absolutelysickofpills: I think I'm in trouble

absolutelysickofpills

28 minutes ago, absolutelysickofpills said:

Hello.

I find talking about this stuff very hard and at the moment I need to keep myself together. I hope you find peace, as I hope we all shall.

Please don't take it amiss if I don't go any further pondering this matter right now.

I wish you well.

Oh of course not for one second ,I wish you well also thanks.

Take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

20th November 2018

00.15: 5mg diazepam (see above)

06.00: Wake up

07.00: 37.5 mg venlafaxine

09.00: Get up. Breakfast. After last night's “window” I don't want to think about meds/tachyphylaxis/tapering but am conflicted because I know I will have to taper . Hence anxiety and tension.

12.15: Go for short drive and buy some food.

13.15: Lunch

17.00: 37.5mg venlafaxine.

18.30: Dinner. Couch. TV. No repeat of last night's brief reprise. (predictably).

22.00: Bed.

22.15: 5mg diazepam: probably fell asleep before midnight.

21st November 2018

03.08: Wake up. Do not get back to sleep.

07.00: 37.5 mg venlafaxine

08.45: Get up.

11.30: Go for short drive.

13.00: Lunch

15.00 onwards: Anxiety (about my situation). Distract myself by planning a living will.

17.00: 37.5mg venlafaxine.

18.30: Dinner. Couch. TV. Phone call.

22.00: Bed

22.15: 5mg diazepam. Not sure exactly when I got to sleep, but probably before midnight.

Sept/Oct 1976- late 1984 Valium 5mg “as required”

February 1978 Valium 10mg x2 daily for 8 weeks

February 1978 Doxepin (?dose) for ? 12 weeks

August 1978- July 1981 Clomipramine (?dose)

Oct 1998-mid 2006 Venlafaxine 75mg (immediate release 37.5mg x2 daily)

February 2007 until Oct 2017 Venlafaxine (as above)

Oct 2017 to mid July 2018 omitting every other morning dose (37.5mg) of Venlafaxine

July 12th to Aug 23rd  Venlafaxine (immediate release 37.5mg x2 daily), Aug 23rd - Sep19 Venlafaxine 75mgx2 daily

Aug 20th to present Venlafaxine 37.5mg x2 daily

Oct 1998 until present Valium 5mg “as required”

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, absolutelysickofpills said:

After last night's “window” I don't want to think about meds/tachyphylaxis/tapering but am conflicted because I know I will have to taper . Hence anxiety and tension.

Wonderful news that you had a brief window. I know it's hard when the window opens and then closes, but it speaks to your nervous system's ability to heal. 

Yes, the anxiety about future events is difficult during withdrawal. When that kind of thought-stream starts to take over, quick as you can - change the channel.

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

If you practice the "change the channel" enough, it becomes habit and as soon as an anxious thought pops into your head, you'll immediately go to another thought or activity.

The great thing about neuroplasticity is we have the ability to re-train our brains anyway we want. 

Neuroplasticity video (2 minutes)

During withdrawal, I started thinking of my anxious, future-oriented thinking as a really bad habit. By repeatedly doing the "change the channel" technique and the many other non-drug coping techniques out there, it's possible to break this habit. 

I now ask myself when I get into a stream of anxious thoughts, "Is this useful?" If there's no use in the thoughts, I just let them pass. I find some music, a hobby, going outside for a walk (walking meditations are great), play a video game, etc. 

All of these anxious thoughts are like carrying around a lot of unneeded baggage. It's a much easier road to travel when you pack lightly. 

Thank you for your response, Shep. 😀

I assume you want the daily schedules to keep coming?

Oct 2017 to mid July 2018 omitting every other morning dose (37.5mg) of Venlafaxine

July 12th to Aug 23rd  Venlafaxine (immediate release 37.5mg x2 daily), Aug 23rd - Sep19 Venlafaxine 75mgx2 daily

• Moderator Emeritus
17 minutes ago, absolutelysickofpills said:

I assume you want the daily schedules to keep coming?

If you want to take a break from posting daily as you continue to hold, please keep daily notes on paper or on a Word doc. 

When you are ready to taper and wish to get moderator feedback, please post a few days so we can see where you're at.

That being said, if it's easier to keep up with your notes by posting here in your thread, you can, of course, continue to post here in your thread. 

24 minutes ago, Shep said:

If you want to take a break from posting daily as you continue to hold, please keep daily notes on paper or on a Word doc. 

When you are ready to taper and wish to get moderator feedback, please post a few days so we can see where you're at.

That being said, if it's easier to keep up with your notes by posting here in your thread, you can, of course, continue to post here in your thread. 

I'll take a break from daily posting but keep daily notes up to date.

Cheers.