acetyl Asenapine (Saphris) Withdrawal hell

acetyl

I've only just now learned of Tim's death.

My condolences to his family and friends, he was a lovely, caring, insightful and intelligent young man who sadly had to endure a tragic ordeal, that much is apparent.

An ordeal which could have and should have been avoided.

Clearly he is and will continue to be missed.

Rest in peace Tim.

December 2008 Prescribed 20mg citalopram (celexa) for depression and OCD.July 2013 stopped taking citalopram (celexa). November 2013 reinstated citalopram (celexa) following replapse at 20mg for 4 weeks, 40mg for 4 weeks and tapered off over 4 weeks as my condition had deteriorated. February 2014 started 20mg of fluoxetine (prozac). Didn't tolerate it and stopped 4 weeks later, experienced no withdrawal. May 2014 started 25mg of sertraline (zoloft), increased to 50mg after 1 week. Remained at 50mg for 4 weeks before increasing to 100mg at the request of my psychiatrist despite advising of suicidal ideation for an additional week before stopping. Advised to drop to 50mg for 3 days before withdrawing altogether. I did as advised and horrendous withdrawal ensued. 11th August 2014 commenced escitalopram (lexapro), weaned off end of October 2014. Commenced Clonazepam December 2014 0.5mg twice daily, switched to Diazepam 10mg twice daily with a view to tapering of the benzodiazepine altogether. Tapering schedule presently at a reduction of 1mg of Diazepam every 1-2 weeks depending upon side effects. So far experienced no severe physical side effects except worsening of PGAD symptoms upon reduction which does seem to improve within a few days of doing so. Presently taking no antidepressants however still experiencing mild agitation, severe depression and PGAD which is currently being treated by a physiotherapist.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acetyl

• Altostrata

• Petunia

• WinningThrough

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in Peace. I went through prestiq w/d cold turkey. Mine lasted almost 3 years. 3 years of hell. I also was on saphris for only 2 months and the w/d's are just stopping. It was hell. It really is too bad to read this story and know this kid lost his life. It really hits home for me and many like me on this forum.

trintellix 1 mg and rexulti .5mg

• scallywag locked this topic