archonome: 7 years off. Back on 3 months ago (mistake)

archonome

Hey guys.

i want to offer you some encouragement as well as share my story.

My past:

Tried a variety of antidepressants for 6 years, I don't remember them all except ending with Wellbutrin and effexor(max dose).

I was also addicted to benzos, I remember

taking ON A DAILY basis: 

6g of xanax +

drinking 1 Liter of 8% beer a day

+ smoking 3g of MJ.

So you can imagine how much I was really screwed up.  I ended it all cold turkey, broke in an appartment struggling to pay my bills.

Looking back today, I realise how brave and strong I must've been. By all accounts, I should be dead if I am to believe that

alcohol withdrawal and benzo withdrawal together could kill you. ( I did not know at the time).

I was back to "normal" which meant having anxiety, etc.

Now:

Been taking celexa 20 mg for 3 months only after a tragedy made me resort to it.

I do regret it now as I realise it's not worth not feeling motivated to do anything.

It's like it took the excitement out of my life. I can think about stuff I want to do but they just don't excite me as they should.

I've taken 15mg for past 2 weeks. Now, i'm down at 10mg about 3 days ago.

I feel fine except being tired and not motivated to do any tasks (funny thing is I've felt like this on celexa anyway, nothing changed).

I know the boards recommend a very slow taper but since I've been on only 3 months. I don't want to spend 3 months tapering

which would basically make it 6 months on this drug, and much longer impact on my brain.

I've done cold turkey before on FAR worse as you can tell.

Anyway, just want to share and get your thoughts as well.

Thanks everyone. If my past is any hope to you guys, I am telling you... You will return back to normal.

You might not be cured of anxiety, etc  but you will definitely enjoy feeling SOBER.

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Administrator

Welcome, archonome.

You might hold at 10mg for a few weeks to see how the reductions affected you. The side effects of fatigue and emotional anesthesia might lighten, and that would be good.

These supplements can nurture your nervous system:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Be sure to get at least a half-hour of gentle exercise per day.

Please read this for background:

Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 8 months later...

Arch we would love to hear from you ...any update?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• ChessieCat changed the title to archonome: 7 years off. Back on 3 months ago (mistake)