onetime: tapering mirtazipine

onetime

• Administrator

Hello, @onetime What effect do you feel from the mirtazapine?

Your signature says you quit mirtazapine in late April, about 4 months ago. How did you feel after you stopped completely. What happened since then?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello Altostra,

Thank you for getting back to me. Due to a lot of confusion, I have got my timelines wrong. My apologies. Anyway, when I stopped completely I had puffy eyes, tiredness and dizziness. Nothing I couldn't handle. As the weeks went on following the jump I have got worse with anxiety, insomnia ( no full night sleep in 3 months, some nights just an hour), OCD ( thinking about my symptoms and going online all the time looking for answers), burning pain all over with really bad leg pain, suicidal thoughts daily, poor appetite. I was so bad I went back on the Mirt about a week ago starting with 3.5mg for 2 days and up to 7.5mg now. No improvement with the symptoms. I am very confused as what to do. Please advice when you can. Thanks I'm advance.

Prozac 2000 - 2018

Xanax Quetipine Mirtazipne 2018

Xanax 2mg per day - 10% per month  - finished taper June 2020

Quetipine 100mg per day 10% per month  - finished taper March 2021

Started to taper Mirtazipine 15mg per day 10% per month -started April 2021

Finished taper of 1.5mg approx( cutting with blade) on April 27th 2022. That is I jumped off at 1.5mg.

• Administrator

How did you feel when you were taking 3.5mg? What effect does 7.5mg have?

Do you drink alcohol? Coffee? Have you been treated with antibiotics recently? Covid?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi Altostrata,

I think I might be stabilizing on the 7.5 now. I don't drink alcohol or coffee. 

I think I will wait at 7.5 for a while and see how I go. I don't want to start adjusting again. Does this make sense to you?

Thanks so much for helping.

Prozac 2000 - 2018

Finished taper of 1.5mg approx( cutting with blade) on April 27th 2022. That is I jumped off at 1.5mg.

• Administrator

Yes, stabilizing is good.

Thanks Alostrata. 

I will keep learning and enquiring. I have a lot to learn. Thanks so much for your support. Thanks also to all at SA.

Prozac 2000 - 2018