Bullitt1968: one-time method for reducing and discontinuing psychotropic drugs

Bullitt1968

@Altostrata 

Good, I have been observing it for a long time. I can say that I have the worst symptoms in the morning after waking up. Then I take 2 mg Lorazepam, 60 mg Prozac and 300 mg Pregabalin.

I can say with certainty that my condition then gradually improves and I have less and less anxiety throughout the day and the symptoms also become less or at least do not get worse.

I keep a diary. The symptoms can increase if something happens during the day that puts a psychological strain on me, e.g. my father is unwell, this triggers my fear of loss, he is already 85 years old and it was because of this fear of loss that I went to the psychiatric ward in the first place and then got all these drugs over time. Some events can throw me completely off track, then I get strong symptoms of anxiety even though I take all these medications.

If I eat something wrong and I get strong gastrointestinal cramps from it, then that increases the anxiety and I even get panic attacks, the symptoms then increase strongly, for example the tingling in arms and legs, that spreads to the whole body, I get nausea.

Are you sure, do be able to distinguish between all of that? Maybe you could convince me that it is under that circumstances even possible,  If so, I will try it and write it in my diary. 

From what I have seen of you in the last few days, I suspect that you are not have time for this and its ok for me, there many people more with severe symptoms, but maybe easier to say, what the problem is, than in such a complicated case like me. Don't you have any doubts?

Please do not misunderstand. I believe that this is possible if you only take one or at most two drugs and if you don't already have a lot of chronic withdrawal symptoms and there are no psychological triggers. I don't live in a sterile world where all the psychological stuff has no influence. In my opinion, in cases like mine, it is no longer possible to distinguish between withdrawal symptoms and recurrence.

It is also very exhausting for me to translate your answers into german to understand them and to translate my posts in english, so that you can understand me. This increase symptoms too,like body tense, restless legs and many more. I costs me many energy. Now I have written this , I am exhausted and could not do any more than relax, relax my mind, calm my nervous system

"Words can travel thousands of miles. May my words create mutual understanding and love. May they be as beautiful as gemstones and as lovely as flowers."    -Thich Nhat Hanh 
Pharma-History:

60 mg fluoxetine since 2009 50 L-Thyroxine since 2018, 100 mg promethazine since the crash with microtapering in August 2021. Before the crash 10 mg since 2003, 5 mg lorazepam since August 2021. 1 mg lorazepam before the crash. New: 300 mg pregabalin since August 2021. nutrient therapy since 2017:

600mg 5-HTP, Tried various other nutrients. Current: 600 mg 5-HTP, 5000 i.e. vitamin D3+K2, 400mg magnesium citrate, 8mg Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin B complex, 500mg Gaba, Lavender capsules with 80mg, Vitamin C between 1000 and 3000 mg depending on requirements, 4 g zeolite for detoxification 
Since January 2022 to 2023 Pregabalin reduced from 300 to  200 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

This is why Alto is asking for daily symptoms notes:

Keep notes on paper about your daily symptom pattern and drug dosing

Are your symptoms worse at any particular times of day? A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information.

This is an example of what Alto wants you to post every day, 24 hours at a time:

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I would like to thank everyone who saw me and my suffering and wanted to help me. I realise that it is too much effort for me to translate what I want to say into English first and your answers back into German, even with the outstanding online translator of deepl.

It increases my symptoms of inner turmoil, tension and irritates the very sensitive nervous system. I can't do anything more today, my nervous system needs rest now. I no longer have the strength to do the translating. It stresses me out too much and intensifies the symptoms. It's like playing car races on the computer, which also intensifies the symptoms. That's why I left the groups, the work there also triggered my nervous system and I was extremely exhausted after each day! The nervous system was completely overstimulated and the symptoms all intensified!

I'm sorry, I won't be able to read and translate all the posts. There goes at most one post per day. So I will read them bit by bit. Many thanks to you and your commitment.

