eileen1111: sertraline cold turkey recovery

eileen1111

I agree! And hanging in there. Taking it day by  by . My sleep had definitely improved, I just gotta keep riding the waves. 

Zoloft 25mg 07/05/2022- 08/08/2022

Trazadone 25 mg 07/05/2022-08/03/2022.

withdrawal includes: ear ringing, headaches/brain zaps, vivid dreams, insomnia, muscle twitching. 
supplements: vitamin d, magnesium glycinate, omega 3s

• 3 weeks later...

brief update,

today i went to a relative’s funeral and wake, 80+ people were there. really challenging in many ways. but at least didn’t feel like i was in an acid trip dpdr nightmare in the way i would have this time last year. 

struggling with joint pain since my knee injury, my muscles are basically all tight and weakened, i think the months of being so ill with withdrawal have also contributed to this tbh. but i also never had a good stretching/exercise regime before.  I relied on my youth!!! Not anymore. I’m learning so much. seeing a sports massage therapist on friday to hopefully help symptoms. trying to stretch a lot every day now, and do small exercises and walks. Down about it bc it’s further limiting my already small world rn. i just have to let time pass and do the next right thing. I know that i’m doing the best i can. trying to foster some Basic Trust in myself, my body, other people, the universe...

Sept 2021 - CT sertraline 25mg. told it was a 'placebo dose', knew nothing about the dangers or mechanism of these drugs

Nov 2021 - Jan 2022 - failed reinstatement attempt which exacerbated symptoms as it gave me severe serotonin syndrome, unrecognised by doctors who told me to double my dose (!!!!). this was a very awful period, was still trying to work and go to uni, eventually had to quit everything & move back in with family. horrific 'altered reality' symptoms of dissociation, hallucinations, insomnia, chemical dread, racing heart, agitation, nausea, burning & more 

Jan 14th 2022 - 0mg SSRI

Currently, 2023: in recovery from drug-induced neurological dysfunction/PAWS. only meds- 10mg amitriptyline at night.

• 2 months later...

How are you doing Eileen ? Checking in because I haven’t heard from you in a while :) hope you are doing better 

withdrawal includes: ear ringing, headaches/brain zaps, vivid dreams, insomnia, muscle twitching. 

• 1 month later...

haven't posted in a while because since May I've been in a constant crisis due to developing excruciating tendonitis in both arms, which triggered an avalanche of anxiety and near-constant panic , relentlessly, for months !!! i was very very suicidal. it was terrifying actually. feeling a bit better the last few days, pain levels lower, head a bit clearer, but i'm shaken and traumatised beyond words atm. anyway i wanted to check in & also to share one of Angie's videos which i watched today and it has helped anchor me 

Sept 2021 - CT sertraline 25mg. told it was a 'placebo dose', knew nothing about the dangers or mechanism of these drugs

Nov 2021 - Jan 2022 - failed reinstatement attempt which exacerbated symptoms as it gave me severe serotonin syndrome, unrecognised by doctors who told me to double my dose (!!!!). this was a very awful period, was still trying to work and go to uni, eventually had to quit everything & move back in with family. horrific 'altered reality' symptoms of dissociation, hallucinations, insomnia, chemical dread, racing heart, agitation, nausea, burning & more 

Jan 14th 2022 - 0mg SSRI

Currently, 2023: in recovery from drug-induced neurological dysfunction/PAWS. only meds- 10mg amitriptyline at night.

Oh gosh I’m so sorry to hear that! But look you made it out of that wave and now feeling better . Is the tendonitis due to withdrawal? 

It will pass I’m sorry you went through that but look how strong you are ! 
The past month was a hard one for me as well . 
i was hoping you were out of withdrawal! 

Listen to this guy on YouTube! 
https://youtu.be/YNCqRnj4gao

• 2 weeks later...

Pain has been the worst element of my entire withdrawal experience. I'm always here if you want to talk. 

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

• 1 month later...

Hi @eileen1111 - how are you doing lately? You haven’t posted in a bit so I wanted to check in on you 💜 I hope you’re busy living life and that you’re doing better than you were a few months ago!

2/2022: off cymbalta, on Trintellix

5/2022: on Pristiq, off Trintellix

6/2022: Increased Pristiq

11/2022: off Pristiq, off seroquel, on Mirtazipine

1/2023: off Mirtazipine, on seroquel & lamictal

2/2023: Compazine through IV - immediate severe akathisia 

3/2023: CT lamictal and seroquel

4/2023 - current: Off everything

• 2 months later...

Hope things have improved @eileen1111

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

On 8/22/2023 at 5:15 PM, eileen1111 said:

haven't posted in a while because since May I've been in a constant crisis due to developing excruciating tendonitis in both arms, which triggered an avalanche of anxiety and near-constant panic , relentlessly, for months !!! i was very very suicidal. it was terrifying actually. feeling a bit better the last few days, pain levels lower, head a bit clearer, but i'm shaken and traumatised beyond words atm. anyway i wanted to check in & also to share one of Angie's videos which i watched today and it has helped anchor me 

Hi Eileen1111,

Hope you are well. I have this kind pf tendonitis in my right arm but is getting slowly better so yours will improve and heal too.

I don’t do much for it, I just rest it and I don’t put too much pressure on it.

My main issues is my torso and back as I have spasms and jerks on these areas. Very uncomfortable and painful.

Are your muscle issues getting better?

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.