powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

Hi everyone .

Yesterday I an  appointment with a counselling service .this is a charitable organisation that accepts what money one can afford .I was there 6 years ago when I was starting meds .which I now realise was a mistake because  of the  numbing  affects on me of meds  .

the appointment quickly turned into me having to validate my experience of withdrawl .these people haven't the power to prescribe meds but yet they advertise them as a solution and knock my experience down to very rare .

I told the lady the year I've had with depression and she said at that point they would direct me to my GP .Yes and we all know were that ends .

the lady was very honest and you can be assured she doesn't deal with someone like me everyday :D.I was very respectfully critical of the system  and the  service that they provide .

She explained  they have six weeks counselling and then the case is  reviewed  after that ,because its a charity your already on the hook and under pressure to get to some sort of solution to your "issues",i said to her I thought this is a very wrong way to do therapy ,basically they need you to get  "better" and move on .I said to her if I was a millionaire a  therapist would sit there everyday listening to me pour my soul out without fail because they were making money .

I explained the psychological torture ive been put through this year .my heart goes out to anyone that is under the control of a therapist and the system ,yesterday gave me a fright because of going up against a system so intertwined with each other .

I have a serious obsession with trying to offload my pain  that's resurfacing ,maybe its a withdrawl obsession but I have a lot of grieving to do also .

Of course I didn't miss an opportunity to promote and push this amazing site on others and I told them its my main support network and you never know they mite google it someday and wake up .

I sent them a  nice email today and thanking them for there time .

Thanks everyone for reading, I wanted to come here were I feel safe after feeling a little despondent yesterday .but I'm ok about it,i just fear for the so called help others mite think they are getting from these places ,could it be a bigger problem that there heart is in the right place.

peace to everyone .

Oh I nearly forgot the most important thing I had a window from the afternoon into evening .

PB . 

I must add that this is my opinion and anyone thinking therapy would be good/cathartic for them ,of course by all means .I personally can never unread everything I have since I woke up a while back .but don't be afraid to do some research yourself and tread carefully.  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear you have had a window Powerback.  I have not posted on your thread before, but I am following your journey and wishing you well and have been upset to see your distress lately.  So a window is good news indeed!

Thank you also for putting the counseling service straight.  They need to hear this more often!

I posted a couple of weeks ago that my son Akrontes (on whose behalf I am posting on this Forum) seemed to be re-surfacing.  Unfortunately soon after he took a major dip and we have had mega anxiety, racing and intrusive thinking, calls to the ambulance service, howling in the house and in the park, insomnia, loss of appetite - all hell let loose unfortunately.   But yesterday, out of nowhere, calm seems to have returned.  He is sleeping during the night, having an early morning dip in the nearby lake, eating, socializing - it is all so bizarre and I am on tenterhooks to see whether it will continue and further improve.  It would be the greatest Christmas present EVER!  He is due to see the National Health psychiatrist this Friday for a routine 6 month check.  I fervently hope that he will be in great shape on that day and in a position to tell him that it is their medication which has landed him there and that he now wants to be discharged forever from their books.

Rooting for you!

cannabis: Spring 2002 - Dec. 2007; regularly smoked, stopped cold turkey; symptoms: paranoid and depressed

Paroxetine: 20 mg July 2008, 40 mg October, 20 mg spring 2009, 0 mg summer 2009

Depakote (sodium valproate): October 2008 - Spring 2009

Haloperdidol 1 week Oct. 2008, H caused seizures, went to A&E;  stopped taking it.

Citalopram few weeks in the fall of 2009 to deal with withdrawal symptoms from stopping paroxetine

Paroxetine round 2: 20 mg Feb - summer 2010 -20mg don't remeber if I went up to 40mg

Venlafaxine & sodium valproate (again): Sep 2010 - Summer 2012  

SERTRALINE: November 2012 - May 2016 , 50-100mg (few days @ 150mg in Summer '15). a complete freak out at the end of April. 

May 2016 Prescribed Lithium and Abilify HAVE NOT TAKEN

No medications May 2016 - October 2016

Hospitalised - November 13th 2016 - Prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine/Remeron. Reducing since 24 December 2016.  9 June 2017 medication free. 

Hurting for you, pb.

I agree with Joy, here.  Note her full message by reading between the lines.  Refer to my earlier posts to you, too.  I know you have your own fixed ideas about what you want to do, but I feel a compromise is called for.  This level of suffering is just not what you need, nor is it necessary, my 40 years of, until recently, uninformed struggle tells me.  You can always resume the next instalment of the fight "tomorrow".

