itsdanielleslife: Pregabalin

itsdanielleslife

Hi,

it seem the fb pregabalin group run by Amy Ireland has sadly closed down. It directed me to here.

I take 100mg pregabalin in a morning and 75mg at night. 

I want to slowly come off it. 

for the first drop is it ok to go down to 75mg in a morning? (Straight from 100mg) 

• ChessieCat changed the title to itsdanielleslife: Pregabalin

Dear @itsdanielleslife

welcome to SA. Indeed the Facebook group has set up a little camp here and you can find them here: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26539-beyondgabapentinoids-transitioning-members-from-lyrica-survivors-fb-group/

This group is different. This is your introduction topic and you will post all things related to your case here so we keep a case history and can advise you. We also have moderators (like me) who can help you with questions about tapering and answer your questions here. You can also post on other people's threads and give them encouragement and support or in the symptoms thread to discuss a specific symptom. 

First things first, we would like to ask you to create a drug signature. It helps us have your history at a glance and advise you better (some of these threads can get very long and we can't go and read it every time and may miss details, so the signature helps us avoid that. 

How to List Drug History in Signature - Introductions and updates - Surviving Antidepressants

We would strongly discourage you from dropping 14% of your dosage at once. Here are our tapering guidelines. We recommend dropping your dose by no more than 10% of your previous dose every four weeks. Microtapering (Brassmonkey Slide) is also possible. 

This will help you figure out how to get the right dosage:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2381-tips-for-tapering-pregabalin-lyrica/#comment-23601

Please also have a look here - 

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper by 10% of my dosage? - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper? SERT transporter occupancy studies show importance of gradual change in plasma concentration - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

We recommend you avoid alcohol or other psychoactive substances during withdrawal as our system gets sensitized and they make things worse. However, we do recommend Magnesium and Omega-3 as many members (not all) find them helpful. If you want to try them, start with  a low dose. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Again, welcome to SA. If you do this right - i.e. slowly, using the 10% method, you might avoid unpleasant withdrawal symptoms altogether. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate