powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

55 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

Oh my God, this must have hurt. I also can not any anesthetic. Last time I had (for the teeth procedure) I was feeling very badly for three weeks until all anesthetics was out of my body. So I dont wonder. You just have to keep until it goes away. The good thing is it (the brain fog) does go away. You just have to wait until all anesthetics is out of your body. Take care

Maybe I should of got it stitched with it but I was too tired lol.

Take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope your leg heals soon, pb.

I'd like to also remind anyone reading this that there are plenty of stories of people in withdrawal who have done fine when having necessary anesthesia. (I just don't want people to avoid necessary procedures because of fear.). 

As Alto states in the Surgery/Anesthesia thread, there are variables that the patient can control, such as opting out of a benzo; not having full anesthesia (there are lesser forms of it), etc. 

Take care of yourself and hope you heal soon!

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

10 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

I hope your leg heals soon, pb.

I'd like to also remind anyone reading this that there are plenty of stories of people in withdrawal who have done fine when having necessary anesthesia. (I just don't want people to avoid necessary procedures because of fear.). 

As Alto states in the Surgery/Anesthesia thread, there are variables that the patient can control, such as opting out of a benzo; not having full anesthesia (there are lesser forms of it), etc. 

Take care of yourself and hope you heal soon!

Hi Sky thanks for your kind words ,I cant even say I've noticed a reaction to the anaesthetic ,It seems to be just the normal  withdrawal  situation .ive stopped taking a 25 billion probiotic I was taking for antibiotic use for a chest infection  after reading it can cause brain fog witch ive had very bad ,witch caused the accident . 

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Some serious reflection today has brought me to the realization I never had a stable environment to cope with a taper  ,there is so much that goes on in a taper than the drug ,I am now in territory were decisions will be made for me .

Next Wednesday I have an appointment with my doctor and I'm going with the Prozac bridge , I mentioned it about going back to previous drugs {citroll,lexepro } but he shot that down .im in dangerous territory ,he mite take away all help ,hes already only waiting to pass me on to the next  chain of command .billy to jack as they say and around in circles we go .

I am beyond panic and terrified I will be in a position were a team makes decisions for me because lets face it if you can hold down a job and follow orders from what ever run on the ladder in  society you are on .

What a tragic irony I find myself in  .

last night my poor mother says once again ,she will be ok when I am ok ,I had to tell her this is wrong and it puts too much pressure on me .2 years ago I told her to always live her life and as much as I like the support ,do not wallow in my misery ,but I cant force people to listen to me .she's brilliant but I cant handle the pressure that ive created myself . 

This is ridiculous to be so sensitive to one bead out at a time  ,I already fear I have chronic fatigue syndrome ,theres no coincidence these nervous system disorders happen because of meds .

Im beyond crushed and welcome an end what ever that means .I just watched a lady recover from "ICE " addiction .

There really is situations that warrant drugs and I welcome being taking away from chronic misery because if you don't look sick you aren't in our society ,not that my critical ego would allow me be humble .I could of laughed at the sympathy I got about my leg being sliced open and all the while the torture I suffer .

If im not back to binge drinking soon itl be a miracle .

How should I even expect to live in a world with such super hypervigilance and triggers .

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor

@powerback: so so sorry to hear you are having such a rough phase -- it sounds terrifying. You have given me such good advice, hope, and especially kindness on here that I send the same back to you. And don't go back to binge drinking 🙂 I had a little relapse a few months ago (it was actually weed not alcohol) and after being clean for so long, your body doesn't make it "fun and soothing" anymore. Dammit. Keep us posted on your situation.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

PB, I think it's positive he's agreed to the Prozac bridge. As I've mentioned, I believe half-life has much greater importance on the process than any external factors. The fact I can actually go on while suffering from insomnia is another proof of this for me. So I really hope you will be able to tolerate the Prozac well. And it's not like you're dependent on him, is it. If he comes up with something irrational again, you can always change him for another doctor. But I think you should be optimistic about the bridge.

12 hours ago, powerback said:

I already fear I have chronic fatigue syndrome ,theres no coincidence these nervous system disorders happen because of meds .

Yes, during my CT tapers I suffered from extreme fatigue. Simple things like going to the grocery store were too taxing.

I'm really sorry you're so oversensitised and distressed.

Yes, please don't go back to binge drinking. There are better ways to relax, zone out than taking another toxic drug...

Take care.

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

15 hours ago, powerback said:

Some serious reflection today has brought me to the realization I never had a stable environment to cope with a taper  ,there is so much that goes on in a taper than the drug ,I am now in territory were decisions will be made for me .

Next Wednesday I have an appointment with my doctor and I'm going with the Prozac bridge , I mentioned it about going back to previous drugs {citroll,lexepro } but he shot that down .im in dangerous territory ,he mite take away all help ,hes already only waiting to pass me on to the next  chain of command .billy to jack as they say and around in circles we go .

I am beyond panic and terrified I will be in a position were a team makes decisions for me because lets face it if you can hold down a job and follow orders from what ever run on the ladder in  society you are on .

What a tragic irony I find myself in  .

last night my poor mother says once again ,she will be ok when I am ok ,I had to tell her this is wrong and it puts too much pressure on me .2 years ago I told her to always live her life and as much as I like the support ,do not wallow in my misery ,but I cant force people to listen to me .she's brilliant but I cant handle the pressure that ive created myself . 

This is ridiculous to be so sensitive to one bead out at a time  ,I already fear I have chronic fatigue syndrome ,theres no coincidence these nervous system disorders happen because of meds .

Im beyond crushed and welcome an end what ever that means .I just watched a lady recover from "ICE " addiction .

There really is situations that warrant drugs and I welcome being taking away from chronic misery because if you don't look sick you aren't in our society ,not that my critical ego would allow me be humble .I could of laughed at the sympathy I got about my leg being sliced open and all the while the torture I suffer .

If im not back to binge drinking soon itl be a miracle .

How should I even expect to live in a world with such super hypervigilance and triggers .

Take care 

Pb, you have to calm down. This is only a panic attack. You have to learn to breathe through it and say this is something made up, these problems dont exist in the reality, it is just a panic attack.

You are in withdrawal. In reality there happens nothing if "your doctor doesnt give you his help". You will survive it in any case and in one or two years you will feel healed, no matter what your doctor does.

You cant influence your mothers behaviour. She is your mother. It is nicer her reaction as if she didnt love you. You just have to cope with the feeling that people have some expectations and maybe some of them you cant fulfill in withdrawal. This doesnt make you bad person.

Binge drinking is bad idea. You have to live with hardships  (i know it is hard, you can tell me next time when I will be moaning, ha, ha..)

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

pb

Sorry to hear you are in a bad place.

• I would say that your Dr's suggestion of Prozac bridge sounds one of the best of solutions.
  • Try not to have such a paranoid loathing of their difficult jobs - most of them do desire to help us and often succeed.  Just because some of us have remapped brains that make treatment difficult is not their fault.  (Neither is it ours - we just got a raw deal in early life.)
  • A mother's love can be as solid as anything in nature.  You are lucky - I do not think I had that after my father died.  When I think of my wife and our three children, I can see that a mother's love can be totally unconditional and shatterproof.  Treasure it and view it as something that will give you strength to help yourself and your mam.
  • Fatigue? - I have had countless days of it.  I have it today - I had it yesterday - I had it the day before.  However, for many more countless days, when I was well due to the effectiveness of my treatment, I was on the rowing machine for hundreds of metres every other day, wild camping, rambling, fishing, cycling, photographing, working hard from home, attending courts as witness, football matches, looking after two small garden ponds and all that lived in them, you name it. 
  • I am optimistic of recovery to that state again.
  • I always admired you for kicking the booze.  I know from my longish life how hard that must have been.  Don't throw that massive achievement away, please.
  • View your current situation as being at a crossroads.  I hope with all my heart that I will be correct and see you getting on a much better road someday very soon.

Sincere best wishes,

p

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

4 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

@powerback: so so sorry to hear you are having such a rough phase -- it sounds terrifying. You have given me such good advice, hope, and especially kindness on here that I send the same back to you. And don't go back to binge drinking 🙂 I had a little relapse a few months ago (it was actually weed not alcohol) and after being clean for so long, your body doesn't make it "fun and soothing" anymore. Dammit. Keep us posted on your situation.

