Laetitia1979: Huge, massive anxiety, insomnia

Laetitia1979

Dear all

IS it possible that stopping 25 mg of clomipramine (im still on lexapro 10 and zopiclone and nozinan) gives massive, extreme anxiety, Terror, insomnia? 

I stopped clomipramine 16 days ago. 

The anxiety IS getting worse each day. 

I thought lexapro was going to make up for thé withdrawal. 

I cannot go back. I am already on 3 drugs. Been on psych drugs hell for 23 years...life distroyed...

I was on clomipramine for one year at différent doses. 75 then 37,5.

Only 25 mg withdrawal Can give that horrible anxiety ?

Thanks a lot

• ChessieCat changed the title to Laetitia1979: Huge, massive anxiety, insomnia

Hi @Laetitia1979 and welcome to SA.

We are a volunteer run site with member as you tapering off or have tapered off medications. 

This is your personal page where you will receive information, you may ask questions, and meet members as yourself. We ask that each member only have one page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First, can I please have you make a signature. Thanks!

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having symptoms. How long did it take you to taper off of the clomipramine? Here, we don't suggest tapering more than 10% of your dosage a month.

Tips for tapering off clomipramine (Anafranil)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Fear, terror, panic, and anxiety

Insomnia is very common when going off medications. You might try a small amount of melatonin and see if that might help. You could also try Epson salt baths, turning off the tv/computer and hour or two before bed also.

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

Melatonin

We don't suggest supplements here except two that do calm some members nervous system. If you want to try one, try it in a small amount, wait a few days before introducing the other in a small amount.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

Please read the links I provided to you, especially the tips for tapering off clomipramine. Please reach out with any questions you may have.

Take care

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.