Jesse: Quit Escitalopram Cold Turkey

I started Escitalopram 5mg for around 2 weeks everything was fine, didn’t have any issues. I was bumped up to 10mg around the 2 week mark and a couple days later i had numbness and burning on my forearm so I decided to quit cold turkey. I was fine for over a month but then i started to see withdrawals. I have a loss of touch and i have full body numbness, especially and night if i stay still might entire body will tingle and be completely numb. It’s been around 3 months now since i took my last dose and im not sure what sure what if i should reinstate the drug or just see if it eventually goes away. I just don’t know what to do

Edited by Emonda
Name to title

10/8/2023 Escitalopram 5mg 

10/22/2023 Escitalopram 10mg

10/26/2023 Quit Escitalopram Cold Turkey 

• Administrator

Welcome @JesseT

So the moderators can best help you, please complete your drug signature by following these instructions. Adding a signature ensures your drug history appears at the bottom of every post, making it more efficient for those trying to assist. 

People tend to become dependent on an AD after 4 weeks. If you stop CT after that, you are likely to experience WD symptoms: 

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

You were right on that 4 week period of time. Improvement is likely to occur following a Windows and waves pattern of stabilization. Why not give it a little more time?

This is your own Introduction topic.  Each member has only ONE Introduction topic.  Your own Introduction topic is the best place to ask questions and the place to journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story. 

Once again, welcome to S.A.

Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

Start of taper: Jan ’22 Vortioxetine 15mg, 

End year 1: 4.5mg, 

End year 2: 2.38mg, 

Year 3: 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg, 29 Feb 2.15mg, 7 Mar 2.10mg, 14 Mar 2.06mg, 21 Mar 1.99mg, 10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg, 1 May 1.83mg,

• Emonda changed the title to Jesse: Quit Escitalopram Cold Turkey