street129: hi

street129

Hi Street,

I'm sorry your having such a rough time. I don't know when your steroid shot was but that can throw your system out of wack for a good bit.

I had to be hospitalized for almost a week from a reaction just to  Prednisone and that was pre WD. and I still had issues for some time.

Hoping this worsening uptick is a sign your just about to turn the corner and begin to settle down again!

Take care!

Edited by Colonial

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

Hi @street129

Can you maybe hold a few more days because of the steroid shot? It might level out pretty soon.

If you can’t handle it at all, I think it would be ok to updose to the .435.

Let me know what you think. 
Hang in there. It will get better.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with the last reduction. It is quite common for symptoms to flair up several days after a reduction, which it sounds like these did. It also sounds like they are pretty normal symptoms. It would be best to ride them out if possible, so I would add. They should settle down in a few days. It's all part of the pattern for the Brassmonkey Slide. You do a small reduction and have some symptoms that should calm down before it's time to do the next reduction. As you go through the pattern of four reductions the symptoms sometimes get stronger with each one. That's one reason for the longer hold at the end. If need be, you can extend the hold at this level before going down to the next. Doing what your body tells you is very important.

We try to save updosing for when symptoms really get out of control. If they get to the point you can't get out of bed, wash, dress and eat, then an updose might be a good idea. For everyday symptoms though, if we updosed every time they showed up, we'd never finish a taper. Also updosing every time things get rough tends to sensitize the body and can make future symptoms worse and harder to handle.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street129,

Hope you don't mind my copying over your PM out here.  Best to keep your information all in one place.  And we don't want to give conflicting information either.

40 minutes ago, street129 said:

Hi 

I'm doing the brassmonkey scale, I was doing 10% at start of taper in June 2020, things were going good, I had no WD as I taper monthly, but at my 4Rd taper in the month of OCTOBER I'm experiencing hash WD at 410.
Once I stabilizes I will be doing 5%. 

I did post to brassmonkey my thoughts on increase since WD started on 10/4/20, and as of today symptoms is only increasing, brassmonkey last week advised was to try and stick it out which I have agreed, and he also said I can updose at .435 if need be. 

Im uncertain what will happen once I updosed  Can I get an understanding of increasing

My WD are hot skin that it wakes me hourly, headache, nauseous, trimmer off and on. 

I'm gonna update brassmonkey  after I get your thoughts about updoses and what it intails

thanks you so much in advance

stay safe

You must be referring to the brassmonkey slide?  Where you do a 2.5% taper from the previous dose/and or split a 10% taper into increments of 2.5 %.............each week for 4 weeks, and then HOLD for 2 weeks without tapering.

And so you are at 410 mgpw now? 

9/6/20 0.410 mgpw 0.72 mg( maybe this date was off ?, I took this from your signature)

So, if I'm reading right,  you've managed now to go down on your Trazodone, from 250 mg(the ai, or active ingredient, dose strength)..........all the way to 0.72 mg.

Wow street129, you are getting close.

And we do, quite often see members struggle a bit more, once into the lower doses, and that's why we suggest you keep carefully tapering, and perhaps even taking longer HOLDS, if needed.

Updoses are updosing.  I take it you felt okay at the .435 pill weight.  And it's possible that updosing to that might help.  You'd just reweigh your doses and then go with the 435 pill weight again.  And then sit tight with the change in dose.  Once you feel stable enough, that good old WD stable.......then you would resume tapering, with new calculations, for your next decreases.  Don't be embarrassed if you need to take a long HOLD period........in the long run and general scheme of things, that is totally okay.  I mean look how far you have come.

I'm not sure, as it's not clear, but maybe you have just hit a week since your last taper cut.  And then, that bodes well that perhaps some of your symptoms will now start to settle in the next week or two.

.......and I'm seeing some indications that you might have had some recent other stuff going on too.  That could be playing a factor.  The steroid shot in your hip for example.  Then we are into a seasonal shift into fall/winter........I never discount these as having some effect too.

"My WD are hot skin that it wakes me hourly, headache, nauseous, trimmer off and on."

What is trimmer?  Oh, tremor perhaps.  And you have not experienced any of these symptoms before while tapering?

You can do your best with non-drug coping and just HOLD longer.  It's up to you street.

So your sleep is off then too, I imagine.  Are you sleeping in cooler temperatures?  Any chance you are peri-menopausal ? 

Are you eating okay, smaller more frequent meals, high protein, low carb is best.

And of course if you think an illness has arisen, you should check with a doctor.

Oh street129, I guessing that you might just need some extra comfort and encouragement right now.  And happy to offer that.  If it was me, and I'm stubborn, I would probably just take a long HOLD period.  And just for now, or the next month say, throw out the schedule.

Do you know how to get to the Symptoms and Self care forum?  Just go to the main page and you'll see that.  I'm needing to run soon, and so am not going to try and link you up to coping skills, but you'll find many there.  Check out Finding Meaning and even Off Topic too.........there are lot's of nice inspirational things on the site,  and tips on coping.

Okay,  wishing you the best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

50 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street129,

Hope you don't mind my copying over your PM out here.  Best to keep your information all in one place.  And we don't want to give conflicting information either.

You must be referring to the brassmonkey slide?  Where you do a 2.5% taper from the previous dose/and or split a 10% taper into increments of 2.5 %.............each week for 4 weeks, and then HOLD for 2 weeks without tapering.

And so you are at 410 mgpw now? 

9/6/20 0.410 mgpw 0.72 mg( maybe this date was off ?, I took this from your signature)

So, if I'm reading right,  you've managed now to go down on your Trazodone, from 250 mg(the ai, or active ingredient, dose strength)..........all the way to 0.72 mg.

Wow street129, you are getting close.

And we do, quite often see members struggle a bit more, once into the lower doses, and that's why we suggest you keep carefully tapering, and perhaps even taking longer HOLDS, if needed.

Updoses are updosing.  I take it you felt okay at the .435 pill weight.  And it's possible that updosing to that might help.  You'd just reweigh your doses and then go with the 435 pill weight again.  And then sit tight with the change in dose.  Once you feel stable enough, that good old WD stable.......then you would resume tapering, with new calculations, for your next decreases.  Don't be embarrassed if you need to take a long HOLD period........in the long run and general scheme of things, that is totally okay.  I mean look how far you have come.

I'm not sure, as it's not clear, but maybe you have just hit a week since your last taper cut.  And then, that bodes well that perhaps some of your symptoms will now start to settle in the next week or two.

.......and I'm seeing some indications that you might have had some recent other stuff going on too.  That could be playing a factor.  The steroid shot in your hip for example.  Then we are into a seasonal shift into fall/winter........I never discount these as having some effect too.

"My WD are hot skin that it wakes me hourly, headache, nauseous, trimmer off and on."

What is trimmer?  Oh, tremor perhaps.  And you have not experienced any of these symptoms before while tapering?

You can do your best with non-drug coping and just HOLD longer.  It's up to you street.

So your sleep is off then too, I imagine.  Are you sleeping in cooler temperatures?  Any chance you are peri-menopausal ? 

Are you eating okay, smaller more frequent meals, high protein, low carb is best.

And of course if you think an illness has arisen, you should check with a doctor.

Oh street129, I guessing that you might just need some extra comfort and encouragement right now.  And happy to offer that.  If it was me, and I'm stubborn, I would probably just take a long HOLD period.  And just for now, or the next month say, throw out the schedule.

Do you know how to get to the Symptoms and Self care forum?  Just go to the main page and you'll see that.  I'm needing to run soon, and so am not going to try and link you up to coping skills, but you'll find many there.  Check out Finding Meaning and even Off Topic too.........there are lot's of nice inspirational things on the site,  and tips on coping.

Okay,  wishing you the best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

I'm so sorry you didn't understand my post, sorry for the confusion, I'm holding at .410. 

I just wanted your thoughts on updosing and maybe how it affect us as we updose. I know we are all different, but an idea is really helpful.

updosing at .435 which was suggested by brassmonkey if need be, but not to my original dose which was .458,  which I wanted to go back too.

I also found a link on this site about taking fish oil and how it helps with WD.

I would like to start taking this before doing any updose to see if my WD get manageable.

Thank you

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

I get that you are at .410 in pill weight street.  What is that in dose strength mg or mgai(mg active ingrediant)  ?

The way you've reported it looks really low......referring to the 0.72 mg you list after 0.410 mgpw.

Must be more than that.......what was your starting dose, that weighed .458?

I need to run now though, but am interested, and can do the math later.

Important Topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

and then>

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Read the link, on Omega's, if that's what you'd like to start.  And start low, gradually building up.  Most of us split our doses up into 2 or 3 of Omega's, otherwise it can be a lot of capsules to take at once.  I keep mine in the freezer, and take it twice a day.

The magnesium, if you haven't tried it yet, is also very helpful and comes in several forms.  Also good to split the total daily amount throughout the day.

Do hold though, on trying more than one new thing at a time.

How were you doing on .435 pill weight?  That's a safe increment to updose with and I don't think we have any specific links on updosing.  Or hard data.

I never did an updose, just held steady when things got tough, and then resumed tapers when they weren't.   Plenty of members have though, benefited, and then HELD once again, until feeling stable.

In anycase, hope you're into healing again soon street

Have a good day.......

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
22 minutes ago, street129 said:

I also found a link on this site about taking fish oil and how it helps with WD.

I would like to start taking this before doing any updose to see if my WD get manageable.

Great plan street!

@manymoretodays

Math is not my best subject, I'm horrible in it.

I began my first taper in June 2020  by putting 10 of my pills on my scale and was helped in how much I would be tapering which was .507 in weight. I was getting help. 

I did .507  taper for a month and 2 weeks without any WD.  {June- July}

My second taper a month and 2 weeks  .458 with a minimum WD.  {July-AUGUST}

Felt good after 3 days my WD went away. 

MY third taper is what I'm at now .410 and this is the strongest WD that is prolonging. {Sept- october}   The 13th of September I went into WD and today October 13th  2020 I'm still in WD and I did ask brassmonkey about updosing.

I was giving an updose of .435,  from my original dose .458 but was also explained certain things in updosing.  I want to updose, it's  getting dificult than when I first went into WD.
But I'm conflicting cause I don't know if anything gonna change. That's why I was trying to get a second opinion to hear someone else thoughts. I'm scared wanting to updose, but it getting real hard not to. I will consult soon with brassmonkey on whats next, if it comes to it.

I went out today and bought Omega 3 fish oil in liquid form with 800 EPA and DHA 500

and the vitamin E. 
I want to see if I get stable once I start taking these

Magnesium is not good for me I've tried it countless of time.

Im Female by the way.

I appreciate the help that the ones that been helping me, They are great people.

Thanks for hearing me out.

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Yes, I was just working it out, the math, myself.

And so:

You started with a 100 mg dose strength pill/tablet of trazodone.  That weighed .564.

( I found this information starting here, with this post- https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15663-street129-hi/?do=findComment&comment=490272)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

The .507 pill weight brought you to 90 mg of active ingredient, a 10% taper from the starting dose of 100 mg.

And then .458 pill weight brought you to 81 mg of active ingredient a 10% drop from the previous weight and dose(active ingredient, if you will)

Somewhere after that, you went to .456 pill weight......I found that in your narratives.  Maybe you just wanted to drop another little bit, that was only a 1% drop from the previous weight and dose.  That brought your dose, down to 80 mgai.

Now you are at the .410 pill weight....which is another 10% drop from the .456 pill weight, or or 72 mgai/this is your dose.

I don't know if you follow that all, but the .435 pill weight, the suggested updose, would then bring you back up to a 77 mgai/ this would be your  new dose.  A 5 mg increase in dose.

Which might be what you need right now. 

I can certainly support you updosing now.

It's real possible that you need to begin, after you get WD stable, to just begin to microtaper, or taper by less than 10% every 4-6 weeks. 

It looks like brassmonkey was doing some re-calculations here to help you, so you would know exactly what to taper to, by weight.

And we can re- calculate again, after your updose.  And make sure that you are tapering by less, than 10% of each previous dose.......microtapering, in other words.

So street, I'd say go for it.  The updose. 

So you need .435 in pill weight for each dose now.

77 mg will be your dose strength, or mgai, with that weight. 

And that's just fine.  I support your updose.

Keep us updated street.  Hoping Frogie is doing okay too.  We all switch off when we need to, as most of us, even mods, have to self care, and then sometimes just need breaks too.  Other work responsibilities arise too. 

I can check back in the evening tomorrow.  Or latest, in the morning on Thursday.  Busy me........ tomorrow.

Sleep tight, sweetie, 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

And okay, if you decide to stay on the .410 pill weight, until you get a chance to weight out the new doses.

Looks like your Omega 3's will give you a total of 1300 mg combined DHA and EPA.  For day one of usage, why don't you just do a half dose in the morning and then another half dose in the evening, or with your evening meal. 

It will be a low daily dose, but let's not be changing too much this week, when you updose. 

I think the updose will help, but it may take several days to a week.

And back again to edit and ask about your starting dose in June, your total daily dose, before you made any changes to it.  Of trazodone.

Was it really 250 mg, as your signature suggests?

Did  you begin tapering from a 100 mg total daily dose in June?   Or are you taking additional tablets every day?  If so, when, and at what doses?

Account Settings > signature, will bring you to your signature for edits

And happy to help with that.  But, this is important for us to know.  Really important.  Did you jump down from 250 mg to 100 mg prior to tapering.  Or are you taking another tablet/pill(s) besides the one that you are tapering from?  Thanks street.

Edited by manymoretodays
just consolidating weight information on 100 mgai trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Hey, I just edited further.  And we do need to know what your total daily dose is of Trazodone.

I know you started tapering with a 100 mg dose pill/tablet.

Are you taking additional tablets of Trazodone now?

And if so, at what doses and when?

This won't effect the updose at all, but it is so very unclear to me.  Not finding much in your narratives/posts either to answer my question.

Nitey nite.  And thank you for answering questions.

• Moderator Emeritus

......and so.  Went back a bit further in your narratives posts.

And my best guess is.........drumroll please.......that:

You are still taking 150 mg of trazodone in addition to the current tapering dose(since beginning tapering in June, with one of your 100 mg tablets) of 72 mg.

So total nightly dose is at 150 mg + 72 mg = 222 mg

After the updose you'll be back at 150 mg + 77 mg=  227 mg

It's interesting street, because back in 2017, you seemed to have difficulty right around 225 mg and went on back up to 250 mg and held.

So, I can understand your reluctance to updose, but....... we are getting a better feel for just how slowly and carefully we need to go with your taper.  And that's good.

So let me know if I got that right.

Pretty easy to understand my confusion, right?  We need to get to work on your signature, so it is clearer too.  Because it is pretty confusing.......you have to admit.

And I really was not familiar with your case at all, until you PMed me.

And best.  mmt.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Here is a link to a discussion on site, that I thought you might like, in regards to your questions:

After reinstating or updosing, how long to stabilize?

members sharing their experiences and thoughts on updosing, which seemed to be what you have been asking for

Meantime, I've been working hard to gather information, so we can get your signature to reflect what you are taking now.

250mg trazodone

Trazadone 250mg April 7,2015   Aug 21, 2017  taper

200mg -  Aug 21 2017 to Aig 25, 2017

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time.

6/16/20  0.90 mg,    7/26/20   0.81 mg.    9/6/20 0.410 mgpw 0.72 mg

And then I copied your signature above and propose the following,  for edits, of the last 2 lines:

We could also take out that line at the top that just says 250 mg trazodone, as it's there in the next line too.

2020, June 16- began tapering 250 mg of trazodone,  (first taper off of 100 mg tab to 90 mg), total dose now 240 mg

July 26-  trazodone 231 mg,  September 6- Trazodone   222 mg

I got the weights and doses straightened out, 2 posts up, for reference, on one 100 mg trazodone.

And wondering if you could confirm that you are taking another 150 mg trazodone, in addition to the one that you are tapering with?

(that's what I based what I am proposing, for a signature edit on, AND I really want to know)

I also saw that you adjust your tapers usually on Sundays, and wondered if you are going to wait until Sunday then to updose or not updose?

Hope you are doing okay today street.  And yes, I gathered that you were a woman, after backtracking through notes here in your introduction, to try and learn more around your present dosing, and unique case and story.

Don't be shy about posting.

Precious day for me today, and I am beat.  I will update my own introduction someday soon.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@street129

Are you better today?

Just checking on you.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street129,

And sorry that you found my math, and explanations so confusing.

One of the main concerns that I have however, was in regards to how much Trazodone that you are taking each day?

From your signature it looks like you might have dropped all the way from 250 mg of Trazodone, prior to this taper, started in June, of this year, to a present dose of 72 mg.  And that would be very concerning to all of us, if you had made such a huge taper back in June or before.  It's concerning to me, on your behalf. 

And so, I wanted you to clarify just what you take each day of Trazodone?  Just note what pills(and dosages), as well as your weighed amounts please, so I may stop worrying about you.

(The rest, you can ignore, if you would like)

However, I'm going to leave my math, in those posts.  And leave other suggestions.   I put a lot of time and energy into it. You're welcome. 

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

And do post again when you can.  Sorry my attempts at clarity confused you further.  That's no reason to quit posting.  I would hope you want to know what you are taking, what doses, and maybe would perhaps want to know more about your drug.

@manymoretodays

my only drug that i came to this site was trazodone 250mg

To start my taper i was asked to put 10 of my pills on my scale to get a weight, i did, i was doing 10% i give the weight of the 10 pills and i was given for my first taper .507 i did that for a month and 2 weeks, and i was doing good,, i was suppose to start at 5% doing brassmonkey scale but wanted to do 10%, which is not good for me right now it's to hash.

My second taper was .456, I did that for one month and two weeks

a little WD in between the months, but as it came it went away and I was fine.

My third taper is where am right now .410  by the 3rd week in I got WD, Sunday 10/18/20 will be a month and 2 weeks, and I cannot proceed.

Everyday I tell myself this is the day I get better and I don't have to updose, but no luck, 

I have not updose cause I'm scared there might not be any change.

this is brassmonkey scale he did for me at 5% back in 2017 to begin my first taper, its now water under the bridge.

Week one: 570 X .9875 = 563 This is the weight of your first weeks dose.  The display on the scale will show 0.563.

Week two: 570 X .975 = 556 This is the weight of your second weeks dose. The display on the scale will show 0.556.

Week three: 570 X .962 = 548 This is the weight of your third weeks dose.  The display on the scale will show 0.548.

Weeks four through six: 570 X .95 = 542 This is the weight of your last dose.  The display on the scale will show 0.542.

I appreciate all those that has been helping me so far, this is a big forum, and you can get lost up in this place when first coming here never seen one like it.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you street. 

Trazodone comes in the following pill strengths: 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg.

I understand you started working with one 100 mg pill/tablet.

And so, you did a rather large taper then back in June!

Apparently, when you began tapering your dose was 250 mg.

A combination of a couple of those pills.

Your present dose is 72 mg!

