runningthestreets: Searching for help. Anafranil tapered too fast (Clomipramine) 75. Also taked 1 mg of lorazepam and tapered to 0.5 mg

runningthestreets

2.00 p.m. take 18.75 anaframil

2.30 p.m. anxious

3.00 - 5.00 p.m. calm, sleepy, fatigue

5.27 p.m. awake, with energy

7.30 p.m. A bit anxious

8.54 p.m. nervous but without anxiety

10.07 p.m. light left eye twitching

11.10 p.m. anxious

11.50 p.m dinner

00.24 a.m. calmed

2.20 a.m. a bit anxious

2.22 a.m. take 0.5 mg of lorazepam

4.01 a.m. calmed/ sleepy. Going to bed

4.20 a.m. sleep

12.00 p.m. wake up

12.00- 1.40 p.m. half sleep

2020 Oct 2 75 mg anafranil and 1mg lorazepam 
2020 December reduced to  3/4 of lorazepam, and then to half of the pill of Lorazepam in december and stayed in that dosis, because I couldn't go to 0.25 mg
2021 Jan 26 to Feb 17 fast tapered Anafranil 37.5 mg
2021 Feb 17 of 2021 (fast tapered again) 18.75 mg of Anafranil, alternating days without it (one day yes, other not).

I experienced a lot of symptoms of withdrawal through the process.
2021 March 1  I stabilized in 18.75 mg of Anafranil without alternating because my father who is doctor recommended it and later I found this page in March 20 that clarify my situation.

I stabilized in 0.5 mg of Lorazepam too because I couldn't taper to 0.25 mg because withdrawal symptoms. Then, I decided to quit off this drugs little by little.

6 july My father lowered my dose to 14 mg of Anafranil without my consent and I have been taking it thinking that it was the same dose that before (18.75 mg)

On 7/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, Frogie said:

Hi,

Have you thought about perhaps taking your lorazepam in smaller doses through the day? Is seems you’re calmer after you take it. Maybe take 1/2 your dose morning and 1/2 your dose night?

If you would like to change times and perhaps spilt your dosage let me know. I’d be happy to help you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie,

For sure, let me know how i can do that please. I think it would be great for my future.

Thank you very much

2020 December reduced to  3/4 of lorazepam, and then to half of the pill of Lorazepam in december and stayed in that dosis, because I couldn't go to 0.25 mg
2021 Feb 17 of 2021 (fast tapered again) 18.75 mg of Anafranil, alternating days without it (one day yes, other not).

2021 March 1  I stabilized in 18.75 mg of Anafranil without alternating because my father who is doctor recommended it and later I found this page in March 20 that clarify my situation.

I stabilized in 0.5 mg of Lorazepam too because I couldn't taper to 0.25 mg because withdrawal symptoms. Then, I decided to quit off this drugs little by little.

6 july My father lowered my dose to 14 mg of Anafranil without my consent and I have been taking it thinking that it was the same dose that before (18.75 mg)

I would split your dose in 1/2. Take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. But start out taking the 1/2 you want to get to morning by moving it an hour each day until you get to the correct time. So, if you would like to take it at 7 am and usually you take the whole dose at 7 pm (just an example), you would take the 1/2 dose at 6 pm. The next day 5 pm, until you reach the 7 am? Does that make sense? Or how long have you been taking it at night? You might be able to just split it 1/2 mornings and 1/2 evening without having to move it by one hour each day if it hasn’t been long. You could take it at maybe 7 am and 7 pm, or what time works best for you. But it needs to be consistent.

I hope I could help you and it makes sense to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more help. I’ll be glad to help you.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am doing well and I think I am stabilising. When do you think I could low my dose 10%? Would it be better to wait more?

Thanks

@Altostrata

• Administrator

Thanks for the good news, @runningthestreets 

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages?

How long have you been stable? What does this mean to you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks for the good news, @runningthestreets 

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages?

How long have you been stable? What does this mean to you?

I am taking 18.75 mg of clomipramine at 2 p.m. every day. Then, the dosis of Lorazepam would be distributed in two next week so now I have been taking 0.5 mg of lorazepam at night, (00.00 a.m.).

I think I am stable since july or so. To me stabilisation means good sleep, without crying spells during the day, zero cortisol spikes at the morning, zero tinnitus, anxiety more equilibrated, waves with less suffering, zero brain zaps, less mood disorders or much more light, zero dizziness or lighter (in my case i got dizzines in july and no more).

I think I got bad moments too, with anxiety, because my Pure O, but all my life I had them so I think isnt linked with withdrawal and its part of "me".

To me the worst part at the moment its to not feeling nothing, feel drugged all the time and the experience of anhedonia that this bring to me. This leads me to suicidal thoughts, because I dont feel like myself and I dont want to be drugged with meds that didnt make any good to me.

@Altostrata

• Administrator
2 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

Then, the dosis of Lorazepam would be distributed in two next week so now I have been taking 0.5 mg of lorazepam at night, (00.00 a.m.).

What does this mean?

2 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

To me the worst part at the moment its to not feeling nothing, feel drugged all the time and the experience of anhedonia that this bring to me.

These are typical effects of the drugs you're taking. Are they worse at any particular times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 9/15/2021 at 1:47 AM, Altostrata said:

What does this mean?

It means that I will take 2 dosis of 0.25 mg like Frogie recommend me, instead of a dosis of 0.50 mg at night. This will help me with anxiety around the day.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:47 AM, Altostrata said:

These are typical effects of the drugs you're taking. Are they worse at any particular times of day?

I think that they are worse in the morning and then, at night, they are less noticeable.

@Altostrata

• Administrator

Why do you take clomipramine at 2 p.m. and not another time? How do you feel before and after you take it?

Dulling emotions is a common effect of both antidepressants and benzos. It's how they "work".

On 9/17/2021 at 8:59 PM, Altostrata said:

Why do you take clomipramine at 2 p.m. and not another time? How do you feel before and after you take it?

Dulling emotions is a common effect of both antidepressants and benzos. It's how they "work".

I take it at 2 p.m. because I feel agitated after taking it.

I feel a bit anxious, nervous, agitated when I take it. Then, I feel better.

Yes, I see. It's very weird! 😢

So, When do you think Its secure to low my dose 10%? 

Thank you! ❤

@Altostrata

• Administrator
4 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

I take it at 2 p.m. because I feel agitated after taking it.

I feel a bit anxious, nervous, agitated when I take it. Then, I feel better.

How long does this reaction last? When did this reaction first appear?

It indicates you are taking too much clomipramine.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, Altostrata said:

How long does this reaction last? When did this reaction first appear?

It indicates you are taking too much clomipramine.

This lasts like 1 hour more or less.

I think this appeared since I stabilised in the dose (18.75 mg) but I think It was progressively more evident later.

It's like a "high". I am not feeling very bad but I feel weird, agitated, with energy, then I feel normal, like fatigated.

So, If I'm taking too much Clomipramine... what is the best option that I can do?

I am very lost right now, I dont know what to do next (keep the dose or change...)

Thank you! ❤

@Altostrata

• Administrator

You might reduce to 18mg clomipramine observe over a week, and see if that helps. Please let us know how you're doing.

What is your current lorazepam schedule?

On 9/24/2021 at 8:13 PM, Altostrata said:

You might reduce to 18mg clomipramine observe over a week, and see if that helps. Please let us know how you're doing.

What is your current lorazepam schedule?

Ok, Im going to reduce this next week, thank u!  I will inform you how I am doing.

I take two doses of 0.25 mg as Frogie said, at 11 a.m. and 11 p.m everyday.

Hello everybody,

It looks like my father who is doctor lowered my dose to 14 mg without saying nothing to me ( I was thinking that it was the same dose: 18.75 mg). He did on 8 july or so. I have been on that dosis since that.

He confessed it when I told him to low my dose to 18 mg. I am in shock right now. 😢

@Altostrata

• Administrator

That is shocking. I hope your father does not continue to make changes without your knowing. 

Your notes after July 8 indicate you tolerated the reduction well. What do you think?

Would your father help you taper more gradually, with your agreement?

