Roadback1: In need of wise advice

roadback1

Alto,

Thank you for your feedback. I have the ablation scheduled for September 14th with a top electrophysiologist in my area who is very confident it will work for me. I am glad that it worked so well for you ! I will check the forums,too.

I have to stop all my beta blockers and anti arrhythmia drugs two days before the ablation so they can trigger the afib during the procedure. I am worried that I will have an afib episode again those two days.

The meds are controlling the rhythm right now, but, I have several times during the day that my heart tries to speed up,and isn't able to.

When I'm off the meds for two days, I am worried what will happen.

My anxiety is ramped up,and haven't been able to sleep without jolting awake. I caved and took a xanax last night just to sleep, and after a couple of hours, I was able to.

I have always had a fear of something going wrong with my heart since I was a child after my grandfather,who I loved dearly, died of a heart attack in front of me. I was 11. Within the next year, I started to get heart palpitations and developed a panic/ agoraphobia disorder.

I was going to go for counseling/ eft therapy this fall to deal with this.Lowering the zoloft this year has exposed all my " stuff" and the afib really triggered my biggest fears.

Oh, and thank you,too, Fresh for your response ????????

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.

I am still having a problem falling asleep. I get a jolt in my head and body just as I am starting to sleep.

This went on for hours last night. I took another xanax even though I didn't want to. But, I did sleep after.

My primary has prescribed xanax to get me through this time,and my psychiatrist wants me to increase the zoloft to 75 mgs. because of the anxiety from the hospitalization, diagnosis of afib, upcoming surgery and recent taper and updose of the dang zoloft.

I don't know what to do ! I feel like c**p ! ????

Any ideas would be appreciated !

Thank you,

RB

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.