Mole25: My Success Story from Mo

Hi there,

I am 68 yrs old and have been off the ADs (anti-depressants) since end of 2017 after tapering very very slow from Citropram (I think this spelt wrong). I originally took the stuff at the beginning of 2016 after a setback regarding panic attacks. I had been personally mobbed in a company together with other guys. Then I was forced to look for another job 2-3 yrs later. And companies wanted me. Oh sh..... I knew I could not work again. So I became ill and was force in a clinic to take these horrible drugs. 

These Ads have caused havoc in my life. Overreacting to everything with brain zaps, sweating and headaches, severe stomach pains (the vagus nerve is overreacting here). Just laying next to my hubby - he swallows - I just jump out of my skin. The sound of the bed quilts startled me. Moving to the side or turning back caused zaps. My "Charlie" wanted me to stay in bed all day.

No, Charliem I will get on with my life ( I said loudly)

I read lots of books on this. One was to plan your day. I did voluntary work, I went walking, carried on with my hobbies, including art and belly dancing. Met my friends in spite of Charlie.

Now I love my life.

And  I finish with my message. DO NOT GIVE UP. Your life will come back. BUT you must do something about it. Eventually your love of life will take over and eliminate your "Charly".

And if you need some encouragement, do not hesitate to contact me. Mo.

Edited by getofflex

November  2016 Panic Attacks, severe nausea

December  2016 short stay in hospital

Citalopram 20 mg 

January      2017 tapering Citalopram due to side effects: hallucinations, no sleep

Psychologist refuses to help me                        

January - 

August        2017 Using water method, reducing by approx. 10% 2-3 weeks 

At 1 mg Citalopram Withdrawal symptoms including dizzyness, neck pains, 

diarrohea. 

Supplements: Fish Oil Omega, Vitamins, Ashwagandha and now Magnesium

• Moderator Emeritus

Link to Mole's Introduction Thread

Mole, congratulations for getting off of Citalopram, and working so hard to get your life back!  You are indeed an inspiration for me, and will be for many others on this forum as well.  

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Mole25: My Success Story from Mo
  • Mentor

Congratulations @Mole25👏👏 Well done!

All the best to you.

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.