Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, you took Cipro too?  Did you get the good old anxiety (panic attacks) and depression after you finished it?  I was about 2 years recovered from Lexapro when I took it and wow, what a ride.  It took about a year to get over that whole situation.  

I think there is a mix of regular side effects and a sensitive CNS.  I used to not be able to drink any caffeine during wd.  Post wd, I am generally ok with it now.  

I have been generally doing pretty good over all.  It is just that I felt off 2 days after the shot...mood wise. and this subtle adrenaline feeling around my chest mainly during the first half of the day.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Mentor

Yes After cipro and a little during I had sweats, dreams, fatigue and waking at night. And anxiousness and probably depression symptoms laying around and what not. Can’t remember all it was a year or so ago. I think I posted in my intro. 

yes and yes . I don’t remember being as sensitive to other meds as much before trying to get off these drugs. Even weather. And the fast tapers I did - caffeine or nicotine would send my anxiety and cog fog into orbit! It’s weird how life before ssris I never ever thought about side effects of medication. Just did what dr said and swallowed them pills. I’m ok with most of this minor cns sensitivity rt now as long as My head stays above water. 

I didn’t think of it until you mentioned it but I’ve even had the tight chest adrenaline with steroids many years ago. 

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Heath said:

Yes After cipro and a little during I had sweats, dreams, fatigue and waking at night. And anxiousness and probably depression symptoms laying around and what not. Can’t remember all it was a year or so ago. I think I posted in my intro. 

yes and yes . I don’t remember being as sensitive to other meds as much before trying to get off these drugs. Even weather. And the fast tapers I did - caffeine or nicotine would send my anxiety and cog fog into orbit! It’s weird how life before ssris I never ever thought about side effects of medication. Just did what dr said and swallowed them pills. I’m ok with most of this minor cns sensitivity rt now as long as My head stays above water. 

I didn’t think of it until you mentioned it but I’ve even had the tight chest adrenaline with steroids many years ago. 

yes, all that sounds familiar after I took Cipro.

Same here, before wd, I wasn't sensitive to any medications.  Same here - I never thought about side effects of medication before SSRIs.  

I got the steroid injection a week ago today and I still feel off.  Weird mood, subtle adrenaline around my chest throughout the day, and 3am wake up calls w/ and w/o adrenaline.  The $60 million question is: how long is this going to last?  Sounds like I am experiencing steroid withdrawal? LOL.  The fun doesn't end.

I had been recovered for almost 10 years post Lexapro.  Life was great!  Just another setback, that's all.  Not much else I can do than ride it out. 

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Ride it out man. It's temporary, like a bump in the road. That's what I do when life throws me a curve ball now, be it overload of stress or medication, or a residual WD wave. They're nothing like what I experienced when I was in the throws of it, so I just ride it out.

Steroid shots are usually placed deep into thick muscle tissue for two reasons. 1, they're hot and can deteriorate the shot site. 2, for slow release into the body. You'll feel better as time goes on.

My machine shed burned down and destroyed a bunch of my stuff, including outdoor boiler system, (that I use for heating my home), 4 days ago. I was a wreck for a day and a half, thinking I was rolling into a full-blown wave, but thank God it was only short lived. I said, F it, everything's going to be alright, and heating season is coming to an end. I couldn't have let that roll off my back a few months back.

1999: Paxil ?? mgai (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) - stopped cold turkey
2001-03: Celexa ?? mgai (Citalopram Hydrobromide) - switched to Lexapro
2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 7, 2019-April 28, 2019: Lexapro 3.548 mgai - updosed to level out
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!
September 2, 2020: Lexapro 0.000 mgai / 0 mgpw / 100% Taper COMPLETE!

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Iowan said:

Ride it out man. It's temporary, like a bump in the road. That's what I do when life throws me a curve ball now, be it overload of stress or medication, or a residual WD wave. They're nothing like what I experienced when I was in the throws of it, so I just ride it out.

Steroid shots are usually placed deep into thick muscle tissue for two reasons. 1, they're hot and can deteriorate the shot site. 2, for slow release into the body. You'll feel better as time goes on.

My machine shed burned down and destroyed a bunch of my stuff, including outdoor boiler system, (that I use for heating my home), 4 days ago. I was a wreck for a day and a half, thinking I was rolling into a full-blown wave, but thank God it was only short lived. I said, F it, everything's going to be alright, and heating season is coming to an end. I couldn't have let that roll off my back a few months back.

I agree.  All I can do is ride this out.  What other choice do I have, right?  I will never get back on an AD (SSRI). I never took a benzo and don't plan to.

43 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

I agree.  All I can do is ride this out.  What other choice do I have, right?  I will never get back on an AD (SSRI). I never took a benzo and don't plan to.

Heck no, never again!!! I won't take any 'medication' without researching it first, now that I've experienced all of this. Riding it out is the only option.

1999: Paxil ?? mgai (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) - stopped cold turkey
2001-03: Celexa ?? mgai (Citalopram Hydrobromide) - switched to Lexapro
2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 7, 2019-April 28, 2019: Lexapro 3.548 mgai - updosed to level out
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!
September 2, 2020: Lexapro 0.000 mgai / 0 mgpw / 100% Taper COMPLETE!

• Mentor

I like the way y’all think 👍

2013-2018 merry go round

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, LordSuarez said:
Hi Aeroman, can you share what strategies you use to recover? any specific diet?

Hello, no special diet.  I backed off on the caffeine until I felt better.  I did a lot of reading on the SSRI wd forums (lived a lot on them).  I watched a lot of TV/Movies to pass the time.  Read some books, walked a lot.  I did my best to let time pass.

I had psychosis symptoms during taking steroids and that as well as stress led me to take ssri drugs. Some people are very sensitive to drugs even before ssris. Don’t worry it will calm down. Steroid shots and stronger than the pills so it might last a while but it will die down. 
for tendinitis why don’t you try the goodbye lupus protocol instead of the steroids. I have lupus but I’m off all drugs due to having a highly raw diet. 

withdrawal sucks. I’m 3+years off a horrendous kindling and have gone through some mad stress these past few months. Stress is such a killer in withdrawal. It’s really weird to see how the stuff that sets your system on fire is merely a flicker for those around you. Very bizarre 

Put on sertraline in January 2016 50 mg. 100mg Feb 16-May18 

may 18 50 mg some withdrawals 

august 18 rapid taper off. September 22 put on 50 mg due to withdrawals 

2 weeks later up to 100mg. Bad reaction 

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

off since 8 December having waves and windows 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/7/2022 at 1:49 PM, Heal95 said:

I had psychosis symptoms during taking steroids and that as well as stress led me to take ssri drugs. Some people are very sensitive to drugs even before ssris. Don’t worry it will calm down. Steroid shots and stronger than the pills so it might last a while but it will die down. 
for tendinitis why don’t you try the goodbye lupus protocol instead of the steroids. I have lupus but I’m off all drugs due to having a highly raw diet. 

withdrawal sucks. I’m 3+years off a horrendous kindling and have gone through some mad stress these past few months. Stress is such a killer in withdrawal. It’s really weird to see how the stuff that sets your system on fire is merely a flicker for those around you. Very bizarre 

I have improved over the last week or so with some occasional setbacks.  The steroid shot is like a once a year thing which I don't plan to do anymore going forward.  It isn't helping much.  Withdrawal does suck.

16 hours ago, Aeroman said:

I have improved over the last week or so with some occasional setbacks.  The steroid shot is like a once a year thing which I don't plan to do anymore going forward.  It isn't helping much.  Withdrawal does suck.

Hi Aeroman,

how are you ? 
Did your withdrawal symptoms from 2008 come back ? 😯

And yes! WD sucks! 

best regards, 

kara 

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

On 3/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Kara2302 said:

Hi Aeroman,

how are you ? 

And yes! WD sucks! 

best regards, 

kara 

It may not be withdrawal. It may just be side effects from steroids. 
you need to keep that in mind. The side effects of steroids include things like feeling more stressed, anxiety, sleep issues, suicidality and psychosis to name a few. They overlap with withdrawal symptoms so it’s important not to be certain they are withdrawal 

Put on sertraline in January 2016 50 mg. 100mg Feb 16-May18 

may 18 50 mg some withdrawals 

august 18 rapid taper off. September 22 put on 50 mg due to withdrawals 

2 weeks later up to 100mg. Bad reaction 

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

off since 8 December having waves and windows 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/10/2022 at 12:23 AM, Kara2302 said:

Hi Aeroman,

how are you ? 

And yes! WD sucks! 

best regards, 

kara 

Hi Kara, I am having better days, thanks.  No, I don't believe my 2008 withdrawal symptoms came back.  I was doing really well for many years (no depression, no anxiety, great sleep, etc).  I am still a bit sensitized probably from the steroid injection from Feb 17th?  I don't know and I really don't care anymore.  I try not to put focus and attention to it as I am working on focusing outward and not checking within.  Thanks for asking.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Heal95 said:

It may not be withdrawal. It may just be side effects from steroids. 
you need to keep that in mind. The side effects of steroids include things like feeling more stressed, anxiety, sleep issues, suicidality and psychosis to name a few. They overlap with withdrawal symptoms so it’s important not to be certain they are withdrawal 

yes, 100% agree with you.  Besides the issues I had with Cipro back in 2014-2015, I was 150% recovered from SSRI withdrawal.  So, for almost 9 years, I was living life and not even thinking about wd.  So, after this steroid shot, I did develop some "antsy" feelings that have improved over the last 2 weeks.  What I did develop a couple of days after the injection was this weird fear of riding on the front seat of a car (passenger).  If I am the one driving, absolutely no issues.  But if I am a passenger, I get those adrenaline rushes and I try to not put emphasis on them.  I remind myself there is no danger at all.  I do believe they came after the steroid shot but who cares.  I relax towards the sensation to the best of my ability over and over and over.

Happy to hear and happy for you ☺️ I completely understand ! Thanks for answering 😊 wish you wonderful days ! 😊

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

• 2 weeks later...

Aeroman, glad to hear you're recovered! Did you give up caffeine completely or just cut it to around once a week? Thanks for your support. 

June 1 - June 8 2020: 10 MG of Prozac for Panic Attacks * June 9 - July 25 2020: 20 MG of Prozac * July 26 2020 - April 7 2021: 30 MG of Prozac
April 8 2021 - May 8 2021: 20 MG Prozac * May 9 2021 - May 31 2021: 10 MG Prozac
June 1 2021 - July 30 2021: 0 MG, withdrawal symptoms of brain zaps, fatigue, bodyache, headache, and fresh anxiety attacks near the end of July.
August 1 2021 - 5 mg liquid prozac. Stabilized in November, had panic attacks and anxiety in December but tapered anyway. 

January 1 2022 - March 1 2022: 4.5 mg

March 2 - Nov 5 2022: 4.05 mg

Nov 6 2022 - December 15 2022: 4 mg in two syringes.

December 15 2022 - January 1 2023: Attempted Tapering by .01 mg every 3 days, had very bad WD and anxiety symptoms. 

January 1 2023 - May 31 2023: Reinstated to 4 mg in two syringes.  

June 2023 - Present: 4 mg in one syringe. 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Leland said:

Aeroman, glad to hear you're recovered! Did you give up caffeine completely or just cut it to around once a week? Thanks for your support. 

Thanks.  I cut it down some.  Maybe 1-2 / week for coffee.  No espresso for now.  I feel I am still a bit sensitized but nothing like October-December '21

Ha, I must have missed your entire conversation upthread about caffeine and your panic attacks. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Sugar is a much bigger issue for me than coffee, so I'll see what I can do with 1-2 cups a week. It doesn't usually make my anxiety worse, but it can lead to activation sometimes. Also looking into tasty decaf options (there aren't many) so I can get the same taste without the caffeine spike. Thanks again!

June 1 - June 8 2020: 10 MG of Prozac for Panic Attacks * June 9 - July 25 2020: 20 MG of Prozac * July 26 2020 - April 7 2021: 30 MG of Prozac
April 8 2021 - May 8 2021: 20 MG Prozac * May 9 2021 - May 31 2021: 10 MG Prozac
June 1 2021 - July 30 2021: 0 MG, withdrawal symptoms of brain zaps, fatigue, bodyache, headache, and fresh anxiety attacks near the end of July.
August 1 2021 - 5 mg liquid prozac. Stabilized in November, had panic attacks and anxiety in December but tapered anyway. 

December 15 2022 - January 1 2023: Attempted Tapering by .01 mg every 3 days, had very bad WD and anxiety symptoms. 

• Moderator Emeritus
36 minutes ago, Leland said:

Ha, I must have missed your entire conversation upthread about caffeine and your panic attacks. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Sugar is a much bigger issue for me than coffee, so I'll see what I can do with 1-2 cups a week. It doesn't usually make my anxiety worse, but it can lead to activation sometimes. Also looking into tasty decaf options (there aren't many) so I can get the same taste without the caffeine spike. Thanks again!

try out coffee from Costa Rica.  it is very good.  Yeah, you can try the decaf type. I too don't always get triggered with caffeine induced anxiety attacks.  I am not so much of a coffee drink but sometimes I get the urge to get some in the morning.  

Looking at your signature, I too took Prozac as my first medication after my first out of the blue panic attack.  Sounds like you are feeling better I hope.

Yeah a lot less anxiety! Which is nice, dealing with WD is hard enough on its own.

Thanks for the advice about coffee. Do you think your reaction to the coffee late last year had anything to do with your previous struggle with SSRI withdrawal? 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Leland said:

Yeah a lot less anxiety! Which is nice, dealing with WD is hard enough on its own.

Thanks for the advice about coffee. Do you think your reaction to the coffee late last year had anything to do with your previous struggle with SSRI withdrawal? 

SSRI WD is a thing of the past for me.  I am certain of it.  I recovered around April 2012 and have had great years after that (minus the use of Cipro).  But yeah, the lingering issue in 2012 was anhedonia and that went away over time.  All of this stuff takes time to resolve.  I don't know why but it did for me.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Aeromanyour success story is really encouraging! One question at some point of your withdrawal did you get paresthesia symptoms? Im having tingling burning prickling sensations around body that started 2 months after my last lexapro dose 

2013-2021 Lexapro 20mg

10-21 started lexapro tapering

3-22 lexapro free
5-22 started to get paresthesia all over body mainly in legs , numbness, tingling, stinging sensations 

6-22 neurologist started me on Lyrica 25mg twice a day to see if it helps with the paresthesia, got a nerve conduction test which was negative

6-22 neurologist suggested quitting lyrica as it isnt seem to be helping, and reinstating 5mg lexapro to see if it helps with the symptoms, thinking of starting lower at 2.5mg

6-13-22 stopped lyrica by doctor order (only took it 4 days )

6-14-22 reinstated 2.5mg lexapro

6-15-22 neurologist added 10mg amitriptyline to try and help with paresthesia sensory symptoms

6-22-22 updose to 5mg lexapro (bad reaction, paresthesia got worse, back to 2.5mg next day)

6-27-22 went to see a new internal doctor, per symptoms (lack of appetite that had been going on for almost a month, the paresthesia, and gi problems), told me to suspend everything i was taking and take new low dose combination drug (Adepsique) 5mg amitriptyline/ 1.5mg Diazepam / 1mg Perphenazine and 40mg Propranolol for daytime sinus tachycardia

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, Pepms said:

Hi @Aeromanyour success story is really encouraging! One question at some point of your withdrawal did you get paresthesia symptoms? Im having tingling burning prickling sensations around body that started 2 months after my last lexapro dose 

Yes I did. Behind my legs, calves area. It last for a few months and it went away on its own. 

1 hour ago, Aeroman said:

Yes I did. Behind my legs, calves area. It last for a few months and it went away on its own. 

Thanks a lot! Do you remember when did they start like immediately after last dose or later ?

2013-2021 Lexapro 20mg

10-21 started lexapro tapering

3-22 lexapro free
5-22 started to get paresthesia all over body mainly in legs , numbness, tingling, stinging sensations 

6-22 neurologist started me on Lyrica 25mg twice a day to see if it helps with the paresthesia, got a nerve conduction test which was negative

6-22 neurologist suggested quitting lyrica as it isnt seem to be helping, and reinstating 5mg lexapro to see if it helps with the symptoms, thinking of starting lower at 2.5mg

6-13-22 stopped lyrica by doctor order (only took it 4 days )

6-14-22 reinstated 2.5mg lexapro

6-15-22 neurologist added 10mg amitriptyline to try and help with paresthesia sensory symptoms

6-22-22 updose to 5mg lexapro (bad reaction, paresthesia got worse, back to 2.5mg next day)

6-27-22 went to see a new internal doctor, per symptoms (lack of appetite that had been going on for almost a month, the paresthesia, and gi problems), told me to suspend everything i was taking and take new low dose combination drug (Adepsique) 5mg amitriptyline/ 1.5mg Diazepam / 1mg Perphenazine and 40mg Propranolol for daytime sinus tachycardia

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 6/15/2022 at 4:40 PM, Pepms said:

Thanks a lot! Do you remember when did they start like immediately after last dose or later ?

Much later

• 7 months later...

Hi Aeroman, thank you for your success story, may you live long and prosper. I just wanna ask did your symptoms become worse after a few months? I am in my month 4, my baseline is worse than month 2. In fact, since month 3 I started to lose my sleep, I wake up feel as if I haven't slept. I also have agitation and headache. I feel like I am losing it. 

2021/2 - 2021/5: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/5 - 2021/8: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg, venlafaxine 225mg; 2021/8 - 2021/11: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg, mirtazapine 30mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/11 - 2021/12: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg

Crashed, mirtazapine WD(didn't know at that time)

2022/1 - 2022/3: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, bupropion 300mg; 2022/4 - 2022/5:Clonazapem 1mg, venlafaxine 187.5mg, trazodone 100mg

2022/5 - 2022/8/15: Clonazepam 0.5mg(wean off), trazodone 100mg, lexapro 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg

Crashed, suspect to be benzo WD

2022/8/16 - 2022/9/7: Clonazepam  0.5mg, venlafaxine 150mg(side effect this time), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 100mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/9/8 - 2022/10/1: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 50mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/10/2 - 2022/11/8: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, trazodone 25mg

Crashed since 10/9

2022/11/9 - 2022/11/15: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg; 2022/11/16 - 2022/12/2: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg; 2022/12/3 - 2022/12/21: Clonazapem 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 2.5mg

Fly back to China from Canada, 13hrs jet lag triggered severe wave til today.

2022/12/22 - 2023/3/21: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg

2023/3/21 - now: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, dayvigo 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, angela9985 said:

Hi Aeroman, thank you for your success story, may you live long and prosper. I just wanna ask did your symptoms become worse after a few months? I am in my month 4, my baseline is worse than month 2. In fact, since month 3 I started to lose my sleep, I wake up feel as if I haven't slept. I also have agitation and headache. I feel like I am losing it. 