"Words can travel thousands of miles. May my words create mutual understanding and love. May they be as beautiful as gemstones and as lovely as flowers."    -Thich Nhat Hanh 
Pharma-History:

60 mg fluoxetine since 2009 50 L-Thyroxine since 2018, 100 mg promethazine since the crash with microtapering in August 2021. Before the crash 10 mg since 2003, 5 mg lorazepam since August 2021. 1 mg lorazepam before the crash. New: 300 mg pregabalin since August 2021. nutrient therapy since 2017:

600mg 5-HTP, Tried various other nutrients. Current: 600 mg 5-HTP, 5000 i.e. vitamin D3+K2, 400mg magnesium citrate, 8mg Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin B complex, 500mg Gaba, Lavender capsules with 80mg, Vitamin C between 1000 and 3000 mg depending on requirements, 4 g zeolite for detoxification 

@OnmywayI knew,that I am overdosed with drugs, but it is not possible to reduce them, because then I get Akathisia.

Pharma-History:

@Altostrata
@ChessieCat
@Onmyway
You want to know when my symptoms get worse: I have just, after reading your posts, strong symptoms, increase in inner restlessness, tightening of the body, increase in anxiety.

If I forget to take a dose of the medication, the symptoms increase.

I have been in long-term withdrawal for more than 10 years. I live with my parents, who take care of me because I have not been able to do so for a long time. I don't have any friends, I'm single, I've never had a partner, this thought can also lead to an increase in symptoms. 

The symptoms are not worsened by taking the medication but by psychological triggers, by pain. The basic symptoms I have are manifested withdrawal symptoms from failed withdrawal attempts.

In addition, I clearly have side effects due to the increase in medication. For example, I am completely impotent again, have constant constipation, a disorder of the bladder that empties uncontrollably. Massive concentration disorders, cognition and complete sedation that makes me almost unable to move.

Thoughts and feelings amplify the symptoms far more than the intake and yet I too am aware that it is too much, but I would not have survived those 3 weeks last year without it!

I have been incapacitated for a good 15 years
Even at the evening if all drugs taken, my mind an my feelings of anxiety are much better.

Is that understandable and do you believe me, what I say , it is my daily experience. for a long time. It is not possible to exclude the impact of psychological triggers, of thoughts and strong feelings. 

I am really grateful, that you would help me really! What should I do, what can I do? I can't reduce any of these drugs, because that increases symptoms massive. I could not live with the status quo, with these symptoms already there and won't go away. All what I could do is not enough to get out of this trap, I cannot dealing with my suffering as i could in the past! I am massive disappointed about me and I hate myself therefore!!! I have give all I can but it lasts too long to find the truth about all of that, at that point I had even multiple withdrawals with out success I am sorry, it is all too much for me and I could only do, what I could do and I know that this is not enough!

Pharma-History:

@Bullitt1968

I am sorry you are struggling with all these awful symptoms. I don't really have solutions for you other than hold, use non-drug techniques to manage your symptoms, cut the massive amounts of supplements that you can cut without withdrawal. Your reactions are common - the cortisol sensitivity for example where your symptoms get better in the evening is very common (baby aspirin may help with cortisol increases), the sensitivity is common and we know that people recover from it over time.  

I have no other solutions. 

I will not post any more because I don't want to upset you but do wish you a quick recovery and some respite from your suffering. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• Administrator

We have requested daily notes specifically to identify symptoms arising from paradoxical reaction or other drug-related symptoms. By strategic reductions, you may be able to reduce your drug burden without triggering what you call akathisia.

You seem to have convinced yourself this is impossible. 

You are correct, I do not have time to discuss whether you had akathisia in the past. From what I've seen, it's more likely you are causing your own problems in the present.

This is a site for going off drugs. Your intention is to stay on your drugs.

Please let us know when you want to decrease your drug burden.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

To Answer your question first: My Symptoms are at worst after waking up, there is strong anxiety, tightness in the chest, strong cramping of the body, muscle tension and strong inner restlessness, restless legs 

I take 2 x 1 mg Lorazepam and 60mg Prozac and 300 mg Pregabalin. After about 20-30 minutes I have much less anxiety and the tightness in my chest is almost gone. Inner restlessness and cramping of the body is only significantly less towards the evening, after I have taken the last Lorazepam, the second dose of 50mg Promethazine around 6pm.

So, I have no worsening of symptoms after taking the medication, it reduces the symptoms during the day and in the evening I am only severely depressed, I am already in the morning.

You doubt that I had akathisia during the three weeks last year, right? I why I think it was akathisia is the fact that I was aggressive, hostile and had morbid thoughts. These are not typical symptoms of anxiety. 

When I first had that in 2017 after having two successful benzodiazepine withdrawals and 5 years without anxiety, I had that too and I lost all my friends in the process. I was hostile and I was aggressive and I expressed morbid thoughts to my friends. I was expressing morbid thoughts to my best friend who has borderline personality disorder and is studying psychology to help others, which I think is great, she asked me to stop, I was overstepping her boundaries. i then told her not to be like that, if she wants to be a psychotherapist then she has to put up with it!

I have never hurt a person I care about so much and at the time I didn't know it was akathisia, I thought I was like that now, I had become a reckless and bitter *******.

It was only when I increased the dose of Prozac again that it all disappeared in 2 days. For me it was a strong personality change. I tried to explain to my friends that it wasn't me but the medication or the reduction of my antidepressant, no one believed me even my best friend who stands by me 100% didn't believe me.

It was the same last year, only then I knew what was causing it. 

I don't know why you believe otherwise, I don't understand. I have known anxiety and anxiety symptoms, panic attacks for 30 years, I have never been hostile, aggressive or had morbid thoughts in this time.

I have not decided to continue taking my medication, it is no live, its surviving but I also could Not reduce them, because I could Not Deal with strong fear and the symptoms getting more worse, which I think is akathisia. I only could try to accept this with self-compassion  what i am could bear is not enough. Could you understand that? 

Together with my psychotherapist, I have to find and regain my willingness to endure severe anxiety and intensification of symptoms! Since the crash last year, I can't do that anymore! I can't even bear the symptoms, feelings and thoughts I've had since then.

and you think I can reduce my medication without getting akathisia. I am curious to know how this can be done, please explain. Maybe this will bring back my hope and confidence in my own strength, which has also been lost. We make ACT and without him and ACT I would not more be alive, it helps me to deal with strong feelings and thoughts and I could do that really good until the crash last year.

By strategic reductions, you may be able to reduce your drug burden without triggering what you call akathisia.

That would be great, if possible. I could not reduce Prozac, not even one mg, without become these symptoms

Let's pretend for a moment that if I try to reduce Prozac, it's acathisia that I'm getting, what should I do? I can't take it for long. It is hell on earth to bear it!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

You are taking too many sedating drugs which I have provided the drug interaction in the post below.  Instead of reducing Prozac it would probably be better to reduce one of the sedating drugs first.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@Onmyway

That is more as the most people Do. You see me, you see  my suffer and how I suffer and you feel with me. I See you too and I see your suffer and I feel with you. 

I was myself active for a long time as a counsellor in Facebook weaning groups and in a German weaning forum. Before I gave anyone advice, I always expressed my sympathy first. I am a Buddhist in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh and there it is called mindful listening and loving speech. 

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

Pharma-History:

@ChessieCatIt would be great, if possible. 

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

As well as understanding the drug interaction of your drugs that I posted before I suggest that you do your own research about the possible side effects of every drug you are currently taking.  That might help you to work out what drug to try reducing first.

@AltostrataCould you tell me, why I cannot see your signature, what you have tapered? t's a bit irritating when you ask for a signature when you don't have one yourself, for whatever reason. Maybe it would be helpful to create one with a note that you have made it, that would surely give courage and confidence to many.

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I do have a signature.  Can you see other members' signatures?  There might be a setting that you need to change. 

OR you might have accidentally clicked on the little grey "x".  If this is what has happened you will need to click on your name at the top right of the screen, Accounts Settings from the drop down, on the right under Other Settings > Ignored Users > if my name is there it will appear like the following example, click on the cog next to the arrow and Stop Ignoring User

Users Currently Being Ignored:

Bullitt1968

• Signature

• Moderator Emeritus

This is my signature:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED   (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq      on 13th November 2021

Woohoo!!!  Finally off Pristiq    Post 0 updates start here

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions. 

Please DO NOT TAG me - thank you.

@ChessieCatYes I can see the signature of other members and I can know see your signature, I overlooked it because it is so short ;-) I am very happy that you have made it through withdrawal! Some can say they climbed Mount Everest and some can say they stopped taking one or more psychiatric drugs. Both are great achievements! Congratulations from me

What I cannot see is the signature of Altossstra

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto also has a signature:

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Here is Alto's topic:  about-altostrata-11-years-of-protracted-antidepressant-withdrawal-syndrome

@ChessieCatI could not see it, strange 🤔

Pharma-History:

@ChessieCatI have expressed myself in a misleading way. I meant a history of psychotropic drugs and withdrawal.

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I have translated Altostrata's story into German for you.  Here is the Google docs link:

Altostrata's story - German

Edited by ChessieCat

@ChessieCatThank You! That is great! 🙂 She also have written a book, I think.

Pharma-History:

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

I plan to reduce the pregabalin. I have been taking it for about a year, which is the shortest time I have been taking it. It also has blurred vision as a side effect. But I don't want to stop taking it for longer than I have been taking it. That would not make sense, because it would increase the dependence, as I read in the new book by Peter Goetzsche: Withdrawal in Theory and Practice.

My question, I take 300 mg, what would be a first reduction?

Pharma-History:

@ChessieCatI cannot download the file, did I need a password?

Pharma-History:

• Administrator

Please post daily notes in the format requested here:

On 9/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, Altostrata said:

Please keep daily notes of times o’clock you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. We need to know how you feel before and after taking each drug, and your symptoms in between. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time o’clock on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are related to your current drug regimen.

And explained in detail here:

On 9/6/2022 at 11:07 PM, ChessieCat said:

This is why Alto is asking for daily symptoms notes:

Keep notes on paper about your daily symptom pattern and drug dosing

Are your symptoms worse at any particular times of day? A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information.

This is an example of what Alto wants you to post every day, 24 hours at a time:

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

@ChessieCatI did not have the same resjult, after using the drug interchecker. Did you use "professional" instead of "Consumer"? There are no warnings of life threating

Pharma-History:

@AltostrataI am beginning  today with the list.

Pharma-History:

@ChessieCatI used the drug interchecker and I get other results than you, there ist only moderate warning for each kombination. I used "consumer" do you use "professional"? What should I use?

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I appears that you are not thoroughly reading the information that you have been given.  I suggest that you go back and read all of the posts again.

I posted the following information on page 1 of your topic.  Please read it carefully.

Here are the results from a different drug interaction checker

Medscape Drug Interaction Checker:

Serious - Use Alternative

• fluoxetine + promethazine

fluoxetine will increase the level or effect of promethazine by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2D6 metabolism. Avoid or Use Alternate Drug.

Monitor Closely

• promethazine + fluoxetine

promethazine and fluoxetine both increase QTc interval. Use Caution/Monitor.

• fluoxetine + 5-HTP

fluoxetine and 5-HTP both increase serotonin levels. Modify Therapy/Monitor Closely.

• pregabalin + lorazepam

pregabalin, lorazepam. Either increases effects of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Modify Therapy/Monitor Closely. Coadministration of CNS depressants can result in serious, life-threatening, and fatal respiratory depression. Use lowest dose possible and monitor for respiratory depression and sedation.

• pregabalin + promethazine

pregabalin, promethazine. Either increases effects of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Modify Therapy/Monitor Closely. Coadministration of CNS depressants can result in serious, life-threatening, and fatal respiratory depression. Use lowest dose possible and monitor for respiratory depression and sedation.

• pregabalin + fluoxetine

pregabalin, fluoxetine. Either increases effects of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Modify Therapy/Monitor Closely. Coadministration of CNS depressants can result in serious, life-threatening, and fatal respiratory depression. Use lowest dose possible and monitor for respiratory depression and sedation.

• promethazine + lorazepam

promethazine and lorazepam both increase sedation. Use Caution/Monitor.

Edited by ChessieCat

@ChessieCatI used this, which Altostrata has linked me and there are other results, only moderate interaction. Irritating, that are there different results between interactions-checker.

