Alenka: Wanting to quit Effexor

alenka9

A window, at last! The depression resulting from my cut was continuous for over 10 days. But now I'm completely well again (or so she hopes). What a relief! I certainly won't be going down for a while.

Ali - Thank you so much for your cheerful response. It was just what I needed.

Chessi - I'll update the signature, good idea. Been reading your thread, very encouraging! 

I'm really missing live chats. I have connected with a couple of SA members on facebook and we had a couple of nice chats but I'm hesitant to contact them again. I'm always waiting for the other person to make the first step. This makes me feel needed rather than a nuisance. It's silly, I know.

Lots of love to all you guys. I'm not posting much yet, but I'm reading your posts and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Alenka

On venlafaxine since 2001. Three cold turkey WD attempts unsuccessful.

In 2012 I slowly tapered from 75mg. Less than a year after taking the last grain I developed extreme anxiety and pseudo dementia.

After all clear neuro tests in 2013 I was put on Effexor 150mg. Instant improvement. 

In 2014 I tested positive for chronic mercury poisoning. I'm chelating using Andy Cutler's protocol, www.noamalgam.com.

Tapering Venlafaxine Actavis 150mg: Mar 10%, May 10%, Jun (eyeballing) 3 quarters of capsule, Sep slighlty over half of capsule. End Oct exactly half capsule. Feeling great when chelating and being very hopeful that this time I will succeed!

My intro & updates

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you have had a good day.

Sorry no one acknowledged your window.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 3 weeks later...

nz11, Thank you very much for checking on me. 

How to spot a difference between a newbie and a pro: 

I: "now I'm completely well again"

nz11: "Glad you have had a good day."

Six weeks after the first cut, I think I'm finally ready for a new 10% cut. But first I will wait to return from my long distance trip.

My biggest problem is CFS. Luckily, I'm on sick leave and living with my parents, so it is manageable.

I'm surprised that so far only 1 SA member has wanted to learn more abot mercury being the likely cause behind a psychiatric illness. I still firmly believe in this and I'm continuing with chelation.

Much love to all the readers.

A

In 2012 I slowly tapered from 75mg. Less than a year after taking the last grain I developed extreme anxiety and pseudo dementia.

After all clear neuro tests in 2013 I was put on Effexor 150mg. Instant improvement. 

In 2014 I tested positive for chronic mercury poisoning. I'm chelating using Andy Cutler's protocol, www.noamalgam.com.

Tapering Venlafaxine Actavis 150mg: Mar 10%, May 10%, Jun (eyeballing) 3 quarters of capsule, Sep slighlty over half of capsule. End Oct exactly half capsule. Feeling great when chelating and being very hopeful that this time I will succeed!

My intro & updates

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi alenka,

Excellent idea waiting until you return from your trip.  It might be worth waiting at least a week to let yourself get back to your usual routine etc.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi Alenka.  I think it's a wise move to wait until you return from your trip before tapering again. Long distance travel can be destabilizing, and is probably enough of a change with long haul flights and time differences etc, without adding a  " cut" into the mix, as well. 

I hope it goes smoothly. Have fun.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 1 month later...

Ali and Chessie - Thank you for acknowledging my post. 

Have achieved a major goal - I am now finally living with my partner and loving it.

Time to make another cut, about 10% which would bring me to 3/4 of the original 150mg. Tired of counting, I decided to eyeball the amount, ie. pouring out some beads and checking the level of the beads left. 

Love to all. I don't know guys why you you don't look into mercury poisoning!!!

Alenka

My intro & updates

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Alenka,

I'm glad that you have your tapering under control. However I'm concerned about your eyeballing approach. Being as precise as we can in dosing is extremely important because constant imprecision with the number of beads will have the same effect as jumping around which we want to avoid.

I was helping my husband with his Effexor taper and he would count a few daysl worth of beads at once. When he got to half of the beads he changed to immediate release, started making liquid and dosing twice a day. It went very smooth for him.

I hope your taper goes well also.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• 2 months later...

Bubble, Thank you very much for checking in. I was also quite scared about going down the eyeballing route. Luckily, it works for me. There's no way I would have been able to do all the counting - and I'm unable to get any different prescription than for ER 150mg. When I get down to less than 50 beads, I will resume counting.

Two days ago I made another cut. I'm now almost at half the capsule. Depressed on the first day, but reasonably well now. Taking it easy and having acceptance and patience for any kind of a reaction. 

Love to all.

My intro & updates

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Hello, alenka. How is your taper going?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alto, Thank you very much for checking up on me!

As usual, the taper was rough in the beginning, but I was back to my "normal" within 6 weeks. So now I'm ready for another cut which I will make on Monday!

Chelation is helping me so much and I do wish other people on SA, particularly those who seem to find no relief for their suffering, would look into the possibility of chronic mercury poisoning caused by amalgams and/or vaccines!

All the best

Alenka

My intro & updates