samanthaelizabeth: How do you manage to keep working while taper off

samanthaelizabeth

3 minutes ago, doxxigirl said:

Recovery is mine,  you got that right!  I am trying to not look around this site too much because I don't want to get triggered.  But I will offer support when I can, I'm just concentrating on my taper and trying to live a normal life as much as I can.  I have a long journey ahead of me.

Yep Stick to that and concentrate on your taper .don't look at anything triggering .its not just the trigger but knowing how to get out of the feelings and emotions that this would  bring up .stick to the positive aspects to the site ,symptoms and self care and recovery stories .but you seem like a caring person so its just natural you will want to help others  but not at your own cost .

Don't over do the compassion early on ,you'll need loads of this for yourself .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samanthaelizabeth

• doxxigirl

• ChessieCat

• Rosetta

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Happy2Heal said:

yes it's sad that we have to be less than honest, I pride myself on being a very honest person, but in this case, my HEALTH comes before honesty.

it has to.

I have to be careful who I tell, as well. the reactions I've gotten have not been too good.

however I have an advantage now, I"m well into recovery and my friends now see how much I've changed for the better. NOW they are very interested in the whole coming off psych drugs thing and some are looking into it for themselves

I'm so happy for you, Happy2Heal, LOL!

but for ppl I don't know well, I am still cautious. 

I posted something on my FB page and some person got all defensive, thinking that I was calling her weak for being on an AD and that she wouldn't have survived without it, blah blah blah

I tried to tell her, that was me just a few short years ago! believing the same thing! but she was determined to be offended and nothing I said go past that.  She was trying to tell me that I'd made her so depressed that she was now suicidal! holy sheep, all I did was post a link to the same info I just put in your thread!  Well maybe it's her AD that is making her suicidal.  I have really backed-off of FB, it's all so fake, Haha Fakebook!  

so, yeh, we take care of ourselves and pray for everyone else- except those that are open to learning and finding a better way.

I believe the tide is slowly turning and more and more ppl will come to see the truth about Big Pharma etc.

it feels like it's painfully slow but I do believe it's happening.  I do believe you are correct that the tide is turning.  I see a lot of people trying to find alternative ways to beat depression and they are not falling for it any longer.  But for people like us, that got caught in this dragnet, we are the ones that are left to figure it out for ourselves without any support from the medical establishment.  I pray I come out of this unscathed.  That is probably asking too much, but if I can function without this crap.  I will be happy.:P

2004-present  Zoloft  (Sertraline) 200mg 03/13/2018 (begin taper 5%) 190mg hold for 3 weeks

1983-present-Nicotine (pack a day) Seriously need to quit!

"What is the slope of the line?  "It's positive,' 'And what does that mean?  'It means we make progress everyday'

Sorry HTH and DG I apologies if I hijacked the conversation .

Oh yes the dreaded defensiveness  ,would you believe ,I don't even have an account ,how strange am I lol. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Just now, powerback said:

Sorry HTH and DG I apologies if I hijacked the conversation .

Oh yes the dreaded defensiveness  ,would you believe ,I don't even have an account ,how strange am I lol. 

Oh no, you're fine.  FB sucks!

2004-present  Zoloft  (Sertraline) 200mg 03/13/2018 (begin taper 5%) 190mg hold for 3 weeks

"What is the slope of the line?  "It's positive,' 'And what does that mean?  'It means we make progress everyday'

• Mentor

oh no worries PB, you didn't hijack anything

yes FB does suck!! but I have to use it for some specific reasons and try to spend as little time there as possible

I tend to collect bits of wisdom to put on my own page primarily for my own benefit and to explain my journey off meds to those few ppl who are interested, but I need to narrow the audience that can see what I post, I can see that now.

heh, sometimes I wonder if my recovery has gone so well in part because I delight in proving that they were all wrong, I did not go fall to pieces going off the toxic chemicals, in fact, I've only gotten stronger

that's my big middle finger shoved in their face, so there!! hahaha

I get so pissed when I think about the years taken and the damage done, but I won't waste any (more) of my valuable time on that. my time is all my own now!

doxxigirl, you are going to be fine! I am sure of it. just take it slow and go easy and as PB says, take esp good care of yourself!

I am reading a book on Ayervedic healing and there's a chapter devoted to how taking care of yourself is your primary responsibility and the only true way you can care for others.

it's the whole, you can't pour from an empty cup, idea, I guess

it's nice to see that in several places, reinforces that it's ok. it's sad that we have such nervousness about being kind and good to ourselves! 

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
20 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

I posted something on my FB page and some person got all defensive, thinking that I was calling her weak for being on an AD and that she wouldn't have survived without it, blah blah blah

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I had posted an article and because of it, I found that one friend had gotten off an SSRI a few years ago through much difficulty and the help of friends.

Then, another friend posted with the attitude that I was condemning her for being on an SSRI. I had no idea she was on one. It felt pretty awkward because I didn't want to upset her but I now have very definite opinions about these "medications".

It just made me sad and even more determined to help others if I can.

I guess I'll post a disclaimer from now on when I share something like that on FB.

Another friend told me I'm just "woke". LOL!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

5 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

yes FB does suck!! but I have to use it for some specific reasons and try to spend as little time there as possible

I tend to collect bits of wisdom to put on my own page primarily for my own benefit and to explain my journey off meds to those few ppl who are interested, but I need to narrow the audience that can see what I post, I can see that now.

heh, sometimes I wonder if my recovery has gone so well in part because I delight in proving that they were all wrong, I did not go fall to pieces going off the toxic chemicals, in fact, I've only gotten stronger

that's my big middle finger shoved in their face, so there!! hahaha  Totally!  (I'm a valley girl, LOL)  This is how I feel!

I get so pissed when I think about the years taken and the damage done, but I won't waste any (more) of my valuable time on that. my time is all my own now!

doxxigirl, you are going to be fine! I am sure of it. just take it slow and go easy and as PB says, take esp good care of yourself! You are so sweet! I can't tell you how I appreciate the kindness.

I am reading a book on Ayervedic healing and there's a chapter devoted to how taking care of yourself is your primary responsibility and the only true way you can care for others.

it's the whole, you can't pour from an empty cup, idea, I guess (This sounds like a great book.  I have taken note!)

it's nice to see that in several places, reinforces that it's ok. it's sad that we have such nervousness about being kind and good to ourselves! 

It's okay to take care of ourselves.

I'm off to sit on the couch with my blanket.  It's all overcast here, so a good day to be lazy!  I will clean the kitchen shortly before my dh gets home, LOL!:P

21 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

that's my big middle finger shoved in their face, so there!! hahaha

doxxigirl, you are going to be fine! I am sure of it. just take it slow and go easy and as PB says, take esp good care of yourself!

Make sure not to  put a target on your back and especially for trolls .trolls are basically the same as narcissists  ,in a lot of hurt and wounded .they'll get   there help eventually .

this is on the same theme of clean up your own room first ,very true .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor
On 3/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, doxxigirl said:

I love doxxi's too, she is my second one and a spitfire!

Hi Doxxigirl. 

I have had dachshunds all my life.  My last one made it to 16 years. They are long livers and except for the back they tend to be hearty little dogs. I'm sure your girl is a spitfire.  Doxies do have amazing personalities and can be so strong willed. I love the breed.

You are doing your taper the right way. Congrats to you, I am impressed with your smarts. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. I think you will do just fine.  However, if you do have any issues there are many people here that can jump in and help you out.    I think the Mods are fabulous, however if a Mod isn't available, or you just want a Zoloft specific perspective please ask me.

Here's wishing you smooth sailing during your taper.

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

7 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Doxxigirl. 

I have had dachshunds all my life.  My last one made it to 16 years. They are long livers and except for the back they tend to be hearty little dogs.  . I'm sure your girl is a spitfire.  Doxies do have amazing personalities and can be so strong willed. I love the breed.

You are doing your taper the right way. Congrats to you, I am impressed with your smarts. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. I think you will do just fine.  However, if you do have any issues there are many people here that can jump in and help you out.    I think the Mods are fabulous, however if a Mod isn't available, or you just want a Zoloft specific perspective please ask me.

Here's wishing you smooth sailing during your taper.

RS

Hi Rachel.  I love Dachshunds!  My last one lived to only 13, I loved her so much and miss her!  My new little girl has a totally different personality, but I love her just the same! Thank you for the offer to assist me,  I appreciate your kindness.  I'll stop by your thread to say "hello".:wub:

Hi, Sam, Good luck.  I think you are doing the right thing to taper off slowly.  I really believe you are at a similar place as I was on 150 mg Zoloft/sertraline.  The only way out is down, but I'm really glad you know not to do it the way I did.. --Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

I had a nosebleed this morning and headache on the left side of my head.  I hope this isn't from my accidental up dose the other day??:huh: Should I still wait the entire seven days to start my taper?

