Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Moderator Emeritus
26 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi

Thanks for the replies. This let time do its thing is wearing thin on me lol. We are talking 32 month here. I know i have to make my own mind up. 

You talk about every morning was a reset. Do you mean were you feel ok before going to bed and feel abit normal at night? Then when you wake in the morning, you are back to miserable and anhedonic etc?

If so,,, i have this big time. 

Oh yes, absolutely.  Tell me about it.  I quit my Lexapro dose on Feb 27, 2008 and didnt feel close to 100% by Spring of 2012.  At 32 months out, if I were you, ride it out more.  You're this far out.  I am not your doctor so do what you think is right for you.  But I am telling you from my experience, I rode it out and it paid off.  

Yeah, at night I would feel some sort of relief from the anxiety/akathasia/racing thoughts.  Yes,close to normal-ish.  When I would see the next morning, bam!!!  back to the anxiety, racing thoughts, akathasia, deep deep depression.  Anhedonia was prevalent throughout the day.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Hi , Aeroman i'm italian guy who suffered from Paxil WD since December 2018 now i'm attend my 26ish months in Bad WD,my primary symptoms is DIZZINESS /instability sensation in  this 26 months i experienced all the symptoms in the list. Actually i feel in a suffer with no end(i'm exausted) . i read your story and i'm proud of you and your strenght.

my question is : at 26 months what are your sensation? your remaning issues? and the last is you suffered all the 4 years or gradually improve?

thks for reply and sorry for my bad english!!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, Cerre923 said:

Hi , Aeroman i'm italian guy who suffered from Paxil WD since December 2018 now i'm attend my 26ish months in Bad WD,my primary symptoms is DIZZINESS /instability sensation in  this 26 months i experienced all the symptoms in the list. Actually i feel in a suffer with no end(i'm exausted) . i read your story and i'm proud of you and your strenght.

my question is : at 26 months what are your sensation? your remaning issues? and the last is you suffered all the 4 years or gradually improve?

thks for reply and sorry for my bad english!!

Hello! At 26 months, I had anhedonia/depression and some dizzy issues. I was feeling flat. Small windows here and there. Your symptoms are common. I gradually improved throughout the 4 years, not linear. All 4 years were not bad everyday. I tend to feel relief in the evenings. No worries, I understand. 

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Hi @Aeroman. Were your ability to converse, form sentences, articulate thoughts and social skills impacted by WD? If so were they still an issue at 2 years & did this types of skills return when recovered? 

Thanks 🙏.

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Kimboslice said:

Hi @Aeroman. Were your ability to converse, form sentences, articulate thoughts and social skills impacted by WD? If so were they still an issue at 2 years & did this types of skills return when recovered? 

Thanks 🙏.

I had trouble. I felt "dumbed down" for a lack of better words. Brain fog, etc. Bad short term memory. At 2 years? Yes. But slightly improving. After recovery, all normal. 

Awesome. I’m certainly improving albeit slowly. Very encouraging. Thank You.

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

@Aeroman, thanks for continuing to provide your feedback. When I started my Lexapro taper, I thought I was different and could muscle my way through it. NOPE! I had to learn it the hard way too. It took me a little over 25 months to complete my taper and I've been drug free since 9/2/2020. The waves were excruciating during my taper, but since reaching zero, they are more manageable and less frequent. Still pretty dang bad, compared to pre withdrawal life though. I'm struggling pretty bad these last couple of days in a high stress/anxiety and minimal sleep wave now, but I know it will pass. Upper back, neck and shoulder pain is constant with flare ups during waves, (I believe due to cortisol). General stress and anxiety are high most of the time, but I do have days, and sometimes weeks, where I feel really good, like 'normal'.

I'm in this for the long haul though, never going back on an AD med. I find encouragement that you and others have fully recovered over time. I know I'll get there too. It is a SLOW process. Thanks, Iowan

1999: Paxil ?? mgai (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) - stopped cold turkey
2001-03: Celexa ?? mgai (Citalopram Hydrobromide) - switched to Lexapro
2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 7, 2019-April 28, 2019: Lexapro 3.548 mgai - updosed to level out
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!
September 2, 2020: Lexapro 0.000 mgai / 0 mgpw / 100% Taper COMPLETE!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/23/2021 at 4:31 AM, Iowan said:

@Aeroman, thanks for continuing to provide your feedback. When I started my Lexapro taper, I thought I was different and could muscle my way through it. NOPE! I had to learn it the hard way too. It took me a little over 25 months to complete my taper and I've been drug free since 9/2/2020. The waves were excruciating during my taper, but since reaching zero, they are more manageable and less frequent. Still pretty dang bad, compared to pre withdrawal life though. I'm struggling pretty bad these last couple of days in a high stress/anxiety and minimal sleep wave now, but I know it will pass. Upper back, neck and shoulder pain is constant with flare ups during waves, (I believe due to cortisol). General stress and anxiety are high most of the time, but I do have days, and sometimes weeks, where I feel really good, like 'normal'.