Thinking of the hard time one is giving one's loved ones has to come into the solution, too.  Do you not consider it paramount?  You can try and regain your personal pride during the next campaign. 

I was on 225mg Effexor for months and in a rut before visiting this site a couple of years ago.  I am now almost down to another significant threshhold of 75mg.  I can tell you I will not be agonising and suffering like yourself over a handful of beads out of the 37.5mg dose (if I ever get to that) if I gain any semblance of a platform at that amount.

I am struggling, too.  Christmas, family visiting and New year is always hard for me and many Scots suffering in silence.  However, the winter solstice will pass in just over a fortnight.  Soon, the increasingly lengthening and brightening daylight and sunshine of mid-February will be with us, marking a point in the year our ancestors revered since the earliest beginning, in our lands.

Love & best wishes. (and to the whole of Ireland in the coming days.)

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

6 minutes ago, Distraut said:

So glad to hear you have had a window Powerback.  I have not posted on your thread before, but I am following your journey and wishing you well and have been upset to see your distress lately.  So a window is good news indeed!

Thank you also for putting the counseling service straight.  They need to hear this more often!

I posted a couple of weeks ago that my son Akrontes (on whose behalf I am posting on this Forum) seemed to be re-surfacing.  Unfortunately soon after he took a major dip and we have had mega anxiety, racing and intrusive thinking, calls to the ambulance service, howling in the house and in the park, insomnia, loss of appetite - all hell let loose unfortunately.   But yesterday, out of nowhere, calm seems to have returned.  He is sleeping during the night, having an early morning dip in the nearby lake, eating, socializing - it is all so bizarre and I am on tenterhooks to see whether it will continue and further improve.  It would be the greatest Christmas present EVER!  He is due to see the National Health psychiatrist this Friday for a routine 6 month check.  I fervently hope that he will be in great shape on that day and in a position to tell him that it is their medication which has landed him there and that he now wants to be discharged forever from their books.

Rooting for you!

Hi distraut ,I think I posted on your thread ,thanks for the reply to mine ,my heart bleeds for your family and your sons situation ,never give up ,of course you don't need me to say that ,what a wonderful human being  you are to care for your son so much .the window was even a little manic but I use mindfulness so its handy to bring  me down somewhat and be aware of my hyper state .sadly it doesn't work as well when I'm in a deep depression .

I'm painfully aware of what I'm like to be around when in a wave ,so today I will make a conscious effort to connect with family while being "ok".

these appointment's can be tricky if he's in a wave because seeing him in a distressed state can only feed into there thinking of "sick" .

Thanks so much for your compassionate words ,they mean so much more from someone living with the experience than an overpaid book worm straight out of collage [psychiatrists ].

do you follow madinamerica and peter breggins podcasts ,I listen every week and the compassionate tone from there guests and validation is very uplifting .

Take care to you and never forget yourself also in this process.

PB 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Bless you PB.  You have another London-Irish mum here praying for your swift and complete recovery.  Let 2018 be the year of liberation and the start of better things.

cannabis: Spring 2002 - Dec. 2007; regularly smoked, stopped cold turkey; symptoms: paranoid and depressed

Haloperdidol 1 week Oct. 2008, H caused seizures, went to A&E;  stopped taking it.

Citalopram few weeks in the fall of 2009 to deal with withdrawal symptoms from stopping paroxetine

Paroxetine round 2: 20 mg Feb - summer 2010 -20mg don't remeber if I went up to 40mg

SERTRALINE: November 2012 - May 2016 , 50-100mg (few days @ 150mg in Summer '15). a complete freak out at the end of April. 

Hospitalised - November 13th 2016 - Prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine/Remeron. Reducing since 24 December 2016.  9 June 2017 medication free. 

For another gallant hero, Powerback:

54 minutes ago, peng said:

Hurting for you, pb.

I agree with Joy, here.  Note her full message by reading between the lines.  Refer to my earlier posts to you, too.  I know you have your own fixed ideas about what you want to do, but I feel a compromise is called for.  This level of suffering is just not what you need, nor is it necessary, my 40 years of, until recently, uninformed struggle tells me.  You can always resume the next instalment of the fight "tomorrow".

Thinking of the hard time one is giving one's loved ones has to come into the solution, too.  Do you not consider it paramount?  You can try and regain your personal pride during the next campaign. 

I was on 225mg Effexor for months and in a rut before visiting this site a couple of years ago.  I am now almost down to another significant threshhold of 75mg.  I can tell you I will not be agonising and suffering like yourself over a handful of beads out of the 37.5mg dose (if I ever get to that) if I gain any semblance of a platform at that amount.

