Recovery from Antidepressants/ An Interview with Melissa

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

From a channel with a health professional licensed in the U.S  doing the interview.   Definitely a good guy, great doctor.   I especially liked towards the end, where they talked about the terms we use and how we(patients and the doctors we might see)need to alter them.  Like for me.  Over 6 years, 6 months out now, or off my last psychotropic/psychiatric drug.  I want to try and remember to use "psychiatric drug induced neurological dysfunction" with the caveat that I'm hopeful and still healing but do have Waves on occasion.  PDIND for short, and still needs work I guess, the term.  PD plus IND.   I cannot always locate the whys to that, my Waves,..... but I do know I always get back to what I regard as my baseline now.  And eventually my hope would be all medical professionals "get it" and understand just what we deal with, and act and treat us accordingly.  Rather than pull out the prescription pads and dismiss us, gaslight us.

Enjoy.  It's about an hour but really good as it's so hopeful.  Empowering.  Hope it comes through okay.  Healing and understanding sent to all.

Edited by manymoretodays
took out the doctors name from my introduction to the video, it came from a youtube channel, and so will just go with how it was labeled

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy