Bigbird: Paxil / paroxetine withdrawal

Bigbird

p.s. and just saw your other post - sorry you have to deal wtih other health issue on top of WD. I am sending good thoughts to you, Bigbird. 🤗

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigbird

• Gridley

• Giulietta

• Frogie

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I’m just so desperate to feel better. I’ve never had any health issues before I went into withdrawal. 😪

5 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

p.s. and just saw your other post - sorry you have to deal wtih other health issue on top of WD. I am sending good thoughts to you, Bigbird. 🤗

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Maybe I should try 3 mg?

That has to be your decision.  As I wrote earlier, you've been at 2.5mg for a bit less than three months, and often it takes longer for an updose to work.  I would give it longer.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Ok Thank you, it’s so difficult when I’m feeling desperate for help. I really appreciate your help. I think I will try to continue on 2.5 mg and hope it gets better with time. I’ve never felt more ill in my life. I hope this withdrawal hasn’t caused me more health problems besides withdrawal. Thanks again.

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I hope this withdrawal hasn’t caused me more health problems besides withdrawal.

I';m wishing for good results on your tests.  It''s good you're having tests done.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

47 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Thanks, I’m just so desperate to feel better. I’ve never had any health issues before I went into withdrawal. 😪

Hi Bigbird,

I'm sorry and will be following your posts. The health issues may be coincidental  - not related to WD. ?

Hugs,

Giuilietta

Thanks Guilietta. I’ve been nothing but healthy most of my life. Hopefully my blood work is fine, maybe it’s just my anxiety. Thanks for reaching out, I’m just feeling so low today.  I don’t see my doctor again  until Monday, but I can see my blood test results on line. Not that I will understand them, but they show flags.  Thanks again I really appreciate it.😊

Sometimes getting your lab results online is not always a good thing. ;)  It can fuel 'what if' and (more) anxiety.

Some/many lab results that are flagged as high, low, etc. -  may mean nothing. One simple example is a CBC - complete blood count. CBC,  which as you probably know, consists of many types of blood cells. Values  may outside the reference range - and still not have 'clinical significance.'  Thyroid too - the number is on the low side of normal most of the time - and a few months a patient gets a Low flag because the value is .1 outside the reference range.  I dont' really know too much else about it. :)

Maybe you can call the MD's office  for a call back or be on a cancellation list.  Sorry about more distress on top of everything. 🤗

Thanks Guilietta, I don’t have much choice except acceptance. Not much that I can do if something is wrong. He’s a nice young doctor and not at all pushy. Thanks for your kind words. 😊

Just an update, blood work shows everything in normal ranges. I’ll talk more with my doctor on Monday. Just need to understand the urine issue more, it may be nothing major. Just my anxious brain. Thanks for the support Gridley and Guilietta.😊

43 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Just an update, blood work shows everything in normal ranges. I’ll talk more with my doctor on Monday. Just need to understand the urine issue more, it may be nothing major.

See - nothing wrong with the labs. :) As with the labs - having anxiety about the results of the test of the urine specimen) won't do anything but fuel anxiety. One thing at a time.

AAF: acknowledge, accept and float (I am still trying to learn this - and should right it on the back of my hand. ;)

Thanks Guilietta, anxiety is my problem. That’s how I ended up on the antidepressant in the first place. Lots of work to do on my part. AAF takes some work, thanks again.😊