Mole25

2 hours ago, eboyd said:

Hi Mole,

Other than the emotional roller coaster ride I am usually on, my physical symptoms have been tolerable for a little over a week now.  Waves usually hit hard when my hormones change.  I have about 10 more good days (I hope) before I will probably be bedridden for 2 weeks again.  That seems to be the pattern.  I just rest the whole time.  I am not able to do much physically during that time.  At least my windows are lasting a couple of weeks now.  It would be great if my emotions would stabilize better, though.  I get irritated very easily and have to take a "time out".  I have never heard of the book Devil's Candy.  May have to look into it.  I hope all is well with everyone!

Hi mole. Hope your window is still good. If it helps,  I too get irritated,  and after I snap and act bad,  then I take my time out to consider all the destruction! 

I need to take a lesson from you🤐😜

This is the best of my recollection.

20 mg Prozac 3-4 days per week from 1994 until May 2018.

Beginning May 15 I began to drop doses. 

I dropped 1 dose per week for the next 4 weeks.

It was not systematic at all. I don't have which days I took what.

so the week of May 13 I took 4 doses, which was pretty normal for me.

Then the week of May 20 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The week of May 27 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The 1st week in June l took 2 doses 20 mg.

The week of June 10, 2018 was my last dose 20 mg.

I had been on Prozac only for over 20 years.  No other medications.

Keep keeping on, Tweet.  It does get better.  One day you will look forward to something or will be hit with how much you love and adore your husband.  I almost divorced mine because of how negatively I was feeling towards him.  But he has been there with me through this.  He takes care of everything when I can't.  And he still loves even when I don't want anything to do with him.  Eventually I got slapped in the face with love towards him, love I haven't felt in so many years.  Now, whenever I feel I don't love him anymore, I just remind myself that it is just part of the process and to not do anything rash at this time.  I hope you will be able to get sleep soon.  I don't struggle with insomnia very much any more.  I am sleeping about 9 hours a night now, especially since I am not working at this time.  That helps a lot.  Mornings haven't been bad lately either.  I have had more energy this window and it is still going.  I am hopeful I don't have much longer to go and I won't have to fear the waves that hit me.  

I wish healing for everyone.  This is not a fun thing to go through and the only people who understand are the ones who are also going through it.  I am thankful to have been able to connect with everyone on this site.  

P.S.  They had a buy on get one sale on my favorite salsa at the grocery store.  I am sad because I ate both containers already.  Lol

2002-2008 On and off Effexor XR 75mg 

2010 Effexor XR 75mg Trazadone 150mg

2012 Abilify 5mg and Buspar added increased Effexor XR 150mg quick taper after 6 months due to pregnancy.

2014 Reinstate Effexor XR 75mg increase to 150mg, 150mg Trazadone, Buspar, Abilify 5mg. Quick taper after about 1 year from Effexor, Abilify, and Buspar.

2018 Trazadone taper over 1 month

2018 Attempted Effexor reinstatement due to digestive distress 37.5 mg.  Failed 2xs after 4 days.  Gastro preacribed Elavil 2 weeks later.  Failed after 2 days.  3 days later full withdrawl.

Hi Eboyd,

You are our musician - what do you love to play? Wish I were living near you - I would love to come to your concert - I love Classical music. I love Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2. So pleased you are doing well. It could be that no more waves come!!

Yes, my husband supports me so well. I am sometimes short-tempered and I can not discuss with him - this causes too much nervousness. He is also a keeper/hoarder - even saves old plastic bags!

Today - we did not go to Church but rested. I did my Dr. Joe and baked a sweet bread - without getting nervous. But this evening - cor! I had a real nasty attack of Charly. I put myself under pressure by trying to work with an Excel-chart (I was so good at this before)

Two containers of Salsa - this hot stuff -  I think it would kill me!!! 😉

Tweet - wow - this is great you are painting : Leonardi de Vinci said that Water colours are the most difficult medium - so spontaneous und unpredictable. 

I am in a "portrait phase". I use pastille chalks (hope this is right cos my English is going down the drain), acryllic and oil paints. I taught art for a while, although I have no degree.

Tweet - can you attach a file/painting here? - would love to see your work. Gosh, if you were up the road from me - we could paint together!!

Eboyd - when you play music - try it when you are not doing well and Tweet - when you paint -   you are both in mindfulness - in the NOW!!! and there is no time for ruminating thoughts (gosh I have those sometimes)

PS I am 64 yrs years old, retired, have two lovely daughters whom I brought up alone and 2 grandchildren from my oldest daughter. And a lovely husband.

Take care, and I wish you both Windows and Windows .....

November  2016 Panic Attacks, severe nausea

December  2016 short stay in hospital

Citalopram 20 mg 

January      2017 tapering Citalopram due to side effects: hallucinations, no sleep

Psychologist refuses to help me                        

January - 

August        2017 Using water method, reducing by approx. 10% 2-3 weeks 

At 1 mg Citalopram Withdrawal symptoms including dizzyness, neck pains, 

diarrohea. 

Supplements: Fish Oil Omega, Vitamins, Ashwagandha and now Magnesium

I really like to play Irish Folk, classical, some baroque period, along with a mixture of modern tunes.  It depends on my mood, I guess.  We are doing a decent amount of show tune pieces for the summer season along with some patriotic medleys.   Not sure I would be able to play during a wave since I am super sensitive to light and sound during that time.  I usually have a bad migraine the whole time.  Very unpleasant.  

I have 3 daughters...one is a teen.  It gets scary in my house.  Lol.  

