Anthony75: any help would greatly be appreciated

Anthony75

• Administrator

Do you ordinarily have a headache when you wake up? Are there changes in your symptoms compared to after you take a drug dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

6/1/2023

7 a.m. Woke up with bad stomach pains, gas pains, trapped gas, & headache 

7:30 a.m. Laid back in bed. Just not feeling well. Haven’t been sleeping well.

12 p.m. Took Paxil 50mg

12:30 p.m. Took Levothyroxine 100mcg

5 p.m. Still laying in bed with bad stomach pain, gas pains, trapped gas, & headache

5:30 p.m. Feeling dizzy 

7 p.m. Nausea 

11 p.m. Still having the same stomach issues, headache, & dizziness 

12 a.m. Took Klonopin 2mg & magnesium 

2 a.m. Went to sleep 

Felt decent mentally today. Didn’t eat today.

6/2/2023

7a Woke up with bad stomach pains, gas pains, trapped gas, headache, anxiety, dizziness, intrusive bad memories & intrusive thoughts. Feel like everything is too much and can’t focus. All I can do is lay in bed with my eyes closed to get by. 

12 p.m. Paxil 50mg

12:30 p.m. Levothyroxine 100mcg

12 a.m. Klonopin 2mg & magnesium 

12:a.m. Still in bed feeling the same. 

Bad day today. Didn’t eat today 

1993 - 2003 (Prozac 40mg)

2003 – 2/1/17 (Paxil 40mg)

4/10/18 – Present (Paxil 50mg)

1993 - Present (Klonopin 2mg) 

1996 - Present (Levothyroxine 100mcg)

2/1/17 - Quit (Paxil 40mg) Cold Turkey

2/1/17 – 10/1/17 (No Paxil) Acute withdrawal

10/1/17 – Reinstated (Paxil 40mg)

4/10/18 – Up dosed to (Paxil 50mg) 

4/10/18 - To present. Still in protracted withdrawals 

Supplements - Multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin d3, Magnesium 

@Altostrata

No. I go through periods where I have headaches a lot and for no reason they will stop and won’t have any for a week or longer. Sorry I can’t explain this better there just isn’t a pattern to the headaches. No changes in symptoms after taking my drug doses. Thank you.

• Administrator

@Anthony75 This is what was going on before you increased to 50mg Paxil.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:51 AM, Anthony75 said:

Sorry I forgot a couple things. I’m also getting brain zaps again that started about a week ago. Not constantly but a few times this week and the longest episode was a couple hours.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:18 AM, Anthony75 said:

Hi CheesieCat

Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it. Yes I take my medication every day and sometimes when I’m in bed not doing good there might be a 2 or three hour window where I take it.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, Anthony75 said:

Hi 

Yes I’m taking the Klonopin daily. I feel relief about a hour after taking the Klonopin so I don’t know if it is causing rebound anxiety. I don’t think so. As far as the Paxil it happens either way because I have missed doses before all this happened and I remember getting brain zaps so I keep that in mind when I get them.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:37 AM, Anthony75 said:

Hi Altostrata How are you? I take 2mg of Klonopin at 11pm and 40mg of Paxil at 12pm. I also take Levothyroxine 0.100mg at 12:30pm for hypothyroidism. Excessive worrying, high anxiety, Depersonalisation, insomnia, hard to get out of bed just lay there, hard to leave the house, fatigue, no appetite, weird thoughts. The symptoms are all over the place with no timeline. I tried to figure that one out before but no time pattern. Before stopping Paxil I didn’t have any of these symptoms I was doing good for years even though I have anxiety disorder. When I’m in a window all I feel is mild Depersonalisation, anxiety about the next wave, and mild worrying. I hope this makes sense. Thank you for replying.

After you increased to 50mg 4/10/18:

On 8/29/2019 at 10:12 PM, Anthony75 said:

Hello to everyone and hope all is well,

I was hoping to get some advice on my current situation.

I have had stomach problems from the beginning of withdrawals. In the beginning I would go 4 days without eating sometimes 5. Over the course of withdrawals the stomach problems have gotten better from 2 to 3 days. And usually eat something after a day or two.

About three weeks ago I was in a wave and had the usual stomach problems. But this time I was able to eat something small and not go without eating. But when I got my window the stomach problems stayed and have been constant from when I wake up till I fall asleep for the last 3 weeks. 

For the last 5 days about a half hour after taking my Paxil dose. (Taken at 12pm) My stomach problems get really bad to where all I can do is lay down. After about 4 to 5 hours my stomach problems go back to normal which still isn’t good. 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:45 PM, Anthony75 said:

@Altostrata

Hi Altostrata,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for stopping by to help. Much appreciated.

Here is my med schedule.

Levothyroxine 100mcg at 12:00pm

Paxil 50mg at 12:30pm

Klonopin 2mg 12am

I have been taking these meds at this time for at least 15 years.

I think it was a coincidence that my stomach problems got worse after taking the Paxil. It happened for 5 days and now it doesn’t. So honestly I’m not sure what is going on. This is the first time since reinstatement that this has happened. I’m going to keep a eye on it. I’m still having the same stomach problems from when I ct Paxil. Just the last month my stomach problems are constant. Not just in a wave. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

It seems to be that

1. Your history of skipped doses and inconsistent dosing may have set you up for even more severe withdrawal symptoms when you quit Paxil.

2. With Paxil, a 3-hour window in dosing might cause problems. Prior to taking 50mg Paxil, you probably were getting brain zaps from taking Paxil inconsistently. The increase to 50mg probably was unnecessary.

3. Inconsistent dosing after reinstatement may contributed to your continued symptoms.

4. It appears your stomach problems got much worse after you increased to 50mg.

It could be that you are sensitized to Paxil that 50mg, which is a hefty dose, and that is causing your current stomach problems.

Have you looked into possible organic (not drug-related) causes of your stomach problems?

@Altostrata

When I saw my doctor last month in May I told him about my stomach problems. He is a G.P. & internal medicine doctor. He did an examination and bloodwork. He believes my stomach issues are due to my anxiety. Unfortunately he doesn’t believe much about withdrawals. That’s why I never mentioned anything to him before. I’m due for a colonoscopy so I’m waiting for my referral to get approved by my insurance. So I will have that test done soon. After talking to ChessieCat no matter how bad I felt I started to make sure I took my pills at the same time every day. I agree I didn’t do myself any favors by not taking my pills at the same time daily. But honestly I truly believe it’s still protracted withdrawal. Because the symptoms are the same as the beginning of withdrawal except for a couple symptoms that have gone away as far as the stomach issues go. Also the severity of the symptoms have gotten better over the years and when I’m in a window the stomach problems are gone. But I also agree with you that I’m sensitized to the Paxil. I’m just confused and not sure what to do. Do you think I should start to taper? Could I still be in protracted withdrawals even though I’m still on the Paxil for this long? Im not trying to be argumentative I really appreciate your help. It just all feels like withdrawals still. Because as you know I really shocked my system by CT Paxil after taking it for so many years. I appreciate your opinion. Thank you for your time.

@Altostrata

6/3/2023

7:30 a.m. Feeling the same as yesterday. Still in bed 

12 p.m. Paxil 50mg

12:30 pm Levothyroxine 100mcg

4 p.m. Got out of bed with bad stomach pains, gas pains, trapped gas, headache, SI, anxiety, & dizziness. Feel a little better mentally. Intrusive memories & thoughts are gone. 

4:30 p.m. Back in bed. Just not feeling well 

5:30 p.m. Headache is worse 

9 p.m. Stomach pains, gas pains, trapped gas, SI, anxiety, & headache. 

9:30 p.m. Took two Advil for headache 

11 p.m. Advil didn’t help much. Still have a headache 

11:30 p.m. Made myself eat some soup 

12 a.m. Klonopin 2mg & magnesium 

12:15 a.m. Soup upset my stomach 

2 a.m. Feeling the same as earlier 

6 a.m. Went to sleep 

Only being able to lay in bed with my eyes closed only happens in the worst of a wave. 

• Administrator

My amateur guess is that it's an adverse reaction to Paxil or an unidentified medical condition.

Your symptom pattern does not appear to be withdrawal symptoms. It appears the symptoms are worse a few hours after you take Paxil. Generally, less Paxil would mean less intense symptoms. Up to you if you want to taper.

@Altostrata

Thank you again for your time and help. I really appreciate it a lot. I’m going to have to make a decision about starting to taper. Wish you the best.