Joeindians: Came down off Lexapro now chronically fatigued

Joeindians

Will lifting heavy weights delay the natural healing process when on PAWS?

I'm 13 months in since my last dose of lexapro.  I can't tell if I am more fatigued after lifting. I do think that lifting helps with my psychological and hormonal needs.

2021 mid February  lexapro 10 mg

2022 start Jan - end January  (30 day taper to 10 mg - 0 mg of lexapro using nail filer) ,

100mg of 5HTP mid feb- end feb 

mid may 2022 - mid november 2022 taper 1.0 mg lexapro unorthodox taper to 0.0 mg by mixing it up with salt water

Hey @Joeindians

From personal experience, I would say start slow. I overdid weights and exercising in general when I thought I was doing better and crashed with terrible fatigue. If you feel recharged afterward and into the next day, you might be okay, but again, go slow, and work your way up. 

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

Thanks for your input. 

2022 start Jan - end January  (30 day taper to 10 mg - 0 mg of lexapro using nail filer) ,

mid may 2022 - mid november 2022 taper 1.0 mg lexapro unorthodox taper to 0.0 mg by mixing it up with salt water

• 1 month later...

15 month update of PAWS 

-Most of my symptoms (constant tinnitus, fatigue, vivid dreams) are around the same level since the 6 month mark. So ive had extremely slow progress since then. 

I administrerd a solution of Lexapro back in Oct 21 for reinstatement. Most of my symptoms especially my Tinnitus worsened after my reinstatement of 1.0 mL of lexapro in a salt solution! It should be noted that i had bad ear infections when i was 2 years old. And i dont have my tonsils intact.... how long will it take to heal??

I know the studies that suggests it takes 2 -3 years on average. But ive had very little progress for about a year. I really dont want these symptoms to linger throughout my life. But ive really screwed up my nerves by the 10 month reinstatent i did in 2021. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 11:56 PM, Altostrata said:

Protracted withdrawal can last several years.

Do your cumulative waves from stress affect the length of total time of PAWS? Will I get the same amount of recovery in a day if I was stressed as opposed to not being stressed?

I was lifting 4 days a week for a few months, but I took a week off and have 25% less symptoms than I would have had if I was lifting that week. I'm still sensitive to stress such as walking alone at night 

I'm 16 months out from my last dose of Lexapro. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Joeindians said:

I took a week off and have 25% less symptoms than I would have had if I was lifting that week.

What would common sense tell you from this?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

What would common sense tell you from this?

Cur down on working out. Try to find a sweet spot like 2 days instead of 4