zubesto: adverse reaction after taking 1 buspirone 5mg pill which caused overactive bladder and overactiver bowels

hello everyone,

its been more than 5 month i took one buspirone 5mg pill which caused me to have overavtive bladder and some mild overaacyove bowels.at first my overactive bladder was very bad like urgent need to go to toilet after evry 10 minutes but now its been 5 months its better then first few months but i still i feel urgency and pain in pelvic..anyone to guide me...thank you

the reason for me to take buspirone pill was because i was sufferring from anxiety due to fragrances of perfumes,detergents,and toilet soap...these things were causing anxiety to me thats way i used buspirone but it gave overactive bladder and pelvic pain 

Hello, and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. We are a peer support forum to assist in tapering off psychiatric drugs safely, or recovering from psychiatric drug withdrawal.

Your first task is to create a drug signature, with the following:

• All current medication you take, the dose you take, when you started the drug, and when you made dose changes
  • All current supplements you take
  • An accurate history of recent drugs, taken in the last 12-24 months
  • Dates for recent should be written as 7 Oct 2023, or Oct 7 2023, or early Oct 2023, or mid Oct 2023
  • A history of drugs taken 24 months ago and beyond - if applicable
  • Dates for historical drugs can simply be listed as start and stop years
  • Please do not use 07/10/23 // 10/07/23 as this is intepreted differently around the world

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. See my signature for example of clear and concise information.

This topic is for anything relating to you, and any questions you have. Please do not start another topic.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your CURRENT dose each month, to limit withdrawal symptoms. E.g. 10mg --> 9mg --> 8.1mg --> 7.29mg

All the answers you are looking for regarding tapering and antidepressant withdrawal are on this site. Please search around and continue to read as much as you can manage. Use the site search function to search for specific words or phrases, such as drugs or symptoms.

Here are a few of the most useful links:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

1 hour ago, zubesto said:

hello everyone,

its been more than 5 month i took one buspirone 5mg pill which caused me to have overavtive bladder and some mild overaacyove bowels.at first my overactive bladder was very bad like urgent need to go to toilet after evry 10 minutes but now its been 5 months its better then first few months but i still i feel urgency and pain in pelvic..anyone to guide me...thank you

We have a small number of members on the forum who experienced immediate adverse reactions, after just one or a few doses of a drug. Recovery can be slow and often follows the The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization .

It's good that your symptoms have improved somewhat over the last 5 months. I expect they will continue to improve as time passes. What's important now is that you don't take any other psychoactive medication that may stress your system further.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

How long it will take to resolve..i just want to get rid of this sensation...its less intense then first few months..i am heading towards 6th month...how long will it take...any success stories..

2 hours ago, zubesto said:

How long it will take to resolve..i just want to get rid of this sensation...its less intense then first few months..i am heading towards 6th month...how long will it take...any success stories..

Nobody knows how long it will take. Recovery from adverse reactions can be anywhere from 6 months to a few years. It will slowly fade as time passes.

Read success stories here:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forums/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal/

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

@zubesto like you, I became very bad after one pill of an antidepressant. Your reaction to the fragrances of perfumes,detergents,and toilet soap etc indicate a histamine intolerance. I also had that before my one pill. Histamine intolerance develop from gut problems, and yours (overactive bowels and pelvic pain) were worsened after the Buspirone.

I suggest you go to an Ayurvedic doctor in your country for help. Ayurvedic medicine has had thousands of years of experience in treating gut problems that Western medication do not. In fact, Western medication is clueless on this, as I and many have found out after spending a fortune visiting one gastroenterologist after another to no avail. All the best.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...

this site encourage not to take psycohactive medicines but i am having severe anxiety caused by fragrances.can anyone of you tell me any solution about fragrances related anxiety

37 minutes ago, zubesto said:

this site encourage not to take psycohactive medicines but i am having severe anxiety caused by fragrances.can anyone of you tell me any solution about fragrances related anxiety

Avoid using chemicals where possible in early recovery.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

• KenA changed the title to zubesto: adverse reaction after taking 1 buspirone 5mg pill which caused overactive bladder and overactiver bowels

its 6 months now i am better than before which i can feel.first couple of months frequency of urination was worse like i had to go every 10 minutes but now its like it has delayed itself and now i go to urinate after 4 to 5 hours.but some times i get overactive bowels like diherria i hope this gets ok as well soon..because it drains my energy levels for some time or some hours...i am a bodybuilder i used to have 17 inches bicpes..i hope i may continue my bodyuilding...and i hope this resolves soon itself...any advice will be much appreciated...i am not panicked as i was in first 5 months...

my overavtive bladder is mild but i am having overactive bowels sometime.its making me bit worried but i am not panicked..

13 hours ago, zubesto said:

my overavtive bladder is mild but i am having overactive bowels sometime.its making me bit worried but i am not panicked..

Stay patient and healing will come.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

i am not feeling well...i know it will take some time but for now i am feeling bad burning sensation down there in pelvic and bladder...praying to God is the only option because there is no medicine which can reverse it...May Allah (the most mercifull) heal us all...(amen)

i sometime get overactive bowels like 2 to 3 times a day will it dehydrate me or will it cause something serious to me like weight loss or something like that this all started since i took one pill of buspirone

20 hours ago, zubesto said:

i sometime get overactive bowels like 2 to 3 times a day will it dehydrate me or will it cause something serious to me like weight loss or something like that this all started since i took one pill of buspirone

As long as you are drinking plenty water to rehydrate, you will be okay.

Edited by Erimus

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Thank you erimus for replying...

my main issue is sensitivity to fragrance because of this i took buspirone pill and this all started...i am better than before regarding bladder issues but its still there i sometime get overactive bowels specially when i ride a car otherwise normal bowel movements...i am just freaking out that it might kill me something else.... 

7 minutes ago, Erimus said:

i am using a fragrance free soap made by dove thats ok but there is no fragrance free laundry detergent in my country which i can use any solution for clothes because i cannot wear clothes which are washed with fragrance laundry detergents...

11 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Can we chat on whastapp please if you dont mind 

2 minutes ago, zubesto said:

i am using a fragrance free soap made by dove thats ok but there is no fragrance free laundry detergent in my country which i can use any solution for clothes because i cannot wear clothes which are washed with fragrance laundry detergents...

Not sure I can help with that. Perhaps hand washing in hot water?

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

15 minutes ago, Erimus said:

are you sure it will not affect my health if i get overavtive bowels movements which is similar to overactive blader...or will it make me loose weight or something else ?

2 hours ago, zubesto said:

are you sure it will not affect my health if i get overavtive bowels movements which is similar to overactive blader...or will it make me loose weight or something else ?

I am not a doctor so cannot confidently answer these questions.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS: