Immediate adverse reactions to an antidepressant or within a few doses? How long for recovery?

Altostrata

Just now, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

@Belajazi I was suffering from symptoms of an adverse reaction so that is why I ct. But it was not from reinstatement. 
I am sorry you are tapering while having an adverse reaction. I understand none of this is easy.

@ThatOneGirlStitch  i had just change my medication, not reinstainment. 

What was your symptoms of adverse reaction. 

. 2018  took prozac olanzapine for only 3 months . 

2021 took paxil  12.5mg and xanax for year.2023 in july took prozac 25mg and olanzapine 3mg for only 3 days cause akathisia . july 2023 took sertalline 100mg  and olanzapine 2.5mg for a month cause ocd and akathisia . august 2023 took lexapro 5mg only for 2 days cz extreme akathisia .August 2023 took paxil Cr 12.5mg cause agitation  and kolonopin 0.5mgoctober 2023 cut pill haf6.25mg .December 2023 cut 1/4 (3.125mg) coated pill as per psy advice.last December quit cold turkey after 7 days then reinstate(3.125mg).January 2024 contine 3.1mg paxil cr .january 5 -2024 as per psy took pill 3.125mg at other day(skiping days)  for 15dJanuary 20-2024 skiping dose at gap of two days . feb 5-2024 1/4 of paxil cr 3.125 and kolonopin continue 0.5mg also taking pregabalin 100mg from September 2023 till now 

10-feb-2024: switch to home-made 1ml paxil solution. +0.5mg k+100mg pregabalin 

Akathisia, depression, anxiety,throat choking, extreme fear,physical pains.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 3:43 AM, Belajazi said:

@ThatOneGirlStitch  i had just change my medication, not reinstainment. 

What was your symptoms of adverse reaction. 

Going deaf in my left ear, anxiety, loss off appetite, loss of sleep, molten lava burning feeling inside my body.  

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

I think the hardest for me is that I’m SOOOO close, but not there yet, and still question whether I ever will, despite endlessly reading the success stories. Little by little I truly feel the numbness wearing off both emotionally and physically, but it’s just weird not to have a range of emotions, and killing my ego with the libido etc issues. I have had two windows that each lasted a month where things were normal, only to collapse right back to zero. 

Better than 10 months ago when it started. But not there yet. And nobody would ever believe one pill could do all of this. 

also, the weight thing has been so weird. First few months I was so numb I couldn’t feel hungry, so I was the thinnest in years. Then the sugar/carb phase bloated me to my biggest in years. Now I finally feel in control of my eating, when hungry and not hungry, and thank God the cravings are gone, hopefully for good, but I’m left wondering if this weight will ever come off. 

So glad to be able to share. I stopped talking about it to anyone. Hard lesson. I probably wouldn’t believe one pill could do all of this if I didn’t live it myself. 

May 8, 2023

One pill Bupropion sr 150mg

That’s it.

On 4/1/2024 at 2:18 PM, Onepillbupropion said:

I think the hardest for me is that I’m SOOOO close, but not there yet, and still question whether I ever will, despite endlessly reading the success stories. Little by little I truly feel the numbness wearing off both emotionally and physically, but it’s just weird not to have a range of emotions, and killing my ego with the libido etc issues. I have had two windows that each lasted a month where things were normal, only to collapse right back to zero. 

Better than 10 months ago when it started. But not there yet. And nobody would ever believe one pill could do all of this. 

also, the weight thing has been so weird. First few months I was so numb I couldn’t feel hungry, so I was the thinnest in years. Then the sugar/carb phase bloated me to my biggest in years. Now I finally feel in control of my eating, when hungry and not hungry, and thank God the cravings are gone, hopefully for good, but I’m left wondering if this weight will ever come off. 

So glad to be able to share. I stopped talking about it to anyone. Hard lesson. I probably wouldn’t believe one pill could do all of this if I didn’t live it myself. 

I feel like this exactly! I feel so close to recovery and much better than I did from 8.5 months ago when I first came off. Lately though my progress has seemed to stall or at least I feel like it some days where I also begin to wonder if this will now be my new 'normal'. I should've have realized at day 10 of being on the meds and having a vasovagal event accompanied by an extreme burning sensation that it was time to stop taking it. I ended up subjecting myself to the SSRI for a total of 10 weeks in which I got consistently worse, particularly brain zaps. I often wonder how much damage I did to my brain and nervous system by staying on it for so long.  

Whenever I feel that way though, I try to remember how far I have come, in a small way this gives me some hope that there is more healing left to do! Stay strong - our journey is not finished yet. 

On Escitalopram for a total of (10 weeks)

10 mg May 7, 2023(22 days/ 3 weeks) / reduced to 5 mg May 30 (for 22 days/3 weeks) / 3 mg June 21 (for 10 days) / 2 mg July 2 (8 days) / 1 mg July 10 (6 days) / Off mg July 17 2023

Supplements: Omega3 DHA. Take as needed (few times a week / not daily): Vitamin B, Multivitamin. Iron, probiotic, Mag Bisglycinate

Experimented & discontinued Taurine (lowered BP too much), L Carnitine (became lightheaded)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy