YamsAreGood: Hypomania

YamsAreGood

I was feeling good on my combination of Cipralex and Wellbutrin, but was still experiencing tiredness. I consulted a Naturopath and went on Omega 3s, Vitamin D and a probiotic. I experienced what I felt was serotonin syndrome so to get relief I stopped wellbutrin. However, I do not feel alert and had tunnel vision. To the point I dont feel like I should drive. I took Wellbutrin again to circumvent these feelings, but now again am feeling crazy. Like my nervous system is overactive. I feel like I am in limbo of serotonin syndrome and antidepressants withdrawal. I feel crazy. How can I get some relief?

• ChessieCat changed the title to YamsAreGood: Hypomania

@YamsAreGood

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer ran site that helps members taper off psychotic medications, or have tapered off and are now healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members. We ask that you only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First can you please create a signature.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Did you stop both Cipralex and Wellbutrin all at once? What doses were you on? We don't ever suggest you stop your medications all at once, especially both of them. We suggest a gradual 10% taper per month and some members go a lot slower.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

You could try to reinstate the Wellbutrin at 1 mg and see if that helps. It will take 7-10 days for it to reach full levels in your body. You can always go up a little if necessary. Then you would hold at that dosage for quite a while before thinking of tapering. 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off buproprion (Wellbutrin, SR, XR, XL)

What is withdrawal syndrome?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here is a link on all the withdrawal symptoms you could endure by stopping your medications.

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Vitamin D can be very activating. If you are going to take it, I suggest you take it in the morning. We only suggest 2 supplements because most are stimulating to the nervous system. Since you are already taking Omega, you could try a small amount of Magnesium and see if that would help.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

After you read these links please reach out to us with any questions you may have.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.