I'm in this for the long haul though, never going back on an AD med. I find encouragement that you and others have fully recovered over time. I know I'll get there too. It is a SLOW process. Thanks, Iowan

Hi Iowan, yes, you gotta just literally take it day by day. How are your mornings going compared to evenings? Keep us posted. 

9 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Hi Iowan, yes, you gotta just literally take it day by day. How are your mornings going compared to evenings? Keep us posted. 

I'm able to go to sleep in the evening at the drop of a hat. I usually want to go to sleep between 7:00 and 8:00 PM most nights, but I try to stay up until 10:00.

My mornings are much worse than my evenings. I rarely awaken with severe panic attacks, like I did when I was tapering, but I still awaken between 1:00 and 3:00 AM with racing thoughts and anxiety, unable to go back to sleep. I'm dealing with one of these waves now that's been going for the past 4-5 days or so. Today, I've been up since 1:00. Once I determined I was unable to go back to sleep, I turned on the TV and watched YouTube videos, and had a hundred short 10 second periods of sleep, only to be sprung back awake each time. At least I'm not being jolted with electric shocks when I wake anymore, so that's a positive.

My anxiety in the AM is extremely high, and I'm completely gassed from lack of sleep and tossing/turning. I push through my work day and as the day progresses, I tend to start feeling better in the afternoon. By the evening, I feel almost normal, but exhausted.

In my good days, I sleep in until 5:00 or 6:00 AM, and I don't wrestle with the anxiety quite as bad as I do when I'm in my waves. It's as close to normal as I've felt in 2.5 years, just prior to reaching Lexapro 'poop-out' and beginning my taper. I thank God every time I get to experience one of these windows and pray that they continue as long as possible.

I AM GETTING BETTER THOUGH! So much better than where I was. I know I'll get there. It's just going to take more time.

2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Iowan said:

I'm able to go to sleep in the evening at the drop of a hat. I usually want to go to sleep between 7:00 and 8:00 PM most nights, but I try to stay up until 10:00.

My mornings are much worse than my evenings. I rarely awaken with severe panic attacks, like I did when I was tapering, but I still awaken between 1:00 and 3:00 AM with racing thoughts and anxiety, unable to go back to sleep. I'm dealing with one of these waves now that's been going for the past 4-5 days or so. Today, I've been up since 1:00. Once I determined I was unable to go back to sleep, I turned on the TV and watched YouTube videos, and had a hundred short 10 second periods of sleep, only to be sprung back awake each time. At least I'm not being jolted with electric shocks when I wake anymore, so that's a positive.

My anxiety in the AM is extremely high, and I'm completely gassed from lack of sleep and tossing/turning. I push through my work day and as the day progresses, I tend to start feeling better in the afternoon. By the evening, I feel almost normal, but exhausted.

In my good days, I sleep in until 5:00 or 6:00 AM, and I don't wrestle with the anxiety quite as bad as I do when I'm in my waves. It's as close to normal as I've felt in 2.5 years, just prior to reaching Lexapro 'poop-out' and beginning my taper. I thank God every time I get to experience one of these windows and pray that they continue as long as possible.

I AM GETTING BETTER THOUGH! So much better than where I was. I know I'll get there. It's just going to take more time.

when I read your description, I smiled a bit because you literally wrote my story when I was going through the same thing...word per word.  I will tell you, you will come out ahead of this. And I am glad you are getting better!  It is just a matter of time.

• Mentor

@Aeromanim just looking through your posts! So happy you recovered! I had taken cipro summer 2020 while tapering lex and I went into a wave of anxiety in October 2020. Been feeling better and better as months go by! I had to take it again in February but no anxiety this time just can’t focus or concentrate. You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you !

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

Aeroman, I was looking for a lexapro success story and I gravitated to yours because I was also on lexapro for 2.5 years. I gained probably 30 pounds from it and I’m usually a small woman, my normal is around 125 so 30 is a ton for me. I did a poor taper ending in November and the anxiety was already kind of bad but I went into full on I want to die mode within a month. I read through a lot of your posts and it gave me some hope. I feel so bad right now. I also saw that your work in Orange County and I do too. Honestly that made me feel better because I feel like an outsider here lately. I felt like I was the only one who could possibly be going through this here where everything is plastic and perfect. Also having work issues where I’m used to being a top performer but have so much trouble right now and a boss who basically told me that that is how it looks - confirming my fear and making me feel worse about myself. 

Zoloft 100mg - June 2015-April 2018 - 2 month taper, had extreme antsiness (different from my normal anxiety) previously said 25mg, was wrong

Xanax 0.25-0.5mg - Aug 2018- Dec 2020 - Rarely took, probably less than every other month. Over 2020 holidays took 0.5mg 5-6times

Escitalopram 10mg - Aug 2018 - Nov 2020 - tapered over 5 months:

June 25 2020 - Aug 14 2020 - Can't remember what I did but assuming it was 5mg this whole time.

Aug 14 2020 - Oct 24th 2020?? - 2.5mg for awhile, then every 27 hrs. Kept trying to extend length of hrs, up to 36. This is where symptoms got bad but I was able to tolerate as it was more fatigue and irritability.

Oct 25 2020 - mid Nov 2020 - 1.25mg every 24-36 hours, then ct. These are estimates because I was cutting the pills and this is 1/8 of 10mg but by now, it was dust. Tried just having the dust toward the end.

Dec 27 2020 major crying spells and depressive, empty/hopeless feeling dead thoughts. Had a couple ok days, a couple really bad ones a week out.

Reinstated liquid Escitalopram 0.15mg - Jan 12 2021  -  Mar 5 2021 - 0.14mg. Mar 16 2021 - 2.5mg. Mar 17 2021 - 5mg. May 21 2021 - 4.8mg. May 28 2021 4.6mg. Jun 9 2021 4.5mg. Jul 7 4mg. Aug 7 2021 3.6mg. Sep 7 2021 3.2mg. Oct 7 2021 2.8mg. Nov 5 2021 2.45mg. Dec 6 2021 2.2mg. Jan 22 2022 2mg. Feb 13 2022 1.9mg. Mar 2 2022 1.8mg. Mar 18 2022 1.7mg. Apr 5 2022 1.6mg. Apr 22 2022 1.5mg. May 13 2022 1.34mg. Jun 16 2022 1.2mg. Jul 16 2022 1.08mg. Aug 13 2022 .97mg. Sep 11 2022 .87mg. Sep 21 2022 .8mg. Sep 27 2022 .7mg. Oct 8 .6mg. Oct 20 .5mg. Nov 1 .4mg. Nov 13 .34mg. Nov 17 .3mg. Nov 24 .24mg. Nov 30 .18mg. Dec 7 .14mg. Dec 8 .12mg. Dec .1mg. Dec 19 .06mg. Dec 24 .02mg. Dec 31 0mg!!

Fluoxetine bridge - Mar 31 2021 - 10mg. Still on this

Reinstated BC (Nuvaring) - Feb 21 2021. 

And my brain is so bad I didn’t even register that I was on it less than 2.5 years....that’s how long I’ve been at this job. So frustrating to lose it all when you are normally sharp with a good memory. It makes me want to cry. 

Zoloft 100mg - June 2015-April 2018 - 2 month taper, had extreme antsiness (different from my normal anxiety) previously said 25mg, was wrong

Xanax 0.25-0.5mg - Aug 2018- Dec 2020 - Rarely took, probably less than every other month. Over 2020 holidays took 0.5mg 5-6times

June 25 2020 - Aug 14 2020 - Can't remember what I did but assuming it was 5mg this whole time.

Aug 14 2020 - Oct 24th 2020?? - 2.5mg for awhile, then every 27 hrs. Kept trying to extend length of hrs, up to 36. This is where symptoms got bad but I was able to tolerate as it was more fatigue and irritability.

Oct 25 2020 - mid Nov 2020 - 1.25mg every 24-36 hours, then ct. These are estimates because I was cutting the pills and this is 1/8 of 10mg but by now, it was dust. Tried just having the dust toward the end.

