TruthSeeker91: My story

TruthSeeker91

• Mentor
17 hours ago, TruthSeeker91 said:

However, anxiety and depression are still bothersome, particularly after dark and when I consider all the things I have to do.

That's it, at least I'm not getting worse.

Hi TruthSeeker

Its very common to feel more anxious around sunset--its called "sundowner's syndrome" and is tied to hormonal and circadian rhythms.  That's good because you know its just a physical symptom and will fade.  Feeling overwhelmed by a list of to-do's is also common--its a form of catastrophizing--thinking you have such a huge list of things to do, you'll never get through them and just fall farther behind.  Its just a form of anxious thinking and just takes some self-talk to put things in perspective.  

So glad to hear you're doing better.  Every day is a day closer to reccovery.

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• 2 months later...

Hello. I just wanted to say that I’m doing very well. The stressful event I was expecting was not stressful at all.

I could say that I’m almost (if not completely) recovered. The only issue that drives me crazy is tinnitus, but I think I could have other underlying conditions that might be contributing, I’ll treat them.

I’m still on my 50 mg daily dose, and it has been working, however, I have noticed that if I take it just a few hours after my usual time, I start feeling bad really quickly. So I think I’m on a very delicate situation.

Well… That’s it.

June 2015 - June 2015. Desvenlafaxine 50 mg. This drug caused serious unwanted effects, OCD and anxiety.

June 2015 - Jan 2020. Sertraline 50 mg.

Jan 2020 - Mar 2021. Sertraline 25 mg.

Mar 2021 - Dec 2021. Sertraline 12.5 mg.

Sep 2021 - Discontinued all medications and was "medically discharged".

Dec 2021 - Withdrawal syndrome along with crucial life decision. Anxiety returned.

April 2022 - Symptoms become unbearable.

May 2022 - Jan 2023. Resumed Sertraline 50 mg.

Jan 2023 - Jun 2023. Tapered from 38.5 to 6.25 mg and discontinued.

Sep 5th, 2023. Reinstated. Sertraline 6.25 mg, Sep 9, 2023. Sertraline 12.5 mg

Third week of September. Sertraline 50 mg