be careful with getting too stressed but I suppose that's with everyone.

I used another name before and you can read all my old posts (was under the name zepp2011). I haven't been here in a long time but felt it was a good time to say hi and give some encouragement to you all. If anyone needs a friend here in texas or anywhere else, I am here for you! Take care!

Hi,

Good to hear about you.

How long did you start noticing your life coming back ?

I am almost  2 years off CT , but living a pain with aches, fatigue, memory, anger, apathy, sleep etc.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
6 minutes ago, bhasski said:

Hi,

Good to hear about you.

How long did you start noticing your life coming back ?

I am almost  2 years off CT , but living a pain with aches, fatigue, memory, anger, apathy, sleep etc.

i suffered severely the first year. Remember, I was on AD for nearly 8 years and went off in ONE week! After a year i saw steady improvements. Around the 2-2.5 year mark (more or less) is when I really felt like i was on the road to recovery. At the three year mark is when I began doing things "normal" people do: dating, traveling, taking up new studies, etc. I believe I would have felt amazing if it wasnt for a severe infection i got while traveling in central america summer 2014; that was a HUGE set back so dont get sick lol. 

Dont forget that there are many tools to help you recover faster: i meditated whenever i could (joined a local Buddhist temple to meditate with them as well); I began eating a super clean, super healthy diet (a paleo type diet. Also lots of liver or desiccated liver); i did psycho-therapy; i went camping every few months for days at time; exercise/weight lifting; i did do acupuncture as well; I added a few supplements and still take some supplements (mainly salmon oil, pfeiffer nutrients (things like vit c, zinc, b6, magnesium, chormium) search carl pfieffer); I began fasting as well (dont go too extreme; this was once i began feeling a bit better)...there some other things as well. As you can see, some of these things are free or low cost and very safe. The most important thing to do is have FAITH. No matter how bad you feel, let this phrase always be in the back of your mind: "this bad feeling is temporary and I will continue to heal". This has nothing to do with just trying to be positive or whatever,  this phrase is rooted in fact; the human body is always on a path of healing and will do what it can to get back to a more natural, healthful state of being. 

A caveat: I personally believe in the power of nutrition for maintaining good mental health. As I have said,  I use a combination of certain vitamins and minerals to help me feel well. I have gone off this combination a few times and always end up feeling like crap so imo I think some people *may* need some things to keep them feeling well (i.e. methylation nutrients for example). Thats just me, its not to suggest everyone needs certain things I am just offering what helps keep me well in hopes you can be exposed to that knowledge. I am not going to say take xyz or do xyz. 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am doing most in my power to get better.

I am a vegetarian, so fats like cheese, oils etc  remains as option.

I am currently supplementing l glutamine, and nac with vit b ,c and d3.

But its a feeling that these efforts are going in vain as I rarely find relief.

Going to start msm.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
2 hours ago, bruno2016 said:

i was just in oregon this past may, was my first time there. I took a class on herbalism in the southern part of oregon and really loved that area. Was super gorgeous. 

Diet has by far been the main factor in my recovery and symptom reduction. Once I changed to a primal way of eating (mainly wild fish, lots of berries, lots of veggies, some other wild meats, etc) I saw lots of improvements. I stopped getting colds, had lots more focus, and the list goes on. I literally have not been sick in YEARS. The last time i was sick was in 2014 and that was ONLY because I got some type of exotic infection while traveling in central america. I was in terrible shape but I eventually pulled through. 

Hi!!

Yes Oregon is beautiful!  We call it the Pacific Wonderland!  Its funny because I actually was raised in Texas.  :)

I agree nutrition is huge, thanks for the great reminder!  I love your enthusiasm.... its contagious! 

Good luck to you my friend!

Early 2000s: 4 years Paxil (CT).    Mid 2000s: 4 years Lexapro (CT).  6 years on Wellbutrin XL 150. 2012-2017.

Mar 26 2017. Began Wellbutrin XL 150 taper : Mar 31 2017. Wellbutrin IR 75mg : Apr 7 2017. Wellbutrin IR 65mg

Apr 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 56mg : May 30 2017. Wellbutrin IR 37.5mg : Aug 14 2017. Wellbutrin IR 28.125mg : Sep 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 26.5mg  Sep 13 2017. Wellbutrin IR 25.4mg : Sep 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 24mg : Sep 20 2017. Wellbutrin IR 23.2mg : Sep 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 22.4mg 

Oct 3 2017. Wellbutrin IR 21.6mg : Oct 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20.8mg : Oct 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20mg : Oct 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 19.2mg

Oct 27 2017. Wellbutrin IR 18.4mg : Nov 2 2017. Wellbutrin IR 17.6mg : Nov 11 2017. Wellbutrin IR 15mg : Nov 16 2017. Wellbutrin IR 12mg

Nov 19 2017. Wellbutrin IR 9mg : Nov 23 2017. Wellbutrin IR 6mg : Nov 24 2017. Wellbutrin IR 4mg 

1 hour ago, divegrl said:

Hi!!

Yes Oregon is beautiful!  We call it the Pacific Wonderland!  Its funny because I actually was raised in Texas.  :)

I agree nutrition is huge, thanks for the great reminder!  I love your enthusiasm.... its contagious! 

Good luck to you my friend!

thanks so much. I am here if you ever want to chat or need a friend! 

23 hours ago, bruno2016 said:

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for stopping by to offer your words of encouragement, it means a lot to those of us that are still in the beginning stages of withdrawal. I completed my taper from Wellbutrin three months ago, and have been struggling with depression from withdrawal (I was put on Wellbutrin for anxiety and never had depression prior to taking the drug, so I know that the depressive symptoms are caused by the medication), major memory and concentration impairment, anhedonia, anxiety, and the most frustrating of all is that I don't feel like I can get any enjoyment out of life. It's awful, almost like even if I went and got a banana split and a massage at the same time I can't be happy about it. At what point in your recovery did you start feeling like yourself again, and when did you start seeing your joy in life return? I'm concerned that I will permanently be this shell of the person I used to be. I know that sounds melodramatic, but it's hard not to feel like this when that's the one area that I haven't seen any improvement in at all. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

well your depression will resolve with time. I had severe issues the first year and remember i was on for nearly 8 years and went cold turkey! As time goes on, most of your issues will either disappear completely or just reduce to where they arent bothersome. For example, I could not even hold a conversation without feeling drained and now I can talk without a problem. I was also super sensitive to any stressor--i could not handle anything; I would lose my **** so easy. All that stuff is much better. My mood is very level and I mostly feel great but i must do certain things to keep feeling well (strict diet, exercise, meditation, some supplements, etc). 

my issue was anxiety as well. That is mostly gone but i still have a sensitive fight or flight reaction---sympathetic dominance. The key to that (for me) is diet, certain nutrients (methylation stuff; zinc, b6, etc; fats/oils)...i also use some herbs from time to time. Dont under-estimate the power of meditation and getting out in nature to relax, rest, and heal. 

as mentioned in a prior post, I was very ill for the first year. People recover at different rates depending on lots of factors like the drugs used, taper, age, genetics, etc. Your recovery rate will likely differ. I began feeling well again around 2 years, then from there it got better and better. The main thing to remember is that you will heal with time and the worst symptoms are temporary. Addressing the original cause of the anxiety at some point will help keep you well and off the psych drugs forever. I am now 6 years off of psych meds and will never look back! 

12 minutes ago, bruno2016 said:

well your depression will resolve with time. I had severe issues the first year and remember i was on for nearly 8 years and went cold turkey! As time goes on, most of your issues will either disappear completely or just reduce to where they arent bothersome. For example, I could not even hold a conversation without feeling drained and now I can talk without a problem. I was also super sensitive to any stressor--i could not handle anything; I would lose my **** so easy. All that stuff is much better. My mood is very level and I mostly feel great but i must do certain things to keep feeling well (strict diet, exercise, meditation, some supplements, etc). 

my issue was anxiety as well. That is mostly gone but i still have a sensitive fight or flight reaction---sympathetic dominance. The key to that (for me) is diet, certain nutrients (methylation stuff; zinc, b6, etc; fats/oils)...i also use some herbs from time to time. Dont under-estimate the power of meditation and getting out in nature to relax, rest, and heal. 

as mentioned in a prior post, I was very ill for the first year. People recover at different rates depending on lots of factors like the drugs used, taper, age, genetics, etc. Your recovery rate will likely differ. I began feeling well again around 2 years, then from there it got better and better. The main thing to remember is that you will heal with time and the worst symptoms are temporary. Addressing the original cause of the anxiety at some point will help keep you well and off the psych drugs forever. I am now 6 years off of psych meds and will never look back! 

Thanks for the response Bruno, I really appreciate it! For me the hardest part is looking ahead and imagining a time where I feel like myself again. I totally understand that everyone is different physiologically and we all recover at different rates. I took Wellbutrin for almost two years, and I tapered over 2 months, which I know is a very short amount of time to complete a taper when I used the drug for as long as I did. I've only been totally off of the drug for 11 weeks, so I know I still have a long journey ahead of me in order to see any real signs of recovery.  I just wish there was was a ratio to calculate how long it will take me to recover completely. For example, you said that it took two years to start feeling better after taking the drug for 8 years. If I compare my situation to yours (which I understand is totally different), that would mean that I can start seeing some ease of my withdrawal symptoms around 6 months into recovery. I wish that there was more of a platform for advocating against these drugs, so that more people could avoid going through this. If I had known that this kind of withdrawal was probable when I wanted to try to stop taking the drug, I NEVER would have started them in the first place. If there is one thing that I've learned from all of this, it's that you can't put a value on doing your own research. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
5 minutes ago, Hellbutrin said:

Thanks for the response Bruno, I really appreciate it! For me the hardest part is looking ahead and imagining a time where I feel like myself again. I totally understand that everyone is different physiologically and we all recover at different rates. I took Wellbutrin for almost two years, and I tapered over 2 months, which I know is a very short amount of time to complete a taper when I used the drug for as long as I did. I've only been totally off of the drug for 11 weeks, so I know I still have a long journey ahead of me in order to see any real signs of recovery.  I just wish there was was a ratio to calculate how long it will take me to recover completely. For example, you said that it took two years to start feeling better after taking the drug for 8 years. If I compare my situation to yours (which I understand is totally different), that would mean that I can start seeing some ease of my withdrawal symptoms around 6 months into recovery. I wish that there was more of a platform for advocating against these drugs, so that more people could avoid going through this. If I had known that this kind of withdrawal was probable when I wanted to try to stop taking the drug, I NEVER would have started them in the first place. If there is one thing that I've learned from all of this, it's that you can't put a value on doing your own research. 

like i said the recovery rate really varies depending on many things. Dont get too caught up in figuring out how long it will take. Just remember that you are doing yourself a very good deed by staying off psych meds and that with time you will feel better. Life is so much better off those drugs. I would really encourage you to take it one day at a time--meditate daily, eat clean, add some supplements if called for, and let your body do its job. Have faith and you will pull through...and yes that does call for some patience. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to ☼ bruno2016: Hello everyone, off Celexa
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, bruno2016 said:

Yes thank you so much.  

Good luck to you my friend.  I hope you keep coming back to SA to spread encouragement.  

Sending joy :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Bruno

Have you ever experienced hallucinations kind of dreams?

Please reply.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• 3 months later...

Hey bruno2016,

I'm wondering if your cognitive problems reversed after stopping your medications for so long?

All the best,

Ethan

~2008: Started escitalopram (Cipralex) 10mg

~2012: Tried stopping for 3 months, eventually relapsed.

~2013-2014: escitalopram (Cipralex) 20mg, Ritalin 10mg

~2015: escitalopram (Cipralex) 10mg only

~2017: Was dosing 5-10 mg, then stopped completely cold-turkey in May 2017.

Overall, a ~9-year course of escitalopram (Cipralex/Lexapro).

• 1 year later...

Topic title:  Checking In

hello friends, I got an IM so logged in here today and figured I would post on the forum. 

In about 2 months, I will hit my 8 year mark. Holy cow i cant believe that. Im getting old too lol. I remember being on here and paxil progress years ago through acute WD and protracted WD. Boy I had many hard years. 

Where am I now? I ended up going to Massage Therapy school and pursuing Fitness Trainer education. So, I currently help people. I am also in Veterinary Tech school so will be working with animals soon. I have come a long way. The main things that keep me well are: Auto-immune Paleo/Walhs diet; daily meditation (calm app); hiking/nature; exercise; travel; nutritional supplements. I have been doing QiGong the last 6 months or so and that is some powerful stuff. Look into it. 

Life is great. Keep up the tapers and you will be drug free one day. 

With love, 

bruno2016

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi bruno, wow, what a fantastic update.

It would be really great and be an encouragement to other members if you could write your success story.

How to write your success story

Where:  success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

It would also be good if you would post an update here:  pssd-post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction

Thank you!  😊

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 month later...

@bruno2016 How are your memory/cognitive  issues now? You posted in the brain fog section.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:50 AM, bruno2016 said:

Life is great. Keep up the tapers and you will be drug free one day. 

Wonderful news.. perhaps this could be posted in “success stories”

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante
  • 1 year later...

Wow, cant believe I went off psych meds about 10 years ago (in 2011). Boy time flies. Still drug free! Sending love to everyone.