Serenyd: Cymbalta w/d after CT in April 2023

Serenyd

On 3/26/2024 at 1:03 PM, LotusRising said:

I haven't heard of withdrawal from vitamins. I wonder if maybe you are just deficient? But yes, they can influence neurotransmitter pathways for sure. What symptoms did you get when you stopped them?

If it were me, I would cut the dose again and see how I felt after two weeks. Did symptoms settle out after two weeks with your last reduction? - that might be your guide.

I hear you about being terrified, but one step at a time. What was the reason for tapering the propanolol first?

I feel like I'm making slow progress. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and cut my propanolol dose again soon. I definitely felt better after a few days after the last cut but I don't love how irritable and unstable I felt for those days. 

Stopping B vitamins I saw an increase in my anxiety and crying/depression. 

Tapering propanolol first was a suggestion made by another mod since tapering the flexeril has been really hard. I'm only on 5 mg but tapering from 7.5 to 5 mg was super tough. I'm hoping as I stabilize it will get easier, but I'm aware it could go the other way since I've been on it 7 months at this point. I'm about 1-year post-Cymbalta cold turkey at this point. 

2017 Paxil about 2-3 weeks

2021 Klonopin 3 weeks off and on and started Cymbalta 20 mg in Aug

2022 Percocet and Gabapentin for about 12 weeks after surgery

2023 April CT Cymbalta, was on 50 mg went to 30 mg and 2 months later to 20 mg for 1 week 

2023 October 1  flexeril 5-10 mg 2023 October 12 propanolol 10 mg, then increased to 20 mg. 

2023 October 22 Ativan 0.5 mg 

9 hours ago, Serenyd said:

I feel like I'm making slow progress

Slow progress is still forward progress, so I would consider it as a positive :) 

Stopping B vitamins I saw an increase in my anxiety and crying/depression. 

Did these symptoms pass, or have they continued?

Tapering propanolol first was a suggestion made by another mod since tapering the flexeril has been really hard.

Ah yes, I see. That makes sense.

I'm only on 5 mg but tapering from 7.5 to 5 mg was super tough.

I wonder if this could be compounded to make smaller cuts? Did we already talk about this?

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

1 minute ago, LotusRising said:

Slow progress is still forward progress, so I would consider it as a positive :) 

Did these symptoms pass, or have they continued?

They got better once I got back on the B vitamins, I guess I don't see any point in stopping them, except I need to get off biotin before my doctor checks my thyroid labs next. Withdrawals and rapid weight loss really messed with my thyroid hormones. And then my doctor erroneously diagnosed me with hyperthyroidism (from overmedication) because he didn't believe that Cymbalta CT could cause that bad of symptoms weeks out. And then the biotin can make it seem like you're hyperthyroid when you're not, which I knew, but I forgot, you know, because I have brain damage. 

1 minute ago, LotusRising said:

Ah yes, I see. That makes sense.

I wonder if this could be compounded to make smaller cuts? Did we already talk about this?

Yes, the compounding pharmacy I get my slow-release T3 from said they could do a suspension in oil that would last 180 days. They also told me how to make my own with water. I could probably do it now that my brain isn't so scrambled, but I'd kind of prefer to have a professional do it so I don't risk screwing up, or risk one of my kids deciding to drink it because I don't have an appropriate childproof container. Thankfully flexeril isn't a controlled substance or expensive, but it's in the tricyclic antidepressant class which I didn't understand, I just knew it made me feel better and allowed me to sleep and function better when I was in acute withdrawal. Apparently, it failed as an antidepressant, but worked well as a muscle relaxer, so that's how they marketed it. 

2017 Paxil about 2-3 weeks

2021 Klonopin 3 weeks off and on and started Cymbalta 20 mg in Aug

2022 Percocet and Gabapentin for about 12 weeks after surgery

2023 April CT Cymbalta, was on 50 mg went to 30 mg and 2 months later to 20 mg for 1 week 

2023 October 1  flexeril 5-10 mg 2023 October 12 propanolol 10 mg, then increased to 20 mg. 

2023 October 22 Ativan 0.5 mg 

22 hours ago, Serenyd said:

And then my doctor erroneously diagnosed me with hyperthyroidism (from overmedication) because he didn't believe that Cymbalta CT could cause that bad of symptoms weeks out.

It's uncomfortable how little they know about this stuff isn't it.

22 hours ago, Serenyd said:

Yes, the compounding pharmacy I get my slow-release T3 from said they could do a suspension in oil that would last 180 days. They also told me how to make my own with water. I could probably do it now that my brain isn't so scrambled, but I'd kind of prefer to have a professional do it so I don't risk screwing up, or risk one of my kids deciding to drink it because I don't have an appropriate childproof container.

This is great that the pharmacy can do this. Takes some pressure off having to do it yourself. 

So, when do you plan on trying to cut the propanolol?

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***