Dec 27 2020 major crying spells and depressive, empty/hopeless feeling dead thoughts. Had a couple ok days, a couple really bad ones a week out.

Reinstated liquid Escitalopram 0.15mg - Jan 12 2021  -  Mar 5 2021 - 0.14mg. Mar 16 2021 - 2.5mg. Mar 17 2021 - 5mg. May 21 2021 - 4.8mg. May 28 2021 4.6mg. Jun 9 2021 4.5mg. Jul 7 4mg. Aug 7 2021 3.6mg. Sep 7 2021 3.2mg. Oct 7 2021 2.8mg. Nov 5 2021 2.45mg. Dec 6 2021 2.2mg. Jan 22 2022 2mg. Feb 13 2022 1.9mg. Mar 2 2022 1.8mg. Mar 18 2022 1.7mg. Apr 5 2022 1.6mg. Apr 22 2022 1.5mg. May 13 2022 1.34mg. Jun 16 2022 1.2mg. Jul 16 2022 1.08mg. Aug 13 2022 .97mg. Sep 11 2022 .87mg. Sep 21 2022 .8mg. Sep 27 2022 .7mg. Oct 8 .6mg. Oct 20 .5mg. Nov 1 .4mg. Nov 13 .34mg. Nov 17 .3mg. Nov 24 .24mg. Nov 30 .18mg. Dec 7 .14mg. Dec 8 .12mg. Dec .1mg. Dec 19 .06mg. Dec 24 .02mg. Dec 31 0mg!!

The past week and a half has been a rough one. We don't realize how important sleep is until we are deprived of it. It will come, eventually.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, Heath said:

@Aeromanim just looking through your posts! So happy you recovered! I had taken cipro summer 2020 while tapering lex and I went into a wave of anxiety in October 2020. Been feeling better and better as months go by! I had to take it again in February but no anxiety this time just can’t focus or concentrate. You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you !

glad you are feeling better.  Yes, I learned really quick to stay away from Cipro.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, tryingtosurvive330 said:

Aeroman, I was looking for a lexapro success story and I gravitated to yours because I was also on lexapro for 2.5 years. I gained probably 30 pounds from it and I’m usually a small woman, my normal is around 125 so 30 is a ton for me. I did a poor taper ending in November and the anxiety was already kind of bad but I went into full on I want to die mode within a month. I read through a lot of your posts and it gave me some hope. I feel so bad right now. I also saw that your work in Orange County and I do too. Honestly that made me feel better because I feel like an outsider here lately. I felt like I was the only one who could possibly be going through this here where everything is plastic and perfect. Also having work issues where I’m used to being a top performer but have so much trouble right now and a boss who basically told me that that is how it looks - confirming my fear and making me feel worse about myself. 

Hello!  Wow, yes, a lot of similarities.  OC is so nice, especially the weather. Time flies when on Lexapro.  I think I gained about the same or more weight.  It is horrible.  I remember asking the doc that if I exercised and ate better, could I lose weight on Lexapro and he said no.  I was crushed but I was feeling super good in an artificial kinda way.  The anxiety, for me, was the worse.  I wasn't able to focus when my tummy and chest was feeling butterflies - I was so amped up.  It would mess up my sleep and felt dread throughout the day.  I employed the Dr. Claire Weekes Method and it works!  Feel free to keep in touch.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Iowan said:

The past week and a half has been a rough one. We don't realize how important sleep is until we are deprived of it. It will come, eventually.

I agree.  I will come back eventually.

11 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

I remember asking the doc that if I exercised and ate better, could I lose weight on Lexapro and he said no.  I was crushed but I was feeling super good in an artificial kinda way.  The anxiety, for me, was the worse.  I wasn't able to focus when my tummy and chest was feeling butterflies - I was so amped up.  It would mess up my sleep and felt dread throughout the day.  I employed the Dr. Claire Weekes Method and it works!  Feel free to keep in touch.

Thanks so much for the response aeroman. Nothing I did could make the weight come off and my doctor said it wasn’t the meds, it was me, and that I should exercise and eat less to get rid of it. The anxiety is so bad for me too, my intro topic starts with the gut wrenching and inability to eat too which messed up my day and sleep. 

I downloaded the Claire weekes book awhile ago and need to listen to it. I hope it helps me. Going through all this and being single and feeling alone is so awful. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 3/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, tryingtosurvive330 said:

Thanks so much for the response aeroman. Nothing I did could make the weight come off and my doctor said it wasn’t the meds, it was me, and that I should exercise and eat less to get rid of it. The anxiety is so bad for me too, my intro topic starts with the gut wrenching and inability to eat too which messed up my day and sleep. 