I am struggling, too.  Christmas, family visiting and New year is always hard for me and many Scots suffering in silence.  However, the winter solstice will pass in just over a fortnight.  Soon, the increasingly lengthening and brightening daylight and sunshine of mid-February will be with us, marking a point in the year our ancestors revered since the earliest beginning, in our lands.

Love & best wishes. (and to the whole of Ireland in the coming days.)

Hi peng ,we have gone over this ground before , .the fight you write about is  valid ,do you read any psychiatry criticism .

maybe my wording is coming off more severe to you .I haven't harmed my family on purpose [they are caring and supportive]  ,so this conversation stops here on this .

this site would not even exist if it was so simple as ile have that drug and that dose today .I don't come to your thread and bring the "fight " so with total respect to you , you can block me .I really mean that in a nice way ,your obviously irritated by my personality and beliefs and my experience .

I am hugely more informed now than I ever was that day I was given meds.my biggest issue was coming off the drug so this is were we need to catch the future  people ,have a serious coming off plan .this wasn't my experience because I was under the doctors spell and lets not forget this was under a doctors instruction and later when I questioned him about it being a problem ,he was defensive .this is the mans words verbatim "I don't know if you take them after leaving here " .that is a classic defensive come back .I am not taking on big pharma here camping outside factory's.

look I would love to take a drug and be "ok" but from reading others experiences  and researching my options and comparing to others like me ,taking more drugs ,the odds don't look good in my favour .believe me the last few months I have thought about this non stop . there is not one shred of evidence of the medical model like insulin diabetes .

I am writing my valid experience about yesterday and I shocked that lady with my insight ,this is the only way theres ever going to be progress in a disgusting industry of human suppression . I didn't go there to shout at the system and release  my anger ,like people do to the cash register in a shop or road rage to release emotions,i  had valid points to make   I will . I will try relax more this month coming up to xmas  and enjoy it .

Totall respect to you peng I really mean that .

love and best wishes to you also .Happy xmas 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Distraught ~ that is awesome ~ so happy to hear that. Please post on your thread as I and I'm sure everyone would love to hear about his progress.

Sorry PB ~ just had to add that, as it's very positive progress.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Thanks everyone for reading, I wanted to come here were I feel safe after feeling a little despondent yesterday .but I'm ok about it,i just fear for the so called help others mite think they are getting from these places ,could it be a bigger problem that there heart is in the right place.

So glad you feel safe to vent and more importantly ~ had a window!  I'm happy for you ~ I hope it sticks around for a while.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

2 minutes ago, AliG said:

Distraught ~ that is awesome ~ so happy to hear that. Please post on your thread as I and I'm sure everyone would love to hear about his progress.

Sorry PB ~ just had to add that, as it's very positive progress.

So glad you feel safe to vent and more importantly ~ had a window!  I'm happy for you ~ I hope it sticks around for a while.

Ali

OH of course AlIG work away . ye me too but I wont put much thought into ,if I over think the window ,ile land myself in a wave :D.

Peace to you .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Peace to you, also PB ~ You always make me smile and I love talking to you ~ you have such a kind heart and it hurts me to think that you are suffering. It can only get better from hereon in and I know that it will. Hang in there. :) 

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

22 hours ago, AliG said:

Peace to you, also PB ~ You always make me smile and I love talking to you ~ you have such a kind heart and it hurts me to think that you are suffering. It can only get better from hereon in and I know that it will. Hang in there. :) 

Ali

Thanks AliG ,nice of you to say, the shift needs to change to  make myself smile again much more often .ile hold you to that better hereon in:D

Take great care .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

23 hours ago, Distraut said:

Bless you PB.  You have another London-Irish mum here praying for your swift and complete recovery.  Let 2018 be the year of liberation and the start of better things.

AH shucks your so sweat thanks D .

Thanks for the song its great .

Peace /

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi folks I just want to log something thanks .

I'm 2 days taking a b12 spray and I cant work out if its activating to me [nausea] .I'm in the kitchen this morning making home made ketchup and juicing veg and my system is definitely    reacting to smells .the package on the box says 4 spays a day ,but I'm only doing the one spray .I'm envious of members that know straight away what makes there system react .I suppose ile do the usual and cancel it out for a few days .

