CakeLover: Coming off Venlafaxine

CakeLover

Hello!

I have been on varying doses of venlafaxine since 2001 and after trying to reduce sseveral times have managed to get stuck at 112.5mg, which I've been on for several years. I'm hoping that with the help fo the information on here I can eventually come off it completely.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Emonda
Name to title

2001 started on Venlafaxine

20xx dose of 225mg

201x  reduced eventually to 112.5mg

2024 April 102mg

Hello, and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. We are a peer support forum to assist in tapering off psychiatric drugs safely, or recovering from psychiatric drug withdrawal.

This topic is for anything relating to you, and any questions you have. Please do not start another topic.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your CURRENT dose each month, to limit withdrawal symptoms. E.g. 10mg --> 9mg --> 8.1mg --> 7.29mg

All the answers you are looking for regarding tapering and antidepressant withdrawal are on this site. Please search around and continue to read as much as you can manage. Use the site search function to search for specific words or phrases, such as drugs or symptoms.

Here are a few of the most useful links:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ

Micro tapering

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using a scale to weigh and measure doses

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose:  (May 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Hi there - thanks for your replies! I'm taking the XR version - at the moment it's Vencalm. (Sometimes it's Vensir - depends what the local health authority is willing to pay for I think 🤨

One question - the mini-tablets that are inside - can they be taken just as they are if they themselves are not broken down into smaller parts, or do they have to be put in a new capsule? I've had a look on the tapering page and there doesn't seem to be an answer - I understand that anything ground or cut needs to be treated differently, but not sure about the mini-tablets themselves??

20xx dose of 225mg

2024 April 102mg

2 hours ago, CakeLover said:

Hi there - thanks for your replies! I'm taking the XR version - at the moment it's Vencalm. (Sometimes it's Vensir - depends what the local health authority is willing to pay for I think 🤨

One question - the mini-tablets that are inside - can they be taken just as they are if they themselves are not broken down into smaller parts, or do they have to be put in a new capsule? I've had a look on the tapering page and there doesn't seem to be an answer - I understand that anything ground or cut needs to be treated differently, but not sure about the mini-tablets themselves??

I would put the beads back into capsules before taking them.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Thanks, will do!

20xx dose of 225mg

2024 April 102mg

• Emonda changed the title to CakeLover: Coming off Venlafaxine