Thanks FGW ,I wallowed badly yesterday , i felt very alone ,over the top anxiety as usuall.even my dreams lastnight were intersting .

Im stuck in a pretty bad PTSD spot on my  past ,im convincing myself of awful things .

Keep notes how you felt comn up to your relapse and watch for the signs in the future .

Take care FGW 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

16 hours ago, powerback said:

Some serious reflection today has brought me to the realization I never had a stable environment to cope with a taper 

Me too, not nearly as bad as how your posts made yours sound pb, but I pressed on and crashed.

In 2006, I did the same thing against my GP's advice.  No SA in those days, but I wanted to try.

Born 1945. 

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

14 minutes ago, peng said:

pb

Sorry to hear you are in a bad place.

• I would say that your Dr's suggestion of Prozac bridge sounds one of the best of solutions.
  • Try not to have such a paranoid loathing of their difficult jobs - most of them do desire to help us and often succed.  Just because some of us have remapped brains that make treatment difficult is not their fault.  (Neither is it ours - we just got a raw deal in early life.)
  • A mother's love can be as solid as anything in nature.  You are lucky - I do not think I had that after my father died.  When I think of my wife and our three children, I can see that a mother's love can be totally unconditional and shatterproof.  Treasure it and view it as something that will give you strength to help yourself and your mam.
  • Fatigue? - I have had countless days of it.  I have it today - I had it yesterday - I had it the day before.  However, for many more countless days, when I was well due to the effectiveness of my treatment, I was on the rowing machine for hundreds of metres every other day, wild camping, rambling, fishing, cycling, photographing, working hard from home, attending courts as witness, football matches, looking after two small garden ponds and all that lived in them, you name it. 
  • I am optimistic of recovery to that state again.
  • I always admired you for kicking the booze.  I know from my longish life how hard that must have been.  Don't throw that massive achievement away, please.
  • View your current situation as being at a crossroads.  I hope with all my heart that I will be correct and see you getting on a much better road someday very soon.

Sincere best wishes,

p

HI peng thanks for poping over ,he hasnt suggested the prozac ,I did to him and he went with lyrica,he put prozac in the  same family as venlefaxine ie ssri/ssnri ,I dont know until wed when I bring the lyrica back to him and say no way ,I have a decent enough rapore built up with him that he knows I want to be better.

Im finished with that faze of being combative with him,18 months ago I refused the zyprexa from him so in hes mind hes being patient .

Thanks for your insights peng it means alot.

Be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

PB, I think it's positive he's agreed to the Prozac bridge. As I've mentioned, I believe half-life has much greater importance on the process than any external factors. The fact I can actually go on while suffering from insomnia is another proof of this for me. So I really hope you will be able to tolerate the Prozac well. And it's not like you're dependent on him, is it. If he comes up with something irrational again, you can always change him for another doctor. But I think you should be optimistic about the bridge.

Yes, during my CT tapers I suffered from extreme fatigue. Simple things like going to the grocery store were too taxing.

I'm really sorry you're so oversensitised and distressed.

Yes, please don't go back to binge drinking. There are better ways to relax, zone out than taking another toxic drug...

Take care.

Im impressed with your cold turkey tapers I ,im terified of total cold turkey because the state's I get in trying 

To reduce 1 bead ,it would be extremely irresponsible of me to do it .im unstable as it is .

Im getting no peace in my mind so thats why im reaching for a way out ,my brain seems to be at the end of putting up this so im reaching ,especially the last 3 months .

Thanks I and be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

9 minutes ago, powerback said:

Im impressed with your cold turkey tapers I ,im terified of total cold turkey because the state's I get in trying 

To reduce 1 bead ,it would be extremely irresponsible of me to do it .im unstable as it is .

Im getting no peace in my mind so thats why im reaching for a way out ,my brain seems to be at the end of putting up this so im reaching ,especially the last 3 months .

Thanks I and be safe.

Haha, nothing to be impressed with, PB  :D . The cold turkey ones I suffered before I even knew about the WD or what the APs were doing to me and just cold turkeyed because I thought things were getting better so I could try to function without the "medicine". Only later I learned I actually wasn't ill, the drug was killing me and the relapses were withdrawals and all that. The cold turkeys were leeethal, I'm not recommending anybody to do that.