Hello Angela. Yes, my symptoms became worse after my last dose of Lexapro. It was around Month 4 where it got really bad. I had same issue, insomnia, depression, anxiety, akathasia, and back pain. I too felt that I was losing it. I had thoughts of hurting myself and that's when I knew that I "wasn't me". Hang in there and message me often when you would like. You'll get through this....it takes time. 

Thanks. 

• Mentor

@Aeroman Great to hear from you ! 
Hope you’re doing well !

2013-2018 merry go round

Aeroman, when your symptoms came back in month 4, how long before they went away?

Prozac 10mg 1990-1999    -1999-2018 Effexor XR 75 mg capsules

-2018 Dr direct switched me from Effexor 75XR to Cymbalta 20mg XR and 20 mg Metoprolol following irregular heartbeat incident  -Late 2019 began worsening anxiety/ depression symptoms     -2020 Dr direct switched  back to 75 mg Effex XR   Symptoms worsened   -2021 Changed Dr and began therapy for GAD and worsening physical symptoms   -2022 Found this forum and began slow taper by removing beads -    6/7 - 6/10 Effexor 73.2mg  6/11-6/14  Effexor 72.9mg   nightmares, tinnitus, anxiety;  6/15- Effexor XR 72.6mg  6/16 - 6/20 Effexor XR 72.8   nausea, heart palpitations, anxiety, tinnitus 6/22-7/4 hold Effexor XR 72.9-73.1     7/5-7/11  Effexor XR 72.62  7/12 - 7/15  Effexor 72.6  bad symptoms 

7/16-7/17 Effexor XR upped to 72.9  7/18 Effexor XR 72.9  most symptoms gone  hold at 72.9 - 73.0   8/26 - 9/6  Trying to keep dosage under 73. Holding around 72.9 sometime 72.86 due to bead count  Having symptoms most days.

9/6-9/23    Holding at about 72.9-73. Still very ill. No improvement.

9/23 - 11/23  Still keeping dose around 72.9-73

11-23-Jan 14   Held until one week ago. Dropped to 72.75-72.81  terrible WD

1/14- present   Worse WD symptoms. Back to 73.10. Cannot seem to stabilize. 

2/2 - present Holding at about 73 hoping to stabilize  

3/19 - present Dropped to aprox 92.9-92.88. (vary from day to day.) Holding 

Take only Clarinex 5mg for allergies and the Effexor 73 XR. I cannot take any supplements. No caffeine, sugar, soy, gluten, dairy.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:48 AM, Aeroman said:

Hello Angela. Yes, my symptoms became worse after my last dose of Lexapro. It was around Month 4 where it got really bad. I had same issue, insomnia, depression, anxiety, akathasia, and back pain. I too felt that I was losing it. I had thoughts of hurting myself and that's when I knew that I "wasn't me". Hang in there and message me often when you would like. You'll get through this....it takes time. 

Thanks. 

Thank you Aeroman, I sent you a message.

2021/2 - 2021/5: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/5 - 2021/8: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg, venlafaxine 225mg; 2021/8 - 2021/11: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg, mirtazapine 30mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/11 - 2021/12: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg

Crashed, mirtazapine WD(didn't know at that time)

2022/1 - 2022/3: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, bupropion 300mg; 2022/4 - 2022/5:Clonazapem 1mg, venlafaxine 187.5mg, trazodone 100mg

2022/5 - 2022/8/15: Clonazepam 0.5mg(wean off), trazodone 100mg, lexapro 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg

Crashed, suspect to be benzo WD

2022/8/16 - 2022/9/7: Clonazepam  0.5mg, venlafaxine 150mg(side effect this time), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 100mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/9/8 - 2022/10/1: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 50mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/10/2 - 2022/11/8: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, trazodone 25mg

Crashed since 10/9

2022/11/9 - 2022/11/15: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg; 2022/11/16 - 2022/12/2: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg; 2022/12/3 - 2022/12/21: Clonazapem 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 2.5mg

Fly back to China from Canada, 13hrs jet lag triggered severe wave til today.

