Sonny0z123: Withdrawal

Sonny0z123

Hi just in the middle of a severe setback from alcohol I believe just looking for reassurance that I will come out of it. Was on lexapro for 3 years and cold turkeyd 

Lexapro 10 mg 2014 to 2017.came off after two weeks. big setback recently due to alcohol. Had seen huge improvements 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Sonny0z123: Withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi SonnyOz and welcome to SA,

Many members find that drinking alcohol can cause their withdrawal symptoms to worsen.

alcohol-and-beer

You might find the posts linked in Post #1 of this topic helpful:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

Please create your drug signature following these instructions.  This will appear below each post you make:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This is your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and where you can journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you for your response really just looking for reassurance maybe from anyone who has been through something similar and it settled down for them and how long it took. Thanks

Edited by ChessieCat
extracted response from quote

Lexapro 10 mg 2014 to 2017.came off after two weeks. big setback recently due to alcohol. Had seen huge improvements 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for creating your drug signature.  Please add the date and dose that you started and the date and dose that you cold turkeyed.  Please also delete  Am 4 and a half years out  since it will not remain current and the dates will make it obsolete.  Thank you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Starting to settle down and return to my pre drink baseline thank God and thanks for your assistance 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Sonny0z123I received your PM and will leave some resources for you here. 

Are you taking any supplements? We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose to see if your nervous system can tolerate it. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

You also may find some helpful information here:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Thanks a million for your response some great information there. Just wanted to ask you may not know and I know everyone is different but would a very bad dose of food poisoning cause a terrible wave because I was doing pretty good and got hit by a terrible wave 5 days after pretty bad food poisoning. Am starting to settle down now which is great. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sure, any kind of illness can set off a wave. Food poisoning affects your gut health and you know the saying - the stomach is our second brain. 

Ya god that must have been it starting to feel very again so will just have to be careful. Thanks for you advice really appreciated