22 hours ago, Altostrata said:

That is shocking. I hope your father does not continue to make changes without your knowing. 

Your notes after July 8 indicate you tolerated the reduction well. What do you think?

Would your father help you taper more gradually, with your agreement?

Yes, He has said that It was his fail. I think that It was more a mistake than other thing. 

Yes, I think that it wasnt a problem at all. Now Im a bit nervous for all this, but its logically something psichological.

For sure, I have talked about this with him and He's agree.

• Administrator

Well, that's good news.

What did you do about lorazepam? How are you feeling now?

On 10/6/2021 at 11:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Well, that's good news.

What did you do about lorazepam? How are you feeling now?

I am taking all of it at night because I was more anxious with the distribution.

I am feeling a bit weird, I have been taking 5 mg of oral minoxidil that a dermatologist prescribed me because He diagnosed me alopecia. I have taked since this tuesday. I dont know if its better to wait until I quit my meds to take it and to quit now. What do you think?

Thank you

@Altostrata

• Administrator

If you add other drugs, you may get adverse reactions from the other drugs. We cannot help you with other adverse drug reactions.

Taking lorazepam once a day may cause symptoms as the drug wears off hours later.

32 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

If you add other drugs, you may get adverse reactions from the other drugs. We cannot help you with other adverse drug reactions.

Taking lorazepam once a day may cause symptoms as the drug wears off hours later.

Okey, so I think It's better to wait until I quit everything! I want to facilitate this process to you.

So, do you think it's better to take it as Frogie said? I still have the dose divided. I don't know why but I felt agitated when I changed the routine, maybe because It wasn't consistent, and It has to be at the same hours.

@Altostrata

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, runningthestreets said:

maybe because It wasn't consistent, and It has to be at the same hours.

We tell you to take your drugs on a consistent schedule for a reason. If you don't, you're making your own problems.

It's possible that if you make a sudden change in your drug schedule, you may feel bumps from the change for a few days. We instruct people to make gradual changes, generally by moving a dose by an hour a day.

If you choose not to follow instructions, you're making your own problems. It's your right to do this, but it presents problems that are too difficult for peer support.

16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We tell you to take your drugs on a consistent schedule for a reason. If you don't, you're making your own problems.

It's possible that if you make a sudden change in your drug schedule, you may feel bumps from the change for a few days. We instruct people to make gradual changes, generally by moving a dose by an hour a day.

If you choose not to follow instructions, you're making your own problems. It's your right to do this, but it presents problems that are too difficult for peer support.

Okay, I see clearly now. So, can I move my dose (0.5mg) by an hour a day until 11 a.m. and then the next day take one dose of 0.25 mg at 11 a.m. and the other dose at 11 p.m. , am I right? 

Thanks

@Altostrata

• Administrator

What did @Frogie tell you?

On 7/29/2021 at 3:29 AM, Frogie said:

I would split your dose in 1/2. Take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. But start out taking the 1/2 you want to get to morning by moving it an hour each day until you get to the correct time. So, if you would like to take it at 7 am and usually you take the whole dose at 7 pm (just an example), you would take the 1/2 dose at 6 pm. The next day 5 pm, until you reach the 7 am? Does that make sense? Or how long have you been taking it at night? You might be able to just split it 1/2 mornings and 1/2 evening without having to move it by one hour each day if it hasn’t been long. You could take it at maybe 7 am and 7 pm, or what time works best for you. But it needs to be consistent.

Frogie said me this and I directly chose the option of not move anything and simply take one dose at 11 pm and the other at 11 am but now I think its better the other option to reduce anxiety (I didn't choose the other option because I didn't understand it completely).

So, my question is... If I move 1/2 of the dose a hour by a day until I can get in the morning, when I take the other dosis? At 11 p.m. night? 

@Frogie

@Altostrata

• Administrator

What do you think? @Frogie graciously went to a lot of effort to explain already.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What do you think? @Frogie graciously went to a lot of effort to explain already.

Yes, I know. Sorry, but I am not a native english speaker so there are things that I can't understand completely 

• Administrator

You would gradually move one of your doses until you are taking the 2 doses 12 hours apart.