Jordgoode21: constant internal vibrations

Jordgoode21

Soo my journey of horridness began 1st jan 2019

it all started with a very intense real dream awaking me into a panic attack from this day of on I’ve been suffering with really bad insomnia 

in feb the doctors put me on citalopram aka celexa, 18 days in I developed a tremor which started when I was going to sleep and I was awaking with it

this progressed to inner vibrations of my chest area and brain, they then changed me to prozac which I was on for 4 days and the symptoms got worse so I came off it at the start of this week

further forward the inner body vibrations are now constant and even worse when I try to sleep I can’t get no rest I’ve been awake for 3 days now, I got given zopiclone for sleep but they don’t work for me I’m still wide awake with buzzing sensations and muscle twitches

my main fear is that I’ve somehow developed akathisia, I’ve been having some horrible thoughts constantly thinking I’m dying and having 1-2 panic attacks every day 

is there any light at the end of the tunnel because I’m struggling to cope

ive been to the hospital 4 times this week and they keep saying it’s just anxiety but the tremors and vibrations are so real, I even get very bad burning pains in my chest and head 

Drug History -

Citalopram Feb- March 2019

Fluoxetine March - April 2019

18 days into celexa I started to develope some very weird internal symtoms

it feels like pulsing in my chest and head and progresses into strong vibrating it goes on 24/7 

i came off the celexa due to this then they put me into Prozac which I was on for 4 days it got far worse

I’m physically vibrating on this inside as I’m writing this and it keeps sending me into panic attacks

is this withdrawal akathisia?

i feel like I’m dying any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Drug History -

• manymoretodays changed the title to Jordgoode21: Constant internal vibrations
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jordgoode and welcome to SA.

It certainly sounds like you are having a really tough time. 

To help the moderators learn more about you, can you please create a drug signature using these instructions: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Had you taken any psych drugs prior to 2019? 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hiya

I've just updated my signature and no I never took any drugs before feb of this year

I'm so scared, I had some blood tests saturday to see if anything else is causing all this vibration and tremors

But im convinced it was the citalopram and that I'm gonna be stuck like this forever

Drug History -

• Administrator

Hello, Jord.

It sounds like you had an adverse reaction to SSRIs soon after starting citalopram. See Immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs? How long for recovery?

As in withdrawal syndrome, your nervous system will very gradually settle down. You can help it along with at least 30 minutes a day gentle exercise, such as walking; no alcohol; minimize sugar, caffeine, and food additives; eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Taken in small doses, magnesium can be calming, you can get it in Epsom salts baths. This might help your sleepign

Please do your best to stay calm, breathe through your symptoms, you may have to wait for them to go away. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Jord.

It sounds like you had an adverse reaction to SSRIs soon after starting citalopram. See Immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs? How long for recovery?

As in withdrawal syndrome, your nervous system will very gradually settle down. You can help it along with at least 30 minutes a day gentle exercise, such as walking; no alcohol; minimize sugar, caffeine, and food additives; eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Taken in small doses, magnesium can be calming, you can get it in Epsom salts baths. This might help your sleepign

Please do your best to stay calm, breathe through your symptoms, you may have to wait for them to go away. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thank you ever so much I will do my research now

I've also been getting this brain trembling feels like it's shaking inside my skull and my right ear keeps popping, do you think this will go back to normal?

The full body vibrations and joint pain have been making me think that something serious has been up, even though the doctors don't think it's anything too nasty... I'm just so scared and i've got stuck in this cycle where I think im dying

kind regards

Jordan

Drug History -

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/4/2019 at 6:28 AM, Jordgoode21 said:

For the past two weeks my whole body has been vibrating it varies in intenseity throughout the day, I feel like I’ve been plugging into the mains

its come bundled with muscle spams, eye shakes and it feels like my brain is being rattled

i can’t rest I can’t sleep 

I’m hoping it passes once the celexa is out of my system 

has anyone else suffered with this?

any help would be appreciated cause I keep thinking I’m going to die

Above moved to existing topic.  tremors-shaking-body-vibration-internal-trembling

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

Topic title:  Adverse reaction moving into withdrawal syndrome celexa fluoxetine

So you may have saw me post before

18 days into citalopram I had a very bad reaction, I went to go to bed one night and my head and body started to vibrate, burning chest pains and and mad panic 

I stayed on the drug for 2 more days before being moved to fluoxetine which made symptoms even worse... so the docs took me off everything. 

4 weeks down the line I’m still experiencing these symptoms on a daily basis:

-feels like my brain is moving around and also weird sounds being made from that area.

- tinitus and popping noises in ears

- sensation of low level vibration through my body

-trickling sensations in left leg

-random body jerks(rarely happens unless I’m trying to sleep without a sleep aid)

-chronic anxiety

- random pains in body

- no appetite 

-dry mouth 

- chronic insomnia (been prescribed lorazepam for sleep as zopiclone doesn’t work)

-eye floaters and static vision

- weird noises from throat 

can anyone relate and did anyone recover?

I’m losing hope really bad and I’m scared that something serious is going to happen to me

doc has also referred me for an mri and said if that comes back clear I should try the drugs again, which I’m not prepared to do as they have ruined my life...

ive lost my job and this year feels like it’s gone by so quick, just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Drug History -

• ChessieCat changed the title to Adverse reaction moving into withdrawal syndrome celexa fluoxetine

hello.  How are you doing now? I too have some of the above symptoms you describe.  As a matter of fact, they are very similar.  and I am still on the meds that may be causing it.  Im tapering one now.  because of adverse reactions,  I thought I could taper quicker to get the heck off, but im holding right now.  I often envy those that are off the offending medication, but I see that it doesn't necessarily mean you are in the clear.  so frustrating.  . I hope that your symptoms subside for you.  these meds are rough for sure.  at least we have this site. 

9/2018- lexapro low dose few days.11/3/2018- zoloft 2 days

11/7/18  - 11/15/18 - Prozac 9 days, from 10 mg for week, to 20

11/16  inpatient put on Lexapro for a few days, Cymbalta, 2 days

11/24-12/8 - gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day - a very fast taper

1/7 - tbuspar for  three days- blurry vision, jerky eye

1/17/19 - 2/15/19- mirtazapine 15 mg - started taper on 1/30 

2/20/19 gabapentin 600 mg. .  12/20-  taper finished

2/20/19 - seroquel 25 mg current - taken  10 pm

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

9/1/21-  took one dose of vistril 50 mg.   

9/1/21-accidental double dose of seroquel- 50 mg 

I’m still in the very grips of it, docs just keeps saying it’s anxiety and not accepting that the drugs have cause such physical harm to my body

just holding up hope that it calms down soon cause it’s a nightmare

Drug History -

9 minutes ago, Jordgoode21 said:

I’m still in the very grips of it, docs just keeps saying it’s anxiety and not accepting that the drugs have cause such physical harm to my body

just holding up hope that it calms down soon cause it’s a nightmare

I hear you on that.  I just got the same thing from a doctor I went to see recently.  as soon as they hear you have anxiety, they like to blame everything on it.  its very unvalidating and unfair to say the least.  I hope it calms down for you. 

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jordgoode21: constant internal vibrations

So it made me feel better that my regular MD didn't discount this when I saw him this morning as just my usual anxiety.  but he did say he didn't think it was the meds.  me I tend to disagree, as I didn't have this crap happening to me pre medication.  but since the specific medication isn't really his fortay (gabapentin) and hes not one who would normally prescribe it, he is referring me over to a neurologist.   im just concerned now because my legs are starting to act up, I get crampy, restless and activated in my thighs.  so weird.  hate these meds. :( 

How are you doing, feeling any better with this?