HopeForTomorrow: SSRI and benzo withdrawal

HopeForTomorrow

• Administrator
1 hour ago, HopeForTomorrow said:

My question is - is catching so many viruses a symptom of withdrawal?

Not that I know of.

You may want to stay at 1mg Celexa until you feel better.

Sorry, we cannot help you with quercetin and general medical questions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata, I have family wanting to “fix” this since this has lasted so long and I looks like I’m deteriorating. They’re wanting me to go to facility to get off 1mg reinstatement of Celexa I’ve been on 3 years. They’re says “you don’t know if it will help or hurt” blah blah. Is there information here on why it’s dangerous? I searched but having a hard time. I know it is obviously but need support to help teach them. Thank you so much.

Celexa 10mg - 2012-2014 - "pooped out" Crossover to Paxil 20mg 2014 Crossover from Paxil to Lexapro 20mg 2016

Zofran (as needed every day for pregnancy) - October ‘19-May ‘20 - CT after delivery

Crossover from Lexapro to Celexa May 2020 - gradually increased to 30mg. Once hit 30mg, over a couple weeks started to have adverse reaction. Impending doom, akathisia/anxiety BAD for 2 weeks - took me 2 weeks to figure out it was Celexa since it was a delayed reaction Cold Turkey July 2020 Withdrawal hit hard - hypersexual. Discovered PGAD through google - freaked out thinking the only "cure" was medicine because that's what PGAD facebook group said...bad idea Prescribed Lorazepam for symptoms - around .25-.5mg/day -- Got on Lorazepam schedule of .125mg 3 times a day. October 2020 - Stabilized on 1mg Celexa and .375mg Lorazepam

Finally off Lorazepam April 2022, thank God!

Celexa reinstatement stopped PGAD mostly (still have random flares).

Dexilant 30mg - 2009 - August ‘23 - OFF

CURRENT MEDS--

Celexa 1mg (9:30am)- October 2020-Present (Decrease to .9mg 3/9/23 - updose back to 1mg 3/10/23)

Quercetin 250mg - September 22-Current for Post-Covid (Calms fight or flight, helped - if I stop, insomnia horribly)

• Administrator

If you're an adult, you can make your own decisions. If you're asking your family what you should do, you might stop that -- they're just making their own guesses. If they're making uninvited suggestions that annoy you, tell them so.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2023 at 11:22 PM, HopeForTomorrow said:

@Altostrata, I have family wanting to “fix” this since this has lasted so long and I looks like I’m deteriorating. They’re wanting me to go to facility to get off 1mg reinstatement of Celexa I’ve been on 3 years. They’re says “you don’t know if it will help or hurt” blah blah. Is there information here on why it’s dangerous? I searched but having a hard time. I know it is obviously but need support to help teach them. Thank you so much.

How are you doing now? 

Citalopram 10mg sep14-nov14,

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered cit 40mg-0mg in 10 days.

mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg jan22-Mar22,

tapered in 1 week.

citalopram 20mg apr22- may22( had a reaction this time, hives everywhere),

no taper cold turkey 

sertraline 50mg then 100mg may22-nov22, tapered in 2 weeks.