I'm 2 months on a plant based wholefoods diet and this is the reason for the b 12 .I tend to fight this nausea  and eat and drink my smoothies anyhow but even though I'm thinking its healthy I probably should be cutting back on it but I am obsessed with getting nutrients into my system To fight this devil withdrawl.

total respect to everyone .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB do yourself a favour and throw the b12 spray in the bin, I have read many posts on here and other sites about b vitamins totally f***ing people up who are in withdrawal, you will get all the nutrients you need from your plant based diet, smoothies and juices, I learnt the hardway with supplements especially with CBD oil, the only safe ones for me are turmeric and magnesium citrate,

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

10 hours ago, dj2010 said:

PB do yourself a favour and throw the b12 spray in the bin, I have read many posts on here and other sites about b vitamins totally f***ing people up who are in withdrawal, you will get all the nutrients you need from your plant based diet, smoothies and juices, I learnt the hardway with supplements especially with CBD oil, the only safe ones for me are turmeric and magnesium citrate,

Hi DJ thanks for the heads up ,I hope your system has settled down after the CBD oil episode .

I hope your well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB, I hope you are well. Here I see advices on good nutrition. I would need that too. I have a feeling that I am eating so less and still I got two kilograms in the last two weeks. I dont know what is going on. I train every day for hour, try to eat healthily and always the weight is only going more. I start to be already frustrated from this. I told myself I can look bad, I can have bad clothes, but I can not be fat. This is already this worst thing possible. So now I am thinking how to change the course..

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

11 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Hi PB, I hope you are well. Here I see advices on good nutrition. I would need that too. I have a feeling that I am eating so less and still I got two kilograms in the last two weeks. I dont know what is going on. I train every day for hour, try to eat healthily and always the weight is only going more. I start to be already frustrated from this. I told myself I can look bad, I can have bad clothes, but I can not be fat. This is already this worst thing possible. So now I am thinking how to change the course..

Hi martina23 ,I hope your well also thanks for asking,there's more to nutrition than we realise ,nutrition has become my distraction from withdrawal so i try to practice what I read and watch ( but I am no expert).

Not eating to the bodys motabilism clock is a big problem.we might not have eating much but what we have eating could be full of sugar and whats called empty calories.when we eat food ,it should be dense with nutrition so it can feed the cells in our body .

Sugar and cooking oils are 2 things our bodys dont need ,the body obsorbs this and turns it straight to fat .also hormones can play havock with weight gain and the dreaded meds we are fed.

We are taken in by food advertising aswel and it really puts a spell on us .the best thing you can do is cook all your own food fresh and learn to read food labels .

I will send you some links to people I follow about nutrition .

Take care 

PB 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi I have a question about high doses of vitiman c ,I started taking a vitiman c supplement a few days ago at half the recommended  daily dose .its the proper stuff ascorbic acid ,im taking it to help my amunne system fight colds and flu since im finished ever going near a doctor ever again. I used to get the flu jab for years.

If anyone has any input about this with going through withdrawal would be great .

Thanks in advance.

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi everyone I hope your well for Christmas .

Its typical that I'm hit with  a huge wave just in time for the holidays when even a normal brain suffers under stress .I get hit with every single spiral .the little Buda In me is no were to be found .dam god help us all .

Peace .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Anyone out there have any natural remedies for a kidney infection ,im making a parsley tea today but any suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advance .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Powerback, I believe the most effective natural method is plenty of fluids, particularly water.  Cranberry juice might help.  If you have a fever, lower back pain, painful urination ect....you may need some professional advice, if you haven't already. 

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas 😊 Cheers. K

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

56 minutes ago, powerback said:

Anyone out there have any natural remedies for a kidney infection ,im making a parsley tea today but any suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advance .

PB

try couple of tablespoons apple cider vinegar with couple tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon and raw honey in hot water, I have this every morning when wake up, its apparently excellent for kidneys and kidney infection, when choosing apple cider vinegar choose one which has the mother in it, I use braggs, it is available at most health food shops and some supermarkets, using this everyday can effect the teeth because so acidic so i usually add a tiny bit of baking soda in it, its a excellent wake up drink, if you go doctors they will likely give antibiotics which can cause havoc for people in withdrawal, take care buddy

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Thanks Dj sound advice ,ye I want to avoid antibiotics big time ,hopefully it wont come to that .

Take care and have a good Christmas .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, Kristine said:

Hi Powerback, I believe the most effective natural method is plenty of fluids, particularly water.  Cranberry juice might help.  If you have a fever, lower back pain, painful urination ect....you may need some professional advice, if you haven't already. 

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas 😊 Cheers. K

Hi kristine ,I do have back pain but no fever so fingers crossed it doesnt escalate,my brain is exhausted so my bodys fighting off a good bit.

Same to you for Christmas and take care 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Happy holidays PB!