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

2 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Pb, you have to calm down. This is only a panic attack. You have to learn to breathe through it and say this is something made up, these problems dont exist in the reality, it is just a panic attack.

You are in withdrawal. In reality there happens nothing if "your doctor doesnt give you his help". You will survive it in any case and in one or two years you will feel healed, no matter what your doctor does.

You cant influence your mothers behaviour. She is your mother. It is nicer her reaction as if she didnt love you. You just have to cope with the feeling that people have some expectations and maybe some of them you cant fulfill in withdrawal. This doesnt make you bad person.

Binge drinking is bad idea. You have to live with hardships  (i know it is hard, you can tell me next time when I will be moaning, ha, ha..)

I understand the hardships Martina but I feel like ive no barrier to what anyone says or thinks,like my armour has been stripped away .some things can sit deep in my heart ,its bonkers .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Don’t drink,PB. As an alcoholic, If there is one thing that I’ve  learned in life, a drink never makes things better for me, it always makes things worse. This trying to get drug free is a nightmare. I know. I’m 61 and I’ve spent the vast majority of my life on one drug or another. I was on a tranquilliser when I was about 8 years old because of anxiety, nightmares. I found alcohol at 15 and drank for the next 16 years. Never in control, I was hooked from the first drink. I also took any drugs that came my way but alcohol was my drug of choice. I went throught periods of smoking weed, taking Valium, Librium etc. Went on a muscle relaxant called Baclofen that I found I could get high on if I took enough etc etc.  Because my behaviour was so erratic I ended up on Largactil and in a drying out centre ( I had been living on the streets ). Managed to dry out and for about the only times in my life was completely drug free for about 3 to 4 years. I struggled to cope with life and so it was back to a psychiatrist who put me on Dosulepin. I’ve been on it for the last 25 years.  I was prescribed co-proxamol for a back problem and I soon found that if I took enough of them I could get high. I ended up taking 12 pills in one go to get a hit. I went back on Valium as well and eventually the inevitable happened and I picked up a drink. Then it was 6 months of pure misery. Accident units, overdoses, eventually in a hospital for the mentally ill. That was in the year 2000,since then clean and sober apart from the ad’s.

So that brings me up to date. A long slow taper off the ad’s. I believe , looking back, that when I first went onto ad’s after 3 or 4 years sober, I had not given myself enough time to adjust to life. I had never known life without chemicals and it was just so hard. I still don’t know what life’s like without drugs of some sort but Im going to find out. There’s no quick fix for me . Looking for relief in alcohol or drugs just makes things worse for me.

God Bless

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

23 minutes ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Haha, nothing to be impressed with, PB  :D. The cold turkey ones were before I even knew about the WD or what the APs were doing to me and just cold turkeyed because I thought things were getting better so I could try to function without the "medicine". Only later I learned I actually wasn't ill, the drug was killing me and the relapses were withdrawals and all that. The cold turkeys were leeethal, I'm not recommending anybody to do that :D.

Thats what I think myself ,in my opinion find the correct time to taper is paramount ,I was tapering and holding while the drug was toxic to me ,I can't keep doing this ,thats why I either do the prozac bridge or keep tapering no matter what .but my dilema is im shockingly ill and pigeon holed into thats your illness ,this infuriates me ,its like withdrawl/ poopout is a vessel for the demon and any greivences are released that I burried deep are released without being able to control them .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

Don’t drink,PB. As an alcoholic, If there is one thing that I’ve  learned in life, a drink never makes things better for me, it always makes things worse. This trying to get drug free is a nightmare. I know. I’m 61 and I’ve spent the vast majority of my life on one drug or another. I was on a tranquilliser when I was about 8 years old because of anxiety, nightmares. I found alcohol at 15 and drank for the next 16 years. Never in control, I was hooked from the first drink. I also took any drugs that came my way but alcohol was my drug of choice. I went throught periods of smoking weed, taking Valium, Librium etc. Went on a muscle relaxant called Baclofen that I found I could get high on if I took enough etc etc.  Because my behaviour was so erratic I ended up on Largactil and in a drying out centre ( I had been living on the streets ). Managed to dry out and for about the only times in my life was completely drug free for about 3 to 4 years. I struggled to cope with life and so it was back to a psychiatrist who put me on Dosulepin. I’ve been on it for the last 25 years.  I was prescribed co-proxamol for a back problem and I soon found that if I took enough of them I could get high. I ended up taking 12 pills in one go to get a hit. I went back on Valium as well and eventually the inevitable happened and I picked up a drink. Then it was 6 months of pure misery. Accident units, overdoses, eventually in a hospital for the mentally ill. That was in the year 2000,since then clean and sober apart from the ad’s.

So that brings me up to date. A long slow taper off the ad’s. I believe , looking back, that when I first went onto ad’s after 3 or 4 years sober, I had not given myself enough time to adjust to life. I had never known life without chemicals and it was just so hard. I still don’t know what life’s like without drugs of some sort but Im going to find out. There’s no quick fix for me . Looking for relief in alcohol or drugs just makes things worse for me.

God Bless

Steve

Hi steve thanks for your honest insights ,ile apolagize because im click bating maybe saying things like going back drinking but my brain is reaching for something ,dopamine must be non existent ,nothing im doing is working .

Im too tired and disgusted with my past to go drinking again but I need to.be aware of my golem in my ear and on.myI back .

Take care steve .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Yes, it's terrible. The taper has been really hard on you both psychologically and physiologically. I know this state, PB, of being oversensitised, vulnerable and suffering from intrusive thoughts and I know it was caused by withdrawal for me. Hang on in there. I really think if you bridge and optionally updose a bit on the Prozac it could bring you relief. But psychology of course can play a part as well, you can really start getting anxious about the whole process and it can all snowball and bring you down. And you've had a hard time tapering off Ven. I know going on no matter what doesn't really work, that's how I messed up my Zoloft withdrawal. Absolutely, I believe bridging is the best choice.

PB, I believe I am where I am because I never coped with life very well in the first place. A lot of what I am going through is obviously withdrawals but also adjusting to life without my chemical crutch. It becomes very raw. Resentments from years ago, everyone seemingly out to hurt me ( paranoia), guilt ,self pity . You name it, I’m going through it at one time or another. My mum and dad are dead now but for years I suffered guilt about the **** that I had put them through. They always said ‘All we want is for you to be happy ‘. Made it 100 times worse because that was the one thing that I couldn’t do !!!!! In the end, I believe, it’s about me finding ways to cope.i keep bringing it back to me. If I start to blame other people for how I feel, then I’m lost because I can’t do anything about them. I can do something about myself. I’m exploring meditation, I think that’s the way forward for me. The 12 steps help. I’m just looking into anything and  everything to help me. An open mind is the key, for me.

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

• Mentor
8 hours ago, powerback said:

I was on a tranquilliser when I was about 8 years old because of anxiety, nightmares. I found alcohol at 15

Wow, "good" to hear of another person drugged for anxiety when they were a little kid -- I was put on phenobarbitol. Ugh. And yes, then I found alcohol at 14 or 15 and it was off to the races for the next 35 years. I figured you were not totally serious about binge drinking @powerback, but desperate for relief. As a cold turkey person, I feel you.

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

@FarmGirlWorks  Wow! You quit a lot of things in quick succession. It’s always ‘good’ to find other people who have experienced similar horrors. How are you now ? 

• Mentor

I'll PM you, @Steve61.

15 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

Wow, "good" to hear of another person drugged for anxiety when they were a little kid -- I was put on phenobarbitol. Ugh. And yes, then I found alcohol at 14 or 15 and it was off to the races for the next 35 years. I figured you were not totally serious about binge drinking @powerback, but desperate for relief. As a cold turkey person, I feel you.

This was steve that was tranquilized at 8 FGW but I took to alcohol myself at 14 ,culture and undiagnosed anxiety made me love it .so my happy memories connected with the smell of beer must be the releif my psychy got from anxiety ,it took nearly 20 years to cop on to this , looking back everything makes sense,i am now a 13 year old again emotionally in this process with nothing for a crutch ,to tired to exercise .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Sorry to hear you have hit a wave p.b & your struggling...

i was the same as you as you I used wine as a stress relief a go to to unwind when things got so stressful...I started experimenting with drink around 15 it was what all my friends were doing at that time seemed to be our era starting so young....but I relied on it as a crutch to escape feelings etc...

i only drank on weekends but I was a binge drinker.for many many years...but I had to stop while going through this.i felt like every single crutch I used in life to cope got knocked away in one full swoop...so like you I am that child learning to stand again with no crutch...no friends left as they all drink etc...

This journey seems to of taken me to the beginning of life it’s like it’s a chance to stand again with out the crutches & too work through what should of been dealt with before meds.

Maybe this journey isn’t about becoming some different maybe it’s about who we should of been along before society got to us...

i think when we stand again 

we will be so much stronger & wiser with no crutches!we will be our own crutch as hard as this is & cruel.

i know one thing I aren’t going through this for nothing something big as to be on the other side..

look after your self xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Mentor
2 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

This journey seems to of taken me to the beginning of life it’s like it’s a chance to stand again with out the crutches & to work through what should of been dealt with before meds. Maybe this journey isn’t about becoming some different maybe it’s about who we should of been along before society got to us... i think when we stand again 

we will be so much stronger & wiser with no crutches!we will be our own crutch as hard as this is & cruel.

I totally agree with this. I am without any crutches and it is difficult to move thru this WD and learn new ways to cope. I mean, I've had the anxiety since I was a wee tot... I've finally come to accept that it ain't going away. I've always thought it would disappear if I had enough money, lived in the right place, had better friends, lost a few pounds, got more muscles, and so on and so on. Never did. Now I think it is more of an internal process -- meditation and yoga for me with a dose of 12-steps to learn how to manage emotions. I feel like I am a little kid again, doing a do-over and learning it differently this time.

Hang in there, folks.

Yeah, my anxiety has been there from my earliest memories. The drugs worked for a while but then they don’t. It’s time to stand without them . I honestly believe that I can. I’m looking at it exactly the same as PF and FGW. What hasn’t killed us will make us stronger. Meditation, and the 12 steps are the way forward for me. 

I believe it will get better

Steve

11 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

I totally agree with this. I am without any crutches and it is difficult to move thru this WD and learn new ways to cope. I mean, I've had the anxiety since I was a wee tot... I've finally come to accept that it ain't going away. I've always thought it would disappear if I had enough money, lived in the right place, had better friends, lost a few pounds, got more muscles, and so on and so on. Never did. Now I think it is more of an internal process -- meditation and yoga for me with a dose of 12-steps to learn how to manage emotions. I feel like I am a little kid again, doing a do-over and learning it differently this time.

Hang in there, folks.

Hi famgirlworks 

nice to meet you (but not in these circumstances)

I am sorry you had it since a tot 

me too growing up in a house what was dysfunctional.

i always had the same thoughts too 

if I just had this etc but happiness is & inside job nothing can give us it.Your way now sounds lovely & nurturing 

i think were all having to undo everything & rebuild all over on a steely foundation 

take care & take it day by day xxxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

7 hours ago, Steve61 said:

Yeah, my anxiety has been there from my earliest memories. The drugs worked for a while but then they don’t. It’s time to stand without them . I honestly believe that I can. I’m looking at it exactly the same as PF and FGW. What hasn’t killed us will make us stronger. Meditation, and the 12 steps are the way forward for me. 

I believe it will get better

Steve

Hi Steve nice to meet you too 

if you believe you can your half way there.

xxxx

hope things have settled for you p.b xxxx

https://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/107532-coming-off-of-effexor-with-prozac-bridge/

Hi today im cramming all the research I can before my doctors visit on Wednesday and I came across this forum about the Prozac bridge ,one man talks about every time one drug is titrated down the  new drug is titrated upwards  ,any input is appreciated .

Im in very dangerous territory because my brain is reaching for something badly the last few months ,my guess is venlafaxine is giving me %100 side affects and keeping me pinned to the rock face ,on or off it seems to be the worst option .I mite start seeking out AA meetings again [more than 3 years since ive been to one ) to top my buffer and keep me proactive in my sobriety .

Take care . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Im the first to judge myself here for being melodramatic but ive no choice in the matter .

Before my DR  visit on Wednesday I will gather my partner and mother and tell them my plans with regards thd bridge I am thinking of doing ,this could be counter productive because im very obsorbant of my mothers cathstophic reactions .

Its plain to see I was never in a healthy position to do a taper ( living arangements ) so it will only get alot worse and were my mind has drifted shows me this .

It looks like I am a fast metaboliser of this drug plus the short half life .

If I lived alone I mite of been able for a taper but I have to take everything into account .

But I have to be careful reading the successful bridging stories because the bridgeing needs to happen before the worst of the withdrawls hit and this ship has sailed long time ago for me and as much as I wont to be a beacon of hope for others ,its sad to say but last year o wasnt In fear of my life and I am now so things  change .

Im not going to judge myself harshly.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Good luck again, PB. That's why I think updosing on the Prozac or updosing on the Ven and then bridging might not be a bad idea. That's a way to get rid of that WD you get from dropping to a dose your brain can't cope with. I don't think there's been a single case of updosing not being able to remove a person's WD? That's why it makes sense to spread your taper in the first place. I know you've had a bad period for 3 months, but when did you start experiencing WD symptoms? Was there a dose that you felt better, stable, normal at?

I guess updosing to that dose might not be a bad idea, well at least that's what I would do (that's what I did with my own Prozac bridge, to repeat myself 30mg didn't fully remove my Zoloft WD, so I increased all the way to 40mg so I felt completely WD symptom free before tapering). If it's not too high, I guess.

pb, you are not being melodramatic, chum, based on what you have been/are going through.

Don't criticise yourself so much (I appreciate, from reading your posts for some time, that it is a favourite habit!)

Wishing the best for your new strategy, which you have considered adopting.

I do hope you will feel a little better.  Even a little lifting of mood will be noticed by your loved ones (I can vouch for that) and will make things better for them.  Maybe that will set the burden you are chained to in motion.

Born 1945. 

2 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Good luck again, PB. That's why I think updosing on the Prozac or updosing on the Ven and then bridging might not be a bad idea. That's a way to get rid of that WD you get from dropping to a dose your brain can't cope with. I don't think there's been a single case of updosing not being able to remove a person's WD? That's why it makes sense to spread your taper in the first place. I know you've had a bad period for 3 months, but when did you start experiencing WD symptoms? Was there a dose that you felt better, stable, normal at?

I guess updosing to that dose might not be a bad idea, well at least that's what I would do (that's what I did with my own Prozac bridge, to repeat myself 30mg didn't fully remove my Zoloft WD, so I increased all the way to 40mg so I felt completely WD symptom free before tapering). If it's not too high, I guess.

thanks I ,your correct the last 3  months have been horiffic but im more than 2 years in withdrawl and ive used up all my energy and resources,if this doesnt I welcome hospital with open arms .thanks for your input .

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Yes, "bad period" was a bit of an understatement. It really sounds nightmarish, what you're going through. I really hope it never comes to hospital.

Take care

44 minutes ago, peng said:

pb, you are not being melodramatic, chum, based on what you have been/are going through.

Don't criticise yourself so much (I appreciate, from reading your posts for some time, that it is a favourite habit!)

Wishing the best for your new strategy, which you have considered adopting.

I do hope you will feel a little better.  Even a little lifting of mood will be noticed by your loved ones (I can vouch for that) and will make things better for them.  Maybe that will set the burden you are chained to in motion.

Thanks peng im just scared and wondering is there point trying to close the door after the horse has bolted ,waiting for pysio appointment here and can't keep my eyes open,if I was an animal they'd put me down.sciatica has me in pain also .what next hey lol.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB. I updosed on my ad’s and got relief. I was tapering too quickly , I realise that now. There are people on here with a lot more knowledge of ad’s than me but I know a lot about alcoholism. Meetings and the 12 steps will help with your general sense of well being. Isolating is such a bad thing for us . I know that I could convince myself that a drink would help me cope better with these withdrawals from my ad . What a mistake that would be !! AA meetings keep things in perspective for me . I know a drink will not help and will only make my ad withdrawals far,far worse. I try to keep everything in the day,  PB. If I’m suffering,  I try to think , it’s just for today. I might feel different tomorrow. I can cope with anything for a day.

Good Luck

Steve