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

Pharma-History:

@ChessieCat

These are my results:

Drug Interaction checker without doxepin

Drug Interaction Report

9 potential interactions found for the following 4 drugs:

Major (0)

Moderate (5)

Minor (0)

Food (3)

Therapeutic Duplication (1)

Interactions between your drugs

Moderate

LORazepam  promethazine

Applies to: lorazepam, promethazine

Using LORazepam together with promethazine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

FLUoxetine  promethazine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), promethazine

FLUoxetine may increase the blood levels and effects of promethazine. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience increased side effects. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

LORazepam  pregabalin

Applies to: lorazepam, pregabalin

Using LORazepam together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

FLUoxetine  pregabalin

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), pregabalin

Treatment with FLUoxetine may occasionally cause blood sodium levels to get too low, a condition known as hyponatremia, and using it with some anticonvulsants can increase that risk. In addition, FLUoxetine can cause seizures in susceptible patients, which may reduce the effectiveness of medications that are used to control seizures such as pregabalin. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring to safely use both medications. You should seek medical attention if you experience nauseavomitingheadachelethargy, irritability, difficulty concentrating, memory impairment, confusion, muscle spasm, weakness or unsteadiness, as these may be symptoms of hyponatremia. More severe cases may lead to hallucination, fainting, seizure, coma, and even death. Also let your doctor know if you develop seizures or experience an increase in seizures during treatment with FLUoxetine. Additionally, because these medications may cause dizziness, drowsiness, and impairment in judgment, reaction speed and motor coordination, you should avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how they affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

promethazine  pregabalin

Applies to: promethazine, pregabalin

Using promethazine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs. However, this does not necessarily mean no other interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.

Drug and food interactions

Moderate

LORazepam  food

Applies to: lorazepam

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of LORazepam such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with LORazepam. Do not use more than the recommended dose of LORazepam, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

FLUoxetine  food

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine)

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of FLUoxetine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with FLUoxetine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of FLUoxetine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

pregabalin  food

Applies to: pregabalin

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of pregabalin such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with pregabalin. Do not use more than the recommended dose of pregabalin, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic duplication warnings

Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.

Duplication

Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category to be taken concurrently is usually three. Your list includes four medicines belonging to the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category:

• Prozac (fluoxetine)
  • lorazepam
  • promethazine
  • pregabalin

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Report options

Share by QR Code

Drug Interaction Classification

These classifications are only a guideline. The relevance of a particular drug interaction to a specific individual is difficult to determine. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting or stopping any medication.Major

Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.

Moderate

Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.

Minor

Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.

Unknown

No interaction information available.

Learn more

Pharma-History:

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

Daily Notes survivingantidepressants forum 09.09-2022

06:00 Awake with severe anxiety, severe body cramps, goose bumps, shivering waves through the body, tightness in the chest, abdominal pain, severe inner restlessness, blurred vision.

Medication: 2 mg lorazepam, 60 mg Prozac, 300 mg pregabalin
Nutrients: 5,000 i.e. vitamin D3+K2, B-complex

06:30 Anxiety almost gone. Tinnitus quieter, chest tightness gone, shivering waves gone, body cramps gone, goose bumps and tingling less, inner restlessness less.

Increase in concentration problems, memory, difficulty finding words when writing.

7:00 Increase in stomach pains, intestinal cramps, slight tiredness

8:30 stronger anxiety (trigger admission Charite)

9:00 Anxiety gone again, increase in intestinal cramps (constipation) 
Intake: 2 Buscopan plus (paracetamol)

Without distraction, strong circling of thoughts and brooding, which triggers anxiety.

9:55 Increase in inner restlessness and tension (writing an emotional post for my blog).

10:00 showered Increase in anxiety, tightness in chest, inner restlessness, tension (trigger thoughts in shower: I won't survive this, I'll never get rid of the medication, I can't take this any longer, I want to be dead, I don't stand a chance. I lack any willingness to suffer more than I do now. severely depressed, severe abdominal pain, numbness of body, sedation.