I downloaded the Claire weekes book awhile ago and need to listen to it. I hope it helps me. Going through all this and being single and feeling alone is so awful. 

you are not alone.  We are all here to support.  I know how one feels alone in their mind.  Like a foreigner in their own body.  It is temporary.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I am 10,5 month off drugs .. felt better ... Now I am in a terrible Wave with all the Symptoms and new ones ! You also had 10 month Wave ? :(

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

On 3/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, Aeroman said:

you are not alone.  We are all here to support.  I know how one feels alone in their mind.  Like a foreigner in their own body.  It is temporary.

Hi Friend. I’ve had a lot happen in these past few months but my issues are emotional numbness and anhedonia. I took lexapro for just 2 weeks and seroquel for a week. It’s like I would sit and watch a tv show and have to imagine what I’d be feeling normally. I feel like I have to think hard to understand people because my mind is constantly asking if I’ll get better. I am actually able to experience laughter and finding things funny at times which I’m grateful for. But besides that and negative emotions not much exists :/. You think I can get better? I cold turkey’s but I was in for such a short time. I wonder if I made an unrecoverable

mistake.

Jan 2021-

• Contracted covid, extreme anxiety, tried on various drugs for 1-2 days in psych ward
  • lexapro(5mg) 2 weeks
  • seroquel (50-100mg) 1 week

Feb 2021- 

• Stopped both lexapro and seroquel with 1-2 day taper due to numbness/dpdr
  • Felt anxiety and emotions return for 2 weeks, dealing with anxiety again, then sudden numbness
  • 3 days of numbness
  • Got on Wellbutrin XL 150mg - present

April 2021- 

• Still taking Wellbutrin, which seems to help some with energy and a tiny bit with emotions, considering tapering off slowly if I can handle it. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Aeroman-  I admire your approach to making it through this difficult process.  I’m in the throes of it now;  approaching 11 months off.  I seem to be having windows and waves with my evenings usually not bad and mornings typically pretty rough. Inner restlessness, insomnia (sleeping 4-5 hours then occasionally back to sleep), sensitive to light/sound, fear, cortisol spikes, periods of sadness.  It’s fun times as you understand.  My question for you is how did you approach life?  Did you push yourself to do things?  I read you worked during your recovery. My struggle is how much do i push myself to do versus sit back.  I’ve got 3 kids that I’m busy with which make it hard to sit back.  My job requires that i drive allot.  Some days 5 hours.  I’m wondering if in need to back off.   I’m curious how you approached your recovery. 

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

Zoloft  100 MG April18-april 22, 2020

Buspirone 20 mg from April 18-May 18

10 mg from May 18 - May 27 2020

Lexapro 5 mg from April 22 through May 1st

10 mg from May 1 through June 1

5 mg from June 1 though june 18

2.5 mg from June 18 through June 25

1.25 mg from June 25 through July 4 2020

Ambien -  2.5 mg  April 21 and 26 2020

Trazodone 50 mg-  3 times late April and 4 days the first week in June 2020

Supplements:  Melatonin .23 mg

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2017 at 11:48 PM, dini84 said:

I so needed to read your post today! I did not know about SA while tapering of Sertraline the first time, or while experiencing the WD symptoms after fast taper, and never knew about SA during my reinstatement of Sertraline, and was going off my doctor's advice as far as tapering and titrating this whole time, and so today I feel like a complete mess. He had me jumping around in doses (trying to "find your sweet spot" as he so grinningly worded it) and so now I feel like it's taken a huge toll on my body. I am going through another massive wave, and I feel exhausted, cannot concentrate, restless, anxious, you name the symptom I have it and have had it for almost a week now and feels like it will never end or get better. Prior to this, while still on 57mg before my doc had me try tapering last week, I was feeling better. I was finally feeling some emotion after having the apathy for so long. But now I am back to square one. I hate being on this stuff, and today especially feels like it's never going to get better.

But I read your story and feel more positive in knowing this too shall pass. Thanks for your update! It will help tons of people like it did me. :)

Dinni while you were withdrawing you felt exhausted ? was it due to vivid dreams ? or you didn't had any ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

On 10/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, Aeroman said:

Like 3.5 years. You'll get them back. Have faith. That's all I had left. 

it took all your symptoms to dissapeare by 3 years . OMG.

what do you mean by eye floaters ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

it took all your symptoms to dissapeare by 3 years . OMG.

what do you mean by eye floaters ?

they all had a different timeline. eye floaters are these gel like things in the eyeball and you can see them at first.  After awhile, my brain adjusts to them like your shoes adjust to your feet.  you don't even notice your shoes 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aeroman.

how are you doing now? I’m 3 months off Mirtazapane and really hoping for some encouragement. I felt like I was getting better and better but 2 days ago woke at 4am with racing mind and heart thumping so now can’t eat or sleep. Did you have these set backs that you got over and felt better for afterwards? 
I have a baby to look after and I’m still working and it’s all so much for me, no sleep and feeling so anxious is so hard. 🙏

Sertraline 100mg (1 day) then 50mg for 8 weeks March 2020 - May 2020 bad reaction, no medications until October 2020 mirtazapine October 2020 until 7th July 2021 didn’t realise I was in sertraline WD during this time also started natural progesterone January 2021 and started supplements to reduce cortisol and oestrogen April 2021 also Metformin as has insulation resistance not sure if to still take this currently on no medications  

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Kate2301 said:

Hi Aeroman.

how are you doing now? I’m 3 months off Mirtazapane and really hoping for some encouragement. I felt like I was getting better and better but 2 days ago woke at 4am with racing mind and heart thumping so now can’t eat or sleep. Did you have these set backs that you got over and felt better for afterwards? 
I have a baby to look after and I’m still working and it’s all so much for me, no sleep and feeling so anxious is so hard. 🙏

Hi Kate, I am still doing good, thanks.  w/d is nothing more than a memory now for me - not an experience.  Sorry to hear about your issues post Mirtazapane.  I am not familiar with it but what I do know is that 3-months after any type of these medications is still pretty early on in w/d if getting off them too fast.  You actually are closely following my timeline with my experience on Lexapro.  I have described the acute issues post Lexapro with physical symptoms like nausea, irritability, loss of appetite, dizziness, etc.  This I labeled as Phase I.  Then things go back to normal for a bit....then....

Phase II.  It hit me around the 4th month mark.  I best describe it as the worse anxiety and depression I have ever experienced.  It brought me down to my knees and I wanted to end it.  Yes, it started with the 3 or 4am wake up call.  I felt the butterflies around my chest and stomach and there was nothing I could do to go back to sleep.  I went through months of insomnia.  My mind was racing as well - it would play, rewind, play, rewind...exhausting.  So yes, I sure had these setbacks and I used the Dr. Claire Weekes' method to help me deal with them.  It took some time but all those issues went away.  The best I could describe was that my brain finally got tired and bored of giving me anxiety.  What I did was basically ACCEPTED that what I was going through was absolutely normal under the circumstances.  It takes practice to accept and that is what I did.  Instead of getting up out of bed and running around to "make it go away", I faced it.  I basically told "it" to bring it on.  I knew deep down in my heart this would not kill or hurt me.  Sure, it felt like ****!!!  But it was not going to take me down if I faced it and invited it more.  While you looking over your baby and/or working, you should listen to Dr. Weekes' recordings.  I am unsure if I could paste the link here but if not, message me through the messenger here.  I played the recordings over and over as if she was talking directly to me.  She was an amazing person.  She also published a book I highly recommend, "Dr Claire Weekes: Hope and Help for Your Nerves".  Keep me posted, you are not alone...even if you feel like a foreigner in your own mind/body.

This goes for all of you out there.  What you are experiencing is temporary.  If I got through it, you will too - whether you believe it or not.

Love. Peace. Tacos.    

Hello Aeroman!  Thanks for all of your support and feedback!  You mentioned that the worst of it for you lasted about a year or so.  When things started to alleviate did you still have some of the symptoms revisit?  Like the restlessness and insomnia, were there times that you had waves after 12 months with those symptoms?  

thanks!  

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Fightinghard said:

Hello Aeroman!  Thanks for all of your support and feedback!  You mentioned that the worst of it for you lasted about a year or so.  When things started to alleviate did you still have some of the symptoms revisit?  Like the restlessness and insomnia, were there times that you had waves after 12 months with those symptoms?  

thanks!  

Hello FightingHard....you're welcome.  Yes, I had some symptoms revisit me.  Restlessness, anhedonia, eye floaters, and dizziness/vertigo are the issues I recall right now.  Yes, absolutely I had waves post 12-months.  Now that I knew what they were, I did self talk, "Oh, you're back".  I did a lot of self talking...I had to.  No one else knew from the outside what I was feeling/experiencing.  They didn't see a broken bone or a scraped knee.  I spoke a lot to God and I asked Him to not let me go.  I also spoke a lot to myself validating that I wasn't "losing it".

Thanks aeroman!  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aeroman.. I'm 33 months now. I've had some really clear stints where my symptoms have dramatically improved but I'm still prone to harsh waves that leave me feeling wrecked.. and vulnerable. Did you still get strong waves this far out. Had the process become more linear by this point? As I've said the improved phases have been so encouraging but I cant figure if my panic at what I know is just a wave is irrational. I don't want the wonderful improvements I have had to be temporary lol.  

Hi Aeroman, You’re did an amazing job overcoming withdrawal and to now be supporting us all like this.  All I can do is offer my deepest gratitude for all you are doing 🙏. I’m 34 months free from long term use and a fast track 3.5 month taper from 40 mgs of Lexapro. I’m stuck, I feel that this is me now. Morning cortisol rushes eased a little but now are back with a vengeance. I have zero stress tolerance and lack of motivation is debilitating. There is so much that needs doing and I struggle to even unload the dishwasher. How did your lack of motivation ease. I know it was gradual but can you tell us how you got back into that dusty garage. How much did you have to push yourself in there or did you just wait it out with distractions until one day you felt the urge to open the door? I’d love to know your journey through this. Thanks again for all your support, take care and enjoy 😊 

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/24/2021 at 3:40 AM, Kimboslice said:

Hi Aeroman.. I'm 33 months now. I've had some really clear stints where my symptoms have dramatically improved but I'm still prone to harsh waves that leave me feeling wrecked.. and vulnerable. Did you still get strong waves this far out. Had the process become more linear by this point? As I've said the improved phases have been so encouraging but I cant figure if my panic at what I know is just a wave is irrational. I don't want the wonderful improvements I have had to be temporary lol.  

Hello, yes, at 33 months, I still had issues, mainly anhedonia/depression and stints of anxiety.  I wouldn't say strong waves but present.  No, not linear.  I stopped analyzing if my panic was from w/d, normal, or from issues pre-SSRI.  I used the Dr. Claire Weekes method to accept, accept, and accept.  The wonderful improvements will be more part of your normal life.

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Katy398 said:

Hi Aeroman, You’re did an amazing job overcoming withdrawal and to now be supporting us all like this.  All I can do is offer my deepest gratitude for all you are doing 🙏. I’m 34 months free from long term use and a fast track 3.5 month taper from 40 mgs of Lexapro. I’m stuck, I feel that this is me now. Morning cortisol rushes eased a little but now are back with a vengeance. I have zero stress tolerance and lack of motivation is debilitating. There is so much that needs doing and I struggle to even unload the dishwasher. How did your lack of motivation ease. I know it was gradual but can you tell us how you got back into that dusty garage. How much did you have to push yourself in there or did you just wait it out with distractions until one day you felt the urge to open the door? I’d love to know your journey through this. Thanks again for all your support, take care and enjoy 😊 

Hi Katy, I am grateful people helped me in the past.  Yes, 3.5 months was pretty fast.  Mine was about 1-month and it was horrible.  You may feel crummy now but it won't be forever.  Yes, this morning cortisol rushes are the worst.  Are they happening around 3am?  Mind racing?  Time healed the lack of motivation.  It took a while.  I found myself reading more car restoration forums instead of SSRI w/d ones.  I knew it was improving over a slow gradual time.  I didn't do anything special.  I watched a lot of movies to let time pass.

did you just wait it out with distractions until one day you felt the urge to open the door? = YES  

I did whatever I could to let time pass.  I told myself, this too shall pass.  And "it's ok not to be ok"

Thanks aeroman. The wave passed.. I’m back to my home (place of birth) and seeing friends and enjoying reminiscing. I’ve seen vast improvement over the last 6 months but my god the waves still fill me with utter dread. You automatically go.. omg I’m not getting better.. what if this one doesn’t go away and I regress. No matter how much your told / realise this experience consists of completely non linear healing... despite being so many months into it… you still don’t believe it. Cheers for the response and I hope your well.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, Katy398 said:

Do you drink coffee by any chance?