Panicpax: Paxil victim

Panicpax

On 4/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, brassmonkey said:

In our experience it can take several months to stabilize.  It's been known to happen in a few weeks but that is very rare.  It's always best to taper from a place of stability so you need to wait until there are no big swings either direction in your symptoms.  Once that happens then you can start to taper.

Ok guys 

I'm back on 1mg klonopin and will increase paxil to 10mg then few days to 12mg

Stay there indefinitely  and taper klonopin 1mg with liquid after stabilizing maybe around 2 to 3 month in my own last 2 times experience.

I'm coming to terms that I might just stay on 12mg of paxil with no sexual side effects at that dose forever,  or until they come up with a solution in 2040 or something.

This down and up is making me tired and not enjoying my life.

october 31st 2007

panic attacks after recovering from the flu 

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

Crashed each time with stress and back to 20mg each time + 1mg of klonopin  ( because of the paxil updose effect) then  I taper klonopin after 3 month for 3 month each time with liquid.

Now up to 12mg paxil will stay forever but again 1mg  klonopin 2 month to taper again soon.

If you all dont mind I will update you on what happens especially with the klonopin taper.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

Crashed each time with stress and back to 20mg each time + 1mg of klonopin  ( because of the paxil updose effect) then  I taper klonopin after 3 month for 3 month each time with liquid.

Now up to 12mg paxil will stay forever but again 1mg  klonopin 2 month to taper again soon.

It would be a good idea to stay at 10mg for a month or so to see how it treats you before considering going up to 12.  Small moves can make a very big difference and you don't want to go higher than is necessary.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

It would be a good idea to stay at 10mg for a month or so to see how it treats you before considering going up to 12.  Small moves can make a very big difference and you don't want to go higher than is necessary.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

15 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Point taken.

Already first day of combo 10mg pax and 1mg klonopin both at night.

Slept and woke up cant squeeze if I do it gives me sleep paralysis.

Does being on a certain paxil dose make a difference when tapering klonopin later in 3 month?

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

4 hours ago, Panicpax said:

Does being on a certain paxil dose make a difference when tapering klonopin later in 3 month?

I don't think so.  Do you have a thread in the Members only Benzo forum? Shep is quite the expert there.

5 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

I don't think so.  Do you have a thread in the Members only Benzo forum? Shep is quite the expert there.

I dont.

Could you help me,, like by  giving me a link?

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-benzo-tapering-and-recovery/

Start a thread here telling them about both of the medications and your desire to taper the benzo.  Like I mentioned Shep is really well versed in this.

16 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-benzo-tapering-and-recovery/

Start a thread here telling them about both of the medications and your desire to taper the benzo.  Like I mentioned Shep is really well versed in this.

I started a subject now waiting patiently.

Thank you !

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/1/2019 at 2:48 AM, Panicpax said:

My only emergency button is klonopin and go back to 10mg paxil  but I really dont wanna do it.

Please note I've addressed the Klonopin issue in your new benzo thread here:

Panicpax: Back on clonazepam

Since you've been off Klonopin for several months, it will be risky to go back on. 

Brassmonkey's recommendation of holding for several months before making another Paxil reduction sounds very wise. 

47 minutes ago, Shep said:

Please note I've addressed the Klonopin issue in your new benzo thread here:

Panicpax: Back on clonazepam

Since you've been off Klonopin for several months, it will be risky to go back on. 

Brassmonkey's recommendation of holding for several months before making another Paxil reduction sounds very wise. 

Another few month???

I crashed big time and couldn't hold up for 2 days.

So I went back on klonopin to get up on paxil 12mg .

I am truly sick and tired of always trying to stop paxil.. its impossible I tried 3 times with liquid slowly .

Its either I'm cyclothymic explaining alot.

Or the drug has such a hold on my brain that now I will just have to stay on it forever to have a normal life. I'll taper klonopin in 3 month again like a did and that also super slowly ... at least I managed to do that easily twice .

I hate all this .

Thank you for your support everybody.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Panicpax said:

I'll taper klonopin in 3 month again like a did and that also super slowly ... at least I managed to do that easily twice .

Panicpax, I would stay on Klonpin until you are completely off Paxil. Please see:

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

If you taper the benzo while still on Paxil, you will likely stop sleeping again and have other benzo withdrawal symptoms. And continuing to add in a benzo for periodic use like this will lead to kindling. 

Kindling (sedative–hypnotic withdrawal)

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Panicpax, I would stay on Klonpin until you are completely off Paxil. Please see:

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

If you taper the benzo while still on Paxil, you will likely stop sleeping again and have other benzo withdrawal symptoms. And continuing to add in a benzo for periodic use like this will lead to kindling. 

Kindling (sedative–hypnotic withdrawal)

That word kindling gives someone the thought of just pulling the trigger if that ever develops.

My point is I dont want to or wont ever ever try tapering the paxil again.

So as soon as i am stable on 12mg paxil I'll taper slooowly  liquid klonopin again.

Then no more klonopin and no more paxil taper.

I'm 40 years old who cares anymore as long as I'm stable on low dose paxil.

I really do think I have some form of cyclothymia but that's another subject.

I dont trust any psychiatrist anymore I dont know what to do anymore .

That's why I am making a decision to go through this phase then stay put on paxil till a die of a stroke of heart disease... 

Sometimes it imagine it as a reliefe from the trauma this paxil taper gave all these last 10 years.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Panicpax, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Panicpax, how are you doing?

Hiii

Im good thank youuu. 

Am tapering the klonopin down to 0.5mg and on paxil 12mg.

A famous L.A doctor said im a very soft bipolar and recommended lamictal low dose 

But i said ill try without first... scared to start anything on top of paxil. 

Will get of klonopin soon as usual with me without problems.

Then start exercising and tapering paxil again slowly.

I was reassured that i can take klonopin again anytime i crash. But he preferred lamictal.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Administrator

Sorry, "very soft bipolar" does not sound like a real condition. But good that you're feeling okay.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Sorry, "very soft bipolar" does not sound like a real condition. But good that you're feeling okay.

I agree and thats why i didnt go for it.

He meant the bipolar spectrum. 

On the other hand i met dr.shipko.

Ofcourse that was a whole other discussion.

He suggested to stay on a very low paxil dose and if i ever need to stabilize just use the klonopin as i have no issue with it... but i would rather go on and off then stay long term on benzos. Since i havent had a problem doing so many many times.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone !

Finally off clonazepam for the forth time while to get back to normal on 12mg of paxil.

Now off 1 month and wasnt hard to quit clonazepam the 4th time ( 1mg made liquid with a compounding pharmacy always worked for me).

Anyways, im ok if i dont jog or have sex, if i jog i have bad sleep for a few days, sex maybe just 1 day, if both it can go on for more then a week that i wake up every hour, thank god no anxiety or mood change though.

Anybody have any explanation?

How to manage this?

I just need to jog 15 minute 5 times a week so when i decide to taper paxil again in 6 month i am protected from a higher chance of relapse into panic disorder ( no panic at all if i stay put on any dose )

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Administrator

If something makes you feel worse, do less of it.

Instead of jogging, walk briskly.

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

If something makes you feel worse, do less of it.

Instead of jogging, walk briskly.

So no known way out of it or helping other then dont do it?

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Administrator

You may have to work up to jogging. In the meantime, don't stress your nervous system.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

You may have to work up to jogging. In the meantime, don't stress your nervous system.

I get the working up.

But from the experience here does this last ? I haven't even started tapering, I have been stable on this dose for 8 month.

Do these sensitivities go away after tapering off fully?

I always thought its playing with the dose if I exercise but I am starting to be convinced my nervous system is sensitive from being 12 years on the drug or going up and down on it.

october 31st 2007

paxil 20mg .

Three attempts to taper

2009 ( down to 1.6mg)

2015 down to 3.5mg 

2019 down to 8.5mg

• Administrator

Yes, your nervous system is sensitive. It will gradually get stronger if you treat it gently.

• Mentor

Hello, I know the challenges of this medication. Have you ever made nutrition changes? I know changes in my nutrition were the only reason I was finally able to get off this medication. I had tried 3 times in the past without nutrition changes. 

Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount.