Katiestanb: Sertraline reinstating

Katiestanb

I came off 25mg april this year. I had been on them 9 years. After a few weeks the withdrawal has been awful so today decided to go back on but crush my pill and take 5mg as an intro dose. I have just put the powder into water and drank it. Is this ok? 

Sertraline 50mg a day - may 2011 for ptsd after birth of first child 

25mg a day from 2016

withdrawl started around March 2021

last tablet april 2021

• Frogie changed the title to Katiestanb: Sertraline reinstating

Hello @Katiestanb

Welcome to SA. I'm glad you found this site for tapering.

This is your page where you can ask questions, make comments, obtain information and meet new members that are going through or have been in the same situation as you are. We ask that each member only have one page so we can keep everything in one spot nice and neat. 

First, can you please create a signature page. That gives is the information we need to be able to give suggestions on you taper.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

I'm going to give you some links to read.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Brass Monkey Slide

You may want to keep notes on paper and write back to let us know your symptoms.

Keep Notes on Paper

I think I've bombarded you with enough information to get you started.

Please let us know what questions we can answer for you.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.