10:40 more severe abdominal pain. Hopelessness, despair, faintness have been spreading since the shower (trigger thoughts). Obviously it is much more the depression that keeps me from leaving the house than the anxiety.

Since 11 am stronger stomach-arm cramps (eating oat bread), since then even more depressed, desperate, fainting, some anxiety again. 

12:00 h 100 mg promethazine, 1 mg lorazepam, 200 mg magnesium, 300 mg5-HTP

14:00 hrs 1 mg Tavor because of strong feeling, no anxiety, depression? 
Strong tension of muscles consciously to endure the intense feeling. Laid down in bed, pain in legs (promethazine?)

16:00 hrs Strong restlessness, tension, cramping, little fear, fell asleep.

17:00 hrs Condition as in the morning after waking up, strong anxiety, strong cramps in the body, 100 mg pregabalin added in the hope that it would improve the condition!

17:30 h better

18:00 hrs 1 mg Lorazepam, 300 mg 5-HTP, 200 mg magnesium

sedated, calm, frozen, paralysed

23:00 500 mg Gaba, lavender before sleep.

I'm not sure yet, but I think the promethazine increases the symptoms like inner restlessness, tension, muscles, cramps. I know there is a rebound, I think the promethazine should be reduced.

Today I changed it and take the Promethazin to night.

Should I go on with daily notes? I am shure, that the promethazin is not good in this high Dosis of 100 mg , before the crash I took only 10mg to sleep. So I will start to reduce Promethazin, from 100 mg to 90 mg vor 4 weeks.

Pharma-History:

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, ChessieCat said:

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs.

@ChessieCat

I understood that, it's just very difficult for me to do it because I have severe cognitive failures and concentration difficulties. 

I have a question: If I have taken a lorazepam in the afternoon, as I did yesterday before going to sleep, and then wake up 2 hours later with panic, I don't understand that, because the lorazepam is in and has already taken effect and it also takes longer than 2 hours.

I know that side effects and withdrawal symptoms can also be hours delayed. Promethazine is one of them. It takes a good 2 hours for the side effects to become visible, 2 hours for it to calm down and then the legs start to hurt and then the whole body cramps.

Pharma-History:

• Administrator

So you have been making ad hoc changes in your drugs all the time?

We cannot work with you while you're taking drugs irregularly. This may be causing many of your problems.

Please create a drug schedule that you can stick to, and stop adding in random doses of benzos, pregabalin, etc. We need to see your symptom pattern from that.

Daily Notes survivingantidepressants forum 10.09-2022

07:00 Awake with severe anxiety, severe body cramps, goose bumps, shivering waves through the body, tightness in the chest, abdominal pain, severe inner restlessness, blurred vision.

Medication: 2 mg lorazepam, 60 mg Prozac, 300 mg pregabalin
Nutrients: 5,000 i.e. vitamin D3+K2, B-complex

07:30 no anxiety,  restlessness less.

08:30 breakfast

9:00 heavy stomach pain  
Intake: 2 Buscopan plus (paracetamol)

9:55 Increase in inner restlessness and tension (writing an emotional post for my blog).

12:00 1 mg lorazepam, 200 mg magnesium, 300 mg5-HTP (promethazine moved to evening)

12:30 sedated, no fear, stomach ache (lunch), frozen and paralysed in my chair

18:00 1 mg Lorazepam, 300 mg 5-HTP, 200 mg magnesium

stomach pain

23:00 500 mg Gaba, lavender, 100 mg Promethazin before sleep.

stomach pain

Today I changed it and take the Promethazin to night.

Should I go on with daily notes? I am shure, that the promethazin is not good in this high Dosis of 100 mg , before the crash I took only 10mg to sleep. So I will start to reduce Promethazin, from 100 mg to 90 mg vor 4 weeks.

Pharma-History:

@AltostrataI am sorry, but if I get severe anxiety and panic because of a trigger (thoughts and feelings, event) then I will take the benzodiazepine straight away. I don't do this to myself any longer, to endure this intense anxiety and panic., it is dangerous, I get suicide thougts and akathisia like symptoms, before I do anything to myself , I take then benzos.

Pharma-History: