Gth27: mirtazapine withdrawal

Gth27

Yes its very difficult my family think its all in my head and that I should keep away from this forum. I dont blame them a year ago I didnt even know this was possible. Im in big trouble if I dont function soon

December 2017- start 15mg mirtazapine

March 2018 - reduce from 15 to 7,5mg then after 2 weeks reduce tot 3,75mg

April 2018- going back to 7,5mg

July 2018-tapered 1mg off every 2 weeks.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Your meds did you no good? Right?

You have alot of evidence these meds damage people? Right?

You have alot of evidence other people feel the same way as you? Right?

EVERYTHING YOU ARE FEELING IS NORMAL. ESPECIALLY AT THE START OF WITHDRAWAL. 

Nobody wants this....... i did not know it was possible. 

You have to take the information and absorb it!!!

There is no quick fix. Time time and more time. By all means help it along and take care of yourself. 

Educate your family!! 

Your guna get better but not fast. 

Lee

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/25/2019 at 9:33 AM, Gth27 said:

Im almost 4 months off mirtazapine and getting scared now. I have al the symptoms that some other mirtazapine victims have. I read muddles her story many times and I got the same symptoms.  Strange pressure in my head, lost of feelings and interest in things. Dont feel like myself anymore. Also got a lot of floaters and visual snow. Dont know what to do anymore.

Hi Gth27,

Could you please update your signature with your further tapering and decisions.  Go to Account Settings and then click/tic the signature edit button.  Don't forget to SAVE.

Try and stay away from the "victim mentality"......that's not going to help your healing.  Stick to reading success stories and using non-drug coping skills.  I think you are probably doing better than you think you are right now.  Too much time here can be difficult when you are new and having more acute WD going on.

Yes, those ARE WD symptoms.  Have you tried any magnesium or fish oil/omega 3's.  The links are all on page 1, and in my posts to you.  Only try one new thing at a time though.  The magnesium may help with your anxiety and pre-occupation with symptoms now.  So.......if I were you, I think that would be the one I might try first.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, Gth27 said:

Is it possible to reinstate after 4 months? I dont know what to do because last time I went back I didnt stabilize. But I was better then I was now. When I look back the first time when I take the mirtazapine I saw flashes of light when I closed my eyes and I would get brainzaps. Thats not normal I think.

Yes, it is.  Do you have any mirtazapine left?  And please ask and communicate with us here.  You would only reinstate at a minimal dose and then would need to be capable of keeping simple notes for us.  Please consider it but keep in mind that you might not get full or instant relief from all your current WD symptoms.......yet may find it more tolerable.  Then once you got comfortable.......you would begin another.......yet slower taper off once again.  I'm thinking somewhere in the range of a .5 to 1 mg dose for reinstatement. 

Do check back though after you have thoroughly read through, the link I gave you back on page one about reinstatement.......so that we(mods) can confer and recommend a reinstatement dose for you.

At least your family doesn't want you to get back on drugs?  Look at the bright side.

Oh, the arm stuff too......I didn't address.  Sounds like a temporary neuropathy type symptom.....due to WD.  When you shake your arm about does it feel normal?  I don't have time right now to chase down symptom links.......but go ahead and you can read more on that one, if you'd like.......and to find out what we have on any particular topic........just google  survivingantidepressants.org followed by what you are wondering about.  

How are you doing with gentle exercise, getting outside, decent nutrition and all that?  Sometimes the simple stuff can help a lot.

Love, peace, healing and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, additional thoughts

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I react to perfume now. When I smell it my whole throat hurts and I taste the perfume and cough. Its getting stranger every day. 

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Hi. Again a very common symptom of WD. 

Im sure there is a link to this.

Lee

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Gth27 said:

I react to perfume now. When I smell it my whole throat hurts and I taste the perfume and cough. Its getting stranger every day. 

Hi Gth27,

Becoming hypersensitive to light, sounds, noises, touch, smells etc. is a common withdrawal symptoms and suggests your nervous system is destabilised. 

There is a link below about hypersensitivity to various stimuli, but really this can span to anything in terms of  external stimulus. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/9912-increased-sensitivity-to-light-noise-sound-exercise-etc/

I have noticed light sensitivity and mild sensitivity to smells (I began to dislike candles and perfume). It has come and gone in the typical ‘windows and waves’ type pattern as we frequently describe here. 

I would suggest you try to avoid anything that ‘sets you off’ as best you can, as when feeling hypersensitive it can really ramp up symptoms. For example if you become sensitive to light, wear sunglasses; if you become sensitive to certain chemicals or perfumes, try stop using them etc. We can’t avoid all stimulus that triggers us, but by avoiding what we can, we give our nervous systems the best chance to heal. 

Edited by eymen23

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

Thanks for your reply.

But I dont dislike the smell but it seems when I smell it I taste it also and my throat is irritating. Also get headache. Like i become allergic. Everyday something new is coming and it are all symptoms that normaly dont improve. Like the eye floaters,visual snow,hyperacusis. Never heard that someone is cured from that symptoms.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, Gth27 said:

Thanks for your reply.

But I dont dislike the smell but it seems when I smell it I taste it also and my throat is irritating. Also get headache. Like i become allergic. Everyday something new is coming and it are all symptoms that normaly dont improve. Like the eye floaters,visual snow,hyperacusis. Never heard that someone is cured from that symptoms.

These symptoms are all common and can go away over time, usually in a pattern of intensifying and then easing up.

Yes, I began to dislike the smells for the same reason, they somehow bothered me.  Please try not to worry about the symptoms, it tends to make them worse. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

Yes I know but its hard. What worries me the most is the cognitive issues. Bad short term memory,cant plan,feel stupid. Lost my feelings. Thats the worst.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Hi.

Have you read my thread? Take a look it shows in the early days and even further out me saying the same things as you. 

Take a look on the success stories. Look at there thread whilst they were going through wd also, before they healed. They talk about the same fears. 

It does get better. You have to try and accept this. Make a plan and get as much support as possible. 

Your guna get better and will write a success story too. 

Im getting worse everyday. Cant think no more. I would like to get in contact with @Muddles because my situation seems the same as her with mirtazapine. But she is never on this site anymore. I think she is 4 years off mirtazapine.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Hi 

Sorry about your struggles , 

u WILL get better , I was on a drug for 1 month( 10mg) and ended up with severe withdrawal( i'm the unfortunate lot ) , I'm in my 5th month of withdrawal , can u imagine 5th month just f r a drug for 1 month 

I will tell u what I had and i'm goin thru 

1. Hypersensitive to light and sound : don't have it anymore

2. Tingling sensation                           : don't have it anymore

3. Floaters : I have this and it started by december end ( i stopped my drug in Nov ) , it was bad during withdrawal real thick black or brown ones but good thing is it goes away , it will take time count on months , I have spoken to so many ppl on this and on this group and all their floaters have gone , TRUST ME it will go away , give it time , that's the only thing it needs 

4. VISUAL SNOW ( IN CAPS ) : the worst symptom I have ever had , i hated it when I had it and I couldn't find stories related to this disappearing , but trust me its gone for me , GONE GONE , and it troubled me in 2-4 months the most , I could see it in daylight it was scary and freaky , one weird thing i noticed is everything gets worse before it gets better , my snow is less than more for like 1 month and got less and disappear sometimes I see it but doesn't bother me as it just stays for a minute o so , i'm not even sure its there 

5. Intrusive thoughts and feelings : U NEED TO BELIEVE ITS NOT U AND UR BRAIN DOING THIS TOO U , I have never had dark thoughts anxiety and all in my life im 29 years old and never had it , but until the last month i had all this and its gone many times it comes may be for a minute before it used to be there for hours not it spikes up and goes and i don't remember i last had it

6. Tinnitus : I have it and again I have spoken to many ppl , u can see my thread for this , it WILL GO AWAY , your body needs to get into balance , my T was low for a couple of months and now its HIGH , I know if  its high , i can not be get more higher than this and it will come down , this is my worst symptom and I know it will go away , I have spoken to literally 10 ppl and all their T is gone and they don't have.

I'M WRITING THIS TO GIVE U HOPE , I WAS DESPERATE FOR MEDS TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER , BUT i KNOW IF i TAKE IT , THEY WOULD MAKE ME WORSE , DON'T LOOK FOR TEMPERROY SOLUTION , WE NEED TO RIDE THE WAVE , WHEN I PERSON WHO TOOK IT FOR 1 MONTH , HAS SEVERE REACTION TO IT , ALL THIS YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IS WITHDRAWAL , HOLD ON IT WILL GO BUT NOT AT THE TIME WE WANT IT TO GO 

JUST HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND HE WILL SHOW THE WAY AND KEEP YOUR SELF CALM AND DONT TRY TO INJECT YOURSELF WITH MORE DRUGS ❤️ 

YOU WILL BE BETTER AND A GREAT MOM TOO ❤️❤️

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

@Gth27 ,   @Santino : TALK TO HIM , HIS STORY INSPIRED MANY OF US HERE AND YOU WERE ON THE SAME DRUG AND HIM 

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

Yeah i know but he tapered the right way and he was stable later on the medicine. I got an adverse reaction to it and had to taper fast and never felt the same anymore. Just like Tgirl,tramond and muddles. I am very scared.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

23 hours ago, Gth27 said:

Yeah i know but he tapered the right way and he was stable later on the medicine. I got an adverse reaction to it and had to taper fast and never felt the same anymore. Just like Tgirl,tramond and muddles. I am very scared.

Hi Gth27,

I am a living proof that you do get better after experiencing an adverse reaction, plus getting off Mirt at the same time. 

Semsetivity to lights,  sound, suppliments, certain foods, is extremely common in WDS.

I have experienced visual disturbances at night.  

I have also experienced intrusive thoughts,  but eventually it does go away. 

I know that you must feel extremely overwhelmed at the moment, but your best strategy is to concentrate on ways that you can help your self heal.

Are you seeing a therapist, someone that you can talk to?

Can you meditate?  

I recently discovered Lauren Ostrowski Fenton on You Tube. Check out her chanel. 

Tara Brach is also good.

You can try acupuncture and relaxing massages. 

Walk when you can.  

Please don't lose hope.  It is really hard at the beginning,  but it gets easier as the time progresses.

The most important aspect of this journey,  is to find ways to cope and accept the situation as it is and to believe that you will get better. Take care,  Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, Leo1983 said:

Your meds did you no good? Right?

You have alot of evidence these meds damage people? Right?

You have alot of evidence other people feel the same way as you? Right?

EVERYTHING YOU ARE FEELING IS NORMAL. ESPECIALLY AT THE START OF WITHDRAWAL. 

Nobody wants this....... i did not know it was possible. 

You have to take the information and absorb it!!!

There is no quick fix. Time time and more time. By all means help it along and take care of yourself. 

Educate your family!! 

Your guna get better but not fast. 

Lee

On 4/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, shawny said:

Hi 

Sorry about your struggles , 

u WILL get better , I was on a drug for 1 month( 10mg) and ended up with severe withdrawal( i'm the unfortunate lot ) , I'm in my 5th month of withdrawal , can u imagine 5th month just f r a drug for 1 month 

I will tell u what I had and i'm goin thru 

1. Hypersensitive to light and sound : don't have it anymore

2. Tingling sensation                           : don't have it anymore

3. Floaters : I have this and it started by december end ( i stopped my drug in Nov ) , it was bad during withdrawal real thick black or brown ones but good thing is it goes away , it will take time count on months , I have spoken to so many ppl on this and on this group and all their floaters have gone , TRUST ME it will go away , give it time , that's the only thing it needs 

4. VISUAL SNOW ( IN CAPS ) : the worst symptom I have ever had , i hated it when I had it and I couldn't find stories related to this disappearing , but trust me its gone for me , GONE GONE , and it troubled me in 2-4 months the most , I could see it in daylight it was scary and freaky , one weird thing i noticed is everything gets worse before it gets better , my snow is less than more for like 1 month and got less and disappear sometimes I see it but doesn't bother me as it just stays for a minute o so , i'm not even sure its there 

5. Intrusive thoughts and feelings : U NEED TO BELIEVE ITS NOT U AND UR BRAIN DOING THIS TOO U , I have never had dark thoughts anxiety and all in my life im 29 years old and never had it , but until the last month i had all this and its gone many times it comes may be for a minute before it used to be there for hours not it spikes up and goes and i don't remember i last had it

6. Tinnitus : I have it and again I have spoken to many ppl , u can see my thread for this , it WILL GO AWAY , your body needs to get into balance , my T was low for a couple of months and now its HIGH , I know if  its high , i can not be get more higher than this and it will come down , this is my worst symptom and I know it will go away , I have spoken to literally 10 ppl and all their T is gone and they don't have.

I'M WRITING THIS TO GIVE U HOPE , I WAS DESPERATE FOR MEDS TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER , BUT i KNOW IF i TAKE IT , THEY WOULD MAKE ME WORSE , DON'T LOOK FOR TEMPERROY SOLUTION , WE NEED TO RIDE THE WAVE , WHEN I PERSON WHO TOOK IT FOR 1 MONTH , HAS SEVERE REACTION TO IT , ALL THIS YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IS WITHDRAWAL , HOLD ON IT WILL GO BUT NOT AT THE TIME WE WANT IT TO GO 

JUST HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND HE WILL SHOW THE WAY AND KEEP YOUR SELF CALM AND DONT TRY TO INJECT YOURSELF WITH MORE DRUGS ❤️ 

YOU WILL BE BETTER AND A GREAT MOM TOO ❤️❤️

Hey GTH

How much i loved these two posts above. I have communicated with both shawny and Leo.... great people. It seems from their writing they are already in a better place and i am so happy they are getting their lives back.

I believe the same will be with you GTH. I was never good on Mirtazapine, you have to know that, but i continued to taper slow and time after time i would have bad moments. You have used many meds already and you are in a position where you do not know which one you are have the WD currently. Time is all you need. Just take the things slowly and live up the windows. There is no quick fix, just wait out the whole ordeal. Your body is healing. 

Stay the course and do not get scared. You have been through a lot. Things will get better from now on...

All the best

Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

👌

Thanks for all your replies. But the cognitive stuff is very bad. Its like my mind is empty. I only used mirtazapine so I know the withdrawal is from that

September 2018- 4,5mg 

GTH

for 6 months i could not remember something for more than 2-3 seconds. I know its scary. BUT it gets better.

Some of what you say is also DP/ DR. Anhedonia also makes you feel this way. 

Im scared that I developing MCS i react to parfume,car gas,cleaning supplies. Dont know what to do.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Have you had a look for chemical sensitivity options on the net?

See if you can do some things to help yourself. 

I should have known better. When I first started mirtazapine I would get this brain squeezes like somebody squeeze my brain real hard. And when I closed my eyes I saw strobocope flashes. I think thats when my brain damaged. Never heard this happens with somebody else.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Gth27

I had flashes too... Every organism reacts differently to Mirtazapine. I am SURE you have not damaged your brain. It is just in the process of healing itself. But of course healing takes a lot of time. The key element during this process is acceptance. Accept your situation and do not fight the feelings off. Let them be there my friend.

As fare as cognitive issues are concerned, there were days when i could not handle even a proper discussion with my wife. Mumbling all the time with a terrible difficulty to find words and a brain that would feel like a sponge full of water. It all went away.... For you ti is going to be the same.

Just continue your fight and you will be OK.

All the best

Santino

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

Yes I know but I did a to fast taper. I got all the symptoms off hyperacusis. All sounds hurts my ears.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Listen to every word!

12 yrs on paxil. 4 week taper hes recovered!!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

GTH27

I am very convinced that all your symptoms are simply WD symptoms. You just need time now. Take the things slowly and push forward. You will be good.

Santino

Its like my whole personality is gone. Im another person,cant feel emotions,no motivation,cognitive very bad cant remember nothing. Visual snow,chemical sensitivity. Things look very bad.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

They look the same as everybody else to me Gth.

Your following a very common pattern. 

Do you have things to distract you during the day?

I cant distract myself no matter what I do im feeling sick all the time and with this chemical sensitivity its very hard to do something. Can st Johns worth work? I need to do something 

September 2018- 4,5mg 

How are you now? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you off your drug?  If yes, please update your drug signature.  Thank you.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

17 hours ago, Gth27 said:

Can st Johns worth work?