Maybe shy away from alcohol for now, if that's possible...

Best wishes,

Tim

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

Hi mit thanks same to you ,im nearly 3 years sober so no worries there .im a happy man I dont need to worry about hangovers .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor
On 12/5/2017 at 3:02 AM, powerback said:

I have a serious obsession with trying to offload my pain  that's resurfacing ,maybe its a withdrawl obsession but I have a lot of grieving to do also .

Hi Powerback,

I found your thread today and started following you because the things you had to say really stuck with me.  Your post on December 5th, which I just saw, about trying to offload your pain really struck home.  I have felt the same exact way in the past and I think this if the first time I ever saw another person put it so clearly into words.  I don't know if it's a withdrawal obsession or not. I've wondered about that myself. Thanks again.

Rachel

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

23 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Powerback,

I found your thread today and started following you because the things you had to say really stuck with me.  Your post on December 5th, which I just saw, about trying to offload your pain really struck home.  I have felt the same exact way in the past and I think this if the first time I ever saw another person put it so clearly into words.  I don't know if it's a withdrawal obsession or not. I've wondered about that myself. Thanks again.

Rachel

Hi RS its definitely part of withdrawl and I'm glad I could help with some common ground  ,the thing with me is I did a lot of soul  searching and introspection and I don't think it was the best thing for me  to be doing in withdrawl ,I was doing it before withdrawl anyway ,do your best to try shift your focus to distraction when it becomes overwhelming .when the drugs are "working " it shuts everything down so everything comes flooding back when weaned off the drug or they poop out on us .I don't judge emotional pain ,I try let it flow and release .

Take care and peace to you .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

In a huge wave and I thought I would watch a movie ,I watched 10 minutes of one called "its kind of a funny story ".

the most trigger ragefull  inducing   movie imaginable  .god help me and all fellow members that suffer .

Peace .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

It differs from person to person, but for me it would be counter-productive to watch tv in a huge wave. Instead I would meditate and, very important, feel everything. Direct confrontation works best for me.

But everybody reacts differently, definitely in withdrawal!

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

jan 2016 30mg

Hi mIT ,ye everyone different ,sadly im in a constant state of nearly loosing my mind its dreadful ,in extreme moods and extreme emotional sensitivities ,i believe my life will be ruined in the next year of tapering but ive no choice .

Thanks for the reply it means a lot .

Take great care my friend and happy new year to you .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Don't lose hope pb. You're not alone, 2018 will be a crucial year for me too. Tapering seems to get harder on lower doses. But normality is also getting closer. 

We're in this together. Happy new year!

jan 2016 30mg

I won't thanks mIT .I just fear others around  me wont be able to see past the demon I cant control in withdrawl .

Peace to you .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

19 hours ago, powerback said:

In a huge wave and I thought I would watch a movie ,I watched 10 minutes of one called "its kind of a funny story ".

the most trigger ragefull  inducing   movie imaginable  .god help me and all fellow members that suffer .

Peace .

PB

sorry to hear you are in a wave PB, best just sticking to comedy programmes and nature documentaries, ive been watching the old red dwarf series before bed, finding them relaxing, on netflix at the moment, you need to stay positive to beat this, easier said than done I know, take care

I know DJ ,its like a spell and I cant control it .

My life is far from set up for this proccess but im too far gone to change it .

All new members need to heed the warning and have a plan in action before coming off meds

.if I win the war there will be many  battles lost and I will have to come to terms with this .

Ive so much respect for parents like yourself bringing up kids,I have been spending the Christmas with my little neice and im overwhelmed with emotions of joy she has brought me ,albeit the wave always ready to knock on my shoulder and say hey im not going anywhere .

Happy New year to you ,sorry I havent been on your thread so I hope your well 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

14 hours ago, powerback said:

I know DJ ,its like a spell and I cant control it .

My life is far from set up for this proccess but im too far gone to change it .

All new members need to heed the warning and have a plan in action before coming off meds

.if I win the war there will be many  battles lost and I will have to come to terms with this .

Ive so much respect for parents like yourself bringing up kids,I have been spending the Christmas with my little neice and im overwhelmed with emotions of joy she has brought me ,albeit the wave always ready to knock on my shoulder and say hey im not going anywhere .

Happy New year to you ,sorry I havent been on your thread so I hope your well 

PB

yes we all need to make the best of a bad situation at the moment, you will win the war but its going to take a long time,

yes kids helping me a lot get through this, be lost without them

happy new year to you too, I hope this new year is a better one for you and you manage make good progress on your taper,

take care