UselessSpork: Mirtazapine withdrawal, from 45 mg down to 3.9 mg

UselessSpork

You are welcome.

:)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UselessSpork

• Hopefull

• freespirit

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mitrazapine Buddy,

How are you travelling?

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

a bit better, hoping it doesnt just go back. what about you?

(November 26 2013) Had a reaction to taking CBD oil and had a panic attack that started this whole thing.

(November 9 2014) 8.6 months on Mirtazapine, started tapering down random amounts.

(January 17 2015) *STOPPED TAKING MIRTAZAPINE* after an unstable 2 month taper.

(February 5 2015) *REINSTATED at 3.9 MG OF MIRTAZAPINE* after nearly 3 weeks of a very unstable windows and waves pattern

(February 5 2015 ) Felt better right away after reinstating, am more stable than i was at 0mg, but am still not as stable as i was PRE-TAPER.

(April 19 2015) After waiting around 2 months from Feb 5 and i started to feel ok enough, i reduced from 3.9 mg to 3.5 mg. then continued to reduce by about .4 mg every 2 or so weeks.

The reductions were going quite smoothly and i wasn't feeling too bad in general... until...

(July 13 2015) Shortly after reducing from 1.9 mg to 1.6 mg i hit a wall and my mood started to become noticeably worse in general

(August 4) after not really improving much i reduced from 1.6 mg to 1.5 mg, and i have been holding ever since.

I feel bad in general these days despite holding, and feel im not too much better than i was during January 17 to February 5 after jumping off at 4 MG.

I am questioning if taking the drug is actually making me worse, i dunno.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hiya Spork ,   good to hear you're a bit better today  :) .

JanCarol wrote a beautiful post on simack's thread and I want to share it with you.  You may relate.

"Think of the Saphris (or any drug for that matter) as a wolf or a bear.

When you are in the wild and you encounter one of these things, the FIRST thing you must do is: KEEP CALM.  (yeah, I know, the meme and all, but it's true)  The next thing you do is DON'T MOVE!

If it is a total standoff and you want to get away, you CANNOT run.  It's you and the bear.  If you run, the bear and wolf have a hard-wired instinct to chase, and you will lose.

The goal in a standoff with a bear is to sneak.

That's what a taper is.  Sneaking away from the wolf.  You've seen a cat stalk - it waits until the prey is not looking, then moves a bit (maybe 10%?)  then it waits.  And waits.  And waits.  Holding will save your life, when you are in a standoff with a bear.  And Saprhis and olanzapine are a bear and a wolf respectively!

Before, you dropped your berries and ran away, and the bear caught up to you.  Didn't work. 

The goal is to sneak the drug out of your system sooooooo slowly that your brain hardly notices it's gone.  And doesn't chuck a wobbly like before"

:ph34r:

btw , you wrote that running home from work made you feel good . . . hope you've been doing more

of that.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks for that fresh, yeh its hit and miss but i do what i can.

(November 26 2013) Had a reaction to taking CBD oil and had a panic attack that started this whole thing.

(November 9 2014) 8.6 months on Mirtazapine, started tapering down random amounts.

(February 5 2015) *REINSTATED at 3.9 MG OF MIRTAZAPINE* after nearly 3 weeks of a very unstable windows and waves pattern

(February 5 2015 ) Felt better right away after reinstating, am more stable than i was at 0mg, but am still not as stable as i was PRE-TAPER.

(April 19 2015) After waiting around 2 months from Feb 5 and i started to feel ok enough, i reduced from 3.9 mg to 3.5 mg. then continued to reduce by about .4 mg every 2 or so weeks.

The reductions were going quite smoothly and i wasn't feeling too bad in general... until...

(July 13 2015) Shortly after reducing from 1.9 mg to 1.6 mg i hit a wall and my mood started to become noticeably worse in general

(August 4) after not really improving much i reduced from 1.6 mg to 1.5 mg, and i have been holding ever since.

I feel bad in general these days despite holding, and feel im not too much better than i was during January 17 to February 5 after jumping off at 4 MG.

I am traveling alright.

It is good to know that you are doing a bit better than previously.

Take care, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i am doing bad again, and still holding. For the last month or so i have been feeling alittle better in general than i was prior to my last few posts here. But within the last week or so i have been slipping back and the last couple days have been awful, i just hope to god im not just going to go back and have to wait another 4 months to feel somewhat better again. i really cant deal with this bullsh-it again ): i have been jogging and going for long walks over the last month and it has been helping noticably. but now when i jog it has almost no effect. i felt i had a tool to cut through this crap.. i felt like anytime i felt crappy i could go jog and i would feel better... it was pretty much garanteed. But now i might feel better for a little short while and go right back to being depressed. it feels like the only thing that has EVER worked for me has been robbed from me. i know i know.. i should just do it and not expect to feel better. But its hard to not expect it to help like it used to. It's been aproximately 4.4 months or 132 days of holding now. why isn't this working?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey US ,   it sounds like it kind of IS working if the last month has been a little better than the ones before.

Cold comfort when you're a week into a wave , I know ,  but that will pass soon.  If the running has been

helping - I wouldn't be too worried about having a few crappy days.  We're not machines , and can't be 100%

consistent.

Sometimes things like Thanksgiving and birthdays can be enough to start a downward spiral.  I always found my

birthday depressing when I felt nothing had improved since the previous one.

If you use the "waves and windows" analogy , put this down to a wave.   Brighter days are just around the corner.

Many happy returns  ,   :wub:

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi U.S

I totally agree with Fresh . If you find that it has been helping even  50 - 80% of the time , just keep it up . It probably is a tool that you can use, but it ( & you ) are not infallible. There are going to be days and weeks where you're off !  Don't let that hold you back . You're always " inching " towards recovery . It sounds like this works for you " most of the time". That's good enough !   :)

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks guys, im really hoping its just a bad wave.. i reaaally am. i have even started having anxiety in my sleep again... its not horrible.. but its there. having anxiety in my sleep is usually a sign bad things are to come. anyways let's hope its just a wave huh ): thanks for replying

I have noticed that during this whole nearly 2 year depressed/ anxious ordeal that if i am moving around i am alot more resistant to getting depressed. I have been really noticing it lately because i have been going on reaaally long walks. i know as soon as i get home and sit down at my computer the fuse is lit, i know that i will most likely get depressed soon. Of course it doesnt always happen, but lately (last 5 months or so) it happens alot more. So basically as long as im walking around or being active im usually fine, but as soon as any inactivity starts the depression creeps in. Today i felt good when i was walking around and when i got home i predictably started getting depressed. my brain slows down and i feel the brain fog settle in. Does anyone else experience this? i know when you are moving you release feel good chemicals, but how much could it be releasing when im simply walking? it has been a problem of mine ever since i started on mirt almost 2 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one tell if they are stable or not if they have always had a windows and wave patterns during their time on antidepressants?

Sadly i must say i am doing just as bad as i was before nov 4, when i said things were a bit better. sigh..... no progress... no improvement.. in 5 months. it is very hard to keep hopeful these days... ): Perhaps this is as stable as i will get? i have very few decent days now, most days are bad. i dont know anymore... back to second guessing myself, yet again >.<

i have been thinking maybe i could try splitting my dose to 0.7 mg every 12 hours instead of 1.5 mg every 24 hours. i notice after taking my dose at night i usually calm down. my sleep is usually fine and my mornings right after getting up are fine. But then after that the trend is my mood will deteriorate as the day goes on... perhaps my brain craving more of the drug? dammit i have no idea. exercise has stopped making me feel better... i feel like im out of options and i need to try something.

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time and the not knowing why can drive us all bonkers.     I too am tapering mirtazapine, along with Lamictal, and it is a strong medication. 

I think your observations around the timing of your meds may be worth trying.    When I first was put Mirt, it helped me in the evening but wasn't carrying through enough into the daytime-enter Lamical.  The Mirtazapine never really helped with my depression overall, it just knocked me out and kept me in a bubble. 

I also wonder if as you exercise you are both strengthening your body but also metabolizing the medication faster?  That maybe when you come back from jogging, you could take that second small dose?

I don't have as much experience as others here but those thoughts came to mind.

Hang in there.  As others said, you are inching your way to becoming med free.

You can do it!

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

thanks Hibari! this mirtazapine **** is awful eh? it's good seeing other people who are trying to get off the same **** as me. i never thought about the fact that maybe im metabolizing the drug faster when im running... hmm interesting. although i think taking more mirt after a run would mess things up. i think tomorrow im going to take a tiny amount of mirt in the morning and see what happens, im hoping it will make me feel better. if it doesn't.... well at least i tried. honestly... im not sure how i keep finding the strength to keep going, if i believed in god i'd say it was divine intervention.

Mirtzapine is awful.  I went shopping yesterday and was stunned at how much weight I have gained and in that particular Mirtazapine way-fluffy.

I hope taking a tiny bit more in the morning helps you through this next patch.   As you said, all you can do is try at this point.

Onward!

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

yeah it made me gain alot of weight, but i liked it since i have always been too skinny heh. but now i am underweight... i think mirt has messed with my metabolism.

Hi Uselessspork,

It must be the healing process.

Yesterday and today I have not been doing that great.

I am experiencing funny head feelings. Panic attacks.

Over stimulation triggers.

Just plain weird.

All you can do Spork is to take one day at time.

It has been over 2 years for me as well.

Take care, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

yeaaah... one day at a time >.< i suppose. i just wished i was getting some progress.

Today started out ok and is now pretty terrible, funny thing is.. yesterday was quite good. during the second half of the day i was totally normal.. felt like i did before any of this depression crap (these days happened alot more before.. but hardly at all nowadays) and now we have today where it has turned back into total crap. why after a good day does it have a high likely hood to take a nose dive and turn into crap again?

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, the windows and waves...But at least you had a better day yesterday, and perhaps now more of those will come.  I am sorry you are stuck in this hell, and it troubles me, as someone who is trying to come off mirt, that getting to those very low dosages really seem to trash people!  Hoping that being on venlafaxine, too, will buffer that since I intend to get off mirt first.  But who knows?

I'm wishing you a window tomorrow!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

hallo squirrel, yeah i'd say im getting trashed alright =/ around 5 months ago i hit a wall while tapering, it has been horrible and i have been holding at this dose ever since. prior to hitting that wall i was doing fine, i was tapering at a good rate.. i had some bad days but quite alot of good ones too. im starting to think this is as stable as i will get. it's just the same crap over and over and over... ill have a garbage time for a while, it will lighten up slightly, then one day i will crash again and go back down again. it seems there is literally zero progress, i have a journal where i score everyday and the quality of my days has not really improved in 5 months. i am really trying to hold on and keep hopeful.... but i am losing it, people tell me to keep holding but this seems so unending and permanent. can someone please share any stories of people suffering this long on a hold and then recovering after? finding the strength to stay positive these days is getting harder and harder >.< i hate being so pessimistic .... it just seems so hopeless, like im destined to stay like this forever. *sigh*

what dose are you at? are you getting as trashed as me?

Hi U.S.

I'm so sorry that you don't feel like you're making progress.  Perhaps if you could do an update , it would help . You have been keeping a journal. If you could share a little of it, in terms of your symptoms, maybe we can all " brainstorm"  what's going on .   It sounds like you're experiencing " windows & waves". That's a good sign . Maybe it's not really " zero " progress, but just not as much as you would like, as quickly as you would like.  That's totally understandable, as this can be such an excruciatingly slow process, and takes so much patience. I do know one of our members held for twelve months, with positive results. How is your sleep , exercise etc?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

well my journal is kind of a mess... pretty much only for me to understand, i could share the scores i give each day i guess. then it could show the spikey moods i have been having. i have been exercising less and just going for more walks. sometimes the jogging makes me worse.. so im taking it easy. As for the sleep its been totally fine, there are sometimes where i have anxious dreams but most of the time my sleep is completely normal, and i wake up feeling normal. more or less my immediate mornings and my nights are decent.. its about an hour or more after waking up and the middle of the day that is the big problem area. most days ill wake up feeling ok then my mood just deteriorates as it goes, and then usually goes up again in the evening and night.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah sleep!  There are many here who'd take what you're dealing with if only they could have your sleep LOL!  And it sounds like there are still a lot of good areas, even though the distress that you are experiencing is all that really matters, of course.  It sounds like you are in a pattern I recognize from others' stories.  Sort of a daily windows and waves pattern. 

Fracking mirt!  Maybe it was that last little 0.1 mg drop you made when you weren't feeling good yet that set this few months of nastiness off.  But I think it is good that you do feel better later in the day and that you can sleep.  I do think you will come out of this and improve, for what it is worth!

Mirt seems to be so cruel at the low end and I have read a lot of stories of reinstatement to the prior dose not working even when done quickly after a crash.  Quite troubling!

Hang on to the positives, and there are some, with sleep, feeling good when you first get up, and feeling better as the day winds down, all good!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

thanks, i try to stay positive and think about the better times. the problem is my brain keeps forgetting... and it doesn't believe me when i say it will get better again.. i mean i effing know it will! yet my brain just keeps focusing on how shi-tty i feel at the current moment. i guess the reason is, when i feel bad i cant possibly imagine what it feels like to feel good. and when i feel good i cant possibly imagine how it feels to feel bad, it seems to work both ways. i just wished i could get used to feeling like crap... and stop suffering from it so much, it feels like the movie groundhog day. i keep replaying the SAAAME STUPID ASININE nihilistic thoughts and feelings everytime i go back down.. even though i dismiss the thoughts everytime and i know the thoughts are dumb and dont make sense... yet here they are.. every.. damn.. time. i equate my brain to a stupid spoiled kid that never learns and always ******* at me about stupid crap i told it over and over again.... i guess it will be kind of funny once im over this lol.

how is your sleep squirrel? do you experience similar issues to me while tapering off mirt? my issues are 100% emotional.. i have like no physical problems at all

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, you had me laughing so you still have your sense of humor!  And yes, it will be funny some day!  I loved the Brain as a spoiled child analogy!

As for me, I'm doing ok.  I am dealing with venlafaxine weirdness from getting sloppy weighing my beads.  I was intending to do my next mirt cut tomorrow but now don't know if I should since I'm having symptoms, not bad but worried doing this cut on top of it will send me over the edge.  My sleep had been fine, but last night I woke at around 4:30.  We live where our property is surrounded by commercial orange groves that run wind machines alll night when we're having freezes, and last night was one of them.   It sounds like helicopters are surrounding the house!  They started before bedtime and I was able to fall asleep with all that, but then PING - I'm awake and struggling to get back to sleep for what seemed like forever.  Did tapping about four rounds, tried some mindfulness, and I guess eventually fell back asleep, though it seemed for a very short time before my husband's alarm went off.  I hope this isn't the beginning of such a stretch.  I think losing my ability to sleep is one of the things I fear the most with mirt tapering.

Up to this point it has gone pretty well, but I'm just about to drop to 15 mg, still pretty up there.  Sucks because I was only on this crap for 6 weeks before starting to taper!

I have had headaches, numb lips and tongue, mild anxiety, and diarrhea and cramping when I've made my cuts, but always at a level I could handle, usually starting about five days from the cut.  I can handle the physical stuff, but fear the emotional fall-out. 

It's rather mind blowing that 1.5 mg of this stuff can have such a grip on the brain, pretty mind blowing to look at it on the scale and think how frickin' dependent you can be on it!  I hope those daily waves of yours get smaller and smaller.  Hang in there!  

SG

Well i posted recently in the thread that i feel nearly as bad nowadays as i was when i tried jumping off 4.0 mg of mirt. it seems that once my brain gets destabilized, it doesn't care what im taking or not taking. honestly i don't feel like i would be too much worse if i just jumped off the 1.5 mg. but im not going to be doing that. it seems now my stupid brain is just destabilized and it's taking its sweet time to recover... i think my brain doesnt know wtf neuroplasticity means =/

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Spork,

Sorry to hear that your brain isn't behaving nicely.  Pleased to hear you say you are not going to jump off (the meds).  Patience is our ally.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

ahh yes i was never one to be patient >.< thanks for the reply :o!

• Moderator Emeritus

Haha, this made me think of the video on neuroplasticity:  The Backwards Bike

SG

• Moderator Emeritus

Hilarious AND brilliant.  Needs to go in Best of SA.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Heh im subscribed to that channel and i have seen that video xD its a good one

I just watched the video and I think that it is fantastic that our brain has the ability to rewire it self.

It is a proof that our brains can heal and revert to its original state.

Keep going Uselessspork and don't loose hope.

:)

DRUG HISTORY:

thanks hopester :P

You are very welcome sporkey! :)

Keep up the good spirit! I know that it is hard.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

Hope you have a good one!

Last x-mas was s..., for me.

This Xmas should be much better.

Take care, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY: