MilitzaV: dual withdrawal

MilitzaV

Greetings to all. I have never really known where to "post" or write things on this site and do not frequent any self help sites or groups online after being ejected from the FB group after 2 days. Not sure what I did either. But here I am, a little beyond 10 months since I finished my taper from klonopin. I had some low . low  lows and continue to struggle with depression as my number one complaint. Anhedonia too. 

Will I ever feel excited or even interested in anything ever again?

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

2013-16 Adderall XR  and klonopin 1 mg 3x       neurontin 600 mg 2017 klonopin 2 mg 3x Add 30 mg Adderall

2018    Vyvanse 70 mg  Klonopin 1 mg 2x  2019 adderall 15 mg IR Vyvanse 40 mg 

December 2019 - May 2020 Baclofen 10 mg, 2-3 times a day 2020:   Vyvanse 50 mg Klonopin .5 mg 2 x

December 2020 - reinstated Baclofen 10 mg, stopped and restarted in January 2021 

February 3, 2021 - Baclofen reduced from 10 mg to 5 mg and reduced to 2.5 March 2021 * was not using this daily except in past
2021: tapered Vyvanse 50 mg apr -May and D/C May 2021. Klonopin .5 mg 2x, Baclofen 5 mg pm D/C in Feb?? Reinstated buy take Tzinidine 4 mg as of May 2021 @ bedtime May 10 2021= klonopin .650 mg liquid micro-tapering

• 4 months later...

First off I have never understood this site. I don't really get it and when I look up topics it's usually older threads with no ongoing communication. This site confuses me. I have gotten a lot of help here though when I was able to connect so i am back.

I am 15 months from my last dose of klonopin which was minuscule. I want to say I have gotten better but I am still in so much emotional pain. I am isolating and I am scared.I cannot force myself to do things bc the anxiety just destroys me. I basically still only talk to my kids and sometimes my mother on the phone but she pisses me off. I am feeling all of these old feelings and yesterday i realized nobody in my family has ever offered to help me with anything and they really act abusive to me. My mother was in town yesterday and did not even try to see me even though she knows I am suffering so badly and she had some mail of mine but she was worried what other people would think I guess. I am just venting now. My emotions are s insane right not-I know it will pass. But these brutal raw feelinsg are killers. I am not doing too well.

2013-16 Adderall XR  and klonopin 1 mg 3x       neurontin 600 mg 2017 klonopin 2 mg 3x Add 30 mg Adderall

December 2019 - May 2020 Baclofen 10 mg, 2-3 times a day 2020:   Vyvanse 50 mg Klonopin .5 mg 2 x

December 2020 - reinstated Baclofen 10 mg, stopped and restarted in January 2021 

February 3, 2021 - Baclofen reduced from 10 mg to 5 mg and reduced to 2.5 March 2021 * was not using this daily except in past
2021: tapered Vyvanse 50 mg apr -May and D/C May 2021. Klonopin .5 mg 2x, Baclofen 5 mg pm D/C in Feb?? Reinstated buy take Tzinidine 4 mg as of May 2021 @ bedtime May 10 2021= klonopin .650 mg liquid micro-tapering

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Militza, this site is confusing to some people.  Perhaps it would help if you could bookmark this when you read my message, and when you need to post about your personal situation, just select the bookmark.  Your topic is in the Introductions and Updates Folder.  You could also use the search function, and search in the Intros and Updates, and search on your name.  It will come up that way, too.  Here is a link on how to search this site:

How to Search This Site

Each member gets one and only one personal thread in the Intro and Updates forum, so please keep your questions and comments to this thread - thank you.  It prevents confusion and duplication of effort on our part, and you get better advice and help.  

I'm sorry that you are in emotional pain.  I can relate to your situation, because I have a certain degree of isolation, as well.  Many people do, in large part due to the lockdown in 2020 and 2021.  I also have an extended family similar to what you describe.  They were never supportive or helpful, and tended to be emotionally abusive instead.  So, I understand the pain and frustration this can cause, because I've experienced it myself.  There are sites out there for people who came from abusive families.  Both of them have lots of information on how to cope with this, and also have online support forums.  Here are two: 

https://www.havoca.org

https://cptsd.org/forum/

The other option is to talk to a counselor or therapist about these issues, and get some support and guidance on how to deal with this.  One of the challenges of getting of psych meds is we need to learn alternative ways to deal with the issues that got us on the drugs in the first place.  

One really helpful thing to do when we are overwhelmed with painful emotions is to just write them all down.  Just write down whatever comes into your mind - don't censor it.  Write, write, and write some more.  It will help get it out of your head.  If you are angry, punch a pillow, or write the person who you are angry with on a piece of paper, tape it to the bottom of you shoe, and stomp your feet over and over.  It sounds silly, but it helps to get the anger out of your system.  These are just some techniques for coping with emotions, I'm sure there are more. 

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Thank you. I just made an appt with a counselor as I red this. Online sites are helpful too. I appreciate your help and response. 

• 2 months later...

Title: Metranidazole vaginal gel inserts? help me

Are these okay to take for 5 days for vaginosis? I was prescribed Flagyll but refused it and they called this in. It is not P.O. and I wondered if this gel inserted into vagaina is dangerous? I am scared to death of symptoms coming back but I cannot carry on with out treating this somehow...please help if you know anything

Edited by Shep
added title after moving from another thread

• Moderator Emeritus

@MilitzaV Please note I moved your post from another forum. Please continue to ask questions about your drugs here in your intro/update thread. 

We aren't able to answer questions about health issues outside of psychiatric drug withdrawal. Please work with your doctor. 

You may want to place anything drugs you're prescribed into an online drug and symptoms checker to make sure there aren't any drug interactions. 

Drug Interactions Checker

Your signature hasn't been updated since 2021. Are you still taking any psychiatric drugs?

On 5/8/2023 at 12:34 PM, MilitzaV said:

I was prescribed this for vaginosis. I did not start taking it. I am very scared. Is there an alternative I should ask for? 

Also, I searched for this topic. Again, this site confuses me and I only found some old conversations between someone and another from 2010-no helpful info for me. 

Can anyone help me? What do I tell my OBGYN? They already think I am crazy because I just have a lot of anxiety and especially health anxiety. 

I see you've already posted on the thread for antibiotics. You may want to research for alternatives to antibiotics for your health concerns and seek out a holistic or functional medical doctor.