Amazing that you have not had too many symptoms until now.  Or until the last couple of weeks.

What kind of symptoms are you having that you might attribute to WD?  Ones, that perhaps were not present in May, or early June?

And I know, it is big and continues to grow in membership here.  It can feel rather intimidating and confusing.  And I'm sorry that such a huge, first jump down, in your trazodone was made, and that none of us, quite caught it.  Yes, I'm also very appreciative of the help I got here.

street, you no longer need to refer to your instructions from 2017, okay?  We can calculate your next tapers, based on that beginning average pill weight, that you did with Frogie, back in June.  For now, please just HOLD.  If you want to try the 5 mg updose, that's fine too,  that would be a weight of .435, and would bring your dose up to 77 mg.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

9 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

She is on .72mg of her original dose. .410 mgpw currently.

Hope that makes sense.

• Moderator Emeritus

Her original dose was 250 mg.

( and this would have been a combination of pills and pill strengths)

One 100 mg pill is not 250 mg.

That's what you started this round of tapering with.

We can remove the decimal point from the .72.  Dose strength is 72 mg.  And thank goodness for that.

Yes, I got it.  It weighs .410.  (see my previous post, thank you)

Best to you both,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Thank you street. 

Trazodone comes in the following pill strengths: 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg.×

I understand you started working with one 100 mg pill/tablet.

And so, you did a rather large taper then back in June!

Apparently, when you began tapering your dose was 250 mg.

A combination of a couple of those pills.

Amazing that you have not had too many symptoms until now.  Or until the last couple of weeks.

What kind of symptoms are you having that you might attribute to WD?  Ones, that perhaps were not present in May, or early June?

And I know, it is big and continues to grow in membership here.  It can feel rather intimidating and confusing.  And I'm sorry that such a huge, first jump down, in your trazodone was made, and that none of us, quite caught it.  Yes, I'm also very appreciative of the help I got here.

street, you no longer need to refer to your instructions from 2017, okay?  We can calculate your next tapers, based on that beginning average pill weight, that you did with Frogie, back in June.  For now, please just HOLD.  If you want to try the 5 mg updose, that's fine too,  that would be a weight of .435, and would bring your dose up to 77 mg.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

my very first taper i put 10 100mg trazodone on my scale to weigh and was given .507 to start at 10%, so are you saying my first taper was to large at 10%,  so what should it have been, and what do i do now, WD are increasing instead of decreasing,  im experiencing very unbearable hot skin in leg and back sometime in my arm all on the left side.

im having headache again right now, and im starting to shake again, so tonight i will updose, .435 its gonna be a wait an see.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

No sweetie,

It's just that you started THIS taper from 100 mg.

My understanding is, that you had been on 250 mg prior to starting this taper.  Which would have meant you were taking a combination of pills, or more than one, to get that dose.

And now you are just working with the one pill of 100 mg.  And so........that alone is a huge drop.

And I am sorry we all overlooked that.

Yes, wait and see right now.  And unfortunately, we can't go back in time right now.

I know you had reported that you were doing pretty well with the tapers, up until this one......or a few weeks after the last taper.

So no problem, if you'd like to go on back up a bit....... to the .435 pill weight or 77 mg total dose.

And I don't mean to add to your distress.  Let's just think of healing, healing, and more healing.

25 minutes ago, street129 said:

im experiencing very unbearable hot skin in leg and back sometime in my arm all on the left side.

im having headache again right now, and im starting to shake again, so tonight i will updose, .435 its gonna be a wait an see.

These can all be symptoms of WD, street.  Yes.  And if need be, go and see the doctor please. 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

39 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

No sweetie,

It's just that you started THIS taper from 100 mg.

My understanding is, that you had been on 250 mg prior to starting this taper.  Which would have meant you were taking a combination of pills, or more than one, to get that dose.

And now you are just working with the one pill of 100 mg.  And so........that alone is a huge drop.

And I am sorry we all overlooked that.

Yes, wait and see right now.  And unfortunately, we can't go back in time right now.

I know you had reported that you were doing pretty well with the tapers, up until this one......or a few weeks after the last taper.

So no problem, if you'd like to go on back up a bit....... to the .435 pill weight or 77 mg total dose.

And I don't mean to add to your distress.  Let's just think of healing, healing, and more healing.

These can all be symptoms of WD, street.  Yes.  And if need be, go and see the doctor please. 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

i think i understand what you're saying,  instead of tapering from 250mg which ive been taking since 2016, some how im tapering from a 1 pill of a 100mg  trazodone which i WAS NOT taking, and 150mg less of my pill. since my pill was 250mg, should i go farther up  thank you,  YOUR THOUGHTS

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

No......if it were me, I sure wouldn't go back up to 250 mg now.  That would be a jolt to your nervous system after all these months now.

I put you in for consult street.  And we can await further input, as to any further updosing .

Going to the to the .435 in pill weight(77 mg dose) is cautious, and may really help you stabilize.  Even if it's just more tolerable symptoms, that will be great.   It might take a few nights to a week to see if it results in improvement of symptoms.

Meantime, you could try some cool cloths on the burning skin or a nice bath.  If you haven't eaten yet, this morning.......do so.  I don't see any interactions with trazodone and tylenol(acetaminophen)  or ibuprofen, so you could either for your headache.  Breathe, relax.........sometimes, easier said than done.  And carry on today.

Then stay consistent with that dose, and keep us updated.  Daily is fine.

And I'm off to do some Yoga.  Have a good day.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh street,

What I found as far as pill strengths go, was that trazodone comes in doses of single pills of 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg.

Can you check the prescription label on the bottle of the pills that you are presently working with and tell us what it says?

That will be really helpful.

And here's the post, back in June, June 14th, from when you prepared to start tapering:

There's a few more after that, clarifying weights and things from that post as well. 

Maybe you had just been on just that 100 mg pill for awhile?  Which then.......would kind of paint a different picture to me.

@manymoretodays

ok i wont go back that far and thank you for caughting that'' BIG ERROR ''in my tapering,. thats HUGE.

When i saw your post something inside of me told me to talk with her it was the lord who guide me to you, 

i wish i had started the brassmonkey scale at 5% he had it all written out and it was posted to me, oh well moving foward.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Yup.  2017 was awhile ago.  Today is today.  And on we go.  Doing the best that we can.

Edited by manymoretodays

26 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh street,

What I found as far as pill strengths go, was that trazodone comes in doses of single pills of 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg.

Can you check the prescription label on the bottle of the pills that you are presently working with and tell us what it says?

That will be really helpful.

And here's the post, back in June, June 14th, from when you prepared to start tapering:

There's a few more after that, clarifying weights and things from that post as well. 

Maybe you had just been on just that 100 mg pill for awhile?  Which then.......would kind of paint a different picture to me.

if its only 100mg like you stated, i been on it since june 2020, start of my taper.

have 2 bottles one with 100mgs and the other bottle with 50mgs, im on my way out ill stop by my pharmacy to get the correct pills in each, i'll get back to you once they give me the pills of each bottles.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

street,

When you get the 100 mg pills.  Once again, just weigh 3 of them.  One at a time.

Last time you did 10 all at once, and then Frogie got a average weight worked out to start calculations with.

Just weigh the ones from the 100 mg bottle.

And then, tell us again, exactly what you see on your scales readout for each pill.

( and this can wait, if you still have some of your old batch, to work with for the immediate future dosages, tonight, tomorrow........)

Glad you are getting a walk in.   And ahhhh.......my Zoom Yoga was fine.

Edited by manymoretodays

@manymoretodays

the pharmacy give me the amounts, 

one bottle is 60 pills of 100  trazodone

the second bottle is 30 pills of 50 trazodone

Before I started to taper in June 2020 I use to take 2x 100mg of trazodone

and 1x50mg of trazodone to make up my 250mg of trazodone nightly.

i hope you're having a great day so far.

i just got back its raining, 

ok let me explain so I will not have any more problems with my tapers, I'm grateful to you and I'm in your hands.

You have caught this big error in my taping and i thank you.  I didn't know I was only doing a 100mg taper which I should not have and I was doing a 10%

I thought my taper was for what I've been on and been taken for 4 years consistently 250mg trazodone.

when I started to taper I was always taking 250mg, I have never ever was on 100mg and once I started in June I thought that I was given the weigh for 250mg of my trazodone.

I'm kinda scare at the moment because I don't know how I'm gonna proceed  lowering my drug from 100mg of trazodone when I was never on 100mg.  

I'm not blaming  anyone they are good to me and  maybe our wires got cross.

As a grown woman i guess you could say I should have known this, but i dont. 

I'm going to make pancakes with berries in spelt flour and I'm  having some elderberry tea,   its cooling.

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size

250mg trazodone

4 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

street,

When you get the 100 mg pills.  Once again, just weigh 3 of them.  One at a time.

Last time you did 10 all at once, and then Frogie got a average weight worked out to start calculations with.

Just weigh the ones from the 100 mg bottle.

And then, tell us again, exactly what you see on your scales readout for each pill.

( and this can wait, if you still have some of your old batch, to work with for the immediate future dosages, tonight, tomorrow........)

Glad you are getting a walk in.   And ahhhh.......my Zoom Yoga was fine.

I weigh three 100mg pill, one at a time 

the first one said 0.324

the second one said 0.322

the third one said 0.325

can i ask what this entails

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds wonderful.

Do you have some of your last batch of 100's, to work with now, street?  Or did you run out of those?

And good, thank you.  We now have an average weight of .324 for a 100 mg tablet.

I'm still waiting to get some further input too, as far as if we should updose any more right now.

• Moderator Emeritus

And oh, I'm sorry street.

I may have jumped ahead a bit.  With recalculations based on your new batch of 100 mg pills.

What that entailed was just a reweigh of 100 mg pills.  It might not be real relevant right now.

If you still have crushed tablets from the old batch, I think it might be best to work with those right now, or for the next week.

@manymoretodays

Yes i have a lot,  i fill my prescription every month, i dont thing i want to continue taking my fish oil at this time i just want to deal with this  situation only, Your thoughts.

i would like to know if we're only dealing with what i've been tapering as of the 100mg, 

im so confused.

250mg trazodone

53 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

And oh, I'm sorry street.

I may have jumped ahead a bit.  With recalculations based on your new batch of 100 mg pills.

What that entailed was just a reweigh of 100 mg pills.  It might not be real relevant right now.

If you still have crushed tablets from the old batch, I think it might be best to work with those right now, or for the next week.

oh ok.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, completely understandable street.

This is all very confusing for any of us.

Do you have crushed material from last month or whole 100 mg pills?

Edited by manymoretodays
none, will check back

@manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes, completely understandable street.

This is all very confusing for any of us.

Do you have crushed material from last month or whole 100 mg pills?

Yes i have plenty crush pills and many of my tablets., I get my refill of my trazodone every month, thanks for asking

Also about my updose to .435

its been 3 weeks at my hold, I need to also tell you tonight its bad, but not as bad as last night, if it could only get  more comfortable and bearable  It would be good. I need a distraction.

I am willing to hold right now still, and see what tomorrow brings.i hope i also dont regret this decision.

You're so helpful to me THANK YOU.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Hello, street.

Please clarify your signature

6/16/20  0.90 mg,    7/26/20   0.81 mg.    9/6/20 0.410 mgpw 0.72 mg

In June, you were taking 250mg trazodone? How much trazodone in milligrams of active ingredient are taking every day now? What times of day do you take it?

Please change your signature to measurements in milligrams of active ingredient, not the weight of the tablets, so we can follow what you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.