Horsi: Bad Withdrawal Symptoms

Horsi

Hi, 

im new here und read a little bit. I have a big Problem: i have read about the waves and Windows pattern. My Problem ist that i Had No Windows after stopping prozac.

They stopped it when my wife sende me to the Hospital. The reason was that i reinstated an  made a reduce from 0,45 mg to 0,28 mg. Than Symptoms get awful. So i tryed to Back to 0,45 mg. It was incomprehensible.I saw scary faces and Had never ending Panic attacks and electric shocks. I tried it further for two weeks then i was send to the Hospital. They stopped prozac and have other medicaments who doesnt help.

Since then im completely insomnia, heartracing, Dizzyness.

I live with my parents now because im to disabled to be at Home.

Is there Hope that i can Recover? I dont know why other people have Windows and im in this constantly hell without pausing...

Greetings

Walter

2011 - 2020: Prozaz

CT Okt-20: Reinstated Dez 20 /  0,5-0,34,0,26 last step was too much horrible Symptoms Increase 0,34 Back. Freaked ou send to Psychiatrie

11/2021: Seroquel 150 mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Horsi: Bad Withdrawal Symptoms
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Horsi.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Some people have windows and some people don't. But even people who don't experience windows until they are close to recovery still go onto recover. There's no rhyme or reason to the process. And that makes it very frustrating.

You mentioned you already read the windows and waves thread. This thread may also help explain this phenomenon:

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

Here is more information about tapering and threads specific to Prozac and Seroquel:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac)

Tips for tapering off quetiapine (Seroquel)

18 hours ago, Horsi said:

The reason was that i reinstated an  made a reduce from 0,45 mg to 0,28 mg. Than Symptoms get awful. So i tryed to Back to 0,45 mg.

Information we need:

• the dates you made these changes to your Prozac dose
  • the time(s) of day you take your current drugs and the doses
  • the date in December you started Seroquel. If you've only been on it a few days, you can safely stop, but please give us more information
  • list any supplements and other drugs you're taking, including the doses

Once we have this information, we can help you set up a game plan for coming off these drugs.

Hi,

thank you. The last dose was in May 2021. I dont know why i could'nt go to the last dose.

Before i was in Withdrawal too, but Not so Bad.

I read that people without Windows are healing slowlier like people with Windows. Is that real?

They gave me Seroquel now to calm the cns. I had a little improvement.

I take the Seroquel Always at 8 PM.

You send me an Information about reinstatement. Is that an Option?  Im wondering if it is good to reduce the Seroquel right now...

Greetings

CT Okt-20: Reinstated Dez 20 /  0,5-0,34,0,26 last step was too much horrible Symptoms Increase 0,34 Back. Freaked ou send to Psychiatrie

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Horsi said:

I read that people without Windows are healing slowlier like people with Windows. Is that real?

I don't know. It's really hard to figure out the recovery pattern because it's so individual and varies in severity. Healing is slow, but it does happen.

14 minutes ago, Horsi said:

You send me an Information about reinstatement. Is that an Option? 

I didn't realize you stopped Prozac in May. That was 7 months ago, so reinstating would be risky this far out.

12 minutes ago, Horsi said:

They gave me Seroquel now to calm the cns. I had a little improvement.

I take the Seroquel Always at 8 PM.

Which symptoms improved?

How many hours do you sleep each night?

The Dizzyness ist getting better and my Heartracing. With Seroquel i sleep 1-4 hours at night, but its another sleep Like normal....

Can reinstatement help?

• Moderator Emeritus

@HorsiPlease start a drug and symptoms journal. 

Here is an example of what we need. Do this every day over the next few days. Also include any supplements you are taking and the amount of sleep you are getting. 

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Ok,

i  will do that. What ist about the reinstatement? Could that be help? And i read that some people recovered with a Neuroleptikum. Can you tell me more about it?

I would do everything. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Horsi,

And welcome from me too.

2 minutes ago, Horsi said:

i  will do that. What ist about the reinstatement? Could that be help? And i read that some people recovered with a Neuroleptikum. Can you tell me more about it?

Do you mean a neuroleptic.  Sometimes antipsychotic(AP) drugs like Seroquel are also called neuroleptics.

It looks like you are on one.

Have you reduced the Seroquel prior to 11/2021?

Or increased it at all?  If so, when?

And I don't know what this means:

CT, dann wieder einsetzen 0,5 mg und vermasseln May 2021

The latter part of your signature ^, what does that translate to in English.

Also see Dr. Glenmullen's symptom list:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

You'll see your symptoms there.

We look forward to seeing your drug and symptoms journal.  See Shep's post to you above for the link on how to do that.

And best,

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi,

yes i mean the Seroquel. I take it since 2 November 50_100_150_2000 I read that some people recovered with an Neuroleptikum.?

I forgot that i have akathisia and completely insomnia too

Greetings 

Sorry,

i Take 200 Not 2000

2 Woke up: was calm, but I still feel my heart racing, which is better since I've been taking Seroquel.

8:00 am: Getting up: Sad to be able to sit there with my family who will be coming for lunch

9 a.m .: Breakfast: Akathisia, can't sit down for a long time, hand sweat

11 am: can't stand my status, thoughts of suicide, hopelessness

13 AM: Lunch cant sit there with my Family, Rating fast and Go to my flat upstairs. Crying

14 AM - 17AM: Trying to calm down lying in the Couch, Made a little Walk

18 PM: Eating. Im sad and crying

20PM: Take Seroquel

21 PM: Go to bed, awake Till 1:30 then took an Ambien

Im crying a lot. My Life was so perfect Till this drug crashed all. My Body dont react of Medicamtentation and it feels Like my Brain is crashed forever. The fast tapering of reinstatement destroyed all. I really think that it lasts forever. I cant live like this