2022/12/22 - 2023/3/21: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg

2023/3/21 - now: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, dayvigo 5mg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I read your posts yesterday, but forgot almost everything again.

1. At which month were you 100 % healed (without symptoms) from protracted withdrawal from Lexparo  ?

You wrote in your signature that your last dose of Lexapro was February 28, 2008 and that you were cured around 2011. 

Can you remember at which month you were healed in 2011 ? So I can calculate the months myself.

2. At which month were you 100 % healed (without symptoms) from protracted withdrawal from Cipro ?

->

Numbers are very important to me as I am at month 39 and still not cured.

If I knew your exact number, I could set a goal and hope to be healed by this month.

Every success story that has lasted longer than my current number gives me motivation and hope.

Thx.

26, male.
Consumption from age 13 - 22.

Month 40 currently.
Reductions in symptoms at month 4, 6, 18 and 32.

Month 1 - 18 -> TERROR
Month 18 - 32 -> PAINFUL
Month 32 - now -> Unpleasant

Current symptoms: Social anxiety, brain fog, anhedonia, fatigue, low energy, low motivation, low libido, no morning wood, weak bladder and urine stream.

@Aeroman Thank you for sharing your experience, I’m having a rough time since stopping Lexapro. I couldn’t find your full story anywhere but have been reading your response to people over time. So my story is I took 20 mg of lexapro for about 2 years then stopped quickly probably did a 2 weak tapir. I was doing okay for a month had bad stomach pain but just thought it would pass and had some sexual issues like PE so I decided to go back on Lexapro. 3 days after taking it I started having a panic attack that lasted for a weak while taking lexapro I stopped and they put me on Prozac and three days after taking it I started having the panic attacks again. So I stopped I decided I don’t want any ssri’s anymore, I’m now on month three coming on month 4. I’ve been struggling with health anxiety and some waves of depression that don’t normally last more then a day. I have been having stomach pain that has been checked by doctors and scans and is nothing and chest pain that I’ve been told isn’t related to my heart(upper left pectoral).since stopping my heart rate has also been higher then normal I don’t know if that’s from anxiety or anxiety just makes it worse, cardiologist have told me there’s nothing wrong with my heart. I was wondering if you had anything similar and how long it lasted for. Thanks 

• 4 months later...

Hi mate, how long were you on it for and how long did it take you to be free of symptoms?

Escitalopram  approximately 2012 to March 31st 2023 20mg cold turkey.

Back on to escitalopram 10 mg approximately 3weeks later.

Switch to Fluoxetine approximately 3 weeks after that.

Come off Fluoxetine 20 mg 22nd of June cold turkey.

Been on antipsychotics such as Serrequal, Abilify, Zyprexa, and currently on, I can't remember the dates of them.

@Rchicken I'm going  through the exact same thing. I came off on the 31st of March CT and 3 weeks later went back on to escitalopram and then about 3 weeks later changed to Fluoxetine and have been off that for about 3 weeks. Can i ask how you are currently and if you still have any symptoms? I've recently developed insomnia.

Escitalopram  approximately 2012 to March 31st 2023 20mg cold turkey.

Back on to escitalopram 10 mg approximately 3weeks later.

Switch to Fluoxetine approximately 3 weeks after that.

Come off Fluoxetine 20 mg 22nd of June cold turkey.

Been on antipsychotics such as Serrequal, Abilify, Zyprexa, and currently on, I can't remember the dates of them.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, rmce72a said:

Aeroman, when your symptoms came back in month 4, how long before they went away?

It came in different stages because I had so many different symptoms that each of them went away at various times. But the One symptom that stayed with me throughout the entire ordeal was depression, more specifically anhedonia. All that took probably close to 4 years for tot recovery.