Are you dehydrated?  I struggle with staying hydrated.  It's a big problem in Calif.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?  I don't think the nose bleed has anything to do with the headache but it would be a good idea to check the old BP.  With the wind and weather changes we've been having things are more than likely related to that.  Work on relaxation exercises and wait out the  entire week before doing anything.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Just now, brassmonkey said:

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?  I don't think the nose bleed has anything to do with the headache but it would be a good idea to check the old BP.  With the wind and weather changes we've been having things are more than likely related to that.  Work on relaxation exercises and wait out the  entire week before doing anything.

Thank you Brassmonkey.  My blood pressure is normal.  I probably need to drink more water than I do.

4 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Are you dehydrated?  I struggle with staying hydrated.  It's a big problem in Calif.

Thank you Rosetta.  How are you doing?  I think this is the problem.  I hate drinking water, I'm surprised my skin looks as good as it does, considering...  Have a wonderful day.:wub:

I'm so extremely tired today.  Going to take a nap!

Thanks for your sweet post on my thread.  I'm holding on and doing what I have to do.  I wish I could nap.  Once in a great while I doze off for a very short while.  That's another reason to avoid tapering too fast ( or CT ) -- losing the ability to sleep or nap.  

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

22 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Thanks for your sweet post on my thread.  I'm holding on and doing what I have to do.  I wish I could nap.  Once in a great while I doze off for a very short while.  That's another reason to avoid tapering too fast ( or CT ) -- losing the ability to sleep or nap.  

Awe you're welcome! I hope you are having a great day.:wub:

I find myself constantly thinking about this tapering process and I haven't even started yet.  How do you stop this from happening. any tips?  This process is going to take years and I can't keep thinking about it all the time.  One thing I could do is probably stop looking at this site all the time.  LOL:P

1 hour ago, doxxigirl said:

I find myself constantly thinking about this tapering process and I haven't even started yet.  How do you stop this from happening. any tips?  This process is going to take years and I can't keep thinking about it all the time.  One thing I could do is probably stop looking at this site all the time.  LOL:P

There, that solves that problem.  I just cleaned the wood floors in the Master Bedroom! I'm copying Brassmonkey and keeping myself busy and engaged in life!  Yay life!:wub:

4 more days to this:

current dose (mg) 200.000
total % reduction 5
end dose (mg) 190.000
total reduction (mg) 10.000
weekly reduction (mg) 2.5000
dose 1 197.500
dose 2 195.000
dose 3 192.500
dose 4 190.000
week 5 + 6 hold at 190.000

One thing I found to be really helpful was to think of tapering as a part of life and not the focus of life.  It's just one of those things I did when I got up in the morning. Just a part of the daily routine.  In the beginning it is a lot more in the fore front of ones thoughts, because it's something "new and exciting".  Remembering that there are more important things in life is paramount.  There will be times when symptoms are more in control of things and they have to be worked around, but avoiding doing something because it might make you feel bad is just losing out on a possible good experience. Learning how much you can push yourself will take a bit of time, but is so worth the effort.  Yes symptoms can be painful and debilitating at times, but I found that if I constantly pushed the boundaries the pain may not have changed but I was getting things done and continuing to live as best as I could.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Brassmonkey every time I read your posts I m envious of your lucidity of your posts.  I wish I had half your initiative and focus and motivation.  I get so discouraged and impatient. I am now struggling with now exploding emerging emotions from childhood trauma and the same anhedonia and chronic procrastination which made me start the meds in the first place.. but chronic procrastination and anhedonia is a very lethal combination.  

Zoloft . On 10-15 years started 100 mg last dose 200mg tapered to zero in one month.. psych dr advise Last dose:  50mg Zoloft in February 2017

5mg  Olanzipine - 1 -2 yrs last dose 5 mg in Jan 2017 told to stop within a weEk

NOTE:  had very bad withdrawal symptoms with discontinuation of Zoloft and Olanzipine.. very very seriously suicidal... 

450mg Effexor XR - started at 75mg a couple of years ago, increasing every few months until I got to 450mg

beginning in February to July 22 - 450, 300, 150, 75, 37.5 , 16.5 mg

8 hours ago, doxxigirl said:

I was much like this at the start of my taper.  Tapering consumed me for a while until the newness wore off.  Now it's just sorta there in the background.  My life is rather dull so tapering easily took top spot in my mind for a few months, lol.  Staying busy and involved has been my best way to forget about it.  I think as you get into the rythym of tapering you'll feel the same way.  

April 26th - 36.5>32.8mg Z.

Feb 4th - 40.5>36.5mg Zoloft.

Jan 5th - 45>40.5mg Zoloft.

Dec 6th - 50>45mg Zoloft.

Nov 1st - 53>50.0mg Zoloft. Sep 22/17 - 50.0>53.0mg Zoloft. Sep 18/17 - 59.0>50.0mg Zoloft.

Aug 7/17 - 65.6>59.0mg  July 18/17 - 72.9>65.6mg. June 18/17 - 81>72.9mg 

May 28/17 - 90>81mg.  May 8/17:  Started my taper. 100>90mg

1995 to May 8/17:  100mg Zoloft/day.  Working well but suspecting some signs of Tolerance this past year.

4/5/17:  Started Testosterone Replacement Therapy via T pellet insertion.  Diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism.

Supplements:  1000mg fish oil, 10,000iu Vit D3 with K2, 400mg Magnesium.

2 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

One thing I found to be really helpful was to think of tapering as a part of life and not the focus of life.  It's just one of those things I did when I got up in the morning. Just a part of the daily routine.  In the beginning it is a lot more in the fore front of ones thoughts, because it's something "new and exciting".  Remembering that there are more important things in life is paramount.  There will be times when symptoms are more in control of things and they have to be worked around, but avoiding doing something because it might make you feel bad is just losing out on a possible good experience. Learning how much you can push yourself will take a bit of time, but is so worth the effort.  Yes symptoms can be painful and debilitating at times, but I found that if I constantly pushed the boundaries the pain may not have changed but I was getting things done and continuing to live as best as I could.

Thank you Brassmomkey, I am going to model my taper after you.  This is what I want to push myself and continue to live the best life I can. You are so awesome, I just love it.  Already planning a trip to Sedona, AZ.

15 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

I was much like this at the start of my taper.  Tapering consumed me for a while until the newness wore off.  Now it's just sorta there in the background.  My life is rather dull so tapering easily took top spot in my mind for a few months, lol.  Staying busy and involved has been my best way to forget about it.  I think as you get into the rythym of tapering you'll feel the same way.  

Thank you Rob.  I am grateful for the support. Have a great night.:wub:

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

I was much like this at the start of my taper. 

Me too, it was both scary and exciting.  Like going on a mystery journey but only knowing a few details.  Learning about AD WD and tapering consumed my every thought for the first few months.  I was reading, watching and listening to everything I could because I wanted to learn so I could understand.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Me too, it was both scary and exciting.  Like going on a mystery journey but only knowing a few details.  Learning about AD WD and tapering consumed my every thought for the first few months.  I was reading, watching and listening to everything I could because I wanted to learn so I could understand.

Yes ChessieCat.  I did go out tonight and had a nice dinner. I am going to try and keep myself very busy and just go about my normal routine,  just like brassmonkey did.   I think he is a prime example of how to taper and how to not focus too much on the WD symptoms. I guess it will take practice but just like when you have a cold or something and you have to go to work anyway and you don't wallow in your symptoms.  I hope this will be the case for myself.  Kind of scared, kind of excited!:unsure::P

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, doxxigirl said:

I guess it will take practice but just like when you have a cold or something and you have to go to work anyway and you don't wallow in your symptoms

Yes it does take practice.  But it seems like you have the right idea which is a great start.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Attitude is everything Doxxie.

Yes Brassmonkey, attitude is everything.  I've decided that I'm going to start CBT counseling to deal with some unresolved anxiety/issues within myself and my family (who I don't really talk to anymore-too much stress and drama).  I want to make sure I have a solid base to start from before I start my taper. It's all going to be fine.:P

For me, there was always the satisfaction and clarity after I had planned the campaign.

It had now fully crystallised and I was actually excited about going on the mission, as it were.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

5 minutes ago, peng said:

For me, there was always the satisfaction and clarity after I had planned the campaign.

It had now fully crystallised and I was actually excited about going on the mission, as it were.

You seem like you are doing well, @peng.  You should be proud of yourself, all the way down to 62.5 mg.  I will be elated when I get to that point.  Are you still taking the Folic Acid?  I might go the doctor for some blood work.

doxxi:wub:

No folic acid in pill form taken, now.  My wife makes me a fruit puree with spinach in it.  Last bloods showed no deficiency.

As an amusing aside, I can tell you some older, urban Scotsmen like me usually had to be force fed vegetables, such was our dislike of them!

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3.