2002-2008 On and off Effexor XR 75mg 

2010 Effexor XR 75mg Trazadone 150mg

2012 Abilify 5mg and Buspar added increased Effexor XR 150mg quick taper after 6 months due to pregnancy.

2014 Reinstate Effexor XR 75mg increase to 150mg, 150mg Trazadone, Buspar, Abilify 5mg. Quick taper after about 1 year from Effexor, Abilify, and Buspar.

2018 Trazadone taper over 1 month

2018 Attempted Effexor reinstatement due to digestive distress 37.5 mg.  Failed 2xs after 4 days.  Gastro preacribed Elavil 2 weeks later.  Failed after 2 days.  3 days later full withdrawl.

9 hours ago, eboyd said:

Keep keeping on, Tweet.  It does get better.  One day you will look forward to something or will be hit with how much you love and adore your husband.  I almost divorced mine because of how negatively I was feeling towards him.  But he has been there with me through this.  He takes care of everything when I can't.  And he still loves even when I don't want anything to do with him.  Eventually I got slapped in the face with love towards him, love I haven't felt in so many years.  Now, whenever I feel I don't love him anymore, I just remind myself that it is just part of the process and to not do anything rash at this time.  I hope you will be able to get sleep soon.  I don't struggle with insomnia very much any more.  I am sleeping about 9 hours a night now, especially since I am not working at this time.  That helps a lot.  Mornings haven't been bad lately either.  I have had more energy this window and it is still going.  I am hopeful I don't have much longer to go and I won't have to fear the waves that hit me.  

I wish healing for everyone.  This is not a fun thing to go through and the only people who understand are the ones who are also going through it.  I am thankful to have been able to connect with everyone on this site.  

P.S.  They had a buy on get one sale on my favorite salsa at the grocery store.  I am sad because I ate both containers already.  Lol

Thank you for the encouragement.  My poor husband! Your husband sounds wonderful! Give him a kiss 😘

Yes,  I too dont want to make any major life decisions right now. Oddly,  I have made more jam and salsa and have not had any anxiety with it.  Guess that shows improvement.  If you run out of salsa try looking up "wonderful salsa" recipe on the internet.  That's what I use and 1 batch makes 14-15 jars inside of 1.5 hours.  Not bad!

Cant send pics of my art but I love outdoor hunting and fishing scenes.  

I have all boys and that's what they like to see.  Right now I am doing a pair of shoveler drakes in the foggy marsh. 

We live in a big hunting and fishing area on the Texas coast. 

I sincerely hope that you are indeed almost done with your suffering. I am glad your morniongs are improving. 

A weird thing happened to me this morning: I woke up  feeling completely normal!  It has lasted all day.  Praising the LORD for  this and heres hoping it will last forever! 

Although if it is just a better window I will take that,  too.... 

Healing to you,  Eboyd!

Healing to us all😀

3 hours ago, eboyd said:

I really like to play Irish Folk, classical, some baroque period, along with a mixture of modern tunes.  It depends on my mood, I guess.  We are doing a decent amount of show tune pieces for the summer season along with some patriotic medleys.   Not sure I would be able to play during a wave since I am super sensitive to light and sound during that time.  I usually have a bad migraine the whole time.  Very unpleasant.  

I have 3 daughters...one is a teen.  It gets scary in my house.  Lol.  

Hey,  Mole

I have 3 boys and no daughters.  My youngest is 19. He and his 23 year old brother still live with my husband and I. 

They pretty much look at each other and shake their head when I am emotional in a female way.  My husband's family had all boys too.. Many times I wish I had more backup for my female drama around here lol. 

Your music sounds so interesting. You must be really good,  too!

Wishing you a long and happy window that will last a lifetime😊

Hi Eboyd and Tweet,

This morning as usual a wave but I could cope and get the washing done. Every bang or the neighbours scare me. In the book Devils Candy it is so true - your feelings have nothing to do with reality. My neighbour appeared in the washing cellar and I was as calm as anything.

Tweet - I do not play music - can not read notes, but I paint to music  - start off with Rachmaninov No. 2 and when I am so confident towards the end of the painting (my paint brush tells me where to put the paint) I finish off with heavy rock.😄

Eboyd - I love Irish music and I can do an Irish Jig - not only belly dancing. Yes, I know sound sensativity. My husband tip toes and he sounds like an elephant.😂

Now, please tell me if our conversation can be read by others. Would like to send you my email address. Or do I go under PM, so we can talk more privately. Then I could receive your paintings as an attachement on an email.  I could send you my paintings. Tweet.  I am dying to see your work. I am starting up a painting group over here. 

Interesting Eboyd has 3 girls and Tweet has 3 boys.

Off to buy my new overlock sewing machine tomorrow. The old one caused me a lot of stress during a wave ydy - It pulled the material and cut off the material close to the seam of my trousers and nearly ruined them. I can not cope with such stress. 

Take care, just off to read The Times online and see what Boris Johnson is getting up too.

Mole in the Hole  (my name is symbolic - means it is dark in here) but light will come!!!!!

Citalopram 20 mg 

January      2017 tapering Citalopram due to side effects: hallucinations, no sleep

January - 

diarrohea. 

Bye bye - I wish you all the best and more windows, Mole

Citalopram 20 mg 

January - 

diarrohea. 

I like your name's meaning. 

Hey Mole,  is Devils Candy a book? Who is the author?

Ok.  I just found it on Amazon.  

Does reading it trigger your anxiety Mole? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mole,

Just checking in to see how things are going. Did you get your new machine?

How are your waves and windows these days?

• 3 years later...

@Tweet hi did you ever find the book @mole25 was talking about? i cant find it , hope all is well 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex locked this topic