If you are still taking your drug, then taking St Johns Wort is not recommended.

st-johns-wort-hypericum-perforatum

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey GTH

Try to establish a routine during your day. It is normal for you not to have emotions or feel any positivity. I know you feel like you have no will to start or do anything right now even if you will it. Just try not to worry yourself about it. It is a perfectly normal symptom of Withdrawal. I had it big time, and same like you i was feeling very bad about it. I was believing my life had no purpose anymore and same as you i was watching for short cuts out of this. St John's Wart is not a solution. It is another antidepressant and it will do you bad. There is nothing that can take you out of this situation apart from Time and your Will. Try to be easy on yourself and do not blame yourself much for things you are not able to do now. After some time the symptoms will lessen and you will be able again to take on your life. I SWEAR about it. For the moment just try to keep a normal routine and ensure you do not loose sleep. That's it.... all the other clouds will clear with time. You have to know that your nervous system has plasticity and it is tending to go back the same way it was before you used the meds. 

Just wait it out.... and on the mean time try to fight with natural ways. Magnesium, Omega 3 are good. A walk in the morning or afternoon is good. A shower before sleep is also good. Cherries or Banana before sleep is good too as they have natural melatonin which helps your sleep. 

Stay strong and fight my friend. I swear you will be good.

All the best

Santino

Gth27 i got your DM, i will respond via that this weekend or early next week when I get the time properly. But, my MCS symptoms are better than they were 12 months ago.I still have some, but not as bad. Google resiliently rachel on youtube, she had Lyme diesese and MCS, and has managed to make it a lot, lot better. Also look at EI resources for short term fixes. I know when i was panicing, reading the stories of recovery and relief on there helped. I am convinced it is a limbic system impairment like the work of DNRS suggests. Basically, your system has been damaged by chemicals and on some deep deep level your brain knows this and has gone into ultra protective mode, so any chemicals now you are hyper sensitive too. Also, Youtube DNRS and Annie hopper as she programmes to help with this, loads of stories of recovery on that. 

But 12 months ago at work I could taste everybodies chemicals when they wore perfume or used chemically harsh stuff, this was all the time 24/7. These days I can go weeks without tasting it. I'm not back to normal yet, but I am getting better and I havn't even looked at diet (stories of keto helping), or DNRS yet. 

It gets better mate! 

Intro - 

• On Paroxetine (Paxil / Seroxat) 20mg since 1999 (age 18). Tapered off over 8 weeks on Dr's advice 2016 - Crashed massively (acute withdrawal) September '16 and reinstated on doc's advice. Found this site and started getting real answers! Currently doing a very slow withdrawal. 

Taper progress - 

• September '16 - 40mg / December'16 - 30mg / Feb '17 - 20 mg / March '17 - 18mg / April '17 - 15mg - became paranoid / May '17-  upped dose to 20mg (kindled - developed chemical sensitivities and neuropathy in legs). 2 month hold. July '17 - 19.5mg / Aug'17 - 18.5mgSept '17 - 17.5mg / October '17 - 17mg / Nov '17 - 16mg / Dec '17 - 15.5mg / Jan '18 - hold / Feb '18 - 14.5mg / April '18 - 13mg / June '18 - 11.5mg / Aug '18 - 10mg (half way hold of approx 2 months) / Nov '18 - 9mg / Dec '18 - 8mg. (tapering too fast, having anxiety / paranoia, so having a 6 week extra hold) / April 19 - still holding at approx 7.5mg

Points of interest - 

• Average seroxat 20mg pill weights 0.355g 
  • Using AWS Gemini 20 scales (seem reasonable for about £20)
  • 2 weeks later...

Its getting worse every week.

This are my symptoms.

Memory problems

Anhendonia

Cant think or visualize

Visual snow/Eye floaters

Skin problems

Gum problems

Insomnia

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• 2 weeks later...

I cant find one person who had severe memory loss,anhedonia,lost sense of time who got better. I dont even know what I did this morning. 

Someone who had this and get better?

September 2018- 4,5mg